• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That range difference is minimized because Peach can float back and then forward and do an aerial. I feel that her float increases the effectiveness of her range, and Marth doesn't having a spacing option like the float does. Of course, Marth still has the range advantage, but due to the float, it's not as significant as it could have been, and that's why it's something along the lines of Marth having a slight advantage. Thanks though, that video is extremely beneficial.

Yeah it would be interested to see the forward-smash in there as well.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Sorry about the lack of fsmash. I was told it would be better to just do the aerials and tilts. Doesn't her ftilt and dtilt outrange the fsmash though? I could very well be wrong >_>

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think her golf-club fsmash is her longest ranging attack, but it's random so it's not very consistent though...

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Marth has always had that kind of range demonstrated in that video. What is more beneficial is to show some sort of priority, assuming both characters are coming at eachother with different spacing (spacing is controlled by two players, not one) to see the result. And, if possible, show attacks that clank, and provide a follow-up. Peach usually wins out on a clank, because she's faster--but I'm not too sure about marth's forward-B's speed, because that might clank right after, too. Peach does not need to exceed marth's range to get at him, simply counter with something of appreciable priority to clank, and out-speed him for damage. The matchup is deep~

Or I could just say, a defensive, campy-***** peach beats all of marth's approaches with disgusting OOS attacks (turnip here, turnip there, shield=>insta-BAir here, turnip there, etc). The game is all about her vicious OOS BAir, all I'm saying :p

hova

Smash Champion
yeah i didn't present my case well at all

sry about that edress

but i am still full of self proclaimed amazingness

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Hmm, there's a huge thread dedicated to Wolf, that was created recently, I say we do ROB (or anyone else)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is everyone forgetting that pulling a beam sword is an autowin against Marth? Because it is. =D

And for next week I say Rob, though I'm eagerly awaiting Pit's week.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Best Falco in N.Y I can't beat. I had to fight him in a tourny 2 weeks ago and it was too hard. For one thing, he camps. He is a good friend and help me in melee on fighting foxes cause I was so bad at it. So I am not hating on him when he cames me. But I just cant handle it, then falco in general is also a Pain. And You will see more Falcos then ROBS So I say lets do falco.

hova

Smash Champion
my friend is good with falco but doesn't camp. i played a bad falco that just camped

i'd hate to see a good falco camping... i'd imagine that'd be a pain to fight

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude fight D1, that **** is hell. But he is smart. He can camp and go at you face to face. This dude can fully use his Falco well. But he leans on more of the camping type. At least with me anyway. Fight him and you will see hell from a falco you thought did not imagine you would see.

Sky`

Smash Lord
=[

I got really discouraged after seeing all the matchups that peach has trouble with.

I noticed... She does not have a HUGE advantage against anybody... =[

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
=[

I got really discouraged after seeing all the matchups that peach has trouble with.

I noticed... She does not have a HUGE advantage against anybody... =[
No, but except G&W (IMHO) she really doesn't have a huge DISADVANTAGE against anyone either. Her playstyle can be modified to beat almost anyone.

And also...might I remind you of Olimar.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I vote ROB cause I have things to share while the matchup is fresh in my memory.

Falco is more of a problem for me though.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Best Falco in N.Y I can't beat. I had to fight him in a tourny 2 weeks ago and it was too hard. For one thing, he camps. He is a good friend and help me in melee on fighting foxes cause I was so bad at it. So I am not hating on him when he cames me. But I just cant handle it, then falco in general is also a Pain. And You will see more Falcos then ROBS So I say lets do falco.
A camping, good Falco is my hardest matchup in the game bar none :( Have at it. It's ROB time, or Robotic Operating Buddy :p

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Here's a some tips:

- avoid Luigi's Mansion like the plague.
- when first starting a match, the first thing you need to do is spot dodge. This avoids the common first laser beam.
- dairing ROB is quite easy.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I haven't fought many R.O.Bs before but I can say this. He's very easy to Dair Combo once you get one in since he's fairly large. Throw the Gyro (Down + B) back at him.

The best thing about this is that you can hold his Gyro hostage and still fight normally because you can't throw things whilst floating. So if he chucks it, keep hold on it and as the battle continues, he may just forget once in a while and try to use it, leaving him open for punishment :p The only thing you can't use is Turnips

His recovery is ridiculous and very difficult to gimp. You can't foot stool him and Turnips aren't very effective because he can attack. Try fooling him into attacking you when he's recovering and Toad countering it back into his face. If that doesn't work, I suggest trying to Bair him

I'll try contribute some more info when I've fought more R.O.Bs

P.S the pics are hilarious :chuckle:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Rob out camps you. Stay as close to rob when possible. Never let him get to far to u. His laser's and gyro wll be a pain.

He's pretty heavy so killing him isn't that easy.

Beacuse of Peach's weight Killing her with ROB's Usmash is crucial.

Fair u should take caution to. Fair has a strange hitbox that last a while. It beats ur Turnips, can WoP you, can be used for spacing, and on top of that comes out real fast. Sheildgrab his Fairs if he attempts to do this while ur on the ground. If Rob decides to space himself, space ur self as well with Peach's Fair to avoid his sheilgrabs. His grab range isn't great but his Bthrow can kill.

Also combined with the robo burner its possible for Rob to land a few Fairs to WoP u off screen. and peach's floatiness makes it easier.

Dsmash comes out fast and has decent priority. Expect this after a spot dodge, or roll.

Rob can trap u in a series of Dtilts and it can even trip u.

Ftilt has a bit of Range and comes out pretty fast.

Rob can glide toss his gyro to another one of his moves. normally to a Fsmash, Dsmash or a robo beam. Try not to block his gyros, they will diminish and gives him a chance to shoot another gyro. But if u expect Rob to follow up with another attack blocking is neccessary.

Edgeguarding Rob is also very difficult since the Robo burner gets him to ridiculous height and has decent horizontal recovery. He can attack in between his recover to defend him self. Even without the robo burner, he is still tricky since he can also use gyro to get you off his back. On top of that he can edgegard u a lot easier than u can to him

Rob is very easy to Dair combo. because of his weight, floatiness and lack of ability to retaliate from being juggled, this is an easy task. Take an advantage of this. This is Rob's biggest weakness.

Rob's Fsmash is weak and has little range. Rob's Nair and Bair is a bit slow, and his Usmash's Htbox is only above him, so he's quite limited in killing u as much as u are.

Since Rob sucks at fight his oponents when below him, Usmash him whenever u can see it connecting. Because of Rob being Floaty Vertical kills are the way to go in killing him.

Save ur killing moves you'll need it to kill Rob since he's quite heavy.

Rob can be chain grabbed for a short period at 0 percent

Dsmash is only good for counter attacing. It has very low killing potential.

If ur fighting a Fair happy Rob, shield grab his attempts unless he's good at spacing or fight his Fair with Bair.

I think ROB has the advantage or it may be close to even but here's my opinion.

55-45 Rob

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This matchup took me a long time to get down and I got ROB ***** a lot.

Once I figured it out...seriously, Peach has the advantage in this matchup. Even the best ROB player in WA is now convinced of that.

I'll post more later.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

Once I figured it out...seriously, Peach has the advantage in this matchup. Even the best ROB player in WA is now convinced of that.

I'll post more later.
i doubt that Peach has the advantage.. Its most likely even or Rob with the advantage.

ROB beats Peach 93-7
oh wow.. lol its no where near that bad. peach still gives him trouble.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I'll post more later.
Play KoreanDJ's ROB then come back too me saying that.

I'll give my imput on this later.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I... have never played ROB before. Level 9 CPUs don't count. All I know about him is his his boxes are all weird like lucarios and you need to know the spacing on his moves as well if not better than he does. This is from playing level 9 CPUs mind you. I know, my expertise is astounding.

D

Deleted member

Here's a some tips:

- avoid Luigi's Mansion like the plague.
- when first starting a match, the first thing you need to do is spot dodge. This avoids the common first laser beam.
- dairing ROB is quite easy.
If your area is playing with Luigi's mansion as a legitimate counter-pick, you need to petition or whatever to get it banned. Many communities have it banned simply due to it being another Hyrule and the fact that Meta Knight is broken as **** there.

As for the actual matchup, throw lots of turnips while floating, use d-air a lot, fair ***** him, and don't try to hit him when you're underneath, his priority is too good with nair and dair.

otherwise, toad the obvious nairs - if he's campy, turnip -> fair pressure / d-air.

if he's aggressive then you should be cautious or be really good at spacing fair.

moves to watch out for: spotdodge -> dsmash, bair, nair, fair, upsmash.

i find the best ways to kill him are charging upsmashes after he spams spot dodge - a lot of robs i've played like to roll after they spot dodge. they roll right into it.

im pretty sure peach beats rob in the end, i don't really see the advantage for him. although his spike is **** but obvious, so don't get hit by that.

edit: im gonna probably start posting in this matchup thread a bit more, simply because im playing peach a lot more these days. melee peach and brawl peach felt similar and while edrees's melee peach ***** mine i'm no slump with that ****. man, i should post the peach dittos niko k and i have. theyre epic ****. actually entertaining brawl vids.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
If your area is playing with Luigi's mansion as a legitimate counter-pick, you need to petition or whatever to get it banned. Many communities have it banned simply due to it being another Hyrule and the fact that Meta Knight is broken as **** there.

As for the actual matchup, throw lots of turnips while floating, use d-air a lot, fair ***** him, and don't try to hit him when you're underneath, his priority is too good with nair and dair.

otherwise, toad the obvious nairs - if he's campy, turnip -> fair pressure / d-air.

if he's aggressive then you should be cautious or be really good at spacing fair.

moves to watch out for: spotdodge -> dsmash, bair, nair, fair, upsmash.

i find the best ways to kill him are charging upsmashes after he spams spot dodge - a lot of robs i've played like to roll after they spot dodge. they roll right into it.

im pretty sure peach beats rob in the end, i don't really see the advantage for him. although his spike is **** but obvious, so don't get hit by that.

edit: im gonna probably start posting in this matchup thread a bit more, simply because im playing peach a lot more these days. melee peach and brawl peach felt similar and while edrees's melee peach ***** mine i'm no slump with that ****. man, i should post the peach dittos niko k and i have. theyre epic ****. actually entertaining brawl vids.
Peach does not beat Rob noway.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If your area is playing with Luigi's mansion as a legitimate counter-pick, you need to petition or whatever to get it banned. Many communities have it banned simply due to it being another Hyrule and the fact that Meta Knight is broken as **** there..
I'm trying to be more involved in the stage legality scene and I can't see a reason to ever get Luigi's banned. Temple was banned due to run-away stalling - not the Cave of Life. So any decently knowledgeable tournament wouldn't fall for it.

Peach does not beat Rob noway.
YOU are not very optimistic. But, I guess we'll see... good thing I don't play ROBs to often.

D

Deleted member

if peach doesn't beat rob, so be it, i don't really care, i'm not gonna come on these boards defending peach like all the other idiots on this board do. at the very least it's even, simply for reference.

but honestly if you're finding rob is ****** you, you're not playing well. end of story. rob is the least of peach's worries.

meno,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLvRh_4JHQ

this match used to be titled, "the match that got Luigi's Mansion banned"

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180762

it's banned @ CH4, the biggest brawl tournament in the next couple months i'd say.

it's the same **** man.

you're also wrong - the "cave of life" was a large factor, as was the running away. you can do both in LM in brawl.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh right... I forgot about the teching...
Anyway here's the current stage legality list most have agreed on (though tourneys will do there own thing until the official thing comes out from the SBR):

Singles:
Battlefield Recommended: Random Starter
Final Destination Recommended: Random Starter
Lylat Cruise Recommended: Random Starter
Smashville Recommended: Random Starter
Yoshi's Island Brawl Recommended: Random Starter

Brinstar Recommended:Counterpick
Castle Siege Recommended: Counterpick
Delfino Plaza Recommended: Counterpick
Distant Planet Recommended: Counterpick
Frigate Orpheon Recommended: Counterpick
Green GreensRecommended: Counterpick
Halberd Recommended: Counterpick
Luigi's Mansion Recommended: Counterpick
Onett Recommended: Counterpick
PictoChat Recommended: Counterpick
Pokemon Stadium Recommended: Counterpick
Rainbow Cruise Recommended: Counterpick
Hanenbow Recommended: Counterpick
Jungle Japes Recommended: Counterpick
Yoshi's Island Melee Recommended: Counterpick
Pokemon Stadium 2 Recommended: Counterpick

Pirate Ship Currently: Banned
Norfair Recommended: Banned
75 m Recommended: Banned
Big Blue Recommended: Banned
Bridge of Eldin Recommended: Banned
Corneria Recommended: Banned
Flat Zone 2 Recommended: Banned
Green Hill Zone Recommended: Banned
Rumble Falls Recommended: Banned
Mario Bros. Recommended: Banned
Mario Circuit Recommended: Banned
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 Recommended: Banned
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 Recommended: Banned
New Pork City Recommended: Banned
Port Town Aero Dive Recommended: Banned
Shadow Moses Island Recommended: Banned
Skyworld Recommended: Banned
Spear Pillar Recommended: Banned
Summit Recommended: Banned
Temple Recommended: Banned
WarioWare, Inc. Recommended: Banned

If you look at what's banned you can categorize everything into two places:

- either it encourages abusive tactics, like infinites or teching,
- or it interferes with the match too much, like micro-games on Wario Ware.

Luigi's can only be abused with the teching - but even then you can destroy the place to completly avoid it.

And that video only showed a lot of spamming...

D

Deleted member

a ) the thing regens itself fully in only 20 seconds

b ) breaking the thing causes your moves to be stale

c ) MK is BROKEN on this stage

d ) that video showed not only spamming but at the end you'll see all he did was run away, that's possible on Luigi's

e ) CH4 has it banned my friend

f ) that list is not official, nor is it SBR endorsed. recommended? who the hell cares what 08 joiners recommend lolz - not referring to you - just teh majority of Tactical Brawl Discussion

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Rob was a problem for me as well. But I think i got the hang of him now since I have been doing well against him lately.

It is best you try to get close to him with Turnips and glide toss more than anything else.. And not stay in the air too much. R.O.B can take you down easy from the air. So if your gonna use your air game be smart about it. Learn to fight him on the ground.

Dont try to beat his Uairs with your Dairs. Its really hard to beat that and you will end up just getting hit.

R.O.B loves to side step to a Dsmash. bait that move and get them with a Dair. Your wait for the sidestep. They may also do it out of the shield.

If you get hit with his Fair, DI away. Dont even try to get a hit off him, you will end up getting another one to the face. Your your really close to him when he does a Fair, you can sneak a N-air in before the other one comes out. When he is off the stage, there are 2 ways to K.O him.

- If he is not that far out of your reach, time a Good Fair or back air.

- Snipe him with Turnips If you can get him while he Up-B's you will make him waste his fuel and he will drop to his deal.

Space like hell to beat most of his moves. mix up both air and ground game.

You don't wanna pick up turnips so much. His lazer and that top he shots can get you before the you can move from getting a turnip.

I'm not sure what top rate this match. I play koreanDJ's ROB three times. The first fight was me lossing by a stock, the next 2 fights were me losing by 2 stocks. That R.O.B is insane. He start he **** from the ground. Then get you in the Fair chain. Pressured with the lazer and the top. Then go in with wierd mix ups or bait me. I have played One of the best R.O.BS here and one, but after player DJ, I saw a new light. He is good at useing ALL of ROBs moves. And pressured me like hell with his Tilts and Fairs.

Maybe I was doing something wrong. try to use lots of turnips and he abused me for it, idk. But the way DJ played and what I hear about Peach having the advantage. I am clueless about what to rate this.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
R.O.B is a typical projectile user.Stay in close and don't let him abuse the Gyro and Robo
Beam and he'll have a hard time fighting against you.Don't attack him from above in order
to nullify his upward smash attack ,and remember that R.O.B has minimal attack power,
so you can take a few times hits before you'll be knocked offstage.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Rob out camps you. Stay as close to rob when possible. Never let him get to far to u. His laser's and gyro wll be a pain.

He's pretty heavy so killing him isn't that easy.

Beacuse of Peach's weight Killing her with ROB's Usmash is crucial.

Fair u should take caution to. Fair has a strange hitbox that last a while. It beats ur Turnips, can WoP you, can be used for spacing, and on top of that comes out real fast. Sheildgrab his Fairs if he attempts to do this while ur on the ground. If Rob decides to space himself, space ur self as well with Peach's Fair to avoid his sheilgrabs. His grab range isn't great but his Bthrow can kill.

Also combined with the robo burner its possible for Rob to land a few Fairs to WoP u off screen. and peach's floatiness makes it easier.

Dsmash comes out fast and has decent priority. Expect this after a spot dodge, or roll.

Rob can trap u in a series of Dtilts and it can even trip u.

Ftilt has a bit of Range and comes out pretty fast.

Rob can glide toss his gyro to another one of his moves. normally to a Fsmash, Dsmash or a robo beam. Try not to block his gyros, they will diminish and gives him a chance to shoot another gyro. But if u expect Rob to follow up with another attack blocking is neccessary.

Edgeguarding Rob is also very difficult since the Robo burner gets him to ridiculous height and has decent horizontal recovery. He can attack in between his recover to defend him self. Even without the robo burner, he is still tricky since he can also use gyro to get you off his back. On top of that he can edgegard u a lot easier than u can to him

Rob is very easy to Dair combo. because of his weight, floatiness and lack of ability to retaliate from being juggled, this is an easy task. Take an advantage of this. This is Rob's biggest weakness.

Rob's Fsmash is weak and has little range. Rob's Nair and Bair is a bit slow, and his Usmash's Htbox is only above him, so he's quite limited in killing u as much as u are.

Since Rob sucks at fight his oponents when below him, Usmash him whenever u can see it connecting. Because of Rob being Floaty Vertical kills are the way to go in killing him.

Save ur killing moves you'll need it to kill Rob since he's quite heavy.

Rob can be chain grabbed for a short period at 0 percent

Dsmash is only good for counter attacing. It has very low killing potential.

If ur fighting a Fair happy Rob, shield grab his attempts unless he's good at spacing or fight his Fair with Bair.

I think ROB has the advantage or it may be close to even but here's my opinion.

55-45 Rob
how am i not optimistic? i have a lot of experience with this match since i actually use both of them and face peaches with my rob

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
a ) the thing regens itself fully in only 20 seconds

b ) breaking the thing causes your moves to be stale

c ) MK is BROKEN on this stage

d ) that video showed not only spamming but at the end you'll see all he did was run away, that's possible on Luigi's

e ) CH4 has it banned my friend

f ) that list is not official, nor is it SBR endorsed. recommended? who the hell cares what 08 joiners recommend lolz - not referring to you - just teh majority of Tactical Brawl Discussion
a) That's true (I think)

b) OR you can use them as a chance to reset your moves - I believe it's after 8 different ones

c) Auto-win or just a really good counter-pick?

d) You can stall on ANY stage if you tried hard enough

e) CH4 will obviously take the "safe approach" to what is or isn't banned - being the large tournament it is. Especially now that the official SBR list isn't out yet.

f) Yes, yes, it's not official, nor endorsed, nor is it even finished yet. But it's the most democratic and logically based list at the moment anywhere. Like I've said, tournaments are going to do their own thing - the list I presented is just a "starting off" point.

But then again, I am a Peach main - why not have it banned? It would be in my favor... :chuckle:

how am i not optimistic? i have a lot of experience with this match since i actually use both of them and face peaches with my rob
How DARE you not say Peach has the advantage/neautral match-up?!

joking, joking :p

Top Bottom