• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
I have to say 30-70 in Marth's favor. I lost to Marth users nearly all the time.

Marth seems to have counter strategies against Peach's attacks. His wide-ranged attacks and his Counter makes it difficult for Peach to approach him. A lot of his attacks are executed rapidly. He has a fast spike (Dair).

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I still think jabs and using toad helps out alot on the ground. I think marth has an advantage, but I dont believe that its a major blowout. Granted I havent played a top marth before, but that may have just been level of play. Anyway, the marths I very formidable, but just died when I got them off the edge, because imo hes not hard to edgeguard. However, on the ground it seemed like they were keeping me on defence, it was on counterattacks and punishing that I could get them off the edge. But, eventually, they all start to use the counter when they see what moves your are punishing, so beware because its painful... I say marth has the advantage until you can manage to get him of the level, then as long as you can float you should have him. Again, beware the counter here. Whoever said just hover and take the ledge was right. You can also try to turnip him, but his up b goes a good way, so it alone prbably wont work. you can grab the edge then turn and toad the upb that pretty much guaantees he dies unless there is more level somewhere he can grab.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Marth has less range than before. And he cant combo like he did in melee. Or chain grab for lil gimp kills. His combos you can just air dodge. What weakness thoses Marth have in this fight. For one thing, his recovery got nerfed. And he is not that hard to edgeguard nether. But thats not his weakness.

He sucks against Projectiles. So turnips are the way to go. He can swat them all he wants, he is ether gonna get hit or get caught with a follow up if the player is smart. This Match up is not hopeless as you may think it is.

Peach has to space herself just as much as you do. Cause you have a sword. Also, Marth cant fight under him. Thats another weakness he has. Now, how to abuse it? Simple. Dont play the average Peach. Play smart. Don't Dsmash every time you side step of flinch. Dont roll back and fourth to everything Marth does cause your scared to get Fsmashed or grabbed. Marths will wait for your reaction, then when you roll, sidestep or Dsmash, we will retaliate with a grab of Fsmash.

Marth now love his F-B so they will use that alot. And for spacing. Some marth may F-B you then stop in the middle of it. Wait for you to roll or side step then retaliate. They can also do F-B then in the middle just Jab you or Dtilt you, then start it up again or wait for you to do something then react to what you do and you get punished. Or he can just finish the combo and Down B you for the last F-B hit and stab your shield. Really good for spacing if Marth is too close and fears of getting grabbed or attack out of the shield.

If Marth is too close. Peach Can actually Grab Marth in between the F-B combo with good time at the start of it. or roll behind him and punish Marth if quick enough with a Grab, Dtilt, Dsmash, etc. You can also grab Marth in between his Jabs.

If you did not jump and he catches you with F-B combos, you can float in the middle of it and get behind him and bair him. I do it all the time.

Use your turnips wisley. Dont just throw it once you get it then go in with a FC-Fair. such a common Peach move that people will know what to do. and when you hit thier shield, the Peach may Jab after. Play it smart. bluff the Marth. Mindgames. Think ahead. Turnip pillar him (if you know what that is) Or jump and Z drop the turnip and grab him. Mix up how you go at Marth.

And Watch out for his Fair. it it hits your shield and he spaced it, he can do w/e he wants soon after. Cause that Move has no lag. And his Up air as well. so Be careful when over him. Timed Down airs can stop his up airs. And a Good air game can do damage to Marth. Her Dair is good at shield pressure, eating and stabbing the shield. You can even fast fall through the shield with her Dair and you can get a hit of and stab the shield better depending on the size of the shield and the timing on how you fast fall the Dair.

Marth is really Good at spacing. so you gotta learn how to get past that. Turnips is one way, and well timed attacks when he does his. Peachs Back air comes out fast and has range.
Not to mention it got buffed and hits 2 times. So that is a bonus. Its a really good move for spacing. And can beat his attacks if you time it right. Her Fair as well.

Know what attacks you can do out the shield when he hits yours. if spaced, best thing you can do is maybe Fsmash out the shield. and even if you miss, you space yourself, so you have time to retreat before Marth gets you. FC>Nairs out the shield work wonders if he is close enough.it all depends on his spacing and if he is behind you or in front. Rolling is good but you can be punished for that cause the Marth may catch on............or fact is, you have no choice but to roll. Though you can try to dash attack out of the shield. Since it has priority and hits twice. Decent range too.

Marth can be a sitting duck when recovering. aim well with turnips. or time Back airs or Fairs off the stage to hit him It works and when it hits, thats it, Marth is done. You can run to the edge, Jump and throw a turnip the other way. so now you face the stage. then back air him. and Peach can come back to the stage no problem cause you still have your second jump to float then up-B back to safety.

And their combat speed is nearly the same. Peach got faster so you can take advantage of her speed with quick thinking.

Learn what Marth looks for in this match up. common habits Peach players have Marths will look for it and try to punish.

- dont roll alot.

- Don't always Turnip to FC>Fair.

- Dont Dsmash everytime you flinch or get scared.

- dont dash attack alot. get some grabs in there, cant stress that enough. Then Mix and Match your grabs with Dash attacks. and vice versa.

- Think ahead. Be aware of what Marth is abusing that you do. think clearly when your close to him. Dont spam the same stuff over and over.

Peach can attack him from distance with turnips. She does not have to get close to deal Damage to Marth. While Marth has to get close. Marth has More Range that Peach Up close....a sword. So it be stupid to rush and and such with poor spacing. Thats why I keep my distance and space against him. Same with Roy In Melee. I dont rush him. he has a sword so I cant just rush in at him. Even tough Peach destroys roy. So watching out for his sword and looking for his reaction game does not mean he controls the match 24/7

Well for defense options I'll explain mines and you state yours. She can attack out the shield with her turnips. And use the Glide toss to get near as well. Also she has the turnip pillar that can be used defensive. Her floating out the shield for a quick attack or retreat while attacking as also another way of defense. And may not mean much but.....toad if you know Marth while come at you with Fairs or F-B.

Her Dair is good for pressure and can lead to lots of things.

Also Peach is one of the characters that can edgeguard him well and even gimp him with one.

Marth is a character you dont wanna rush at all. Best to bait him and abuse his mistakes. You rush a good Marth you are gonna pay clearly. I dont recommend being aggressive against Marth. leaning to the defensive side is the way to go.

Peach can do well against Marth upclose. With her jabs and Dsmash, Marth does the most damage when he is spacing. That's one of his main games. Also, Marth has a hard time when characters are under him. He can't fight very well when over people. So take advantage of that.

Thats about all I have for Peach Vs Marth. Peach can beat him. its not hopeless. Shoot, it never was in this game. People let Marth annoying them so they don't think fight and rush him and thats the worst then Peach can do to Marth.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
F-air happy marths tend to back down when nailed with toad. Same thing applies to most up-close aggressive players.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
^ YES! I love Toading as some idiot Marth comes flying in from across the stage for a failed fair. :D
Like teaching a child the stove is hot.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You might want to add into the snake section that you can autofloat just above the ground to avoid the mortar slide. Its only hitbox is touching the ground and it won't hit peach if she's floating.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
^ YES! I love Toading as some idiot Marth comes flying in from across the stage for a failed fair. :D
Like teaching a child the stove is hot.
*is terrified*

And whilst we're on the subject of Snake, you can Toad all of his explosives for those who don't know (includes C4's stuck to you and Down Smash mines)

Anyways...back on topic!

Niko_K

Smash Master
You might want to add into the snake section that you can autofloat just above the ground to avoid the mortar slide. Its only hitbox is touching the ground and it won't hit peach if she's floating.
Video please? I think the mortar has a hitbox too? (The long shaft looking thing)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Yup, all you can do to avoid it is shield or nail him with a turnip mid slide. Snake is such a horrible peach fight IMO. But on topic uh... marth... has... a sword... and... that's bad?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I have to say 30-70 in Marth's favor. I lost to Marth users nearly all the time.

Marth seems to have counter strategies against Peach's attacks. His wide-ranged attacks and his Counter makes it difficult for Peach to approach him. A lot of his attacks are executed rapidly. He has a fast spike (Dair).
Peach has counter strategies for Marth you should try applying.

Fair outranges his fair, Peach's bair actually stops his fair and breaks through and does damage, and Peach can approach safely using glide toss (turnip clinks with marth's sword attacks and Peach can jab him out of it).

I'd put the matchup at 50-50 from my recent matches against good Marths.

Marth has a lot of advantages but Peach has a few moves that beat everything he does (glide toss into attacks and Bair and Fair) if used properly. Use RAR.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that's not true, the shaft has a hitbox. However, if you Dair while autofloating on the ground OR Bair while autofloating on the ground, both of these moves will interrupt his Snakedash. Bair works better. :)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Anyone here on the EC who plays Peach

I am literally saying this match is 90/10 or possibly 80/20

I challenge any Peach on the EC to take a set off me

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

.......................................................................................................................................................

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace

okay saying thst the match is something and not giving proof is not REALLY a way to get people to believe you. Im on the West Coast as it is, but would play you I suppose. I'm not great and I'll give that marth has an advantage, but its certainly not the blowout you say it is. If you would prefer more of a challenge you could wait and I'm sure some better peach's would be more than happy to play you. Like I said I'm not amazing, but I have no problem proving you wrong.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's obviously some joke. Or a way to get Peach players to play him. Cause seriously....that is the most arrogant and dumbiest think I have ever read in this whole topic.

Its like someone saying " I bet you Ten bucks you can't Beat M2K with bowser"

and the other person goes "Oh yea? Your on"

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
It's obviously some joke. Or a way to get Peach players to play him. Cause seriously....that is the most arrogant and dumbiest think I have ever read in this whole topic.

Its like someone saying " I bet you Ten bucks you can't Beat M2K with bowser"

and the other person goes "Oh yea? Your on"
I know, but I still haven't had a chance to play a stock match online before. Since I'm staying at my relatives who do I can... So yeah, its stupid of me and a waste of my time, but whatever a match is a match. I'm looking to get experience, because basic brawl is packed with noobs and falco and mk.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well then you go ahead and play him if you wish. But I am not gonna waste my time schooling someone who makes arrogant posts like that. I wonder what Peaches has he played, How good they are, do they know the match up, etc. Or is this some kind of set up/joke. Or maybe a Marth fan boy who thinks Marth controls all cause he is a good character. And even going by how Marth ***** Peach in melee.

Even emblem lord and the top 2 Marths in N.Y don't even say that and I played all three of them. The top Marths here in N.Y are D1 and NinjaLink. Emblem Lord says its 70-30 Marth. NinjaLink and D1 say its 60-40 Marth. And having played all thier Marths, I agree that its 60-40.

And then this guy comes out of nowhere with that post. Its a troll or some setup I will not waste my time with. But you go ahead and kick his ***.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Well then you go ahead and play him if you wish. But I am not gonna waste my time schooling someone who makes arrogant posts like that. I wonder what Peaches has he played, How good they are, do they know the match up, etc. Or is this some kind of set up/joke. Or maybe a Marth fan boy who thinks Marth controls all cause he is a good character. And even going by how Marth ***** Peach in melee.

Even emblem lord and the top 2 Marths in N.Y don't even say that and I played all three of them. The top Marths here in N.Y are D1 and NinjaLink. Emblem Lord says its 70-30 Marth. NinjaLink and D1 say its 60-40 Marth. And having played all thier Marths, I agree that its 60-40.

And then this guy comes out of nowhere with that post. Its a troll or some setup I will not waste my time with. But you go ahead and kick his ***.
thanks for looking out for your fellow peachs... Your a good fellow dark and if I hear anything back from him... I plan to. ;)

hova

Smash Champion

it's not a troll

that's Neo. hopefully everyone remembers Neo from melee, ***** red roy and ****. also top 5 before he stopped coming to tournies

i'm pretty sure he has only played me and Azen's peaches recently and i'd be willing to back his claim

all those years of playing Wife with Marth/Roy may have transferred over to brawl... Neo alone is my worst match up

edit: i thought D1 was a falco main and Ninjalink used just about everyone, at least that's how it was when they were down here. Neo has been strictly Marth since he first played and i doubt anyone here will be kicking his ***

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know who neo is. And I'm sorry, but even for someone as Neo I am not gonna buy that post he made all because he is "Neo"

I know all about Neo. But if you expect me to just side with him cause he is good then you are wrong.

D1 Does main falco but he plays others such as Peach, Marth DDD and snake. And NinjaLInk does play Marth. He plays just about everyone. Annd for him to base that on 2 Peaches....I'm sorry but I am still not buying his rating on Peach Vs Marth. Being on top does not mean you can NEVER be wrong.

I played Neo at pound three. He is cool and I have full respect for him. But just cause he is Neo, don't mean I have to worship what he says. So you can doubt there is no Peach that can beat Neo. Its your opinion and its all based on YOUR experience with Marth. And last I check you have a hard time with Marth. So I am not gonna agree with you for that fact as well.

Also don't take this as a flameing post. You stated your opinion and I am stating mines. Just being real.

Edit: I knew there was something funny about that post. I just knew it. And I was right.

hova

Smash Champion
i don't agree with Neo because he is Neo; i agree with Neo because i have played him and watched him play

i also don't have a hard time with Marth, i **** marths all of the time. I have a problem with Neo and Meep's Marth. so when i can **** all other marths i take that to mean that those two understand the character and match up a little better than the rest

i'm pretty sure Neo beating me has something to do with him being better overall, but the way he beats me vs. the way M2k or Azen beats me is completely different. it's just really hard... you can see first hand at CH4 and possibly esticle if he makes it

and saying that he has only played 2 peaches really isn't fair considering that not too many people play peach and he also played two really good peaches (i'm pretty sure he played D1's online at some point). what good peaches have EL, D1, and NL played besides yourself?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
and saying that he has only played 2 peaches really isn't fair considering that not too many people play peach and he also played two really good peaches (i'm pretty sure he played D1's online at some point). what good peaches have EL, D1, and NL played besides yourself?
Glad we can have a talk without a war breaking out Unlike before or with the likes of Yuna.

You have to ask D1 and NL that. But if this is not far, its also not fair about Neo just Playing Azens Peach and yours and from 2 Peachs making the claim that its nearly impossible for her to win. Thats going over board right there.

And I am not doubting the fact that Neo knows his ****. But lots of Factors come in. Player skill, experience with the character, etc. Neo is better than you so point goes to him, Peach vs Marth is in Marths favor, thats another point to him. His Marth is up there and knows his stuff. That also hepls.

Now I am not saying you dont know your stuff nether. I have not seen vids of you or how you do in tournaments if you enter them. So I can't say a thing about you. Actually I dont know anything about you. Only thing I heard about you was that your good from NinjaLink when he played you at CH3

Now if Neo and Meep understand the match up better then the other Marths, You have to ask yourself this "do I understand this match up fully in the hands of these 2 who know what they are doing?"

Also don't take this as me saying "I can beat neo cause I know the fight 100% win or lose" Thats is not what I am saying here. I am getting at the fact of this overboard rating of his based on 2 Peaches. And guess what. I think that is wrong and so can other Peach players, and ever Marths on his level. But he can still think that and they dont have to agree with him. Its his experience based on 2 Peaches he has played. (three if he played D1's Peach)

I'm not gonna agree with Neo. He can beat me all he wants, Factors come in that he is better player than me, and has the advantage in this fight. Which also kills my odds. Do I think I can take neo out. Yes I do. I'm not gonna be scared of someone and be honest about how I feel cause they are top players/big names or w/e the case is. I still have growing to do in this game. Much of it. And if I play Neo and lose, I'll still think I have the ability to beat neo cause I know my Peach Vs Marth left and right. Even if I lose to Marth I still know it. No one is perfect. Its all about me being on point in the match and keeping my cool. And getting better from each lot. Winning does not make you a better player. Losing does. Cause you lose to get better. And you get better by losing. (if you get what I mean)

Ether way I am still going by what I say. 40-60 Marth

hova

Smash Champion
Drk Pch- just an FYI... I love butting heads with you on these boards because i feel like it's productive to my game as well as the other peach mains. we have disagreed on a lot of topics and it's nice to know that someone is not afraid to call me out on something when i'm not afraid to do the same. it seems like we have different views and playstyles(i try to be as offensive as possible, but will camp/defense when necessary) and it feels like we can get a wider perspective of the character

my rating may be skewed because i'm actually trying to visualize a peach vs. marth at the top of both their games. now since neither character has a player who has reached that level it is hard to do, but i still believe that a perfect marth v a perfect peach will have marth win near everytime

but since we are not in that perfect world, it is very possible for peach to win and i have done so like many other peaches. i just feel that peach's options are few and marth's are great. and having options factors greatly into the difficulty of a match up

so in a perfect world i would stand by a 90-10 or 85-15, but for right now i would concede to 75-25 or 70-30 since the match up has not fully been explored and people are prone to mistakes

this also was not based on a few matches, but playing with both Neo and Meep on a very regular basis at my house. I would be surprised if any other Peaches(or anyone besides my crew period) had the level of Marth training i have, but that's not to say i am definitely better at the match up

just to prove that i am not a doubter of Peach's abilities. i definitely believe that the Snake match up is in Peach's favor 60-40

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Glad we can have a talk without a war breaking out Unlike before or with the likes of Yuna.

You have to ask D1 and NL that. But if this is not far, its also not fair about Neo just Playing Azens Peach and yours and from 2 Peachs making the claim that its nearly impossible for her to win. Thats going over board right there.

And I am not doubting the fact that Neo knows his ****. But lots of Factors come in. Player skill, experience with the character, etc. Neo is better than you so point goes to him, Peach vs Marth is in Marths favor, thats another point to him. His Marth is up there and knows his stuff. That also hepls.

Now I am not saying you dont know your stuff nether. I have not seen vids of you or how you do in tournaments if you enter them. So I can't say a thing about you. Actually I dont know anything about you. Only thing I heard about you was that your good from NinjaLink when he played you at CH3

Now if Neo and Meep understand the match up better then the other Marths, You have to ask yourself this "do I understand this match up fully in the hands of these 2 who know what they are doing?"

Also don't take this as me saying "I can beat neo cause I know the fight 100% win or lose" Thats is not what I am saying here. I am getting at the fact of this overboard rating of his based on 2 Peaches. And guess what. I think that is wrong and so can other Peach players, and ever Marths on his level. But he can still think that and they dont have to agree with him. Its his experience based on 2 Peaches he has played. (three if he played D1's Peach)

I'm not gonna agree with Neo. He can beat me all he wants, Factors come in that he is better player than me, and has the advantage in this fight. Which also kills my odds. Do I think I can take neo out. Yes I do. I'm not gonna be scared of someone and be honest about how I feel cause they are top players/big names or w/e the case is. I still have growing to do in this game. Much of it. And if I play Neo and lose, I'll still think I have the ability to beat neo cause I know my Peach Vs Marth left and right. Even if I lose to Marth I still know it. No one is perfect. Its all about me being on point in the match and keeping my cool. And getting better from each lot. Winning does not make you a better player. Losing does. Cause you lose to get better. And you get better by losing. (if you get what I mean)

Ether way I am still going by what I say. 40-60 Marth

this whole discussion actually has nothing to do with whether or not you can beat me, or if you think you can beat me

nobody actually cares

marth has a huge advantage over peach, his game shuts down her game and most of the things she can do to literally every other character she cannot do to Marth at all

so I'm saying the match is 90/10 or 80/20

my rating actually has little to nothing to do with whatever Peach's I've played. I've analyzed the game a lot recently (which has led to my success with Marth) and just by pure character design and capability i'd still give the match a similar rating

60/40? unlikely. i don't understand why people get defensive enough of their favorite characters to make posts as long as yours. you think you know the match left and right? you probably don't to be perfectly honest

my post was arrogant.. yeah, maybe

but so was your ranting

i think you just took it too personal

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh. I'll take that as a good thing then. If you heard about the crap I go through with N.Y and my fights with Yuna. I'm not a person that is gonna stay quite about something just cause people may see you as a god or your a big name. I don't care who you are. If I feel something is right/wrong I am gonna speak on it. I see most people stay quite to good players or beig names cause........they are what they are. That wont get you anywhere. If your afraid of that, you will be afraid in a fight when it counts and your gonna get creamed.

Though I would like to know, who is the best Peach Main in the US right now. That Peach main I would wanna see how he does against all odds. Maybe he teach us all a thing or two. Also I'd play with that guy all the time.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i don't post on the boards much, as you can see with my post count since registering a looooong time ago

all i'm saying is why dedicate this much time posting text on a board arguing about opinions which will most likely not change with just this posting when you could be..... practicing maximizing the effectiveness of your character to prove me wrong?

i'm actually going to practice some right now

later

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this whole discussion actually has nothing to do with whether or not you can beat me, or if you think you can beat me

nobody actually cares

marth has a huge advantage over peach, his game shuts down her game and most of the things she can do to literally every other character she cannot do to Marth at all

so I'm saying the match is 90/10 or 80/20

my rating actually has little to nothing to do with whatever Peach's I've played. I've analyzed the game a lot recently (which has led to my success with Marth) and just by pure character design and capability i'd still give the match a similar rating

60/40? unlikely. i don't understand why people get defensive enough of their favorite characters to make posts as long as yours. you think you know the match left and right? you probably don't to be perfectly honest

my post was arrogant.. yeah, maybe

but so was your ranting

i think you just took it too personal
I took nothing to personal. If you actually expect me to sit back and stay quiet all because your neo then you are mistaken.

That is outragous with that rating. Just like you analyzed The game, so have I. And the reason I go all Peach and dont counterpick. As I said before, I have respect for you cause we played in melee and gave good comments about my Peach and we had close games. But dont think cause your you, I'm gonna just sit back and not speak my mind as a Peach main.

You are only looking from Marth points of few and Peachs Nerfs. Snake and Meta and ever rated like that to Peach as you just did to Marth Vs Peach. I already made my post on Peach vs Marth.

You bring me any situation where Marth gives it to Peach hardcore and I'll glady give you an answer. Now if you are gonna think this is some fanboy crap then your sadly mistaken. I already said marth has the advantage. And I stated my claims and how Peach should handle this fight.

Why don't you explain why its nearly impossible then.I explained why its 40-60 Marth. Now you explain to me your rating on this.

Edit: You say why I am wasteing time here posting on opinons? What would be the point of these thread for help. We are here to learn match ups and improve are game. and if I feel something is right/ wrong I will speak on it. thats what all this is for. If one just stays shut, how you expect people to learn anything, right or wrong.

And I am not praticeing to prove you wrong, as I said I dont care what Marth beats me or what Marth I beat. I will always stand by what I said . 40-60 Marth.

Later.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Its always like this... A topic will be open and someone says something totaly wrong, unfounded, or unagreed with and sht hits the fan. lol Peach threads ARE drama and most of the time its cool, but sometimes it gets out of hand. Words are only words and people let them get to them. But, and this is my lowly opinion, I find that I agree with Dark.pch on this one. He gave REASONS why Peach is at slight disadvantage and then the other guy shows up and gives no reasons and tries to just SAY something and get us to believe him... I'm not going to say I think one can beat the other it's just that one gave a serious lack of evidence to support their claims. Also, I believe that it'snot always good to say "hey so and so is well known he MUST be right". I've said it once before, opinions are like butholes, and people are always going to argue about it because some people refuse to be wrong, and others refuse to let people not be informed that their wrong, and sometimes people are both... some people are neither. lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is no drama in here. Its just a debate. Nothing more or less. I was not lashing at neo and he was not at me.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Well, let's discuss it then. I'm curious as to your analysis.

See, I initially agreed with you, till Edrees (who is very well versed at fighting Marth) showed me some things.

1) Peach's fair outranges Marth's. This is obvious.

2) Peach's Bair, surprisingly, outprioritizes Marth's fair. The sweetspotted hitbox will clink with the sword and the unsweetspotted hitbox will hit Marth. Reverse Aerial Rush goes right through Marth's sword.

3) Glide toss allows Peach an amazing approach, since the turnip stops his sword hit and she can slap him in the face and run.

Essentially, the Peach vs Marth game comes down to Peach glide tossing in for quick slaps then running away, stopping Marth's pursuit with Bairs and RAR's, and then trying to land a fair or usmash for the killing move (or the occasional Dair combo if the Marth slips up and lets her). Marth has the advantage but if Peach plays properly she can win.

If you can two-stock Edrees, I will accept Peach having a 90-10 disadvantage.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
There is no drama in here. Its just a debate. Nothing more or less. I was not lashing at neo and he was not at me.
Oh, well then may we say their is a "charged atmosphere" in the peach boards? jp

I didn't limit my statement to just this paerticular occurrence. It seems like all the boards have drama at some point, but Peach in particular... and I dont mean just this topic or just one person. Browse some old ones and you'll see what I mean. Almost every "regular" peach poster has been involved in drama in a thread.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*looks at the last few posts and begins to lose the will to live*

There's no escaping it is there?

It looks like things are getting a little tense with different opinions flying left right and center. Having revised my opinion slightly, I think that we are lacking in knowledge about this match up. Our problems are that no one has had enough fighting experience vs all kinds of Marths and that, due to the lack of Peach players, not many Marth players have played all kinds of Peachs
Peach has counter strategies for Marth you should try applying.

Fair outranges his fair, Peach's bair actually stops his fair and breaks through and does damage, and Peach can approach safely using glide toss (turnip clinks with marth's sword attacks and Peach can jab him out of it).

I'd put the matchup at 50-50 from my recent matches against good Marths.

Marth has a lot of advantages but Peach has a few moves that beat everything he does (glide toss into attacks and Bair and Fair) if used properly. Use RAR.
Very useful indeed. Post more stuff like this people

I mean this in a general point but you cannot simply judge the match up by looking at it. Looking at it and analyzing it is all well and good and certainly helps to come to a conclusion but coming to a conclusion without huge experience of fighting a paticular character is like looking a recipe for something and saying that's easy having never cooked anything before in your life. This goes out to everyone because I want to remain unbias in these debates. If I think someone is wrong I don't care who it is, I'll say what I think.

Everyone's entilted to their opinion as long as it's backed up. That was made clear in the rules by Edresse. So was this

-We are here to learn, not fight. We're all trying to become better Peach players, so please don't get into over heated discussions - learn and be be reasonable.
10ironys

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
just to prove that i am not a doubter of Peach's abilities. i definitely believe that the Snake match up is in Peach's favor 60-40
Woot! Another believer!

And yes, I think we should all follow Rick's reminder. Don't argue - if you can avoid it, but if you do, back up your idea's. At least.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I have control of this thread, and my decision is I'm not going to factor in any opinion's that are not backed up by arguement and evidence. If you claim Marth has a 90-10 advantage but don't give arguementative, statistical, or videographical evidence, I cannot use that substantiation in the main post when we have to decide the matchup. I'm sure you all agree that is the best way to go about it. We have to arrive at a conclusion that is accurate as possible, and it's hard to judge when reasons aren't given, no matter the players skill level or their credibility, without reasons there's nothing to go by. Right now I am leaning to 60-40 since the argumentative reasoning and the overall consensus seems to average/be right about there.

I would love to hear reasons or things that you people feel give Marth a wild 90-10 advantage. Which by the way I don't think Brawl even allows anything over a 75-25 matchup. The physics allow for too much hit trading. If the Peach and Marth both are really good at powershielding/parrying, for example, I don't see Marth being able to **** her at a 90-10 advantage ever. That's just impossible. Sure, Marth can get more hits in if he's really good, but if they are both good and can powershield each others attacks, there's no way there can be **** to such ridiculous magnitudes.

Need I remind you all the purpose of this thread is to get Peach players BETTER. Simply stating that Marth has an advantage, and using results and "I beat this guy" or "this guy beat me " does nothing to help advance her metagame. The reason I even made the matchup ratio even a point of discussion is because it leads into strategies. For example, you could say "Marth has an advantage because he does this move" And then using that evidence you explain why he has an advantage. The ONLY reason we even care about this is so someone else can bring up counter strategies to what gives him an advantage, thereby giving people more ideas and ways to make their Peach better, and we aren't doing that by just argueing over who has the advantage without giving good reasons.

I feel like I did that. I made a post explaining why I thought the matchup was even. And it definitely isn't fanboyism over my character, I feel like Snake has a 70-30 advantage on Peach, despite thinking she's even with Marth and Meta, and I feel a 60-40 disadvantage to game and watch, just to put it into context. Then I read Dark Pch's post on why it was 60-40 and he gave even better reasons, so it was convincing, as well as a few others who put Marth at a slight advantage and gave their reasons. I still haven't seen that kind of things for the camp saying Marth is at a 70+ advantage.

I find it unbelievable that Hova would be able to **** most marths he play besides like the top 2 marths in the east coast and still claim marth has a 75-25 advantage. That makes no sense. To me a 75-25 advantage means you have to be 3 times as good as the other player to win, and if you claim you can **** most marths, i highly doubt you are three times better than all these marths. Maybe twice as good, maybe a good deal good, but I find it inconsistent to **** so many Marths, hova, and still feel Marth has an overwhelming advantage. Peach IC's in Melee is a 75-25 , 80-20 matchup. IC Climbers can never say they **** every peach they play. They always say they lose to every peach, and people can just pick Peach and downsmash a bunch and beat an IC at the same skill level. The IC player has to play like three times as good to beat the peach. That's something like an 80-20 matchup. I do not see the Marth matchup being the same unless someone can explain why or explain why our strategies for beating Marth don't hold weight.

Top Bottom