• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Olimar is not that bad. I also beat Zori in bracket at WHOBO 3. The matchup is definitely in Peach's favor, but Olimar can give her the business if she isn't careful. I play this matchup frequently so I can help you out later sometime KB. <3
Yes please do. The only Olimar experience I had was against Hilt, and he doesn't play anymore.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Well idk about that. There is a reason I've beaten Trela, Espy, Infinity and the rest of A tier. It is because I've gotten better. Have you gotten better since the last time we fought that MM 3-4 months ago where we went 1-1?
o

L

We'll have to see.

:)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol yeah I did :D I knew I would be fighting you and Yoshiken, so I wanted to get some combos down on Yoshi. It totes helped a lot :) I also watched some old videos of us too

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I don't mind olimars... they are stupid but it's winnable. i took Nicoles advice on grabbing him and it's done absolutely crazy wonders for me.

Lucario, praxis gave amazing advice and since then that has helped me as well.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i just wanna land a dair but if they hit my shield then jab, dash atk, nair.

i just keep it simple vs oli, he's dumb. but yeah he gets you baaaaad for bein' greedy but if you get him in the air then it's gravy.

Nicole

Smash Champion
well i had a pretty good time at cot5. sadly, i am ******** and cant counterpick.

idk what place i got, i think 17 or POSSIBLY 13 if i was lucky haha. i played pretty well though, i took a game from nairo's mk even though i ended up ultimately losing to him. i dont have a CP against mk if they ban fd/smashville. i cant win on other stages anymore. i cp'd battlefield but nairo seems to like that stage...idk i know you guys like ps1 but i really don't. i think i'll try to learn it anyway tho. i hate losing because of the stage when i know i can beat mk on stages with fewer platforms. i guess that sounds kinda ******** because its like...of course i can win on my CPs. but its not like those stages are bad for mk. i just feel more comfortable on them.

my worst loss was definitely to toronto joe, however, that guy is fkn ****. i thought he was some random mk and he was a really really smart player. he beat shugo as well, got top 10 out of 90. still, if he hadn't taken me by surprise the first match I think I should have beaten him. i gave up too early after i got looped at like 70 and died. i beat him the 2nd game on FD but then he got to go to frigate. honestly i would rather play mk on brinstar than frigate. frigate just limits my options entirley and it sucks a whole lot. i take so much unnecessary damage because of the stage there. if i didnt have to ban rainbow i would definitely ban frigate.

i beat lain's mk at least in pools, tho i dont know how hard he was trying. that was recorded and should be up. i know i can take out these mks tho...i just need to learn a good stage. its amazing how much difference the stage makes for mk, at least for me.

edit: actually got 25th, thought i had a bye in losers FAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKK. oh well lol.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305956

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
well i had a pretty good time at cot5. sadly, i am ******** and cant counterpick.

idk what place i got, i think 17 or POSSIBLY 13 if i was lucky haha. i played pretty well though, i took a game from nairo's mk even though i ended up ultimately losing to him. i dont have a CP against mk if they ban fd/smashville. i cant win on other stages anymore. i cp'd battlefield but nairo seems to like that stage...idk i know you guys like ps1 but i really don't. i think i'll try to learn it anyway tho. i hate losing because of the stage when i know i can beat mk on stages with fewer platforms. i guess that sounds kinda ******** because its like...of course i can win on my CPs. but its not like those stages are bad for mk. i just feel more comfortable on them.

my worst loss was definitely to toronto joe, however, that guy is fkn ****. i thought he was some random mk and he was a really really smart player. he beat shugo as well, got top 10 out of 90. still, if he hadn't taken me by surprise the first match I think I should have beaten him. i gave up too early after i got looped at like 70 and died. i beat him the 2nd game on FD but then he got to go to frigate. honestly i would rather play mk on brinstar than frigate. frigate just limits my options entirley and it sucks a whole lot. i take so much unnecessary damage because of the stage there. if i didnt have to ban rainbow i would definitely ban frigate.

i beat lain's mk at least in pools, tho i dont know how hard he was trying. that was recorded and should be up. i know i can take out these mks tho...i just need to learn a good stage. its amazing how much difference the stage makes for mk, at least for me.
good job, nicole!! we're close to taking out this pesky problem once and for all!! **** :metaknight:

Toronto Joe is really good!!! I was impressed with his MK, but I only played it online. I definitely want to rechallenge him since our matches were really close. Keep it up sexy!! Wish you were going to Genesis 2 though!! :o

Zwarm

Smash Hero
17th out of 26 entrants at Don't Blink, Don't Care 3. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305943

Didn't make it out of pools. Choked so hard it's hard to believe. I started out beating a new player, who played Marth. He was pretty good, but had some habits I was punishing him for. Played Ook next. Game 1 was really close, last hit. Game 2, I suicided early on my second stock, and it completely threw me off, so I got 2 stocked game 2. I could've beat Arty after taking game 1 from his MK, but managed to kill myself too many times to count in games 2 and 3 against his Falco and G&W, respectively. Then lost to a new random Falco who was trained by one of our past PR'd players (though we didn't know that while making pools), so he was very good. I got camped to hell and back, and every time I finally got in, spot dodge or jabs beat me. So I went ROB game 2, did better, but still lost. Finally, I lost to Meneil 0-2, I still have trouble with Ike's. Might've suicided in that set too, not really sure, I was already really upset at that point.

I'm very frustrated with how I did. I think I put way too much pressure on myself to make it out of pools, because I've never actually made it out. The videos will probably be online soon, though the only match I'm really happy with is my first game against Ook. It was all downhill for me after that.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Every one of us better be at Apex, no excuses. We're going to attack the bracket with the largest swarm of warmed up top Peach players the community will ever see! All will fall before us; MKs, Snakes, Falcos, everyone. Now who's with me!? *raises sword*

z00ted

Every one of us better be at Apex, no excuses. We're going to attack the bracket with the largest swarm of warmed up top Peach players the community will ever see! All will fall before us; MKs, Snakes, Falcos, everyone. Now who's with me!? *raises sword*
I'm definitely going to Apex.

I'm really proud of you Dark Pch., you finally somewhat got out of a slump and proved to some people that you still have it. Plus, you seem happy about your performance and you're actually looking on the bright side of things in the future, keep it up.

Good job on beating Lain in pools, Nicole. Nairo is such an aggressive player, I love practicing against him on wifi. For Metaknight I tend to take them to Pokemon Stadium One, Smashville, or Battlefield (I will never take them to FD). I know Nairo loves Ps1, so it wouldn't be smart to take him there - but just think about those stages next time you counterpick him.

Don't sweat your placement Zwarm, you just have to get over your nerves (everyone has been there at one point).

Anyways:

Sync's Sex Saloon 6
Houston, Texas
6/25/11
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305974

4th/13

1: UltimateRazer-:snake:
2: Gnes-:diddy:
3: Trela-:lucario:
4: Illmatic-:peach:
5: Sync-:metaknight:
5: Denti-:olimar:

It seems as though fourth is just my placement in Texas. Fourth on the PR, fourth or basically fifth in all tournaments I attend. I usually am just Trela's shadow, and honestly there is nothing I can consistently do to change this fact. Jerm used to be my rival, and now that it seems as though I've passed him up I have Trela to deal with. I'm not sure if I can ever get past the obstacle. I've been pushing this game pretty far, and I'm still maining :peach:, of course. I took into mind what all higher leveled players were telling me, and really just don't have as much fun with this game unless it's the character that basically breaks a ton of core fundamentals in it. If I'm not having fun playing the game, then why play it? That's why I'm sticking with her. My :diddy: is getting pretty good (I even got a couple of compliments from Gnes about it), but I love playing as :peach: and I just feel like I've come this far, put in all of this work, I can't stop now. Plus, I don't want to let you guys down.

In tournament I lost to Trela in both Winner's and Loser's. I honestly think that Lucario counters Peach at higher levels. It all boils down to the damage outpout and the reliability of the kill. If you put two and two together and compare the two characters you can basically reveal that,

Lucario has:

1) Aura
2) Good Killing Options (practically all of his kill moves will KO Peach at 140%)
3) A Floaty Stature (harder to string/combo)
4) A Projectile
5) Aerial Combos
6) Insane Range
7) Decent Weight
8) Amazing Momentum Cancelling Moves

Peach has:

1) Combos/String (which will just deal damage on Lucario so he can combo back)
2) A Light Weight
3) No "Guaranteed" Kill Moves
4) Great OoS Options
5) A Projectile (can be caught)
6) A Predictable Horizontal Recovery
7) Poor Range (against Lucario)

I mean, I beat Trela like once out of the seven games we played in total. Some were close, others not so much - but at least Trela said I was improving, changing, and adapting. Which really meant a lot since he's always saying my playstyle is wayyy too redundant. I don't know, maybe I'll get him soon.

I would much rather playing Razer or Gnes then go up against Trela at the moment. Razer I'm actually getting extremely close (hopefully Xyro will upload some videos), and I know Gnes will probably destroy me but I feel as though I just have a better shot against him when compared to Trela. Honestly, I just need tips/critique I guess, but I doubt it will help much. I will have my videos up from the tournament, so please please please please help me out.

In other news: Sync's Metaknight is getting extremely good (he lives with Gnes). He beat Denti (a top Olimar in our state and nationally imo) and then played me and lost. It was an extremely good set though, and I feel as though I play really well versus Metaknights (King Beef knows this lol), so hopefully the videos will be up. I also had an amazing set versus Infinity's Metaknight saved, but the files crashed (as usual). So hopefully some of that stuff can help you out Nicole.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im still in the slump. After I lost to chibo game 2 and had that mean lead, I lost the will to play. So lost game three to him. I choked as usual. Had june bug next and he got an easy win. I don't think I should have made it out of pools after losing to chibo. I just gave up and had no will to play.

I'll be out my slump when I can got choking in matches.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Good job, Dark Pch. Tied with Nicole. I look forward to see what you do at Genesis 2.

You can do it, Illmatic! Lucario is annoying but we will crack that matchup soon! <3

Work on those nerves, Zwarm. You got this.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Talk to Praxis Illmatic, he seems to know his stuff against Lucario.

Just that small tweak could change it to a win. I've seen most of the matches you guys have was last stock last hit and he always pulled it out. Find that edge

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Im still in the slump. After I lost to chibo game 2 and had that mean lead, I lost the will to play. So lost game three to him. I choked as usual. Had june bug next and he got an easy win. I don't think I should have made it out of pools after losing to chibo. I just gave up and had no will to play.

people like you make me sick.

and btw illmatic "Jerm used to be my rival, and now that it seems as though I've passed him up I have Trela to deal with."

I'm assuming this is when i am not in attendance?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
By no means does Lucario counter Peach but he's definitely a very tricky match up to get down. Give me a shout if you need any advice on anything Marthmatic, I know the Lucario MU somewhat

Or ask Praxis but make sure you bring some sort of offering, he's pretentious like that

<3 you Praxis

z00ted

I really think he does.

It all boils down to whoever has the lead after the second stock (if you don't get the first kill you already lost).

It's practically impossible to kill him at top level when he's playing extremely safe, outranges you in almost everything, and all of his moves kill (even grab).

Like to kill Lucario, you have to get a good *** read.

Then if you die, be prepared to eat a good 55% from a aura combo.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Nice everyone! :)

I can totally understand what you mean. That's why I have changed my mindset.

Never EVER try to play good. Never try to prove ANYTHING. Just do your best, and the rest will come. It makes focusing on the match MUCH easier, it enables you to improve rapidly. You will also be more sportive about your losses, since 'you have tried your best anyway, so you'll do even better next time'.

But never try to play good. NEVER.

And I like your Peach in Project M xd. Cant wait to play her myself!

:052:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think you are right on that one. In friendlies I was playing amazing. I have never in my life played the way I did there. I think I played better then I did at SNES. Hell, I even three stocked Nakat. I was just playing and bugging out. Played boss as well and was getting at him. Im a different person when something is on the line.

People have told me the same thing you have. But I just can't seem to do that. Though I noticed something. I can only play well when a group of cool people I know are watching my matches. Some reason that fored me to play well. If I am usually alone or being rooted against I can't play well. Felt like a ******* episode of yugioh.

Yugi Gives up on one of his matches and his friends (hell even his greatest rival kaiba) Bakcs him and shows support. Then Yugi goes on hack mode. I think I am gonna form some group at tournaments I go to from now on or get a coach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Man, Im not all bad.
Hmm. Ok, Guess I'll squash the beef I had with you then.

You can never say anuone outplayed you dp.

it's always you messed up never "**** they beat me fair and square"
Then you honestly don't know me too well. Last tourny atomsk Beat me. I said nothing of it. Same with the dabuz in losers. Took the loses and dipped back to playing friendlies.

Also, I told a few people that they are the better man and player for beating me if I get nervous or choke. They don't and took advantage of that like a smart player. They kept their head in the game. So I did not deserve to win. I Beat PatG in bracket and you know what I told him? "I think you sandbagged on me and I should have not won that set" I think he is a better player than me. And with the mindset I had after pools, I don't think I should have gotten thirds seed or even beat PatG. Felt like luck. He told me so many times he did not and that I out played him. I still don't believe that.

So Do me a favor. Before you start dishing out crap around here to try and show off then have a group of idiots join in to be one with the crowd, get your facts straight. And keep me out of your mouth. And this is actually me posting calmly to you. I really don't have a problem with you. Don't make me start too.

I agree with this. All of your videos are great and I am a lot better from watching what you do in them. :)
Thanks.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I really think he does.

It all boils down to whoever has the lead after the second stock (if you don't get the first kill you already lost).

It's practically impossible to kill him at top level when he's playing extremely safe, outranges you in almost everything, and all of his moves kill (even grab).

Like to kill Lucario, you have to get a good *** read.

Then if you die, be prepared to eat a good 55% from a aura combo.
No, you're approaching the matchup wrong. The character is built to not be usmashed by Peach. Landing an usmash means approaching his strongest positions. My best friend maining Lucario is the reason I'm so mediocre at landing usmashes, cause I don't try for them unless my read is stupidly hard because I'm used to Lucario and apply that to the whole cast by reflex.

You're going to be beating Lucario to 160% and killing him with a move you specifically kept fresh. Probably fair, which is surprisingly easy to hit him with. You can punish baited usmashes and fairs with it if you learn the spacing.

Lucario, for all his BLARGHUMONGOUS hitboxes, is surprisingly slow and has little vulnerable holes. Peach's second jump is one of the most fabulous tools in the game with him. You can bait a fsmash, hop out of it and fair his head. You can bait fairs, and jump away and bair/fair through it. Spacing Lucario is allllll about Peach's second jump. Don't be Illmatic and waste it every time you float. :awesome:

Against Lucario, if this MU is played right, both players should live to really high percentages on the first stock. First player to take a stock will probably win. Lucario won't be able to kill on respawn and Peach will build up her lead. And Peach won't be able to force a kill on Lucario after respawning and will just camp and build a lead.

Top Bottom