• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm getting s little sick of M2K coming to even our small locals now. He routinely wins them and it screws me out of stockpiling my winnings as extra cash outside of my bank account for extra spending... -.-
Or you could just.... be better and win with all that practice you say you get mister....... with Diddy..

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Or you could just.... be better and win with all that practice you say you get mister....... with Diddy..
Don't patronize me.

And um...what's been your problem lately, Kyon? I get the feeling that you've been on my case for a little while now about something. What gives?

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
eh i was going to go to a tourney but didn't feel like, not that it matters since i do jack **** for peach's placings, but hopefully peachkid will enter singles again in the tourney.....

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I forgot to tell...

Leon, the most underestimated Peach EVER, has got first in that same tourney, losing no sets. Yes, he is truly amazing.

inb4europesucks.

Don't patronize me.

And um...what's been your problem lately, Kyon? I get the feeling that you've been on my case for a little while now about something. What gives?
Almost sure it is going to cause drama but oh well...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10153741#post10153741
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10154322#post10154322

:052:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So? I don't really get why that would grind someone's gears, if that is the case. =/

I'll say it right now, I'm a cocky player, I'm a cocky person given certain motivation. I know it's something that can frustrate some people but I've decided to just embrace it because it's part of who I am. If people want to complain about it and attempt to get me to conform to false humility just for the sake of appeasing others, then too bad for them.

Does that mean I'm a bad person? Hell no. :laugh:

Aaanyway...just went to a small local today and M2K came with Lain.
I got to winners quarters and faced Lain's DDD. We both played very patiently, he took the set 2-1 all in close last hit matches (which I forgot to record... >.<; ).

Then he lost to M2K in his next set and he and I played again in losers finals. He used his DDD again and we fought on smashville where he took the first game. Then I counterpicked Battlefield and he chose his Ice Climbers, and I two stocked him in that match (no one in their right mind should ever go ICs on me RAWRAGHGHRR >;D), then we played the rest of the set on Smashville for the hell of it and he won two more close matches and took the set 3-1. Needless to say, I left another great impression of how tough I can be in another great player's mind. I got 3rd and made a small profit, which is also good. Was a good day overall. :3

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Congratz King Beef, you keep on getting better and better :D. It's great that we have so much Peach to rep the midwest :).

Was this with Diddy or Peach?

Xyless

Smash Master
Wait WHAT

Lain and M2K wound up going to the OH tourney? If I had known that, I might've gone. I thought they were planning on going to the NJ tourney.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Congratz King Beef, you keep on getting better and better :D. It's great that we have so much Peach to rep the midwest :).

Was this with Diddy or Peach?
I went all Peach. :3

Only used Diddy in friendlies and a couple of MMs since he's still in development.

Wait WHAT

Lain and M2K wound up going to the OH tourney? If I had known that, I might've gone. I thought they were planning on going to the NJ tourney.
Yeah they kind of let everybody know at the last minute...

gantrain05

Smash Master
if ohio wasn't so **** far away iowa would probably show up to those lol, GJ with those matches with Lain btw, he's allright i guess lol. i've never got to play him in tourney, just friendlies while he was very drunk lmao.

Xyless

Smash Master
JLo, please tell me that Iowa hasn't shut out going to IL ever since that one terrible tourney. We miss you guys and that was, like, the worst tourney in IL to date. :\

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just got home from the tourny. I failed at this one. And it is the same problem as before.

There is seriously nothing else I need to learn and figure out when it comes to this game. I'm like already at the level I should be when it comes to this game. And I would dare say (idk who wants to start something with me) I might just be the best Peach OR back to like top 1-3 with her in the USA. But my darn problem is me ****ing being aggressive and stupid FOR NO FREAKING REASON AT ALL. And I am sick of it. And I also lost MM this way too when I was doing freaking great and out of random decided to just rush and play stupid.

I am not pissed about who I lose too. I am pissed at my darn self. Ubtil the day I get off this BS, I am never gonna achive that level with Peach and I will never advance. Cause in this region as hard as it is, If I got off this BS, I could hit like top. Or better.

It's too a point I am getting sick of this. This is the final step for me to truely being a beastAnd this damm road block just wont go down at all. So as long as it is there, there is nothing at all I can do at tournies. And I have no clue at all how to get rid of this ****. I'm out of ideas.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If there was nothing you had left to learn in this game then you'd not only be the best peach player but the best player in the world (let alone having these "issues").

Over aggressiveness is usually a result of the player desperately trying to get a combo or two in before losing their stock to gain a hefty lead. Instead, focus on camping and crushing their momentum and mindset as much as possible before losing the stock, that way you have the momentum and correct mindset.

Not being mean, just tired of hearing redundant excuses when it's either a simple problem or people in your region are just getting better at the game at a faster rate than you are.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If there was nothing you had left to learn in this game then you'd not only be the best peach player but the best player in the world (let alone having these "issues").

Over aggressiveness is usually a result of the player desperately trying to get a combo or two in before losing their stock to gain a hefty lead. Instead, focus on camping and crushing their momentum and mindset as much as possible before losing the stock, that way you have the momentum and correct mindset.

Not being mean, just tired of hearing redundant excuses when it's either a simple problem or people in your region are just getting better at the game at a faster rate than you are.
How I know the next post would be you and how I know you post something about me that you once again know nothing off. Mind your own and stop spitting nonsense you know nothing about.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Good job using a general blanket statement that has no meaning instead of addressing the points in my post directly like most people would do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am sick and tired of you. You always talking **** you know nothing about. Always. really with me. You dopn't see me play, you dont know how I play, you dont know who I play and you don't know the many top people that watch me play and say the sdame thing I do. and actually see,experience it.

So mind your damm biss already and shut up when it comes to me.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I am sick and tired of you. You always talking **** you know nothing about. Always. really with me. You dopn't see me play, you dont know how I play, you dont know who I play and you don't know the many top people that watch me play and say the sdame thing I do. and actually see,experience it.

So mind your damm biss already and shut up when it comes to me.
It's not talking ****, I'm simply giving possible explanations for your problems. For instance you say you "randomly" go aggressive for "no reason". Everything has a reason behind it, if you had no motivation or reward for going aggressive then to put it simply, you wouldn't go aggressive. You may be excited from having the lead which could make you go aggressive or you could be getting greedy for the %. It's not **** talking or claiming I know the answer, I'm giving a hypothesis based on common human motives.

You're simply repeating the same statements you use towards everyone who says something you may not necessarily want to hear because you consider yourself so much superior to them in every way that your pride stops you from taking advice or even acting logically. I haven't trolled or attacked or "**** talked", I simply stated possible reasons for why you haven't been placing as well as you'd like to.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't like you, at all. I hope to god I dont run into you at apex. I dont even wanna see your face or be near you. Don't even say hi or any of that. And this is the last time I am gonna tell you this, your lil theroy is off. I have talked to to players. I even been traying with NinjaLink and he says the same thing. They all notice it. Even when I am losing and still brining the hurt to catch up, same ****. There is nothing else I can do anymore.

You seriously hear thinking I dont see people getting better. And also might be thinking I havent. And for that, this is why I tell you to miund your own. I would not care much for losing if I played on point. But I don't i play like some typical *** Peach for no reason. out of random. People have giving me ideas as to ways to deal with this and stay 100% synchro. And so far nothing has worked. The problem is not this game, match ups or players. the problem is me. I know myself better than anyone.

So buzz off and stop talking about anything dealing with me like you actually know something. When you live in this region and see how I play and who I play, then open your mouth.

CO18

Smash Hero
No not regional pride just being a top player and realizing how hard as **** in comparison to even other top players i play even with my char adv, its not like I said this before but I just think he is now, just like one time when i started thinking nickriddle was best zss and esam was best pika and i was right.

Im not that biased just I can tell when someone is at a really good point lol, Im not saying he DEFINITELY is but I do think he most likely is now, not like im trying to offend anyone

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I understand, and I'm proud of him for leaving that kind of impression on a top player. He really is legit. :3

Lain would speak the same of me after our Peach/DDD matches today. Are you sure it's his advantage in that matchup and not even? It's too fun and not too difficult to seem like his advantage imo.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah I understand, and I'm proud of him for leaving that kind of impression on a top player. He really is legit. :3

Lain would speak the same of me after our Peach/DDD matches today. Are you sure it's his advantage in that matchup and not even? It's too fun and not too difficult to seem like his advantage imo.
You could be right its def close to even but I just think ddd living way longer if hes safe though he gets comboed easily and then his advantage with cps puts it in his favor

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You could be right its def close to even but I just think ddd living way longer if hes safe though he gets comboed easily and then his advantage with cps puts it in his favor
Ah yeah that makes sense, considering he generally lived up to the 150-180 range per stock. That bair is definitely a pain to deal with too if we're not careful.

Oh and I wanted to ask you: want to MM at Columbus? What better way to see how much I know the MU then to play the best person for it right? :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach vs DDD is even. She can camp better than he can with projectiles. And if she well, DDD can't do anything. And he can get pressured hard. dude to the fact that he lives long is what brings it down to even.

And I was not offended. I can't do anything anymore. I not gonna enter singles anymore till I get rid of this stupid problem. if it never goes away then I am out fo the game. Just gonna like play friendlies. I hav the mind of a top player andknow my character. but that is no good if you can't executed.

Cook

Smash Master
Nicole is way better. She's much more of a threat to Lain. He only beat her by getting a ledgehog st 140% while as at like 70%. I'd put money on her being the best Peach, except maybe Kyon, Mikey Lenetia, or Praxis. Or Kos-Mos if he played.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Leon > All of you. Stupid Americans, you just wait till I get better, come to USA and pull an Armada. :mad: But yeah, Leon > you.

Djudjo is also good btw.

@ Dark.Pch; FOCUS! You don't focus enough! Trust me, that's your weak point.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
LOL

I love how everyone's stepping it up. Already we're having half a dozen names being thrown out as "the best Peach", when this time last year "the best" were quitting and retiring. Everyone's inching toward that mantle. Sneaky sneaky.

Be watching me too. ;)

Anyway, here's an interesting result. This is Dark's tourney.

1: Anti ($215.00) split :metaknight::peach:
The hell?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm definitely one of the Top 5 best Peaches! ;-) And I plan to make this known to everyone in the near future. <3

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Brawl: Finals Brawlfest Tourney (Orlando/Oviedo, FL) 5-1-10 (Results 1st Post)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273124

Singles
1: co18 ($30.00) :dedede: :snake:
2: hrnut ($20.00) :snake: :metaknight: :falco:
3: gdx ($10.00) :diddy:
4: mk18 :wario: :metaknight:
5: kyon :peach:
5: fearless :olimar:
7: raz :pikachu: :metaknight:
7: exdeath :metaknight:
9: strawhat :wario: :lucas:
9: hiroi :peach:
9: trott :falco:
13: sensei :mario:

I honestly could care less who the best Peach player is. I can already see why having no Peach P.R was a good idea from the start. Best this best that, i see Peach players as a commuity and a family to me. Nothing more.

@KB I dont like cocky but I havent said anything bothersome yet. Just say whatever you want. In the end im still going to play Peach and do my best to always get better. Regardless of what character im up against because i feel my character CAN get the job done. That is all

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@KB I dont like cocky but I havent said anything bothersome yet. Just say whatever you want. In the end im still going to play Peach and do my best to always get better. Regardless of what character im up against because i feel my character CAN get the job done. That is all
I know you mean well Kyon but that entire portion, especially the underlined part of it, doesn't look very reassuring.

For some reason I still get the feeling that you think of me as "man wtf is wrong with this guy? Going after these other characters as counterpick options instead of working through it with his character and still having the nerve to claim 'best Peach' of any degree..."

If that's not the case, excellent; but if it is...well what can I say? I finally hit a point where I just said "**** it" after getting beaten by a player of equal or slightly greater skill who uses a better character for the last time. I decided to go back to my old Melee mindset of "use-what-works", no shame in that. I've honestly tried the whole character pride thing for the past two years in this game, and while I got pretty far with it, it's also instinctive for me to try and better myself with whatever it is I choose to spend my time on, including this game. So there you have it...I express no hostility, no arrogance (only an act for those of you who haven't picked up on it yet...), and no indifference toward you guys. This is still my main hangout on the boards aside from my Midwest boards, and I'll never really leave this character (She's still my go-to character whom I use at tournies about 80-100% of the time).

For any of you who were bugged by my sig, take it up with Y.b.M. since he's the one who made/designed it. All the God Kais sigs have "best ____ in the Midwest" and he never would have made it or invited me to the group if he didn't believe it. Just know that what my sig says doesn't reflect my personal mentality. I honestly believe that Nicole, Mikey, and I are all the "best Peaches" of our region, since we all do great work to represent our character.

Now then, no more games, no more bull****. I'll just ignore anyone who decides to scoff at me for unknown reasons. I was never one for drama and I'm still not. You all know who you are.

hiROI

Smash Lord
This was a pretty bad tournament from me, but its fine. I had to go against HRNUT first round and lost 2-0, nothing new. And then I had to go against a MK which i haven't lost to in tourney, and it went third game, and I just lost. But I'm fine, my mistake. But, this tournament was just aggravating :/ I know that Kyon is like levels above me in skill and everything, but every single time I played a friendly, or did friendlies for doubles, someone would always say 'Your Peach is good, just Kyon's spacing and Peach is ********' or 'I need you to be my Kyon and follow up my grabs (for doubles)". I'm really happy for the attention he's getting, just being compared to him at the tournament numerous of times kinda demotivated me and instead of me playing my tournament matches, Kyon should play them instead.

/rant.

I'll do better at the next tournament, and I just need to find a new style.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Dont worry youself I dont have anything to say. Probably never did. Just like I said when Dark went Mk for a few seconds. Do what you got to do. And no i dont feel that way. I like when people say im good. But I dont like when they say it you come and want to prove your better. But its your personality so like i said before. Im going to keep playing and do what I do.

And hiROI im so sorry... =(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh I only defended myself against Mav before because he seemed to forget the time he played me before he moved down to Florida and didn't acknowledge that I have gotten better in that time frame of like 5 months. It had nothing to do with me comparing myself to you, was just trying to enlighten him to the former lol.

But I should get back on topic for this thread.

Fromundaman Presents: Tournament Hard
5/1/10
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273621

1st: M2K (Split) $67.50 :metaknight:
1st: Lain (Split) $67.50 :dedede: :popo:
3rd: King Beef $15 :peach:
4th: Suyon :pit: :metaknight:
5th: Apple :lucas:
5th: Alus :lucario:
7th: Yami :ness2:
7th: Links24 :ike:
9th: Fromundaman :kirby2:
9th: Wisdom

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch; FOCUS! You don't focus enough! Trust me, that's your weak point.

I doubt that is it. My friend pierce was watchingme play yesterday. And we had some matches. This dude was like I was on some sick *** ****. And that my turnip game was insane. I was just going while on people. Then out of any random moment. Just pick any moment within 8 mines........I play like if I just started learning Peach. Doing the same typical things over and over.

I do not know why the heck I do that but it is pissing me off. I can't beat no one with this ****. And people get easy wins off me. And it has been like this ever since I came back from my 2 month retirement. Summer of last year I had thois problem as well but not so much. Inui tourny last year I hacked it Nearly beating both him and atomsk. And I was on point so I did not care for losing to them I did my thing so I was happy. And the SNES regional, I hacked that **** too. Losing to m2k and reflex who I could have beaten. But I was not ticked about losing to him nether Cause one again, I did my thing. Then my last tourny in october of 09 I got 7 beating good players and ones ranked once again. Then had to retire I left a legend. Then come back as a joke. And t's seriously freaking annoying.

Maybe I am gettting too old. Or some dumb mental condition that I can't deal with. Seems like I am never gonna get my title back as Best in the EC and 1-3 best in the country. I'm washed up. Gotta let others have it now. What I am happy about though is I did hit that leave and got those titles. So can say mission was complete.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Aww don't say you're washed up. Maybe you're just out of practice a bit? Try to find the predictable things that you do, and work on them and find an alternative way to become victorious.

Top Bottom