• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Dao's Farewell Tourney 2/14/2010

9th/25-30ish

dunno for sure yet, results aren't up and i'll edit 'em in as soon as they r but here's my day i guess.

Defeated Bye (hurray for seeding)

Defeated Fox16 (hurray for 70/30 match-up vs wario)

Lost to Tyrant (hurray for a shot at this. round 1 he 2 stocked me on bf w/ falco, round 2 i go back to bf and beat him at last stock mid-ish percent, round 3 he goes mk and i get him last stock 30-ish. my 2nd stock got destrooooyed. just strung up and combo'd)

Defeated DarkLordTurd (hurray for Snake that didn't camp me that well)

Defeated ItsWillyo (hurray for getting revenge on my friend's diddy that blew up a bomb in my face w/ a peanut during a regional tourney match. round 1 was kinda close on BF. round 2 I was at last stock 230ish on FD and found a way to kill him at 150. there's vids but the sd got stuck in the disk drive so gonna be a while XD )

Lost to Dao (hurray for getting to play the man whose leaving us to go to Texas. Round 1 I got 2-stocked on SV, then I won a close one round 2 on BF. Round 3 I got him to last stock 50 percent on FD. He's just clearly had more mix-ups left in him by then and his last stock started with me at 150 lol. This set kinda showed me that I gotta try to be far more creative when the same scenarios come up repeated.)

yeeeep.

not a bad tourney for me. I know for sure I'm improving a lot and playing well. I'll try to get some ranked wins soon! xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
9th of 28 (Test Your Might VIII) 2/13/10
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265252

Not one of my stronger performances as of late, but I still keep raising eyebrows and did better vs players who used to give me trouble like YBM's Kirby (2 stocked him first game, but SD'd third game T.T). I'll just come back and do work next week or something and clinch top 5 where I belong. :3

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Way too many people are losing vs Diddy wtf is going on. He really hasn't got anything over Peach.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Diddy - Peach is a strange match-up and is mostly learned by experience, thus many Peaches lose. I'm not very solid in the Diddy match-up myself but I'm starting to learn it. It's mostly that many (probably) underestimate the match-up and just go in the air 24/7, expecting to win and so, they will not have the ideal playstyle versus Diddy. I can assure that it's not that easy, just because we have the advantage doesn't mean it's that easy.

:053:

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Half of the matches I play are with items on... And it has been that way since smash 64 xD I'm really comfortable with items and diddy is a mediocre character who has good items.. that I steal :D I think if people practiced against anyone (not diddy specifically) with bananas set to medium, they'd get the hang of item play and what they can do with banana trip openings. This also means the person you're playing against actively gives you experience dealing with another character that is using bananas... It's a good way of learning how to bend your playstyle to include offensive and defensive item play if you don't have a diddy to fight against :p (Sure, the defensive aspect will be different, but offensive remains virtually the same. Diddy sucks without bananas :D)

Edit:
And I LOOOOOVE the whole argument about how Diddy is the only character in brawl that has true combos. Anyone that has a banana (that is, anyone fighting diddy) has true combos. Thanks for pulling my items for me honeybun <3

Nicole

Smash Champion
Well, following the trend of mediocre/**** results, here are mine from this weekend.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740&page=1213
9th out of 34, Joker's Monthly.

I lost to Razor (DDD) and Joker (Snake). Didn't beat anyone notable. As you may notice from the fatass characters I lost to, I was playing stupid and not patient at all. I'm very disappointed, not in my placing as much as my general poor play. I haven't played this badly in awhile, and I was lucky to place as high as I did. I played one good match against Joker and I did well in my MM with Clel, and that's about where my good playing ended. But VG bootcamp is next weekend, so I will learn from my terrible playing this weekend and be much more patient, so hopefully I'll be able to rep Peach as well as she deserves next weekend...ugh.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8816

correction...

9th of 35th at Dao's Farewell Tourney, 2/13/10

We'll all **** next tourney I guess.

As for me I can def play well vs our ranked players and I definitely know my match-ups. I just need to get more creative and be more bold in my play and in my reads. I think that's where I'm improving in but it's also where I'm most lacking. SoCal's so good though but I try haha.

Very Very Very Important VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

also methinks I learned of a **** trick vs metaknight during my set vs Tyrant.

I'm pretty sure dtilt can negate nado as reliably as ftilt can which is huge b/c the one round he used MK vs me here's what I did.

When he's at kill percent and approached with nado I'd just dtilt it. What it did was negate the nado so he ended up buffering drill rush. Since it was on battlefield he'd land on a platform and I usmash killed him twice this way.

Someone test dtilt vs nado because the only two times I tried it, I killed him at like 90 haha. This cud be huge.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
^ wouldn't they have to do a grounded tornado for dtilt to hit? Also lol at buffering drill rush, I laugh everytime I c that.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Play a great/top snake and you'll see just how much that difference in kill percentage factors in. It's not easy to get a kill on him whatsoever.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Yeah, the more I play against Snake the more I feel that matchup is incredibly difficult. I actually like playing against Snake though, but it's pretty **** hard to win, considering that you can't ever let him have the stock lead unless he's at 200-something% and you can kill him right away. Timing Snake out is easily the best strategy, but even that is easier said than done, considering how annoying 'nades are to avoid in the right hands.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
u just don't try to kill snake. he's hard but like...idk not rly. just don't get hit and eventually he'll die.

at like 230 but still, he'll die yo.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
9th of 29 at 2GG Presents: Champ's Biweekly 2/27/2010

i'm too tired to write up about the tourney.

i'll do it later.

i was kinda just coasting through this tourney, just not giving a **** but I still gave it my all though.

just a little bummed coz I easily could've gotten 5th and I cud've had 7th but round 3 vs my friend Will i got spiked at 20 percent first stock into an edgehog from his diddy. I could've easily knocked him off the ledge but it just...didn't. -sigh- it was last hit too so I know I was playing well enough to win convincingly.

oooooooooooooh well, the important tourney is our large monthly next week anyway.

for not giving too much a **** I think I kinda got a little better.

Just kinda, struggling as to what I can do to improve my game with Peach. I almost kinda just wanna main another character now tbh but **** it, peach is still the most fun for me.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I won a tournament earlier tonight! w00t w00t 1st place *****es!!

There was a tournament hosted at the University of Arizona and like 24 people showed up. I was the only power ranked player who attended and no one even knew who I was lol. This is my first time getting first! w00t! Hopefully the results will be posted so I can give you guys a link to see.

This was pretty much a warm-up tournament for the next tourney that is going to be held in my hometown next Saturday. I plan on putting a lot of effort into placing well with Peach! I feel reinvigorated as a Peach player. People were really impressed with my combos and some people even said they were inspired. I was also told I made the tournament much more fun for them lol.

I feel so good. ^_^

At KB: I've also decided to dabble with Diddy and I really enjoy him. He's pretty beast. You also kinda look like a monkey lol

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You also kinda look like a monkey lol
rofl

Congrats Kyle! :D

Also, Dark, now that's it's March, are you going to back-up the tournament data and start over for this new season? The current OP is getting pretty outdated.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Yeah, the more I play against Snake the more I feel that matchup is incredibly difficult. I actually like playing against Snake though, but it's pretty **** hard to win, considering that you can't ever let him have the stock lead unless he's at 200-something% and you can kill him right away. Timing Snake out is easily the best strategy, but even that is easier said than done, considering how annoying 'nades are to avoid in the right hands.
completely agree! snake sucks, but its really fun to fight good snakes. but timing him out? i heard u almost timed out joker!

Nicole

Smash Champion
completely agree! snake sucks, but its really fun to fight good snakes. but timing him out? i heard u almost timed out joker!
yeah, i didnt kill him until 245% 2nd stock either. i really don't know how to kill snake very well, plus i like timing people out more than i probably should...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
the whole timing snake out is just accidental b/c he's hard to approach and he's heavy.

if snake's don't want to be timed out then they shud have less broken hitboxes and that just isn't possible lol.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
People cant say **** about being timed out if they also say Peach can't kill. If you stick to your guns, safely damaging and waiting for the opportunity to kill, fighting another campy player is naturally going to run the timer. I (almost) did it to a MK at Pound4 and I wish I didnt approach at the very end and give him an opportunity to KO me (which he did).

Maybe if he doesn't want to be timed out against a character who can't kill and a player who isnt willing to risk the stock for a KO... well maybe HE SHOULD APPROACH. And he never does, because he's snake and this is brawl. Time his *** out x)

Edit: :o My title changed :o

Xyless

Smash Master
# 9th out of 22 (Don't Blink!) 03/13/10
Northbrook, IL

Did pretty good at this tourney, considering I haven't really played vBrawl in 3 months (and didn't really play brawl- competitively). Lost to a Wario (game 3, matches were close and lasted about 7 minutes each), and later lost to a Lucario (who I SD's early first round and almost came back to win).

I used some ZSS this time, but Peach was my primary as always. Oh, and I finally beat an Olimar in brackets. FINALLY! And playing campy Peach is annoying, but works.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
And playing campy Peach is annoying, but works.
I just thought of another food-related analogy (the best ones I have are all food, go with me on this!)

Competitive Peach gameplay is like a salad.

There may be juicy bits of meat when you dig in at the beginning, but towards the end, it's just vegetables.

So, while you make get some nice meaty combos at the beginning of each stock, if you're playing well, there's a lot of vegetables in your future ;P

Top Bottom