• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ok guys so a friend of mine (offline :D) has recently picked up Pit and I've been trying to show him the ropes of Brawl and he's picking them up pretty well. The trouble is, neither of us know very many specifics about Pit since I only use Peach and Pit is nothing like Peach, so I just need a few questions answering to help me fight Pit so that I can use them and also point them out to my friend so he's aware of them. Atm I win because I've been playing Brawl a lot longer but when things start to even out, I'd like to know various methods that are good against Pit and it'd be nice for me to point out specific things for both of us to work on

- Is it better to use Peach's Fair or Bair? Fair outranges his aerials but the problem is that his aerials are faster. I've been using Bair like I would use it vs Marth, using it to punish his aerials or hit him before he gets an aerial in/use against his F Smash as a punisher

- What do you do if Pit constantly runs away and uses multiple jumps/gliding? I've mainly being throwing Turnips up in the air to mess with his jumping and gliding stuff

- More Turnips or less Turnips, which is better? When should the Turnips be used?

- Are SH Dairs good or bad? I'm trying to teach him how to DI out of Dair. Its something he hasn't got round to but he knows to use an aerial to stop me when I go for a Dair so this isn't a major issue

Pit info would be very much appreciated from those who have experience cause I want to get better and I'd like my friend to get better aswell, since if we both get better, we'll get even better faster xD Thanks in advance

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You know how peach has trouble killing OoS at mid range?

Shield drop -> buffered dash to nair. Its a full 6 frames faster than fair and nair tends to be less stale.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
double post bump

We joke about insta shield break with MrSaturn but couldn't there be a way to actually do this while staying fast and safe? Glide toss ground float nair dash attack maybe? These attacks don't poke so should work right?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
stitch -> ground float nair is a shield combo and dash attack will finish of the job is they dont react fast enough!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What's our best choice of action when we DO get that shield break? I'd go for usmash, but a lot of characters are too short and stubby to get hit by the good hitboxes.

Same deal when we would get a Final Smash?

(Right next to opponent) Up thrown turnip -> Roll behind -> Charge Fsmash -> Turnip falls and hits -> Release fsmash

Metatitan

Smash Master
Your best option is to pluck a normal knockback turnip, go to one side of them and strong throw up.

Short hop to the other side of them and charge up smash. The turnip will knock them into your direction and into the strong part of your up smash.

Or you can be Kyon and Dair them instead...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What about Light?

Also: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Your best option is to pluck a normal knockback turnip, go to one side of them and strong throw up.

Short hop to the other side of them and charge up smash. The turnip will knock them into your direction and into the strong part of your up smash.

Or you can be Kyon and Dair them instead...
I just noticed this.... =( to be honest short hop dair to dash attack looked like it would work...... don't remind me that im bad

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hey so me and my crewmate are trying out peach/wario as a team. Any tips or anything on how this team is suppose to work? What role is peach suppose to play? Any team tactics that works with these 2? Thanks in advance.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I tried this out for the first time with an unranked WeWA player (Toobusytocare) this last Saturday. I was rather impressed. I just told him "Space to stay alive" and we did really well. Took a game off the best static team in WA.

You should both play really gay and campy and exploit openings. Both characters are excellent 2v1 characters with the ability to move in and punish small openings very strongly. Between the two of them...it just works.

Fiction and Sky won doubles at a major regional a long time ago, too, if that tells you anything.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Thanks Praxis. Yea before i even came here we both agree to just camp our *** off and create openings. Both chars can space and camp extremely well but both has the moveset to go aggressive when a opening comes. My crew is practicing this thurs and one more next week before the april 10th tournament. Hopefully we do well

Any other tips from anyone else with this team?

Edit is it possible for me to free tunrip pull(Or whatever it's called when u pull a turnip from running off the ledge) Without bsticking?? My only changes to my controls are tap jump off and x to grab.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yeah, it's really easy actually. You have to be in a full run, not dash startup. Just input the down-B right as you cross the ledge, then press forward right after inputting down-B.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's really easy actually. You have to be in a full run, not dash startup. Just input the down-B right as you cross the ledge, then press forward right after inputting down-B.
You can also boneSLIDE the pull to accomplish the ledgepulls in smaller spaces x) I tend to do that just out of habit.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I got bone walking down packed. it's actually quite easy. All I do is use my eyes. The same method I use to getthe max distance with the Dtilt slide.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I have controller johns. Mine won't rly dash well sometimes but I'll get a new one soon. I'm pretty sure I'm good at bonewalking.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'm the one who first named it bonewalking b/c all you gay peaches tried to give it horribly suggestive names like Bone Sliiiiiiiiiding (that's a shot at you Meno!).

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Guys, I really need some stuff on the Snake match up. I find it odd that the 2nd best character in the game is almost never discussed when he's potentially such a thread due to his popular use. I'm having real difficult re writing it cause I don't have enough up to date stuff

Gogogogo please

This goes for Falco as well, there never seems to be a clear cut desicion on this guy
Infact, any character stuff would be nice

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Guys, I really need some stuff on the Snake match up. I find it odd that the 2nd best character in the game is almost never discussed when he's potentially such a thread due to his popular use. I'm having real difficult re writing it cause I don't have enough up to date stuff

Gogogogo please

This goes for Falco as well, there never seems to be a clear cut desicion on this guy
Infact, any character stuff would be nice
I agree... I lost to snake more than i do to mk.... However i dont have much to say on this match up cause i know so little... nades are very dumb...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would help out but I am seriously not in the mood to get into it with the WC. I'm really am not. So I am staying out of all of these topics. Letthem do all the talking and take advice from them. I'm not needed.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Look, absolutely anything match up related would be helpful to be blunt. I'm throwing Snake out because unlike MK he's almost never ever discussed despite the fact you're likely to run into some at any decent tourney. In some respect, I'd argue he's more dangerous than MK in some respects

Top Bottom