• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Moveset Discussion #3: F Tilt

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lets talk about how your *****ass should enter active gamers this weekend (unless ur seriously broke coz i totally understand that john :( ).

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Stops approaches in the air at a 45* angle
KO at moderate percents
Follow after downthrow

Look up her skirt when you pause the game

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I love bair->ftilt, especially when the weak hit of bair makes contact. Decent killing move at high percents against light characters, especially when killing moves are decayed.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Edreese pointed out that when the opponents are at high damage, after hitting with an incomplete dair, ftilt is guaranteed. A very good finisher. I usually use dair>nair, but if your nair is stale (or you are fighting against a floaty *** character), ftilt is the way to go. =]

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Pros
- Long ranged with a big hitbox in front of her, making it a great spacing tool
- Very anti-aerial
- Very good ground move, so it's good for your ground game.
- Comes out on frame 6
- Many hitboxes.
- Can kill at moderate percentages.
- Pretty good combo move: Dthrow > Ftilt or Ftilt chain or Ftilt > Aerial.

Cons
- Has some punishable ending lag.
- Different hitboxes can be annoying, especially if you hit with the wrong one :mad:

Ftilt should be uses much more.

:052:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
<3 FTilt. One of her best ground moves IMO. For a start, it's fast, which is always a plus. Second, due to its good range and several hitboxes, it makes a good anti-air move, and that combined with UTilt gives Peach a very good anti-air game overall. As others have said, it also makes a good follow-up to DThrow, and also I've often found that I can chain FTilt into a UTilt. Soemtimes I even chain it into a USmash, though that was probably due to my opponent sucking tbh. Plsu it makes an OK kill move. I like to use it for killing on lightweights, since it's easier to land and less telegraphed than Fair.

The only noticeable flaw it has is the noticeable ending lag afterwards, so you have to be careful about when you use it. All in all, a very useful move.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It is possible to Ftilt > Usmash, but one must hit with the weakest hitbox that does 6%. CPU lvl 9 Peach has done that three times to me. Stupid wh0re. Anyway, it's kinda hard to hit with the weakest hitbox anyway.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
You could use it to knock enemy upward then follow up by using her recovery.
Thats what I do only on 1 on 1 battles.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ftilt is simply amazing. Amazing I tell you. Not only her best tilt, but also among her top five moves overall. It does everything. It spaces, it kills, it combos, it has a million huge hitboxes that stay out for years, and it comes out incredibly fast. This move is the shizzle.

Her ftilt is an enormous fan that covers everywhere. It's major hitboxes are way out in front of her, but the range also hits below, above, and slightly behind her. This makes it an ideal anti-aerial move. Just space correctly and it beats:

DK's bair
Kirby's bair
Ness's fair
Peach's fair

And much more. Against any aerial-oriented character I just stick to the ground and spam ftilt. It's only negative is that is has a bit of cooldown - but it's on the same level as the rest of Peach's ground moves, so it's not much anyway.

Other things I enjoy abour ftilt:

• The dress rustle sound it makes.
  • The times when opponents actually fall into the ftilt from above since it lasts so long.
  • Some of the players here actually call Peach "Mini-Snake" since it's highly comparable to his utilt.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I figured I'd bump this thread as a way to discuss our opinions on how useful F tilt is since it recently came up in the GD and has been appearing in the GD on and off for a long time.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You can chain grab Ike up to ~ 24% then start to ftilt chain him another 4-5 times. It would help if somehow you staled it a little longer.

I think Ftilt can be a great KO move from a jab. Jab -> ftilt.

I really thought it was great, but recently it has been rather SLOW in my arsenal. I don't use it nearly as much anymore. The lag is too punishable imo

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
My uses of Ftilt:

1. Ftilt > Air. Air approaching? Eat my heel. That is, when Fsmash cannot be used, as that one has a bigger reward and less lag too iirc.

2. Combo > Ftilt > Uair/Utilt. Lovely!

3. My opponent is at mid range and he does something laggy. Ftilt!

Whenever I use Ftilt, I make sure it does hit or I dont get punished too hard if it doesnt.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Whenever I ftilt, it seems to get power shielded a lot. It's really only when I'm approaching and try to ftilt them, and they just naturally shield everything in sight. I believe that when approaching, jab or fsmash are better options, considering jab has a million options if it gets shielded, and fsmash pushes your opponent's shield away enough to not get grabbed.

However, ftilt is an amazing move as a combo-transition move, when you're opponent doesn't have the opportunity to shield, as well as a killing move at high percents. I've always loved ftilt in specific matchups, too, like Falco and Captain Falcon, because it shuts down a lot of they're approaching options.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'll keep spraying it. Ftilt is our best ground move. Use it forever.

Also, it's the answer to our killing issues. After 150%ish, aim to use ftilt. We have guaranteed set-ups from jab and from a 3-hit dair.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
jab to f tilt is a gauranteed setup if the jab is landed. this is because f tilt has less startup frames than the 2nd jab does. You just have to buffer.
Thats not very true.

Jab 1:
Duration: 19
Hits on Frame: 2
Hitbox Duration: 2-3 (2)
Cooldown: 16
Frames Jab 1 can be cancelled into second jab: 8-30

Shield stun: 1
Shield Advantage: -16
Shield drop advantage: -9
As you can see, the frames jab 1 can be cancelled into the second one is on frame 8-30. However, this only counts for the second jab, and not any other attacks such as Ftilt. They can only be 'cancelled' after the 16 frames cooldown lag, which is at frame 19. This makes Jab1 > Jab2 a whole lot faster.

But what did catch my eye is the fact that jab 1 can be cancelled into jab 2 up until frame 30. Is Jab1 > Jab 2 ALWAYS guaranteed, regardless if it has been cancelled on frame 8 or 30? Because if that's the case, Jab1 > Ftilt should be guaranteed because Ftilt will then hit on frame 25 (Jab1 = frame 2-3 + frame 16 cooldown = frame 19 + frame 6 Ftilt = frame 25). This is pretty interesting as it would mean that any move that has 11 or less frames of start-up (such as Nair, Bair, grab) would be guaranteed. BUT thats only if Jab1 > Jab2 is always guaranteed.

I hope you understand what I mean.

:053:

Metatitan

Smash Master
You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. F Tilt's good but you overrate it big time. It's a move that has it's purposes (anti aerial if there isn't enough time to space a f smash, a pinch KO move at high %'s, and a move to combo into) but it's not a miracle move by any means. Jab is probably her best ground move because of it's range. Still, F tilt is good. My point isn't to convince you that it's bad, just not as good as you think it is xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yep, until Mikehaze and any other competent Marth tippers you OoS. It's a good combo transition move, a good damage addition to a chaingrab, and a decent punisher against mis-spaced aerials, but it's not all that great as a universal option.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

Thats not very true.

As you can see, the frames jab 1 can be cancelled into the second one is on frame 8-30. However, this only counts for the second jab, and not any other attacks such as Ftilt. They can only be 'cancelled' after the 16 frames cooldown lag, which is at frame 19. This makes Jab1 > Jab2 a whole lot faster.

But what did catch my eye is the fact that jab 1 can be cancelled into jab 2 up until frame 30. Is Jab1 > Jab 2 ALWAYS guaranteed, regardless if it has been cancelled on frame 8 or 30? Because if that's the case, Jab1 > Ftilt should be guaranteed because Ftilt will then hit on frame 25 (Jab1 = frame 2-3 + frame 16 cooldown = frame 19 + frame 6 Ftilt = frame 25). This is pretty interesting as it would mean that any move that has 11 or less frames of start-up (such as Nair, Bair, grab) would be guaranteed. BUT thats only if Jab1 > Jab2 is always guaranteed.

I hope you understand what I mean.

:053:
Ah you are correct. Thanks for calling me out on that. I knew that it was guaranteed ( someone explained it to me before) but I am not very good with frame data explanations, so I remembered the wrong explanation for it. Thanks for the clarification!

I must note that the sweetspot of filt does not connect out of a jab - most of the time you get the weak hit, so this isn't a reliable kill setup. It's hard to kill with f tilt because you have to be pretty close to the opponent..

IMO Peach's most reliable kill move is up air. If you choose not to use it to combo, a fully fresh up air is really really strong, and it connects in the air so the opponent is not far from the ceiling anyway. However once up air is used once it's most staling is insane, it gets insanely weak.

I keep Ftilt there for low percent attack chains, such as jab ->ftilt, or a killing option later in the game. Really the only times I ever use it due to the lag.

Might I add that it has an 11 frame duration. That is our longest lasting ground move. See what tricks you can pull out when you can punish spotdodges, or rolls because of how long the move lasts. Also, doesn't ftilt act like a sex kick? It gets weaker the longer it is out.

Longest lasting ground move would be D Smash not F Tilt.
Dsmash
Duration: 44
Hits on Frame: 6, 11, 16, 21
Hitbox Duration: each hitbox lasts 2 frames
Cooldown: 22

I am refering to a single hitbox being out. Not a multi-hitbox move.

Besides, the point I am getting across is that it is a long lasting hitbox and hits up pretty high. Which is really the longest is irrelevent. (attempting to stay on topic lul)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's not a universal option, but it is near to being a universal punisher.

A frame 6, long lasting, hard hitting move with multiple hitboxes is really really good. My personal favorite move.

Top Bottom