• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Interview Thread! Finally Interviewing Dark.Pch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatitan

Smash Master
We are taking nominations

Welcome to the Peach Interview Thread!

Here we ask nominated peach mains/ex mains questions about peach, the metagame, or life in general (if they don't mind answering, please do not ask questions that are too personal).

Because we are the overly dramatic Peach Boards, I will set some ground rules that I hope we will all abide by:

• No spiteful harrassing (playful is okay)
  • No overly personal questions
  • No flaming
  • Limited drama
  • Proper grammar and spelling
Nomination Rules:

• Interviews end when the majority consensus agrees
  • The voting for the next interviewee ends at noon eastern time the day after the previous interview ends
  • Interviewee must be a (ex) peach main, uses her seriously, or is a part of the peach community
  • Interviewers are not restricted although peach mains would be preferred
  • Interviewees are allowed only one interview unless another is demanded by popular majority
Well that would be all for the rules, hopefully we will not need to add anymore!

The current interviewee will be in the thread title and have a post declaring the start of his/her interview.

Let's all be polite and respectful please! Much love <3

Nomination tallies:

Edrees Interview:

- Why did you quit playing brawl?
- Will you ever start playing again?

I mainly quit because I ran out of free time. I wanted to use it to do other things on weekends. I was able to play melee because typical tournaments ended at 5pm, and it would be fine to go to big tournaments once every two months and spend the whole weekend. Brawl is a much larger weekend time investment so I just can't do it. Also I had more passion for Melee in general, because I like Melee bigger and also I was also younger and had more attention span for it. I can't say for certain I won't start playing again but it's not likely. I still show up to tournaments once in awhile.

- What's your favorite thing about Peach?
- Who is your hardest matchup? If it's MK, who is the second hardest for you?
- What is your favorite band?

1 - My favorite thing is her look. It's just freakin hilarious to kick *** using such a cartoony looking Princess. This was why I started using her in Mario Kart SNES and all Nintendo games where she was playable.

2- Hardest matchup is MK I guess. But discluding him I would say Snake. I don't think it's Peachest 2nd hardest, but I my spacing doesn't come in as handy versus snake and backfires sometimes, and I rely on spacing alone to win against many players, so I can get frustrated in the matchup when I shouldn't be.

3- My favorite rock band is either Muse or Incubus. I'm a huge John mayer fan but he's not really a band. He's definitely my top musician though. I'm a huge fan of talented guitarists like steve ray vaughan, eric clapton, les paul, etc.

- Who is your all time favorite Peach player.
- What do you like most about Peach boards?
- Dare I ask.... WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE PEACH POSTER HERE?! :p
- What do you think of the Pokemon Chansey?

My all time favorite Peach player NOW is Armada. It used to be Mikael from Japan. I guess my favorite Brawl peach is me LOL.

I like the Peach boards because everyone is really nice and there's a strong sense of community here. Also it's hilarious.

My favorite poster right now is Kbizzle. I think he's got a lot of useful stuff to post and he has no BS in his posts. My favorite poster that ever posted here? Dunno, probably NikoK. Always entertaining hahaha.

What do I think of the Pokemon Chansey?
I think she's a cheater. Everytime I get her pokeball she gives me useless items, but when other people get her they get awesome stuff. That's my only experiences of Chansey since the only time I played a pokemon game was pokemon blue when it first came out, and got bored after about 30 minutes of the battle system. I can see why people like it, but I'm not big on turn based RPGs unless they have some really likable characters which pokemon didn't have IMO.

- What was your first tournament experience like? Did you enjoy it?
- How do you Non-Smash friends react to the part of your Smash lifestyle? (Or at least before you retired)
- In your opinion, is Peach as a character viable to win tournaments?
- Where'd your username come from?

First tournament experience was Manacloud's Bday tourney in early 2005. everyone was eating pizza before the tourney and I got to play ken in some friendlies and get destroyed. I went 0-2 against Hugo and then 1-2 against some marth player, I was happy just to take a match off by downsmashing my way to victory. Non -smash friends are surprised to find out I have traveled across the nation, they can't believe it. Most of my close friends already knew me when I did all that so they were there while I did it, but new friends are shocked.

Peach is viable to win small and medium sized tournies on her down. She is viable to win national's if you use a high tier secondary to take care of certain matchups and playstyles once in awhile. I believe it is 100% impossible to win a national going solo peach though. Going 85% Peach, yes I believe it's certaintly possible. HOWEVER this is the current metagame. I have faith that more can be discovered to propel her higher.

My username was my 1st screen name i made in 7th grade. Edrees i my name, and i love reesespieces peanut butter cups. I love puns so whaalah. I got my sense of humor reading spiderman comic books, he'd always make puns, and I thought I was so cool being like spiderman. I guess it stuck for my entire life.

- How patient are you in matches?
- How much has smash effected your regular life and was it in a positive or negative way?
- What do you do hobby-wise or productive wise to replace smash?
- If you were a furry what species would your fursona [furry persona] be and why? (sorry had to ask and will ask everyone this XD)

I'm pretty patient against most characters, but I lose my patience against lucario and snake for some reason. I'm not super patient but I'm not super aggressive either. I think i'm in the middle ground. Smash effected my regular life bigtime, it helped me pay through college expenses..hahah. Also made a lot of friends that I don't see as smash friends anymore, they are friends I hang out with normally.

I played smash way less ever since I picked up guitar and started learning Japanese. these eat up the time i used to make for smash. And the type of furry i'd be is the one that dresses up like normal people and gets a lot of hot chicks that don't have tails and aren't furries. that's the furry i'd be.

Will you ever hook up with Silly Kyle?

Nope! I love me my womenz. Silly kyle seems nice though and I wouldn't mind being friends if i were to meet him. I have no ounce of homophobia.

- What does it take to become a top player?
- What is your mindset when you play?

Experience, perseverance, and patience. When I play my mindset is that my character sucks so I need to outplay my opponent by 5 to 1 to win the match. When I mentally create a scenario in my head that my back is against the wall and I'm at a disadvantage, I try harder and my adrenaline flows to win. If I think i'm supposed to win or I'm at an advantage, I won't play my best, so I always mentally make myself to be the underdog. Usually if i lose a set to someone I'm not supposed to it means I did see myself as the favorite, so i try to avoid that.

What's your favorite lady gaga song?

Paparazzi, but bad romance is close. Love Lady Gaga!

- Peach or ZSS?
- Who has been your toughest opponent throughout your Smash career?
- Favorite food?
- What celebrities do you have the hots for?

Peach. ZSS is pretty fun too though. Toughest opponent in melee was Mew2King, (I knew Ken's style since i played with him a lot so it wasn't as bad) though the player i've lost the most amount of sets to Melee and brawl has been DSF. i'm like 3 and 25 against him or something along those lines melee + brawl. 4 and 25 if you include low tier LOL.

Favorite food is sushi and/or afghan food. It's a tie. celebs i have the hots for are alicia keys, hwang mi hee, and scarlett johanssen. Not much of a celebrity chaser though!

- When are we hanging out again?
- Why are we so cool?
- Why don't I just call you?
- WHY AM I POSTING HERE?

IM SO SORRY THAT WE HAVEN"T HUNG OUT IN SO LONG! Yeah why DONT you just call me? We are so cool because we placed 17th going all double peach in the most competitive melee tournament before Brawl came out.

And WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE?

Praxis Interview:

- Will you ever change your avatar?

Nope. It was custom drawn for me, and I like it I also have a T-shirt.

- How are your cats?

Peachy :3

- Why the white dress?

It wasn't taken in the early days! Back in '08, Edrees was pink, Niko_K was green, Dark.Pch was daisy, You (the player) was Red, and Sky was blue.

- Are you finally saving your double jump?

Yes indeed. I started playing Snake in friendlies, and it broke all of my bad jump wasting habits fast.

- What techniques do you find are underrated?
Stutter stepped Forward Smash.

This is why EC still lose to Marth and Kirby.

- Peach mains you believe to be underrated?

Kyon, King Beef/KBizzle, and Razmakazi.

- Peach's worst matchups?

Metaknight, Falco, Snake.

However, Metaknight is her most significant obstacle to winning. Falco and Snake are not even in the same category.

Also, Marth isn't a bad matchup, but is often mistaken to be.

- Peach's best matchups?

Kind of obvious, but still: Ganondorf. We've got a very good Ganon player in WA who makes a lot of good players have to focus to beat. Peach just completely demolishes Ganon, worse than even Metaknight IMO. He can't beat her priority, turnips gimp hard, he's forced to approach (as opposed to MK)...

Among tournament viable characters? Wario. She just flat out beats most of his spacing methods, and the Wario player has to work very hard to beat her, and usually rely on farts for kills.

- Why am I better at bingo?
:'(

- Why 'Praxis'? Where'd it come from?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/praxis

–noun, plural prax·is·es, prax·es
practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Praxis

Praxis was a Klingon moon. It was a key energy-production facility for the Klingon Empire until 2293.

I found them both fitting. xD

- Do you think that Toad is top tier?

No. Toad is terrible. I really wish we had a B button move that would give us an extra option while recovering
If he didn't stop momentum, he'd be much more useful. I wish we had something we could B-reverse

- Did you trounce that guy who said he had a 'beastly Link'?

Five stock'd

- How many people have disagreed with you thinking GnW's bair is bad?

I've lost count. These days, I just search for posts on it, 'cause it's fun to troll the G&W mains :3

I've had people at distant regional tournaments challenge me to MM's to prove me wrong and get slaughtered horribly. I very much enjoy going to distant tournaments and coming home with pockets lined with the money of slain G&W mains whom I 2-0'd.

However, I dislike Judgement. >_<

- Favorite random item to pull and why?

Mr. Saturn. Tons of fun little traps you can set up with him.

- What's your favorite matchup at this point in time?

Marth and Wario

- Lady Gaga or Lady Gag-Gag?

*shrug* meh. I don't change the radio when her music comes on, so I guess that's good?

- Can I bare your children?

Bare my children? Uh...wouldn't this make you a pedophile?

- Whats Washington like?

Washington's nice. Especially Seattle. Over here in Spokane? Ehh. I've loved in SoCal, the Netherlands, and Italy, so maybe my standards are a little high. Still, it's not bad. At least it's not Idaho.

- What do you do in your non smash time?

Y'know, I don't talk about my non-smash stuff on here normally. But, I do quite a lot of stuff. I work full time in the medical IT field, I own a house so there's a lot of stuff associated with that, I do a lot of Bible study, I'm currently taking a class on Objective-C programming just for the fun of it (I've got something of a mathematical mind), hang out with friends, read books, plot to take over the world....but I'm always pretty busy, haha.

- Can we get a picture of your house?

I'll get some up at some point

- AiB or SWF?
SWF character boards, AiB everything else. Most of my region is on AiB so it's easier to organize.

- Whats your fav flower?
Call it cliche, but a Rose is a classic.

- How patient are you in matches?

Very patient. I've gotten much better at the Snake matchup by just outplaying him at the grenade game and then just waiting him out when I get a 1% lead.

And, of course, that's how you handle Wario and Metaknight.

When I get impatient, I lose.

- How has smash effected the rest of your life?

Fairly positively. I've avoided letting it take too much priority so that it doesn't get in the way of important things, but adopting the 'playing to win' mentality, and climbing something of a ladder, does teach valuable lessons. I've also gotten a lot more excuses to travel to places around the country, which I love

Do you have an rivals?
My longtime close friend also plays Smash with me. He mains Lucario. Unfortunately; he works saturdays, and thus rarely gets to attend any tournaments. But he keeps up fairly well and plays with the community on weekdays.

If you were a furry what species would your furry persona be (it could be a combination also)?
Uhhhhhhm...lol.

- Who would u rather bone miyamato or steve jobs (legit question)
Alas, even with their overwhelming attractiveness, I remain straight. However, if we replace "bone" with "hold hands and prance through a field of flowers with", I would have to say Miyamoto, despite my love for Stevie.

However, I may be biased between the two, as I have already met Miyamoto and he's a super nice guy.

- How does it come you change your mind every second? MK is unwinnable. Falco is unwinnable, just camp MK. MK is unwinnable, Falco is not even in the same category.

I have never claimed that Falco was worse than MK. I've flipflopped on MK's difficulty for Peach a lot as I put a lot of time into that matchup and the MK's have to catch up before flaws are shown in the game plan.

I thought they were on the same level for a while, but I've gotten a bit better at Falco, and MK's gotten quite a bit tougher as Itakio and I play a lot now and discover things.

- What is in your opinion the best way to play Peach (I should have asked this to Edrees too ;_; )?

Space, camp, and punish.

Peach has an incredibly strong punishment game, with a three frame nair and two frame jab and crazy disjointed dash attack and lots of high priority moves (strong in terms of what she can punish, not in terms of how badly she punishes). She's got lots of spacing methods. She has a projectile that is very useful for controlling space.

Be patient, control your environment, and punish your guarantees.

Her problem lies in being juggled after she takes a hit from MK. xD

- When will you come back to The Netherlands (patatje oorlog misses you)?

I'd like to come back next summer :o But don't hold me to it...

- What is the best way in your mind to kinda clear your style of any sort of predictable actions? mainly in mid match?

Take a break from Brawl for a couple of weeks. xD

It actually works; ask Edrees.

- Have you ever caught yourself trying to hit with the same move over and over again and wont change up your game until you hit said move?

Yes in the past; it usually almost certainly means I lost the match.

- What do you do to lose weight? :D

I started June 1st; no fast food, period. Not eating until I'm full. Drinking about twice as much water as normal. Minimizing carbs; when possible, fish/shrimp/chicken over red meat. Using the gym at my work for 15-20 minutes a day. It's actually not that hard and I'm dropping a half-pound to a pound a day. :o I just hardboil two eggs when I get up in the morning and throw the eggs and a bunch of fruit and veggies in a bag to eat through the work day.

- What will the "best" Peach consist of?
- What will it take to become the "best" Peach?

* Strong ability to read and play safe; to the level of other top players like Mew2King, Ally, and ADHD.

* Consistent Bonewalking for additional safety

* Strong turnip game

* Fully utilizes all options to get back on the ground against MK

* Ally's DI

Mikey Lenetia

- Have you ever used a color outside of blue? Not counting textures or forced team colors?
- What was your first reaction to being a member of the BBR?
- When will you change your avatar to the one Ankoku made that was super cool?
- What was your biggest obstacle with being gay?

Hmmm... I honestly don't know and don't think so, unless I'm being silly in friendlies. It's just about my calling card. ^_^;

My first reaction was surprise, considering Praxis and Edreese are back there. I didn't expect they'd let another Peach player back there, honestly.

Which one? He makes plenty of super cool avatars, and I highly appreciate him for doing that, as well as putting up with my shenanigans with them.

The biggest obstacle was actually starting to admit to myself, as well as others, that I'm gay. I highly believe in Murphy's Law, so I always picture the worst-case scenario, and prepare for it. Thankfully, I almost always was pleasantly surprised.

- Lenetia? Where'd that come from if you don't mind me asking?

The name itself came from RPing. I wanted to create a last name for a character, and it just stuck so much that it basically became my staple avatar's name(Mikey, of course, being my nickname). Put the two together and there you go.

- Which game do you like better: Melee, Brawl, or both and why?
- Which of the two do you think you are better in?
- Doesn't Anther just remind you of Pikachu for some reason? xD
- What is your favorite attack/tactic with Peach in Brawl?
- Why are you so awesome and fun to be around?

I like both for different reasons. Melee has that nonstop in-your-face attitude where there's a huge flurry of actions happening all at once, as well as combos that can pretty much instantly swing momentum any which way. Brawl doesn't have that, but instead it's diving in whenever there's an opening, getting inside your opponent's head, and trying to make them play the way you want them to to a higher degree than Melee got to.

Currently, I'd say I'm better at Brawl, but that's only because more people I get to hang around with play(ed) it. If I want to compare how far I got in both games, though, I definitely was better at Melee than I ever have gotten at Brawl.

Oh my goodness, yes he does! He's so cute, random, and sometimes I just wanna hug him for no reason. It really fits him to main Pikachu for more ways than one. ^_^

I... really don't have a favorite, honestly. I try to use all of them about as equally as I can, as the situation calls for it. Don't get me wrong. I love to hit with things like Peach Bomber and usmash, but nine times out of ten I'll do something else to make people wonder what I'm going to do next.

... I am? This is news to me. I'm just silly. XD

- Why nottaru? Why not Lalafell?

I honestly was considering them, but the RP part of me kicked in, and I really couldn't see myself as maining either of those races. I'll play them, and have fun with them, but I don't think I'd completely enjoy it. Besides, I usually tend to go toward a balance of offense and defense. Hence why I'm going for Hume/Hyur, unless something drastic happens.

- Do you employ any tactics from Melee Peach in Brawl, and vice versa?
- What did you think of AXE's Pikachu at Pound 4? I fight him here in AZ lol
- Who do you think are some of the best Peaches around in 2010??
- How do you try to get better with Peach?

I know I do for Melee to Brawl, for sure. I always liked to use her dsmash(for more reasons than the fact it's just so darn good), and have found a place for it in Brawl. One of the most fun things to do is dtilt slide a dsmash over some poor unsuspecting person's shield. Otherwise, I notice I like to use dair a heck of a lot more in Melee, which is more of a bad habit than a good one, unfortunately. You wouldn't think there'd be so much of a difference between the two games for a character with almost the exact same moves. ^_^;

Honestly, I think he's pretty good, and would have loved to play him more. It's such a shame I had to play him on a day where they mixed Brawl and Melee, but I can tell he's not bad by any definition of the word. I just have past Anther experience.

It's hard to say who the best Peach players are, because it isn't often we can really compare. I honestly could care less, too. We all have our strengths, and we all have our flaws to get past. It's once we can manage to do that where I'll even somewhat be comfortable with starting to label Peach players as anything. And Dekar said that? I'm not that good, just silly. ^_^;

I try to get better with Peach by constantly testing what does and does not work, especially in the course of a match. Just because something worked once, for instance, doesn't mean it'll work again. When will it work? Why did it work? Could I have continued it? How could I use this to mindgame something even more desirable? These thoughts pass through my head so fast, I don't even recognize I thought them until much later. But most importantly, I love to just let go of my worries and stresses and have fun with it. What's the point of striving to be the best if you keep slamming against that stress wall? Just let your actions speak for it, don't get absorbed, and usually the rest will come(unless you have an off moment... we all get those ^_^; ).

- How are you?

I'm good, thankee. Have to go to bed early tonight(blah), but otherwise I'm just fine. How are you?

- Why does everyone love you so much?
- How similar are Peach's turnip games from melee and brawl?
- How similar are Peach's nonturnip games from melee and brawl?
- Melee Fair or Brawl Fair (excluding staling)?
- If I was stranded in Michigan would you house me :D?

People love me? This is news to me. I always thought I was just tolerated. XD

Peach's turnip game is similar between the two because it makes her other moves relatively more safe to use. Alone, they can be quite risky, but with a turnip in the way, she can get away with a lot more. Even if the opponent catches it. However, the amount of pressure on shields is highly lowered, and they're too easy to catch in comparison. So, while they're still amazing, they're not THAT amazing.

Peach's nonturnip game is... varied. Her tilts have been buffed to have more uses(minus dtilt), her aerials have either been given insane range and better speed(uair/fair), different properties(dair, which actually makes me sad), or have strangely been made slower and less powerful(bair/nair). Seriously. Give me Melee's dair for more combos and setups for more guaranteed follow-ups for higher percents, please, or at least let me pseudo WoP bairs. Or give bair it's strange disjointedness to go through projectiles(like a fully-charged shot from Samus). Jabs are still nice. Grabs are harder to land due to decreased range. Throws have all been downpowered. Smashes all have higher use(outside of the obvious dsmash). They're all still nice, but they just have different uses and properties to make Peach a character you need to know VERY well to properly capitalize on opportunities.

Excluding staling, Brawl fair is slightly better due to higher speed. When you look at everything, though, Melee fair. It breaks through projectiles, hits hard a lot more frequently, and has more hitstun. They're both highly useful moves, though.

If it was up to me, yes! I'm sure I could do so, though, or at least find you decent housing if I couldn't do it.

- What is your worst matchup (excluding Metaknight). Why? What are you trying to do to work around it?
- In your opinion, which has more potential in the current metagame? An aggressive Peach (constantly attacking opponent) or defensive Peach? (Camping, waiting for mistake) Pleeaseeee choose either one, don't say "middle" lol.
- Do you ever find yourself "autopiloting" your attacks? (Examples would be, dair'ing too much, random fsmash, fair intoshield, etc etc.) What are you doing to fix it? (If you do)

Actually, Metaknight isn't my hardest match-up. I usually find it to be something that I don't have a lot of experience against, honestly. For example, I've found that Dedede is the match that makes me the most annoyed so far, simply due to how hard it can be to punish a few of his key moves, and that I don't regularly get to play against one. Think of it as learning on the fly. With that said, I'm trying my best to learn the match-up even faster as I go, and listening even more to advice from the others. Also, I try not to try the same thing more than once if I can help it, but without a ton of experience to pull from, it's an up-hill battle for me mentally.

I have FAR more experience and better results with going aggressive, but I do NOT mean blindly attacking. If you know what works behind her attacks, why, how, and against whom, then she can have a rather fun pressure game that several people will have a hard time getting in on. If you have a plan behind your attacks, then aggressive is the way to go. If not, please. PLEASE go defensive. You'll live so much longer, even if matches take forever and a day.

Ironically, the thing you asked me not to pick is what we all should be striving for; the perfect mix of aggression and defensive. Aggro as long as you can, press all openings to the best of your ability, and make them panic, and go defensive to study, create openings to become aggressive, and make them settle back into habits you know you can punish. They both have merit... but if you want me to choose? Be. Aggressive. B. E. Aggressive!

There are certain times that I find myself going into 'autopilot,' and unfortunately, for me, it's when I let stress get to me. It's awful. It makes me feel like I'm playing underwater with 10,000 pounds of pressure on every part of my body. It's once I shake that off that I start doing better. So, I guess I'm working on not letting any kind of situation, good or bad, get the better of my judgment and desire to have fun~!

No problems! Thanks to you and everyone for the questions. ^_^

- What do you think is the biggest mistake that most peaches (also you!) commonly make?
- Do you regularly use any of peach's more difficult ATs, such as uair chain, freepulling, bonewalking, etc? if so, do you think they vastly improve your game, or that they just help a little?
- Do you like peach's look better in brawl or melee?

I think the biggest mistake most Peach players make is just assuming you 'got this' because you have a lot of experience. I can't tell you how many times I've thought that and then gotten surprised, which I simply could have avoided had I taken things a different route. I think that in and of itself is our biggest problem as a community. The next biggest is dropping openings, however small they may or may not be, that could have given us the win and/or momentum. That one's pretty bad, too.

The ones I regularly use are glide tossing, ledge-cancelling turnips, and bonewalking(usually this is the order of frequency). Uair chain would be something I'd practice if I felt like it, and usually a situation for it is so rarely given that it'd be hard to keep it in regular practice. They all have their places, of course, for positioning, spacing, fast punishments, and whatnot, but I feel it's a mistake to focus too much on them. If anything, these little aspects of Peach should bolster her, not be what defines her. These are also things to practice and see what situations they're simply amazing in, and when to absolutely NOT try them out. All it takes is being read while doing any of them and it can lead to very bad things, up to and including losing a match. Get better at your core play first before relying on these, or else!

Brawl. Definitely Brawl. Her dress has so much more detail and real colors, a lot of her shoes match better, and she isn't such a lifeless doll. Seriously. Melee Peach is like one of those porcelain dolls that will eat your soul.

- Only one question..... why aren't we having fun playing smash together or other places right now? :(

Because you're all the way in Florida and there's not a lot of video game companies around there. Trust me, if I had the money and there were at least a few more, I'd be hanging out with you a lot more. Same with all the Peach players. I feel so isolated. ;.;

What's with you and Ankoku? Besties? Rivals? IS HE YOUR WIFE???

'Besties' and teammates. That's pretty much all it is and whatnot. ^_^;

- Do you ever play in low tier tournies? If so, who do you use?
- What's your favorite thing about Brawl Peach?
- What's your favorite video game ever?
- Who's your favorite pokémon?!?

I want to play in low tier tournaments sooo very badly. It gives me the perfect opportunity to play as Zelda, who I would actually main if Peach wasn't in the game. I, personally, go by characters that I like and enjoy first when it comes to maining, and Peach herself just happens to be my favorite Nintendo character.
My favorite thing about Brawl Peach is just how much she doesn't look like she even knows that there's a fight going on. Not to mention all the crazy shenanigans and little intricacies that she has that make her such a realistic threat AND entertaining to watch.
My favorite video game ever... That's a tough one, honestly. I like so many different games. I do, however, have a favorite genre, and that is RPGs. But, if I have to go with one favorite game... Non-console, I'll go with FF XI because of how many friends I made and whatnot. Console, I'll go with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, because it's fun, has RPG elements that I enjoy, and has a pretty good storyline behind it, too. It, along with other games, didn't completely knocked me off my feet, but I'm rather hard to please there.
Meowth~! It's just so cute and cuddly and I love kitties so very much. Not to mention, he's the original cat pokemon. That'll always be my answer. ^_^

- Who's your 'hero/role model'?

Mm... To be perfectly honest, I don't have one true hero/role model. I've found far better success and enjoyment of having quite a few, learning from their mistakes and their strengths. I don't usually keep up on celebrities because of how much negativity is thrown around their way by various people, and it truly makes me sad. If I have to list them, though, my parents, grandma, and uncle, as well as celebrities like Ellen(love her sense of humor and constant smile), Oprah(she's incredibly giving and open-minded), and Lady Gaga(she's pretty talented and, under all the jokes and such, is actually a very kind soul and outspoken on her beliefs). Just to name a few.

- Pan, racket, or golf club?

Hmmmm... I'll go with racket. It's just sooooo rewarding when you get that sweetspot. I do love the range on the golf club, and the wonderful sound of the frying pan, though. ^_^

- Mikey whats your fav peach texture?
- Do you ever consider using color text?
- Are you preordering FFXIV?

My favorite Peach texture so far is Rosalina, simply because of how well-done it is. One I would love to see for her, however, is Lilith from Darkstalkers, if someone hasn't done that one already for her.
I do sometimes, yes, but the color I'd use, royal blue, could be a pain to read on some skins. As such, I think for now I'll stick with the normal text color. For now.
Definitely! I wanna try to reserve the collector's edition if I can. I really hope I can, and just need to catch it before the preorders stop. And I need to find a place near home where I can get it. ^_^;

-What characteristics will the “best ” peach consist of?
- What does it take to become one of the best(M2K/Ally level)?

The characteristics the "best" Peach would have would be the perfect mix of an offensive and defensive game, wonderful mindgames, extensive knowledge and flexibility, perfect DI and SDI, and overall just not getting intimidated at all.

It takes all of those above, as well as a lot of dedication, to become that level. Especially in the case of M2K, it requires a LOT of time, practice, and travel. There's a reason he's the best, and that's because of all the traveling everywhere that he's doing. That way, he knows EVERYTHING, as well as current standings in metagames of the best of the best. Will we ever see another one of him? No clue. Ally's level is a lot more reachable than M2K's simply because of that reason alone. That's not an insult toward him, since Ally is phenomenal, but it's the truth considering just how much more M2K puts into this game over everyone, possibly even combined.

- How bad do you think Peach in this game would be if she didn't have the ability to Float?

Peach would definitely take a hit, as she wouldn't be able to have nearly as good an offensive game or even combo game without it. She wouldn't become one of the worst, but she would have a much harder time competing with the top/high tiers if she didn't have it and nothing else changed about her at all.

- If you could change just ONE thing about peach (as a brawl character) to make her significantly more threatening and higher tier, what would that be?

There would be one of two things I would do, honestly. One would be giving her at least one more viable kill move. As it is, yes, her moves are moderately powerful, but the only ones that are actually hard-hitting are either wonderful spacing tools(fair) or extremely situational(usmash, fsmash with the tennis racket).

If it WASN'T adding kill potential to one of her moves, I'd make it so her turnips gain banana properties when struck/hitting shields, and have them bounce and remain active until they deal damage. In fact, the turnip properties of Melee would probably be something I'd add over killing potential, because it'd make her pressure game that much more fantastic and dangerous. Also, it would make more openings for Peach's own moves, and since it's easy for her to reclaim her own turnips if grabbed it would not be that much of a danger for her to lose control over. It'd even gain power with being able to gimp recoveries, and bounce up into things like Meta Knight's tornado.

So, yeah. I think the second option would be the thing I'd choose after all, even if the first option is something we all would like. ^_^;

- What do you think of me.

That's more a statement than a question. ;p
I think you're in the exact same boat as the lot of us, really, in terms of Peach players in general. We all, as I said before, need to work on some things, and make sure not to lose our strengths in others. One of your personal biggest problems, I think, is that you take things far too seriously, and that can bring you far far down. If you get the chance, I say try to relax and open up your mind a bit, and you'll find that all the potential you've claimed to have lost will come right on back. It just takes time, and sometimes even time away to refind it.

King Beef Interview:

Does it ever annoy you that with your old name (King Beef), people mistook you for Commandar_Beef and with your new name (KBizzle), people mistake you for KSizzle?

Why King Beef? I mean come on, Prince Pork has alliteration! :p

- Yeah a little at first because it was pretty frequent, but after a while it just became another form of incentive for me to do well so that their names would be the ones confused with mine. It's actually kind of funny though knowing someone else out there uses the surname "Beef", lol.

- King Beef is an inside joke between and friend and I. We were both bored one day and decided to replace portions of different words with "Beef" for whatever reason. I had replaced "Merchandise" with "Beefindise" and that became my gamertag for a couple of years. Then he called himself "King Blarg" and I with my oh-so-lovable ego didn't want him to be the only 'King', then "King Beef" was born and I stuck with it for years. Not very original but the unintentional corny innuendo always makes people chuckle whether they mean to or not. xD

Where the crap did you get your shirt?

- Cedar Point. :3

*How did your mindset and skill level improve so quickly?
*Did you always think about smash in the logical manner?
*What do you like to do outside of smash?
*Did you go to college or are you working?
*Thoughts on the King James scandal?

- Research, experimentation, and repetition. I started off a scrub at Brawl like mostly everyone else despite the years of Melee experience under my belt. They're both totally different games, but once I fully committed myself to understanding this game (Fall of 09) that's when the real improvement began. I've had a couple of minor slumps against individual players but I'm happy to say that my improvement hasn't ceased since.

- Yes, but for Brawl especially. This is a game where you absolutely must know what works and what doesn't because you can't just wing it on tech skill alone like some players could in Melee.

- I love to play basketball in my free time, try new foods, travel to places I've never been to before, hang with my close friends, bowling (LOVE it), go to Cedar Point and attempt to ride the Top Thrill Dragster but always wuss out and ride the Millennium Force instead, and go out on no strings dates with girls I already know (not ALWAYS with an ulterior motive though, pervs).

- I attempted traditional 4 year college and it just wasn't for me, so in the meantime I am working a full-time and a part-time job until I figure out what it is I want to strive for.

- Haha, good question. I am a true LeBron James fan and I fully support his decision to go to Miami. He is about to go into his 8th year as one of/the best player in the league and he still doesn't even have his first ring yet, so if he feels he can get it done with Dwayne wade and Chris Bosh at his side, then more power to him. I just want to see him win, he deserves it.

Do you think Peach is where she should be on the tier list? Why or why not?

What is your least favorite match up?

Stitch face or beamsword?

- I believe she is exactly where she belongs. Being right in the middle, to me, signifies the flexibility of our character herself and the difficulty of maintaining a top form of play with her. In essence, she can either be absolutely terrible or simply fantastic, it's all based on the player. Not all characters are fortunate enough to have this trait. As for the future, I highly believe she'll move up because us Peaches have been doing very well lately.

- Falco, I hate that navy spray painted pigeon because he forces me to play in a very limited and uncomfortable fashion. No other character, including Metaknight, annoys me as much.

- BEEEEEEEAAAAAMSWORD! It's so much more flexible and recyclable than the stichface. Peach's range increases, her edgeguarding capabilities become even more fantastic, I instantly feel more comfortable when I pull one of these, hands down. :3

Would you rather Peach ditto or use your Pikachu vs another Peach?
Who is your biggest rival in the tournament scene?
What Peach mains do you believe will become the next set of top Peaches (the previous being Edrees, Kosmos, Excel, and Praxis)?
Is Beef your favorite meat?
If I randomly came to Ohio for something smash related would you house me?
Do you wish Brawl had a light teal dress?
Pan, Club, or Racket?

It depends on the other Peach's style of play. If they're more defensive then I'll ditto them because she can wall Pika very well. For the alternative I'll switch between Peach and Pikachu depending on the stage choice.

- At this point, I'd have to say Blue Rogue. We go pretty much dead even in most of our matches, our win/loss records vs each other are close (forgot the number), and we both consider each other a threat to one another in bracket at every tourney. I'm not sure about his case, but he pushes me to be a better player even though he's not aware of it.

- Good question. I honestly believe it will be myself, Kyon, Silly Kyle, Nicole, and Illmatic if he keeps his current (and fantastic) pace up. We're all doing a great job of repping Peach but I'm also very competitive and will admit that I want to be the "NickRiddle", "Shaky", or "X" of this character and be the one to set a new bar for others to strive for and try to beat.

- Lol no, chicken is.

- Absolutely! ^.^

- Either light teal or mint green, yeah.

- Club. Racket is too situational and I'm not a fan of the pan's range or killpower, but I'll take what I can get I guess.

What is your favorite food?
What's your favorite move with Peach?
Who is the best person you've ever beaten with Peach?
Who have you teamed with that worked well?

- A tie between Spanish rice, Puerto Rican potato salad, and lasagna.

- Float and d-tilt. Without them her spacing options would be too linear and predictable for her to be as good of a character imo.

- A tie between Y.b.M. (although I only took a game, I two stocked him and proceeded to barely lose in a last hit third game, proud of the progress I made against him regardless) and Blue Rogue whom I've beaten more than once.

- I've teamed with Beegs, Quivo, and L_Cancel. All worked out pretty well and I'd be up for teaming with any of them again if they want to.

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a monkey?? (a cute one at that! )

Is there a mid or low tier matchup that has given you trouble in the past or present?

How do you feel about having secondaries for Peach?

Do you plan on going to any other MLG's this year?

What do you think is Peach's best spacing move(s)?

- Haha only Kyon or someone on here I think. Thanks though! xD

- The only one that I could say is Wolf. It's nothing drastic but he does make me a little more cautious and aware than usual because of his slick spacing game.

- I feel fine about it. She's an awesome character but I feel there are some characters that excel more in areas that she does not. I still use her about 95-100% of the time in bracket though, rofl.

- Definitely. MLG Raleigh is my next planned event, but if I decide to go to APEX instead then I'll try to make the next event in Dallas. :3

- A tie between d-tilt/fair (for traditional spacing) and Float (specific to her, but the best spacing tool in the game imo).

This is a list I'd like answered every interview:

Your opinion on the MK match-up?
Is Peach viable alone?
What are your weaknesses as a Peach player?
Why aren't you winning tournaments? What obstacles are in front of that goal?
What does it take to become a the best Peach?
What is your mindset when you play?

Why did you choose your Peach color?
Pan, Club, or Racket?
Bombomb, Beam Sword, or Mr. Saturn?
Your favorite Pokemon?

Who is your all time favorite Peach player?
What do you like most about the Peach boards?
Who is your favorite Peach poster?

How much has smash effected your regular life and was it in a positive or negative way?
What do you do hobby-wise or productive wise to replace smash?

- The MK matchup is ridiculously hard, but also essential in pushing us to improve our game in ways we may have not thought possible before, despite it being winnable or not.

- At this point no, but I place that claim mostly on where we are as a community in terms of collective skill. As we all (or some of us) continue to improve...who knows what could happen. Nick Riddle, Shaky, and X are all proof that barriers can indeed be broken. Can it also be done with Peach? Only time will tell.

- I get cocky and show off in front of large crowds. Sometimes I'll get too caught up in something that I learn and temporarily centralize my game too much on it. Hmm...that's about it honestly. I've learned to work through my previous weaknesses (one of which was quickly triggered frustration from tripping and silly things like that).

- The same as above. I still have issues that hold me back from playing at my absolute best potential and I need to work through them. I'm not perfect against every single important matchup yet (such as Falco/MK) but I believe these are all things that can be overcome so I guess we'll see how I continue to perform in the future.

- I wouldn't know because I'm not there yet. <3 Dedication is definitely a must though.

- "Don't get stuck in autopilot", "don't think, just know" (comes with experience I guess), "Never underestimate anyone", "God Kais!!!".

- I chose my color because white signifies an empty canvass, not stuck to just one color and open to many different possibilities. Flexibility has always been something I admire.

- Club, lol.

- Teh beamsword.

- Flygon! :3

- Praxis. The way we think about this game is very similar and he personally taught me the GnW matchup.

- Well for one it's always active, and I like the people here. Just a cool place to chill in general.

- Some scrub named Metatitan. <3 He's straight to the point on things, isn't too melodramatic, and his posts are enjoyable to read.

- It's honestly affected my life in a positive way. It gives me a sense of drive that I carry over to my other hobbies/responsibilities in life.

- Play sports, always make sure to spend quality time with my family, research random facts about stuff to educate myself, just simple but enjoyable things basically.

Dtilt?

Why...?

Not only does it provide you with a spacing option in itself, but it allows you to shift your spacing distance with numerous other attacks, both ground and air alike. To me that is a sexy batch of usefulness.

Also shieldstabs really well from my experience with it. :3

*Do you read often? What type of books/magazines/news do you enjoy?
*How did you learn to write so well?

Not often but when I do it's usually from articles and archives on the internet. I enjoy reading Gameinformer, Manga, and listening to podcasts/radio news over watching TV news. I feel it's too cluttered with the same pattern of information nowadays: death, destruction, death, more death, HAPPY TOPIC, and back to death.

I write well? I appreciate that but I don't really consider myself to be anything beyond an intermediately verbose person, if that. A lot of what I know is self-educated because I had to endure the useless Cleveland Public School system for years and it never really helped me to be honest. I learned more about proper grammar and writing etiquette from my one year of college than I ever did from the former, lol.

Why do you suck so bad?
Whachu think of europe?
Do you think you are better than Leon?

To give others a chance. Haters gonna hate. <3

I've never been there, but I've always wanted to visit someday. Especially Italy. :3

I wouldn't know. I've seen his videos but I'm not sure how to compare his competition to ours, for better or worse that is. Perhaps if we played in the same tournament some day we could find that answer out.

Why do you disagree with me often or why do I feel like we aren't such good friends? XD just something to say really.

We disagree so much because we have different ideals and different values. That doesn't mean I don't consider you a friend or a nice person, because I do. It's a fact of life that everyone is different in some ways so I try not to ever fault anyone for not agreeing with me. Just remember that friends argue sometimes too lol.

Do you want to get married in the future?

- Absolutely not. I don't believe in marriage, only monogamy.

I think I was the one that said you looked like Diddy first

Did you know that sesame paste and peanut butter together taste mysteriously like the filling of a (ed)reese's peanut butter cup?

What is Ohio like~?

- No I never knew that. I'll have to give it a try though because (ed)reeses cups are awesome.

- Ohio is pretty sleepy imo, especially Cleveland. It's my beloved hometown/state but I'm honestly getting tired of living here. I'm going to try to move to Florida one day because I love the weather and the environment there. I see why LeBron James really ditched this place lol. The Smash community here is great and thriving though, so I have no complaints on that regard.

If you could see yourself maining anyone other than peach, who would it be?
What are three things you would change about peach to make her top tier?

- Probably Pikachu. He's really fun to play as and I have the finger speed to be comfortable with him. He's also a fairly good character to boot.

- Hmm...heighten her kill power, exchange her saturn/sword pulls for just a higher bomb/stitchface ratio, and switch her 'three-in-one' f-smash to a more reliable "you know you're going to get this every time" f-smash like the rest of the cast, preferably the golf club. The randomization element can indeed help her at times but there's too much of a 50-50 trade off in situations where it would suit her better to have a guaranteed type of attack. Add all of that up with what she already has and I believe she would easily be a contender for top tier.

Who was your toughest opponent so far? How do you think your peach fairs against others in the midwest?

Besides you, which player do you think represents God Kais the most?

What is your view on Wifi matches? Do you play them?

What other fighting games do you play? (if any)

Why is quivo awesome?

- Mew2King, hands down. No other player I've ever played even compares.
- I'd say I stack up well against the rest of the Midwest, or at least the MW:E since I most frequently play them. I've taken games off of people like Anther, Lain, Kel, Y.b.M., AlphaZealot, Quivo, Krystedez etc. and have defeated people like Blue Rogue, Nope, Fonz, Lou, etc. I continue to improve as time goes by so I believe I can do some more damage in the near future.
- As for how I stack up against the other Peaches in the Midwest, here's the honest truth: I believe I am even with Mikey as far as overall results go. Nicole is also an incredible Peach (I've seen it firsthand) and does damage in her area of the MW as well, so she's also up there imo. I always root for the other Peaches in the MW that I didn't mention, but they honestly need to step it up on their results. I don't give credit easily, for better or for worse.

- Y.b.M. mostly. He's the God Kai of all God Kais and reps this crew hard no matter what.

- I don't like Wifi matches all that much, but I do play them against top players and people who I know have good connections/can provide good practice.

- I play SSFIV/Guilty Gear AC casually, and I'm trying to get into competitive Tekken but it's not a walk in the park to get into a whole new formula of gameplay, lol.

- Because he's mutha****in Quivo, son! And he's a God Kai. ;D

How did you get over your plateaus?

You've gotten a bit discouraged with Peach from time to time over your career. What made you confident with her again?

Why don't you grow your hair out?

Are you ever going to travel to the MW:W and fight our scary Kansas players and our less scary Missouri players?

- With hard work and loyalty to learning my character to the fullest, but I admit I still have a lot to learn and a lot to overcome: my issues against MK (we all have them at some point), holding myself back from showing off in front of crowds and playing smarter like I usually do, and above all else...my remaining competition who I have yet to beat in a set. It's one of my goals to beat everyone around me and then some, otherwise my improvement doesn't mean squat.

- Well for one thing...winning my most recent tournament sparked my confidence back up. I've been placing top 8/top 4 consistently for a while now, with a couple of oddball 9th places on the side. It's not my placings that got to me over and over again, I'm content with those right now because I know I can keep it up; it was my inability to overcome some of my mental blocks for a while against select players and select characters no matter what I studied and what I tried. I still have mental blocks to this day but they're not as bad and I feel I can actually work past them now.
Blue Rogue was one of my main obstacles, he and I had gone even for a while back in Fall 2009 (each taking sets off one another), then out of nowhere he had switched his game up so drastically that I was mentally unprepared for it, which led to him keeping me "in check" for about 5-6 months. My confidence started to rapidly decline because I couldn't even beat a top player of my favorite matchup whom I've beaten before and it just became a snowball effect of pessimism for a while. Then on June 26th something snapped and I just started reading him better than I ever have before, I beat him in Winners Finals and again in Grand Finals (including a win on FD vs his Ice Climbers; that took mad patience lol). After all of that I feel better about my Peach than ever before. :3

- I love the wash-n-go short crop hairstyle, and I hate bed head with a passion.

- You know it! I've been wanting to see how I stack up against the rest of MW:W for a long while now. I'll try to make it over there as soon as I can, but I'll need housing. <3

You lack of blazblue in your 2-D fighting games you play =( WHYYYY (PS Bang is amazing in the next game)

Coming to OUGA this AUG 20th =D ??? Could give you a ride down if you can head to my place first

and for more serious questions

When playing characters like marth , How do you keep your head cool for what as been "accepted" as unwinnable MUs when they are preforming tasks that normally shut out your character and you can literally call out what there next move is ???

When getting bracket ****ed like the one time you had to vs m2k round 1 at Nopes and m2k again in round 2 at MLG , what is your mind set for playing the match or do you plan on just looking at the losers bracket and start making your strategy from there

Nope, I'll either be going to APEX or MLG Raleigh so I won't have the money or the time to go to OUGA, sorry. xD

Interview related

- Simple, for characters that play in such a fashion (Marth, DDD, etc.) I aim to fake them out, get them to flinch, and attack those created openings. Peach can actually contend with Marth fairly well if she's not stupidly in the air all the time. A healthy use of turnips, bair, nair, and stutter stepped f-smashes make the matchup a lot more bearable. I also find Marth to be a relatively easy character to edgeguard/gimp. So yeah I usually keep a cool head against all Marths, DDDs, etc. Against MK...kind of, if I'm playing well that is.

- I always aim to win no matter who I play even if it's M2K. Although I've been known to step it up immensely when I'm in the losers bracket...I absolutely hate being there, especially early on in a tournament.

You've recently picked up Pikachu from what you've told me; are you going to be using him a lot more to get serious with him or do you think co-maining him would hinder your Peach?

Also paper or plastic?

Yeah I'm making an attempt to. I feel naturally better against the MK matchup with him than I do with Peach, so I'm aiming to build on it and see what happens. No, co-maining Pikachu will not hinder my skills with Peach lol. How should I put it...once I got everything down with her it's like riding a bike, hard to forget and easy to pick right back up.

- Plastic for sure. We're hurting the environment either way so I might as well go for the more useful product.

What is the best advice you would give anyone learning peach?

- Always be open minded. I see too many people around the boards with concrete "this works, this doesn't work, and that's absolutely it" mindsets, and in my opinion that can hinder a player's development if they're aiming for the top. Our character is too versatile for one to not consider all of the possibilities of what she can do in many situations, which is why most, if not all Peach mains have differently crafted styles.

So yeah, anyone learning Peach out there: don't be afraid to ask more than one Peach player some questions, gather different perspectives and opinions on matchups and see what works for you, and embrace both the character's strengths and flaws in order to formulate a playstyle that is effective and comfortable enough for you. After all, there's no use in trying to improve at beating other characters if you don't know your own well enough.

Will we ever get to play?

cleveland sucks, but why do we still love this city?

have you ever gone swimming w/ the algae of lake Erie?

- If you finally come to at least a local tournament then yes.

- Out of hope that one day it will not be as pathetic as Detroit. We're getting there though.

- No, and I never will. Bleh... xP

Is King Beef just an alias for your secret identity Burger King? Please answer honestly it means the world to me

- LOL no it's not, although I do love Burger King enough to the point where I would have done it for that reason as well. It also does not reference the massive sea serpent lurking in my pants. How long have you pondered this, btw? xD

Metatitan

Smash Master
A nomination is a nomination; the list to vote for is broad. They can main peach, use peach seriously, or be a part of the peach community. Too many possible candidates to list.

Nicole

Smash Champion
heh, edreese seems to be first up.

my questions for him:

why did you quit playing brawl?
will you ever start playing again?

Moozle

Smash Champion
What's your favorite thing about Peach?

Who is your hardest matchup? If it's MK, who is the second hardest for you?

What is your favorite band?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What was your first tournament experience like? Did you enjoy it?

How do you Non-Smash friends react to the part of your Smash lifestyle? (Or at least before you retired)

In your opinion, is Peach as a character viable to win tournaments?

Where'd your username come from?

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
How patient are you in matches?

How much has smash effected your regular life and was it in a positive or negative way?

If you were a furry what species would your fursona [furry persona] be and why? (sorry had to ask and will ask everyone this XD)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Peach or ZSS?

Who has been your toughest opponent throughout your Smash career?

Favorite food?

What celebrities do you have the hots for?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Are you ever gonna log into SWF again and realize there's a ton of questions waiting for you?

What current Peach mains do you believe have the potential to be the future leaders in her metagame?

What is your opinion on the marth MU?

On the MK MU?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
When are we hanging out again?

Why are we so cool?

Why don't I just call you?

WHY AM I POSTING HERE?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Okay I'm FINALLY here. I'll start answering questions! Sorry, I have been virtually away from the internet for a week and a half.

heh, edreese seems to be first up.

my questions for him:

why did you quit playing brawl?
will you ever start playing again?
I mainly quit because I ran out of free time. I wanted to use it to do other things on weekends. I was able to play melee because typical tournaments ended at 5pm, and it would be fine to go to big tournaments once every two months and spend the whole weekend. Brawl is a much larger weekend time investment so I just can't do it. Also I had more passion for Melee in general, because I like Melee bigger and also I was also younger and had more attention span for it. I can't say for certain I won't start playing again but it's not likely. I still show up to tournaments once in awhile.

What's your favorite thing about Peach?

Who is your hardest matchup? If it's MK, who is the second hardest for you?

What is your favorite band?
1 - My favorite thing is her look. It's just freakin hilarious to kick *** using such a cartoony looking Princess. This was why I started using her in Mario Kart SNES and all Nintendo games where she was playable.

2- Hardest matchup is MK I guess. But discluding him I would say Snake. I don't think it's Peachest 2nd hardest, but I my spacing doesn't come in as handy versus snake and backfires sometimes, and I rely on spacing alone to win against many players, so I can get frustrated in the matchup when I shouldn't be.

3- My favorite rock band is either Muse or Incubus. I'm a huge John mayer fan but he's not really a band. He's definitely my top musician though. I'm a huge fan of talented guitarists like steve ray vaughan, eric clapton, les paul, etc.

Who is your all time favorite Peach player.

What do you like most about Peach boards?

Dare I ask.... WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE PEACH POSTER HERE?! :p

What do you think of the Pokemon Chansey?
My all time favorite Peach player NOW is Armada. It used to be Mikael from Japan. I guess my favorite Brawl peach is me LOL.

I like the Peach boards because everyone is really nice and there's a strong sense of community here. Also it's hilarious.

My favorite poster right now is Kbizzle. I think he's got a lot of useful stuff to post and he has no BS in his posts. My favorite poster that ever posted here? Dunno, probably NikoK. Always entertaining hahaha.

What was your first tournament experience like? Did you enjoy it?

How do you Non-Smash friends react to the part of your Smash lifestyle? (Or at least before you retired)

In your opinion, is Peach as a character viable to win tournaments?

Where'd your username come from?
First tournament experience was Manacloud's Bday tourney in early 2005. everyone was eating pizza before the tourney and I got to play ken in some friendlies and get destroyed. I went 0-2 against Hugo and then 1-2 against some marth player, I was happy just to take a match off by downsmashing my way to victory. Non -smash friends are surprised to find out I have traveled across the nation, they can't believe it. Most of my close friends already knew me when I did all that so they were there while I did it, but new friends are shocked.

Peach is viable to win small and medium sized tournies on her down. She is viable to win national's if you use a high tier secondary to take care of certain matchups and playstyles once in awhile. I believe it is 100% impossible to win a national going solo peach though. Going 85% Peach, yes I believe it's certaintly possible. HOWEVER this is the current metagame. I have faith that more can be discovered to propel her higher.

My username was my 1st screen name i made in 7th grade. Edrees i my name, and i love reesespieces peanut butter cups. I love puns so whaalah. I got my sense of humor reading spiderman comic books, he'd always make puns, and I thought I was so cool being like spiderman. I guess it stuck for my entire life.

How patient are you in matches?

If you were a furry what species would your fursona [furry persona] be and why? (sorry had to ask and will ask everyone this XD)
I'm pretty patient against most characters, but I lose my patience against lucario and snake for some reason. I'm not super patient but I'm not super aggressive either. I think i'm in the middle ground. Smash effected my regular life bigtime, it helped me pay through college expenses..hahah. Also made a lot of friends that I don't see as smash friends anymore, they are friends I hang out with normally.

I played smash way less ever since I picked up guitar and started learning Japanese. these eat up the time i used to make for smash. And the type of furry i'd be is the one that dresses up like normal people and gets a lot of hot chicks that don't have tails and aren't furries. that's the furry i'd be.

Will you ever hook up with Silly Kyle?
Nope! I love me my womenz. Silly kyle seems nice though and I wouldn't mind being friends if i were to meet him. I have no ounce of homophobia.

What does it take to become a top player?

What is your mindset when you play?
Experience, perseverance, and patience. When I play my mindset is that my character sucks so I need to outplay my opponent by 5 to 1 to win the match. When I mentally create a scenario in my head that my back is against the wall and I'm at a disadvantage, I try harder and my adrenaline flows to win. If I think i'm supposed to win or I'm at an advantage, I won't play my best, so I always mentally make myself to be the underdog. Usually if i lose a set to someone I'm not supposed to it means I did see myself as the favorite, so i try to avoid that.

oh...also, what's your favorite lady gaga song?
Paparazzi, but bad romance is close. Love Lady Gaga!

Peach or ZSS?

Who has been your toughest opponent throughout your Smash career?

Favorite food?

What celebrities do you have the hots for?
Peach. ZSS is pretty fun too though. Toughest opponent in melee was Mew2King, (I knew Ken's style since i played with him a lot so it wasn't as bad) though the player i've lost the most amount of sets to Melee and brawl has been DSF. i'm like 3 and 25 against him or something along those lines melee + brawl. 4 and 25 if you include low tier LOL.

Favorite food is sushi and/or afghan food. It's a tie. celebs i have the hots for are alicia keys, hwang mi hee, and scarlett johanssen. Not much of a celebrity chaser though!

Do you think peach can win a large scale tournament.
Answered above!

When are we hanging out again?

Why are we so cool?

Why don't I just call you?

WHY AM I POSTING HERE?
IM SO SORRY THAT WE HAVEN"T HUNG OUT IN SO LONG! Yeah why DONT you just call me? We are so cool because we placed 17th going all double peach in the most competitive melee tournament before Brawl came out.

And WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE?

Whew, finally done.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
OH whoops. Let me answer.

What do I think of the Pokemon Chansey?

I think she's a cheater. Everytime I get her pokeball she gives me useless items, but when other people get her they get awesome stuff. That's my only experiences of Chansey since the only time I played a pokemon game was pokemon blue when it first came out, and got bored after about 30 minutes of the battle system. I can see why people like it, but I'm not big on turn based RPGs unless they have some really likable characters which pokemon didn't have IMO.

BTW I'm very touched that you guys chose me even though I'm rarely around these parts anymore. Love you guys!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach is viable to win small and medium sized tournies on her down.
:bee:

She is viable to win national's if you use a high tier secondary to take care of certain matchups and playstyles once in awhile.
:(

I believe it is 100% impossible to win a national going solo peach though.
:crying:

:cry:

Going 85% Peach, yes I believe it's certaintly possible. HOWEVER this is the current metagame. I have faith that more can be discovered to propel her higher.
Well, time to main MK

LOL JK I don't go to tourneys

Any specific match ups you feel really really cripple her? Are they unwinnable or just very difficult?
I'm interested to hear you think there's more to be found from Peach, I personally can't see much else happening with her minus people playing more effectivly with her or we find a method of pulling up Bob-ombs consistantly :lick:

/foolishnontourneyexperienceoptimism

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh cool, really nice idea to Metatian and very interesting stuff Edreese, although I disagree with you on the national thing.

Sooooo who's up next?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I would like to vote for White Peach, KB, or Praxis.

Metatitan

Smash Master
All right then, I'll get Edrees' interview up on the front page. Edrees, if you ever feel like answering unanswered questions, feel free to answer them; I'll edit them into the front page. Let's start a new vote, the due date will be say sunday at noon?

I'll start out. I vote for Praxis. And no ______ or ______, a single person vote please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom