• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+ Get Pimpslapped!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I keep hearing about her awesome combo ability, but what exactly makes her sooooo 'godly' with combos in Brawl+?
Combo'ing with Peach is very easy but still super effective!

How to combo with Peach:

1. Perform a move. Preferably:
Dair
Nair
Bair
Uair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dthrow
Jab

and sometimes:
Uthrow
Fair
SideB
DownB
Dsmash

2. Watch where you opponent is going/ DI'ing.
3. Hit him again.
4. And again.
5. And again.
192. KO

My strategy ;p

Just watch and hit ;p

About Match-ups

I dont know, it's probably me, but I think Peach's match-ups are actually very good. I can combo Marth EASILY. He's not that hard actually.
Fox doesn't look so hard either. And Falcon... I don't know about him, but I also have a positive attitude against this match-up.

The only bad match-up I can think of is Meta Knight. That b*tch.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You guys need to see from the enemy's perspective as well. You talk about how godly Peach is, but remember that all the characters have improved as well lol. They can do some sick stuff to Peach.

Metatitan

Smash Master
with jiggs i find peach has the advantage on the stage, and jiggs will just WoP ur **** offstage. but i havent played a real b+ peach player and this is just based on brawl/melee observations, so we shall see

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Arrrrg. Ok so most people at the tournament didn't want their matches recorded.(which makes no sense to me) Also i did horrible lol. I do have a few good matches though however i gave my camera to my mom so she can record and take pics of my brother's prom. Once i get my camera back i will upload them. Hopefully Apex which will be a much bigger brawl+ tournament people actually will allow their matches to be saved. lol

O and one more thing. PIKA ***** PEACH!! (or maybe pika just ***** my peach. Idk. lol)

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
It's always like that.

Or everyone sucks at B+ because its their first time.

The only good consecutive B+ matches I had were a 2 dollar money match, 3/5 which went on for 5 matches, and I forgot to record ALL OF IT.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
Arrrrg. Ok so most people at the tournament didn't want their matches recorded.(which makes no sense to me) Also i did horrible lol. I do have a few good matches though however i gave my camera to my mom so she can record and take pics of my brother's prom. Once i get my camera back i will upload them. Hopefully Apex which will be a much bigger brawl+ tournament people actually will allow their matches to be saved. lol

O and one more thing. PIKA ***** PEACH!! (or maybe pika just ***** my peach. Idk. lol)
Why does Pika **** Peach? D:

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute.
Do the changes come automatically, or does everyone have to manualy insert each thing they want to change?
Everything is manual. Each time a new addition to the codeset is released, just put it in with everything else.

Almas

Smash Lord
The only changes that are currently being considered for Peach are reducing the luck element of her turnips, and buffing her backwards grab range whilst in the umbrella animation. As far as I am aware, no changes have been made to her in Shanus' "4.1" codeset.

Personally, I think both are fine, and that Peach is just dandy. I've played her a little more recently: instant floats are actually surprisingly useful if you manage to get inside someone. If the opponent messes up you can sometimes luckily land two of Nair or Bair's hitboxes.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
The only changes that are currently being considered for Peach are reducing the luck element of her turnips, and buffing her backwards grab range whilst in the umbrella animation. As far as I am aware, no changes have been made to her in Shanus' "4.1" codeset.

Personally, I think both are fine, and that Peach is just dandy. I've played her a little more recently: instant floats are actually surprisingly useful if you manage to get inside someone. If the opponent messes up you can sometimes luckily land two of Nair or Bair's hitboxes.
Why reduce the luck element? :(

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Everything is manual. Each time a new addition to the codeset is released, just put it in with everything else.
So everything is manual, how is everyone playing the same Brawl+?

The only changes that are currently being considered for Peach are reducing the luck element of her turnips.
What?! That's crazy!! She has a hard enough time killing as it is! If you change anything it should be something to raise her KO potential.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
So everything is manual, how is everyone playing the same Brawl+?

What?! That's crazy!! She has a hard enough time killing as it is! If you change anything it should be something to raise her KO potential.
Most people are using the codeset from the plussery.
Thats the 4.0 currently.

Roxas215

Smash Lord

Why in the hell would u reduce her luck elements when dedede has a MUCH greater chance of throwing gordos and they can actually KILL.

Seriously im not lying i play my friend TUSM daily and he throws 4-7 gordos A MATCH. I may get 1 stitch face every 2 matches and then i have to make sure i land it. Also i pluck turnips WAY more then he throw waddle doo' sDedede can randomly throw a gordo at anytime and it can kill u. Seriously DO NOT change anything about her luck elements. She needs them. I always said she don't need any buffs because she is a solid char but if anything we should be trying to buff her ko power not nerf her. Like wth? Who thought of that?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only thing I could see Peach immediately wanting is a higher aerial jump which got even worse with higher gravity. Other than that, she feels fine as it is.

The Cape

Smash Master
If we can get a working item modifier code I would like to see her turnips reworked a bit (more KB on stitch, etc).

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
using d-smash near the edge of the stage while the opponent is recovering from below can stage spike them.

also if you insta-float nair and hit their shield just jab->grab

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
What does everyone think of Uair in brawl+? I'm trying to use it more often but I can't land it consistently.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The only thing I could see Peach immediately wanting is a higher aerial jump which got even worse with higher gravity. Other than that, she feels fine as it is.
I agree with this, now with the higher hitstun Peach's second jump is actually needed to keep the combo strings. In Brawl it has its uses and the second jump isn't necessarily needed, in Brawl+ however, I don't think you can even drop and grab the ledge automatically anymore.

Metatitan

Smash Master
i think she got pretty buffed when it comes to shield pressure, and she was good at that in vbrawl

i like the normal fair to slap on the shield or simply raining down on them with a ground canceled dair to down smash, totally eats up their shield ^^

Roxas215

Smash Lord
i think she got pretty buffed when it comes to shield pressure, and she was good at that in vbrawl

i like the normal fair to slap on the shield or simply raining down on them with a ground canceled dair to down smash, totally eats up their shield ^^
Yea her sheildattack game is great but she was also good at this in vbrawl which is why i didn't list it as her biggest buff.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Philly, I think you should remake the OP.
Like make a changes list, combo list, overview of her in Brawl+, where she stands compared to the other characters, bigger video section, etc..
I am. I've just been so busy this week. Finals,My brother's prom,My cousin bday. I got a guide in progress im just waiting til i get it at least decent before i post it.

Anyway i guess we can start talking about matchups. Who do we want to discuss 1st?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Has any of her hardest match ups (Marth, etc) changed in her favor?
No marth still ***** her. Even more so now with the added hitstun combine with her slow fall speed.

Also my sd slot on my wii just broke as well. No brawl+ for me til i somehow get this fixed(and i cant send my wii to nintendo because they will remove homebrew)

Arrg.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you guys think her biggest buff/ nerf was in the transition?
With hitstun, her moves actually rack up damage pretty quickly. Uthrow sets up for aerials on pretty much anyone for damage.

Fall speed hit her something fierce, and her vertical recovery sucks a lot because of it. Don't even think about using Toad off the edge, or doing much of anything off the edge.

Metatitan

Smash Master
the marth matchup should have gotten a lot better for peach. i know it got a lot better for jiggs, its just something u have to learn. be patient as hell, peach is as good at ledgeguarding as jiggs, she just doesnt have rest ;o.

Top Bottom