• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+ Get Pimpslapped!

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Also, something that would be nice to see implemented in future updates would be making Peach's fsmash not random. Like, mabey it could just follow the pattern: frying pan, tennis racket, golf club. That would be cool. And yes, I know this isn't neccessary but it would be nice to have ;)

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Well, for airdodges:

1) Everyone's air dodge has 7 frames less of invincibility except for Peach.
2) Everyone's air dodge has 2 frames more of cool-down, except for Peach's which was slightly buffed to compensate for differences.

So while I don't think Peach's air dodge has really recieved that much of a buff (I haven't played a version with these changes yet, will on the weekend), everyone else's air dodge was nerfed. This is cool because Peach air dodges less than a vast majority of the cast. This also allows her to hit through air dodges even better than she could before (with nair's/bair's long lasting hitboxes)

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, on to matchups...

I'd like to explore Peach's matchups with the "top ten" characters of b+ (although just nine I guess because I honestly believe shes in top 10). The thing is that I'm not positive who these characters are so I'll list some that I hear commonly:

Marth: 40-60 Marth advantage imo

Meta Knight: MK advantage (not sure on numbers but its at least better than regular brawl)

Falco: 60-40 Peach advantage in b+ imo

Fox: 60-40 Peach advantage in b+ imo

Snake: ??? (way easier than regular brawl, possible peach advantage, might be even)

C. Falcon?: Peach advantage (definately but i'm not sure of the numbers)

R.O.B.? (some say hes top tier, idk): Peach advantage for SURE, I've discussed this with many people, not sure on numbers but its very bad for R.O.B.

Anyway, would anyone like to share their opinions on these matchups?

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
The matchup with Captain Falcon seems to give me trouble, not sure why.
Maybe its cuz who I'm playing, or I'm doing it wayyy wrong.
:/

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I know we aren't supposed to really discuss buffs and stuff here, but an auto-canceled parasol like the one in Melee would hopefully give Peach a fun tool to work with. :]

Also, for relevance sake, I love ground-canceled, low-float nairs. They pop out so fast you're like 'woah'.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
I know we aren't supposed to really discuss buffs and stuff here, but an auto-canceled parasol like the one in Melee would hopefully give Peach a fun tool to work with. :]

Also, for relevance sake, I love ground-canceled, low-float nairs. They pop out so fast you're like 'woah'.
Oh my god LOL I love those. I've worked on these (I could also pilar in melee) a lot and sometimes my friend blinks and hes like, "what happened?" LOL. Also, you can chain three of these together at 0 on a bunch of people. Also combos into dash attack/grab depending on DI...or glide toss.

Anyway, does everyone agree on my matchups? I THINK they're accurate but its not like I have as much knowledge in b+ as I do with regular brawl (yet)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Some say that Sheik and Pikachu are top 10 too.

I think Sheik is a 60-40, though it could also be 50-50 or 55-45.

But I have no idea about Pikachu. I think it's just a 50-50.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Holy ****!
I just got Brawl+ and Peach is so much fun! Nair pillars are so awesome, her Tennis Racket is so awesome because of the added hitstun (not to mention it sweetspotted).

Wow.. just wow. Brawl+ should definately replace regular Brawl.

shanus

Smash Hero
Peach is getting a little love in the next nightly.

Expect a little more potency on fair, the first hit of downsmash is a little stronger so that people can't immediately SDI out (can edgeguard okay too), and her dair (last two hitboxes) have less KBG to allow it to string into combos better.

Hope you enjoy :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Peach is getting a little love in the next nightly.

Expect a little more potency on fair, the first hit of downsmash is a little stronger so that people can't immediately SDI out (can edgeguard okay too), and her dair (last two hitboxes) have less KBG to allow it to string into combos better.

Hope you enjoy :)
Sounds awesome!

Is there a thread where I can see what buffs/nerfs each character got?

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
haha while I would love to see her melee fthrow (which is the only request Peach mains even seem to have right now), its not like she needs it at all. She considered top tier in + by many.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
On another note:

What does everyone think about the Peach buffs in the last nightly build? I feel like the dsmash buff was cool (so now you can't just sdi out and punish) but the fair/dair buffs were completely unneccesary. I mean, I'm not complaining it just seemed unneccesary.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Dair buff is eh. turnipdaisy really didnt take advantage of it.

Fair was buffed? really? I hadn't noticed. Maybe I just DI'd horribly against the old fair, but DI alot better against the new fair. Rofl.

The dsmash buff is annoyingly ******** on the recieving end. It rivals it's melee counter part, and considering the fact, it sends in the opposite direction peach is facing and it has a low angle, it semi spikes so well at the edge its annoying as hell.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Rivals != Copy

Its really similar now. Its not broken or anything, but auuugh the angle is what bugs me the most. It sends past peach and gives her plenty of time for a gimp or edgehog if you go over the edge.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It rivals it's melee counter part,
Melee dsmash still is much better
and considering the fact, it sends in the opposite direction peach is facing and it has a low angle, it semi spikes so well at the edge its annoying as hell
What makes the reverse direction so much better when you can reverse grab? This was the biggest problem I faced in melee.

The only thing I don't like about the dsmash is that at high percents, only the first hitbox hits. I am pretty sure that at least two hitboxes hit without DI but I'm so tired right now I'm not sure. I think the first and 3rd hitboxes needs to be all base and no scaling

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I never said the new dsmash was better. I just said it rivals. .__.

And I didnt say anything about the reverse direction being better.

wtf.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Does Peach's 2 frame advantage on sheilds with Fair still apply in Brawl+?
Her Fair feels not as powerful to me as it did in regular Brawl, probably because I always had to save it. My main kill move is Fsmash now, the no decay really helped this move a lot.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
We doubled shield stun and added some 3 or 4 frames... meaning peach's frame advantage should be considerably larger now.....................

Oh frick I do not want to buff peach's fthrow now.

We cant change throws right now anyways. We dont have a code for it.
Not quite true. Apparently, by making a throw have the hit ID 07 causes it to be editable. But, when you edit the throw, it causes the grab release animation to activate, instead of the throw animation looking very awkward for some throws. There's also the problem that some throws are "locked in" with each other and if you edit one they will both act identically.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Does Peach's 2 frame advantage on sheilds with Fair still apply in Brawl+?
Her Fair feels not as powerful to me as it did in regular Brawl, probably because I always had to save it. My main kill move is Fsmash now, the no decay really helped this move a lot.
Peach's frame advantage is logically considerably better than it used to be. In addition, fair got a buff (i'm not sure why?) but her fair is better than regular Brawl fair even without the buff since there are no stale moves and it has no lag now....at all....

Top Bottom