• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Yes, MacD? Have you something more pointed to say? I'm not sure what you're trying to convey but it would seem that you would like to do so. Please proceed.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
As to the first, I pointedly disagree with you, but it doesn't bother me to refrain. In regards to your second qualm, I find Kage amusing and interesting, I will engage with him as I please. For the third and final matter, don't presume to believe that I'm anything but relaxed. I'm a calm person by nature. Finally, thank you for your clarification.

John, I'm guessing it's the former.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mulan was a splendid movie. The times when you could watch a Disney movie and smile.

MacD

Banned via Administration
you needed to post sooner alan

and alas, i don't even know what pedanticism means though i can guess from context clues

... but now i looked it up and meh, i'm confused again

well i get the word i just am not sure who it's referring to... i think

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It seems silly to NOT default the argument to consensual sex.

Of course even in the event of non-consensual sex, SOMEONE is still gaining something from the sex. I think thats where the basis of the argument lies, that someone will need or gain something from sex.

More importantly, what exactly about the concept do you disagree with?
my major issue with the concept is that it is way way to broad. i mean u could pretty much just say that a person will always get something out of everything. so its such a broad concept that the only possible counter is to talk about someone who is not even cognizant of a experience. So i guess what i am saying is such a broad statement covers so much it itself becomes meaningless

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Pedantism is annoying, guess you can call it a pet peeve of mine.

The desperation stems from like ALL of sillykyle's posts.

MacD

ok guys

i have some photos courtesy of vanz.... well it was his idea and he found the background pic, i did the rest

here is little crush

and there is big crush

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of words people have to look up, is anyone else familiar with Save the Words? One can find all sorts of words that are being removed from the OED because of disuse. I've found some good ones. I'm particularly fond of "sevidical" and "obacerate." Just figured I'd share.

john!

Smash Hero
Speaking of words people have to look up, is anyone else familiar with Save the Words? One can find all sorts of words that are being removed from the OED because of disuse. I've found some good ones. I'm particularly fond of "sevidical" and "obacerate." Just figured I'd share.
words can DIE of neglect? that's really sad actually :(:( poor words, i'll give you a home even if mean old oxford doesn't want you anymore

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I remember coming across a few words that I didn't think should be evicted, but "avuncular" is the only one I'm able to think of off the top of my head. But otherwise, yes, you can "adopt" words and pledge to use them in any medium at all so as to prevent them from being removed. I'm not sure how successful this has been, but I'm all in anyway. I <3 words.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I like words a ton, too. I don't want to see some go, in favor of the vernacular of today. I'll keep those and more in mind.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't care if some obscure words get "removed" from the language.

So long as they still have meaning to someone they're still words.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As to the first, I pointedly disagree with you, but it doesn't bother me to refrain. In regards to your second qualm, I find Kage amusing and interesting, I will engage with him as I please. For the third and final matter, don't presume to believe that I'm anything but relaxed. I'm a calm person by nature. Finally, thank you for your clarification.

John, I'm guessing it's the former.
As you please huh? Ok if you REALLY want to, then I can respect that. I mean it is also something I do and that people should be doing more often. =P It seems that only MacD says ewwww to me. lmao

Kage!! You should grow your hair out again <3
Hmm.. I actually prefer it shaved atm. =P

MacD

As you please huh? Ok if you REALLY want to, then I can respect that. I mean it is also something I do and that people should be doing more often. =P It seems that only MacD says ewwww to me. lmao
the ewwww was more directed at his statement that was disgusting and made no sense

but i know a few more people here who don't/won't fawn all over you.

should try to keep your ego in check good sir. don't want your head to get any bigger

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
idk why people would fawn all over him.

Then again I don't actually know what he looks like, so w/e.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
idk why people would fawn all over him.

Then again I don't actually know what he looks like, so w/e.
Why? Umm.. well I can't really say, if being myself is awesome then all the better for me. It's not like I think lower or more highly of myself because of this.

the ewwww was more directed at his statement that was disgusting and made no sense

but i know a few more people here who don't/won't fawn all over you.

should try to keep your ego in check good sir. don't want your head to get any bigger
I know.. I think generally my ego is in check but I still use to joke around. =P

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
MacD, what do you have against Ambix? He seems fairly cool...

EDIT: Also guys, I'm fairly sure Kage is JUST joking around. Most of the time, anyways. I can see it, anyways.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's more I've never actually met you Kage, so all I know of you is how you are on the forums. And it's nothing really to fawn over, but I can definitely respect your personality in general, even if sometimes you are a bit egoistic.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Kage is delightfully amusing. I like that he says what he wants and will defend it. Iron and silk!

MacD, I would like to publicly apologize for having offended your sensibilities. It was not my intention. I had a lapse in judgement that seemed to have resulted in you being upset. My only explanation is that I have not had to interact with people who don't already know me that I have forgotten how some people respond to what I say. Shall we move on?

I agree with Shrouded. But I pretty much live for what amuses me.

Also, 这里有会说中文的人吗?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's more I've never actually met you Kage, so all I know of you is how you are on the forums. And it's nothing really to fawn over, but I can definitely respect your personality in general, even if sometimes you are a bit egoistic.
I agree and I think it's also needed to be confident in yourself if you want to perform at 100%. That's all I want to show in the forums. =)

And also I definitely know I cannot please everyone. lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ok guys

i have some photos courtesy of vanz.... well it was his idea and he found the background pic, i did the rest

here is little crush

and there is big crush

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

EDIT: Also guys, I'm fairly sure Kage is JUST joking around. Most of the time, anyways. I can see it, anyways.
Man, I know the Ambix story. You do NOT want to get him started on it.
MacD is totally justified though.
-DD

MacD

I know.. I think generally my ego is in check but I still use to joke around. =P
DA WARRIOR IS MAKING JOKES?!?!?!?!!?!?

DOESN'T THAT GO AGAINST THE WARRIOR CODE????

dun even worry bout it

MacD, I would like to publicly apologize for having offended your sensibilities. It was not my intention. I had a lapse in judgement that seemed to have resulted in you being upset. My only explanation is that I have not had to interact with people who don't already know me that I have forgotten how some people respond to what I say. Shall we move on?
..... LOOOL, who are you

this guy, i don't even understand

Man, I know the Ambix story. You do NOT want to get him started on it.
MacD is totally justified though.
-DD
<33333333333333333333333333333333

Top Bottom