• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pat's House! (San Diego, CA) 11/14-15/09 GO TO RESULT THREAD INSTEAD PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun.

Smash Lord
wait its really gonna be hosted at UCSD price center ball room?

sheehan can you confirm this? if so.... its like wintergamefest 2 years ago again!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
psssh who the hell calls me by my last name on the boards haha. the ballroom isn't confirmed yet, i'm talking with SCTC and administrations about putting down a deposit. We have 100% availability to the lodge, so that's a nice fall back in case the ballroom doesn't go through. We'd also likely only use 1 ballroom. Hopes are high though, i'll keep everyone posted on the venue.

Charoo

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243476

Hey everyone! I need your guys help. So it seems like a lot of players from oos and Norcal are planning to fly to this tournament. So, I am making this thread so that people can post that they need or that they can provide housing/transportation. I'll then be able to help everyone accordingly.

Here's the information you need to put

Name:
Provide or Need Housing:
Provide or Need: Transportation:
how many people can you accommodate:
Date/Time of Arrival and where:
Date/Time of Departure and where:
Contact (AIM, Cell Phone recommended, etc.):

Even if you can only pick up people and not house them, post it here and I'll be able to guide you to where to drop them off. There will be people who can house them, but not be able to drive.

Housing Provided:

Havok in San Diego
Can house a lot of people at his house if needed. Is a TO and regular host tournament in SD area.

MidWest House in Long Beach
Will probably only be available on Thursday 11/12 and Sunday 11/15. People will be transport from the Midwest house to Havok's house during the tourney days.

Tranporstation provided:

Hall in San Diego
He's very nice and have agree to help me out yay! He'll be able to drive people from Havok's house to the venue and vice versa. He'll also be able to pick up people at the airport too. People who are staying at Havok's house will get first priority

Jmex in Compton
Jmex gets off work at around 7pm right next to LAX. He's a good friend of mine nad have agree to help me pick up smashers that are coming in from the LAX airport and take them to the midwest house or wherever they are planning to stay. The midwest house people get first priority of course. I don't care if your flight will arrive at 3pm or something, he will only pick people up at 7pm. Just wait for it him to arrive and everything will be ok. He'll also be dropping off smashers at the LAX airport in the morning around 8am too.

If you would like to house/give ride to people then please post here! It will really really help a lot of people and make more OOS people attend this tournament.

Hotel information:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1298129

Worker's page
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c...dsearch&availCheckCaching=n&_requestid=381508
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c...c=DCE-_-FF-_-20090304-_-EM161920&PID=1225267&
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c...mc=DCE-_-FF-_-20090226-_-AM15256&PID=1225267&

I have use this before for my road trip across USA last summer. Pretty much, you are using a worker's discount to make the hotel cheaper. It's approximately 60 bucks a day using this. I'll try to find more deal for you guys though. Just follow the the instruction and you'll be fine. Also, click on rate on the search by menu at the end so it'll rank from cheapest to highest price.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
what the... ****...

how did i just find out about this?! i saw the venue pictures and i jizzed-in-my-pants.

pat, you're awesome. wobble me in bed please =)

SO coming to this.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
price center ballroom? sounds sick. train with me before hand Azn_Lep, i need that ice climbers practice. i just played more UCSD smashers today, the community is growiingg

joeplicate

Smash Master
LHG if I ever meet you, even though it doesn't match your name

I'm gonna call you "large hadron collider"
even if you say to stop

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
does someone wanna do the work for my lazy *** and find me cheap tickets from northern Ohio (I'll live in Avon ohio, very top middle of the state) to this tournament? I'll be greatful and promise at least 10 serious friendlies or money matches with whoever does that for me

Jun.

Smash Lord
does someone wanna do the work for my lazy *** and find me cheap tickets from northern Ohio (I'll live in Avon ohio, very top middle of the state) to this tournament? I'll be greatful and promise at least 10 serious friendlies or money matches with whoever does that for me
someone find the tickets, practice yours balls off, and win 10 $20 dollar money matches from m2k.

free $200

but seriously, the name of the tourney for it being a West Coast major is kinda weak..... I mean look at GENESIS and REVIVAL OF MELEE they both have a hint of: "something epic is going to happen" then there's .... Pat's House? lolol just my 2c

Noble-

Smash Ace
someone find the tickets, practice yours balls off, and win 10 $20 dollar money matches from m2k.

free $200

but seriously, the name of the tourney for it being a West Coast major is kinda weak..... I mean look at GENESIS and REVIVAL OF MELEE they both have a hint of: "something epic is going to happen" then there's .... Pat's House? lolol just my 2c
For being such a "weak" name isn't it getting a lot of attention?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
eh, majors don't have to have epic names, look at the Pound series. we'll leave it to DBR and such for that stuff. I'm fine with having a major that has a more humble ring to it. "Pat's House" sounds very inviting, and SoCal's probably one of the most inviting regions out there.

Charoo

Smash Champion
m2k u should at least put which airport and day u want too

IT'S MAYLAY BAYBEE

The GERM

Smash Ace
PAT'S HOUSE!! I literally haven't practiced in my room by myself for like...2-3 years. After Genesis happened and DBR saved melee (again, lol....seriously..) We are all training hard again, this game deserves to live in infamy like Marvel, Street Fighter etc. King is back, Bob$ is back, Zelgadis is back, Even Clod and Mike Nasty, DBR will spitz de hot FIAH!! D-D-DYLON! YOU TOO CLOSE MON!! Love me some socal. Get Mango away from that bottle....actually, get Havoc away from the bottle, that mo**er fu**er goes 0-80 faster than a da** Porshe. I got Alf on Blu-Ray and I'm bringing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom