• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Hey, guys! I'm going to be swamped for most of today and tomorrow. But I'll be having some things up for the GnW boards some time next week. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday. So please keep a look out!
pretty much this for me to^

and did anyone else catch a few of hebrews team matches today on Tp5 Stream?:)
he handled dem MKs nicely xD

G&W and wolf too good

i saw one of leepuffs matches too;o
the dude's still got it

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TourneyPlayEvents

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Made it out of pools. Unfortunately cinna was in my pool and he couldn't make it out. O yeah and I got 9th in teams lol. It was soo gay how it ended though lol. We did hella good against m2k and fiction

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Made it out of pools. Unfortunately cinna was in my pool and he couldn't make it out. O yeah and I got 9th in teams lol. It was soo gay how it ended though lol. We did hella good against m2k and fiction
What color Game and Watch did you use? :s
There was like a Game and Watch on the livestream when it first started streaming yesterday. The tag was ''Yoshi'' so I assume it was YoshiFreak since he uses Game and Watch is and is from CA. Then after his long streak, another Game and Watch came and beat him. D:
Don't know any other Cyan using Game and Watches from West Coast.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
What color Game and Watch did you use? :s
There was like a Game and Watch on the livestream when it first started streaming yesterday. The tag was ''Yoshi'' so I assume it was YoshiFreak since he uses Game and Watch is and is from CA. Then after his long streak, another Game and Watch came and beat him. D:
Don't know any other Cyan using Game and Watches from West Coast.
I use cyan color, but I was only on the stream for teams.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
First post in here in forever (anyone want a title change btw?)

Friday I got chinese for lunch, and came with the traditional fortune cookie. I open it up:

"Your lucky number is 9."

I lol'd.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lol what?
Yeah idk, I find there's some charm to guys like Boss, NEO, Emblem Lord, and Pierce7d (to a lesser extent since he rarely acts black lol).

And Emblem Lord these days has been making me laugh a lot while we discuss various stuff about SSF4. Or when I read up some of his old posts on this forum and SRK lol.

So yeah as I was saying, black people are teh awesome. I'm asian anyhow.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Yeah idk, I find there's some charm to guys like Boss, NEO, Emblem Lord, and Pierce7d (to a lesser extent since he rarely acts black lol).

And Emblem Lord these days has been making me laugh a lot while we discuss various stuff about SSF4. Or when I read up some of his old posts on this forum and SRK lol.

So yeah as I was saying, black people are teh awesome. I'm asian anyhow.
Yo you play SSF4? We get something going one of these days, if you play online. Oh and yeah, black people are teh awesome for sure.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't own a PS3 or Xbawks, so I dunno. Maybe my friend will let me try wifi with his PS3.

I'm terrible at SSF4 though, my friend however is like an amazing Ken main. I mean seriously, he doesn't spam fierce shoryuken lmao.

I main Ryu and alt Zangief, T.Hawk, Gouken, and Juri I guess.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Guys, learn to space the 3rd hit of N-air perfectly. Done correctly, it true combos into D-smash on EVERYONE.

Perfect N-air spacing is the future of G&W.

Here's a tip: buffering a fullhop B-air then a N-air immediately afterwards is one way to set up the perfect spacing.

Rajam

Smash Champion
All my roommates have been playing ssf4 instead of brawl- it makes me sad :(
:O Didn't know you are an Admin... Congrats on that

Guys, learn to space the 3rd hit of N-air perfectly. Done correctly, it true combos into D-smash on EVERYONE.

Perfect N-air spacing is the future of G&W.

Here's a tip: buffering a fullhop B-air then a N-air immediately afterwards is one way to set up the perfect spacing.
nair is too good, with Up+b, is G&W future metagame. btw is this nair trick sdi-able?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
:O Didn't know you are an Admin... Congrats on that

nair is too good, with Up+b, is G&W future metagame. btw is this nair trick sdi-able?
You only need to land the 3rd hit, so if you can deliberately space so only that part of N-air connects on the opponent, they won't be escaping your combo in any humanly realistic way.

On lightweights 3rd hit N-air -> D-smash sets off the training mode combo counter, but the combo is still unblockable and unjumpable against all other heavier characters.

The catch is you need to hit with the outer edge of 3rd hit N-air, and if you want it to best combo into sweetspot D-smash, you have to be moving into them at the same time.

I got RocketPSI interested in researching G&W's N-air, so expect more details on the possibility of comboing N-air -> F-smash, frame data, tips and spacing tricks, and other stuff from him.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
ah pretty interesting. I also know that the last hit of the N-air hitting an opponent on the ground can be comboed into a judgment, but the spacing is really messy, and N-air must be done really late before touching the ground.

It needs more investigation, I agree.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
gratz on admin utdwack

and yes,you find approaching slightly easier when u learn to space your nairs well xD

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
People say to spam d-smash and it works. XD; Not all the time of course. Just in certain situations. I always feel so bad. XD; But it actually does work. People don't know what to do, and try and approach and get hit. Lol.
I think Random smashes is just part of the way GW works. We're blessed with some amazing smashes as far as the speed:range/power ratio goes. We don't have to be afraid to just toss em out every so often (or even more than that) For most characters the person using the smash is at the disadvantage but for us (Not saying our smashes are unpunishable, obviously) the opponent usually is the one forced into an awkward position even if we're not completely safe about it, because Usmash is so good and deceptively big, Dsmash is so big, and Fsmash lingers

ignoring the fact that they're so strong too.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I think Random smashes is just part of the way GW works. We're blessed with some amazing smashes as far as the speed:range/power ratio goes. We don't have to be afraid to just toss em out every so often (or even more than that) For most characters the person using the smash is at the disadvantage but for us (Not saying our smashes are unpunishable, obviously) the opponent usually is the one forced into an awkward position even if we're not completely safe about it, because Usmash is so good and deceptively big, Dsmash is so big, and Fsmash lingers

ignoring the fact that they're so strong too.
plus if you throw random Dsmash, some might actually try to punish you but will fail due to poor spacing. Raep time!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So, I'm in frame by frame right now, and it seems as if that if you n-air at the apex of Gdubs SH, you'll get the third hit.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So, I'm in frame by frame right now, and it seems as if that if you n-air at the apex of Gdubs SH, you'll get the third hit.
FF a Nair is a really good setup into almost anything. Jab, Utilt (eww), Dsmash, you name it.

This is really good while edgeguarding a marth. You grab the ledge, he upBs back on stage, you hop off the ledge, wait til the apex of the jump, FF nair, then dsmash and send him offstage. They die around 50%.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This isn't FF though. This is legit third hit, true combo. No FF, I'll try to find the frame in which you can initiate in FF.
Here's a vid (sorry for the lack of sound, my capture card sound hates me T_T):
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu-OoGljl5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu-OoGljl5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Top Bottom