• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Yeah. I think Dedede is a good secondary, honestly.

I still go GnW against Snake. I use Olimar, too if I need to. But Snake wrecks GnW so badly it's sad. :(
Snake vs Gw is not bad at all unless you're talking about wifi.
Sure its not a good MU, but it's not as bad as you think.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I have played Snakes on WiFi and it isn't fun.

Uhm, I guess it may be because one of the best Snake players live not too far from me. So when I play him it kind of hurts. When I play against other Snakes it isn't as hard but it's still kind of difficult. I still try and go for it, though. :( But I really never liked that matchup as much.
Honestly the only hard matchup on GnW I really like is Diddy Kong.

lou4222

Smash Lord
hope that they cant tech the d throw, play them at flat stages, and play incredibly patient.

MK blows, but if they dont know the GW matchup it can be a ton of fun.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Right, I agree with you completely. The problem is that all of the MKs in my area have incredible amount of good G&W experience. All of them understand that just walking around spamming ftilt with win them the match, so they do it. It's really frustrating. Not many of my cool tricks work anymore, since they've all seen them.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I find that you need to secure an early % lead, or else it's GG. Approaching MK is impossible, but dealing with an aggressive MK is doable.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Right, I agree with you completely. The problem is that all of the MKs in my area have incredible amount of good G&W experience. All of them understand that just walking around spamming ftilt with win them the match, so they do it. It's really frustrating. Not many of my cool tricks work anymore, since they've all seen them.
I definitely feel you on that. These days it feels like I gotta make so random stuff on the go then randomly switch so a basic spacing/baiting game. Sometimes I purposely choose stages with platforms so I can move all over the place until I get a hit in, then repeat. :urg:

On the other hand, I absolutely love fighting Snakes...

lou4222

Smash Lord
Falco and Icees for sure is the most fun top tier character matchup, if they count as top tier.

MKs who f tilt and grounded shuttle loop everything are awful.

Snake is a nightmare, and people who enjoy it are crazy. He lives forever, erases a 100% lead with an up tilt, and spams grenades. Id almost rather fight MK

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Falco and Icees for sure is the most fun top tier character matchup, if they count as top tier.

Snake is a nightmare, and people who enjoy it are crazy. He lives forever, erases a 100% lead with an up tilt, and spams grenades. Id almost rather fight MK
I do think snake is somehow harder to deal with, 100% agree.
MK shuttle loop can be punished if you shield (not even Power shield) on first few frames of his Up-B and hit it right after with Fair while he do a looping (probably even with good spacing). F-tilt is GAY. Especially Dtilt>Ftilt mixups.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
yes it does lmao

as soon as the G&W player gets impatient,that is when they either
take alot of damage
or just die lmao

remember those words D:<

you'll thank me!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

I dunno, I'm thinking that Falco is harder than Snake honestly. Just in that the matchup is RIDICULOUSLY ****ING STUPID.

You KNOW when you can land kill moves on Snake. The thing about Falco is that you really never know when a kill move is going to hit him. Because he has the tools to get out of trouble pretty easily.

Falco is such a dumb character...if all he does is laser camp and SideB when you get close...it's the most infuriating matchup in existence...it's basically what Sonic does, except he's shooting **** at you and you can't just B-air out of shield whenever he crosses you over. My friend mains Falco, and he literally will camp for 8 minutes in friendlies...it's just so dumb.

Like I'd literally rather play a Marth than a Falco at this point. It requires way too much patience and concentration for me to stand Falco, when against Marth, I can just try intelligent risk taking here and there and it feels like it can get me somewhere.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I co-main falco, so I know the mentality behind the match-up fairly well, so I don't find it that bad. You can put him in bad situations when he's sideb'ing back to the stage with uair and upB and stuff. I agree though, getting in against falco is pretty ****ing hard, but I find that he just takes soooooo much % when we do.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How do I beat MK? =(
You don't. Not the ones in texas anyways lol. I would rather play M2K in tournament with GW than play Seth/Dphat/Dojo etc.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I like fighting Snakes, too. Granted I don't play any pro snakes so I don't have it as bad, but you know still it's just that he is so heavy and big and so fun to screw with. The only thing I hate is the fact that he never dies and one wrong move can equal up the score or completely change things. Embarrassingly my worst matchup is Olimar (don't laugh)

I do better now, but I still feel like i'm just randomly chipping at him for what seems like hours...before I lose. Luckily though I also have Peach.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Everyone is talking about these **** characters like MK and Snake, Olimar seems kinda tame compared to them so it sounds pretty lame. I mean he just... stands there. ugh.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you get impatient with olimar, you will get easily 2 stocked. A lot of the time it's a guessing game, but if you just play to his reaction it's a lot easier due to his really bad roll. Also, an airborne olimar = a lot of %.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Kinda nervous about TP5 .___.
You got this!

As for Olimar. I use to have a lot of Olimar problems. But I get loads of Olimar practice and I mean loads and I play him.

Agreed with Alphicans. You have to be patient and think about what to do. You can't just go in and do moves otherwise you'll wrack up some damage. Nair is probably the best move to use in this matchup. Try not to dair so often because his uair beats dair. When you land close to him in some way, upb before he grabs you gain because he is going to go for a grab. Just a lot of nair and upb. And space well with bair to upb.

Cinnanmonny

Smash Cadet
not nervous anymore
Idc how I do just as long as I learn SOMETHING lol
plus the big matches happening is more exciting to me because for the first time I get to see them done in person :3:3 (more crowd = more hype)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So all, on Wi-fi I got this awesome Dthrow spike on a Marth and completely changed the momentum of the match and came back from a 2 stock deficit

That was only my second time landing that actually, twas glorious (Shielded Dolphin slash on the smashville platform, he was trying to KO me)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
good for you^ xD
go ****!

and has anyone else seen this?lmao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0&feature=player_embedded

edit:

ill start that stage thread tomorrow lol
XD Yeah! That video has been posted in all the character Xats I've been to. It's really funny.

Also! I'm still working on the new threads, too. Slowly but surely. We're going to revive these threads. XP

@Cin! Yeah! Hype! You got this!

@Smiley XD! That must have been too good.

@Kaak, Welcome back! :'D

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Me, cinan, and a few other gnw players are going to be a tourneyplay 5, watch the livestream and wish us luck =D. O and this tournament marks Leepuffs return watch out for him!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs Olimar is kinda like vs Falco...except the big difference is he doesn't shoot lasers, but tosses plants at you.

And he's much easier to kill, floatier and easier to **** with juggles...honestly Olimar is a pretty good matchup for G&W if you ask me.

You still need to be extremely patient though.

Top Bottom