• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Hum... think you can land a judgement too? or 1 frame diff is too much compared to Dsmash startup? I think it's possible.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, just tested it on Marth, he couldn't Up-B. Although, it's frame perfect and very hard to execute.
So now you guys have a new combo into judgement. ;D

I still have to test on heavies though, it might not work on them.
Edit: works on them too

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Well, actually, you have the same landing lag, it's just non-FF at the apex of height. If you land it correctly, then you get a free judgement ;D

I found the timing for the FF, it's 15 frames after you hit the jump button. I'll try to get a video up, but the timing is basically just tapping the jump button and then tapping the attack button as soon as possible (without sliding) then FF'ing it. Both have great results when you hit with the third part of it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey guys how do you fight Sonic? not even specifically with GW but in general I dunno what to do. He moves around too much =/. All I need is some general info/strategies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Camp his ****ing balls off. Wall him out intelligently and focus on juggles and edgeguards when you need to get a kill.

Approaching him directly most of the time is too tedious. It's better if you let him come towards you. If you got him cornered at the edge though, there shouldn't be much stopping you from pressuring him there.

And generally speaking, he's all shenanigans. He really can't kill you if you shield carefully and don't commit to a bad dodging habit.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I do shield. I'm just wondering if the entire match is gonna be hit and run for both players?

I just wanna gain some momentum and go from there but it seems like this loser would always get away and reset it.

I might just need some practice against him though, I've only used him 3 times in total (Minus obligatory single player irrelevant stuff) because I have this thing against sonic...

But I guess because of that I have NO IDEA how he plays and since I don't know how he plays I can't even fathom what he'll do next...

I'm gonna mess around with him in training a bit see if I can figure him out.

Edit: His attacks are so weak wtf lol (As far as pure percentage)

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
This isn't FF though. This is legit third hit, true combo. No FF, I'll try to find the frame in which you can initiate in FF.
Here's a vid (sorry for the lack of sound, my capture card sound hates me T_T):
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu-OoGljl5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pu-OoGljl5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've done this for a while now. It's also good for a shield poke to smash. Bair to Dsmash also works, but that's dependent on your opponents DI I think.

For anyone that's interested, Las Vegas is throwing down a regional at the end of June. Obviously most of you are far away from Vegas, but it would be cool if you could make it=D. Let's get active everyone!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There is a remote remote chance that I could be passing by since my parents want to take me on a cross country driving trip during the summer.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
hello friends! I'm back to smashboards even though I'm kinda inactive for brawl right now. my wii is sitting on a shelve getting dusty.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Or you guys can practice!!

That's what I do. I haven't entered a tournament in awhile but I've been practicing like crazy. Smashfests multiple times of the week, WiFi, Ladder, etc. If I can do it you can do it, too! I can't wait for my next tournament. I learnt so much.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah I've been practicing really hard lately too. I haven't used Peach at all lately (save for a specific 3 matches)

I think i'm coming along pretty well personally

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Playing a few of my other characters help improve my GnW. Not nessessarily focusing on them but each have helped me find things with GnW. Olimar helped me improving my grabbing game, Peach and Ness helped my spacing game. Peach also helped me finding kills, too. So it works out pretty well!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
hey today I got my game and watch sticker in the mail today, and my transmission started leaking today to :( game and watch is bad luck.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
hey today I got my game and watch sticker in the mail today, and my transmission started leaking today to :( game and watch is bad luck.
GW is goodluck
I always get 9s with him.
You'll all see at Apex. (:

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
GW is goodluck
I always get 9s with him.
You'll all see at Apex. (:
lol idk if I'm going to apex anymore, but its still a 50% chance. I'm going to MLG in june so yeah. Hopefully I wont get jumped cuz me and some michigan people trolled up socal and mikehaze got all mad and was challenging me to MM's which is hilarious, love how "Pro brawlers" deal with trolls. "Hey man lets MM." Mikehaze is one ugly guy though, I'd rather be a scrub then be him any day.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yack! That's too bad! I'm sorry. :ohwell: I haven't been able to use my car because of my dad's transmission engine thing started messing up as well so he needs to use my car for awhile now.

And I have bad luck with 9's. :( I hope one day it'll happen in tourney set.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Today, one shenanigan that helps me land Judgement is the B-Boost B Reversal (off platforms).

Basically against someone who is below you, you run off the platform to B Boost, and then you B reverse that Judgement so that you go under the platform and hit them.

Try it someday. It usually works for me at least once, and that's how I landed my first legit Judgement kill lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nah, it's basically an elaborate way to platform drop -> Judgement that has the surprise potential of Dashdancing.

By running towards the edge of the platform, people will not expect you to continue with an offensive maneuver most of the time when they are below the platform. You can however reach your opponent by B reversing a B boost off the platform, which will make you zigzag from the edge of the platform towards your opponent.

Especially nice for Judgement considering the potentially high reward and the massive surprise factor.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Nice! I'll try it some time then! Hopefully it'll work well for me. I really do!

Also, in friendlies I managed to get a lot of the nair-dsmash rPSI had shown. I've played loads of friendlies Friday, Saturday, and today. Pretty much from Friday at 6pm to Sunday at 9pm. Only a couple of Olimar videos, though. I'll promise to post them!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I was playing a Wi-FI the other day against someone and I was winning every match except the first (Mario fsmash lol) Anyway he was using wolf and he was actually beating me and had a good lead I was over 100 and he was at like 14% or something like that. I was on smashville platform at the furthest right and 9'd what would have been his killing bair on me as I jumped off the platform and won. He ragequit extremely fast. his quote was: "I've never, in my life, ever been so angry at a single video game before"

He was a nice guy and he wasn't bad or anything but I sorta wish my =) tag would morph into a little trollface when I landed judgements (just for added WTF! effect). It was way funnier than normal for some reason and I get judgements all the time. Not as many as I used to though, I used to have awesome 9 luck though, I've been unlucky as of late.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Oh today I'm most likely going to columbus..dont know why though..my wii broke in a power outage so I cant even practice.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I was playing a Wi-FI the other day against someone and I was winning every match except the first (Mario fsmash lol) Anyway he was using wolf and he was actually beating me and had a good lead I was over 100 and he was at like 14% or something like that. I was on smashville platform at the furthest right and 9'd what would have been his killing bair on me as I jumped off the platform and won. He ragequit extremely fast. his quote was: "I've never, in my life, ever been so angry at a single video game before"

He was a nice guy and he wasn't bad or anything but I sorta wish my =) tag would morph into a little trollface when I landed judgements (just for added WTF! effect). It was way funnier than normal for some reason and I get judgements all the time. Not as many as I used to though, I used to have awesome 9 luck though, I've been unlucky as of late.
Lol. Nice! Glad you are good with 9's! XD
People on WiFi tend to scare me... I remember doing the latter. The guy goes his main which I think was Fox and I beat him. So he CP's Marth and loses and got mad at me and said, "Mr.GaymanandWatch used same moves all day." I'm GnW so that's kind of to be expected and he was Marth. :urg: I felt bad because I gave him a good rating and nice comment and he gave me a bad rating. After that I stopped lattering...

@Soviet, Yay! That's great! We can meet. I heard Michigan is coming to School is in Session. Do you think you can go with them to that, too?

@rPSI, Yeah! Thank you!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
My first legit judgement I was playing against Anther in tournament, and we were both on smashville. He went into the air and I tried to hit him with an Up-B and my controller triggered Side-B. Right before I was gonna get mad about the wrong input, I heard the sound and I saw his Pikachu flying. After that, he Up-B locked me and destroyed me in the rest of that set.

I think I kinda made him mad about that.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
finally done with all my work xD, now i can be active on these dead boards again lulz :S

ill have the stage thread up later today when i get home
we'll start with all the neutrals first.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Judgments so fun to get.
I get quiet a bit in tourny matches now doing b-boosting shennanigans, like the one A2 mentioned up top.
They are extreme mindgames and after you learn how to do it, it becomes pretty easy.

Top Bottom