• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

NatP

Smash Ace
Zac. :( We all shouldn't be so pessimist. I mean, the only reason he dropped was because of us. We aren't repping him nearly as much as we should. Because I KNOW that he is atleast better than lucario. Atleast.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
blah. i knew gw would be 8-13. but either way didn't expect 12th behind lucario. =/

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
We all were prepared for his placement looking poor. Behind Lucario is obviously a huge joke, but I expected them to do something stupid like that. Ah well. Also Pit loooool.

I think G&W is better than Pikachu (overrated) and Lucario easily. Olimar and Dedede not so much. Well, at least G&W isn't mid tier. I was bracing myself for that to happen, and I'm glad they weren't that bat**** insane.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I voted him down.
Zac. :( We all shouldn't be so pessimist. I mean, the only reason he dropped was because of us. We aren't repping him nearly as much as we should. Because I KNOW that he is atleast better than lucario. Atleast.
blah. i knew gw would be 8-13. but either way didn't expect 12th behind lucario. =/
We all were prepared for his placement looking poor. Behind Lucario is obviously a huge joke, but I expected them to do something stupid like that. Ah well. Also Pit loooool.

I think G&W is better than Pikachu (overrated) and Lucario easily. Olimar and Dedede not so much. Well, at least G&W isn't mid tier. I was bracing myself for that to happen, and I'm glad they weren't that bat**** insane.
lmao we all pretty much got the same thoughts for this
we knew he was going to drop,but not by that much

u suck zac .___.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

I agree with everything this person said!
I kind of get the Pikachu placing but again not so much. x-x

And Penta! Show me the ways of School Days?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
after lucario, and before pit is a huge joke. i honestly can't believe it.
I would of been fine with
d3, Olimar, Pikachu, Gw, Lucario, Pit
or d3, Olimar, Gw, Pika, Lucario, Pit

but where he's at is just blah. lulzy.
i've been reading and it's basically based alot on tournament representation, and I understand lucario gets more rep, but still. >.>;

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think the current tier list is overall an improvement over the previous one in terms of getting people into appropriate tiers, even though there are still obvious errors.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I feel the same way, truth be told. It's just a bummer to see G&W misplaced under someone like Lucario, and Pit right behind him. He's in the right tier, though, that's at least commendable.

This is just motivation for us to try harder ^_^

Lol @ Hylian tier. I do think Zelda sucks, it's just funny to see them all in bottom 3 together.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
there's only one solution to reviving G&W in the tier list!

we must clone and make 9more UTDZACKs!

i'll get the cloning machine D:<
corny lol :(
the point being is that we have very little G&W rep in the U.S...that places top 9 and higher

tho the more i look into results and stuff,lucario's placement seems pretty fair now ;/
especially from pound 4

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
it looks like we're getting moar gw US rep in July or so. <3

90% sure i'm moving to North US. not sure where yet. lol. it's looking more like either MI or NJ. lol

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Either of those are actually pretty close. If there's a big Northeastern tournament, maybe I will see you, Kewl!

I haven't really looked at Lucario's placement and stuff, but it's a not really a big deal because Pikachu hasn't gotten good placements (according to Ankoku's) and he is still really high.

Just a lot of G&W hate in the BBR :(

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655

90% sure i'm moving to North US. not sure where yet. lol. it's looking more like either MI or NJ. lol
MOVE TO MI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a lot of good smashers and tournies and smashfests happening all the time. btw...gaw getting lower and lower on the tier list..sad.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Move to OH instead~! O: Actually, if you go to MI out of NJ I'll more than likely probably see you. I see MI a lot~ Although, I never see Soviet. o-o; Do you travel, Soviet?

And yeah, if MK gets banned there probably might be more GnW tew~!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Move to OH instead~! O: Actually, if you go to MI out of NJ I'll more than likely probably see you. I see MI a lot~ Although, I never see Soviet. o-o; Do you travel, Soviet?

And yeah, if MK gets banned there probably might be more GnW tew~!
I havent traveled out of state. I've been to like the last 2 big MI tournies. This summer Im traveling a lot though. Not but kewl move to MI.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
actually i'm moving to MI.
Livonia to be exact, this should happen around the summer. July/August
Is that anywhere close to Ann Arbor soviet?

cutter

Smash Champion
To be honest, the reason I stopped playing G&W was because he gets curbstomped by Meta Knight. That's why you barely see any G&W rep in the U.S. No one wants to play a character that loses outright to the best character in the game, so one's better off just playing Meta Knight.

If you really think about it, I've been noticing a gravitation towards the tier list away from the traditional "who are actually the best characters in the game" and more to "how well do you do against Meta Knight". Marth is probably the exception to that, but that's probably because I think Marth should be lower than he is right now.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Viva,PGN, and i are going to viridian tomorrow,wish us luck!:)

lawlawl

sucks u can't go zac D:

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
its not that far away. Thats so awesome. now we got Jkbuk, NOJ, me, and you. a lot of gaw rep.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s... ann arbor&aql=&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
that´s about a 20 minute ride. plus i got my car so expect me to be there and quickly rise to number one spot on the PR (:

Anyways, i´m so excited about the move actually, well a bit excited and a bit not but yeah you get my point, thing is I hope moving doesn´t interfear with Apex 2010.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
that´s about a 20 minute ride. plus i got my car so expect me to be there and quickly rise to number one spot on the PR (:

Anyways, i´m so excited about the move actually, well a bit excited and a bit not but yeah you get my point, thing is I hope moving doesn´t interfear with Apex 2010.
Im sure you'll make it somewhere on the PR but dont underestimate MI players lol. M2K comes here for tourneys a lot and Ally did come here but not recently. I know you were joking though lol.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Im sure you'll make it somewhere on the PR but dont underestimate MI players lol. M2K comes here for tourneys a lot and Ally did come here but not recently. I know you were joking though lol.
i know this. (:
sarcasm on the internet is so hard to understand. ):

got a tournie in like an hour. i betta win i need that $$.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
yeah...we need a new gaw player to emerge and play him differently. everyone has the same style and plays GaW the same.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, but I think I play GaW differently then most. I gotta come back to big tournies though =( Also I think people aren't play the MK vs GaW MU right. Sure he's got upB and ftilt, but there are ways to get around it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my friend needs help with the DK match up. can anyone explain how he is supposed to play it correctly.

a brief summary is fine.

NatP

Smash Ace
I love how in that vid the g&w is hitting with the actual turtle and not with just the mouth. Seriously. And the ic part was just loltastic. He was RIGHT next to them! But I guess that video was just trying to show that it can be punished.
Btw guys, we SERIOUSLY need to start repping g&w! It's the only way he'll rise! Zac is awesome but he can't do it all alone. I'm just sad I can't do more to help. :( Seeing as I live in Portugal and what not. Oh well, I'll try to rep him over here atleast.

Top Bottom