• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
O: I don't remember their names. I do know one of them names were Sugartastic. His GnW is decent! It'll get better if he stayed with it! There was another one and they did GnW dittos in pools. It was beautiful~ I hope they stay GnW..
no no.
trust me, they wont.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I'm a bit behind, but yeah, Lain knows the match up **** well, 99% by NoJ, 1% by me. I think I've beaten him maybe once in like like, dozen+ matches I've played him.
yea...he killed me with his recovery <,< lmao
too good

this MU is just so pressuring lol...
anyone can say just to camp it out but you get impatient as a player .__.
it's frustrating to camp for like 3minutes,just to have all your work taken away in like 20 seconds lmao

i think ima just pick up another character for this match up.

and thanks Mr. E :p

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I'm not getting any better. I'm always doing worse at tournies than I am in friendlies. and Im not having fun anymore.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I'm not getting any better. I'm always doing worse at tournies than I am in friendlies. and Im not having fun anymore.
D: D'aw! Yeah, that happens to me a lot. I just do a lot better in friendlies than tournaments because I get so nervous. But you just gotta keep at it until you see tourney play as just regular friendly play! If you see it as a friendly it's a lot better. x-x;

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
D: D'aw! Yeah, that happens to me a lot. I just do a lot better in friendlies than tournaments because I get so nervous. But you just gotta keep at it until you see tourney play as just regular friendly play! If you see it as a friendly it's a lot better. x-x;
yeah, I'm pretty much banished from the Michigan smash community. So I wont be going to any tournies for a while. But I will be at Apex. I'll train online..if ADHD can do it so can I.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Pretty much just trolled the whole entire smash community in MI. btw kewl tell me when you move here we'll play sometime.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99qH8gOxg_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99qH8gOxg_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99qH8gOxg_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99qH8gOxg_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
that first kill was ugly.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
@Soviet; O: Yeah. Tell the long story! Maybe talking it out will also help yah a bit. D:

@Hylian, Gotta love RC~
lol I think they're the ones that need to talk about it. Ima host some online tourneys on AiB soon, some you guys should come play if any of you are onliscrubs.

izzy24

Smash Ace
soviet i kinda know wat u feel, its just that gaw that is not too good or too bad, which is good and bad at the same time and its frustrating when u dont see urself improving. Usually wat i do is to take a break, usually when u come back i actually do better. Dont give up man, but if u really feel strongly about it dont make urself something u dont want

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
soviet i kinda know wat u feel, its just that gaw that is not too good or too bad, which is good and bad at the same time and its frustrating when u dont see urself improving. Usually wat i do is to take a break, usually when u come back i actually do better. Dont give up man, but if u really feel strongly about it dont make urself something u dont want
yeah, I think Im just gonna try and break down my play style and just re do it from the bottom up. I'm determined to find a different way to play GaW, and if I cant do that...I'll just play MK and Falco.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
^ Also think.. There are a lot of players who play even worse characters and place well and never given up/pick up MK.
And, I'll totally do an online tournament! O: Problem is I don't have wifi. But I have this cable thingie..
add me on AiB then! I have the same profile. An ethernet cable is better than wifi.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I held a tourney last weekend I havent scheduled my next one yet though. I will sometime though.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
lol my lucario does better than my g&w on the AiB ladder.
idk it's probably since input lag hurts gw, or atleast that's what i believe.

either way everyones 100x better offline.

and soviet, i should be moving to MI in August.
I think the plan is, go to Apex 2010, and like a week or two after, start the moving process. ;P

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
either way everyones 100x better offline.
But Ike and Toon Link are CLEARLY better on wifi. I mean seriously. They can spam so much random stuff and it will hit you due to input delay botching the ability to block and punish on reaction or for that matter properly space yourself around their spam/huge hitboxes. And they are both reasonably powerful characters.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
But Ike and Toon Link are CLEARLY better on wifi. I mean seriously. They can spam so much random stuff and it will hit you due to input delay botching the ability to block and punish on reaction or for that matter properly space yourself around their spam/huge hitboxes. And they are both reasonably powerful characters.
that is very true.
you can't PS or just shield on reaction on wifi with anyone. making Ike and Tlink very viable.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ike isn't better on wifi lol
neither is G&W

anyone with projectiles is
projectiles> no projectiles ;/ har har

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ike maybe, but t.link is so hard to play on wifi. Do you GaW'ers really think GaW does worse on wifi?
There is a reason why he almost never places on the AiB ladder.

He sucks on wifi plain and simple. Wifi ruins the ability to space, and considering how long some of his stuff lasts, it sucks a lot to mis-space with this character. It also makes him very prone to messing up his recovery, and generally speaking makes it much harder for him to punish stuff safely. Good players on wifi STILL tech the D-throw and his Smashes don't have enough range to be easy to land. Really, only Marth is hurt more by wifi than G&W.

Toon Link is only hard to play on wifi if you're trying to play him like he's supposed to offline, but he doesn't need to. He can just throw projectiles all day, mess up, and pretty much nobody is able do anything safe about it, and he kills you stupid early with his quick Smashes/U-air.

Ike is better on wifi because F-air becomes a POKE option on wifi. I don't just mean any old poke. I mean THE BEST poke on wifi BY A LANDSLIDE. Wifi usually makes it difficult to block this attack on reaction, let alone punish it, and it's harder to time shieldgrabs when he Jabs your shield.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
no GaW is like amazing in wifi. A lot of people cant get out of downthrow dsmash. and you have a lot of other good things.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
There is a reason why he almost never places on the AiB ladder.
pssh http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=39909
eat that mr negative D:<!

the reason that there arent many G&W's placing in the ladder is that there aren't that many G&W's to begin with lol
but G&W doesn't do any better or worse on wifi
i've played alot of G&W's on the ladder. It's not that lag is affecting them,they're just not very good T-T. Wifi G&W's have alot of bad habits(which applys to me too lol but not as bad)

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
On wifi I have a lot more trouble against ike than against toon link
I don't know why.. O_o
once you learn that bad ikes become useless with something called "spot dodging" you'll do a lot better. after that Nair, bair, nair, bair, nair, bair, fsmash. yay.

Top Bottom