• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
Hmm...
With Marth... I find that if Marth has the % lead, it's harder to get it back then with MK.
But with MK... I find that if i have the % lead, MK can get it back a lot easier than Marth.

And I pretty much try to camp both of them or sometimes semi-WoP Marth offstage.

Do you really all think MK is our harderst MU? I think Marth. I think I'm the only one who thinks that.
Marths airials are so much harder to get past...
I dunno... Marths Nair and Fair hurt me a lot and I get tippered a lot.
I think I just need more Marth practice.

MK can be pretty frustrating though. People that don't really deserve to win beat me every now and then, It's kinda annoying...

OH AND ALSO.
What the hell. Is it like impossible for GaW mains to pick up a secondary? "I HAVE TROUBLE WITH TWO CHARACTERS. IM CHANGING MAIN". Is it too hard for a GaW main to get a secondary? Lots of top players are intelligent enough to use 2 chars well... But a lot of GaW mains just ditch GaW altogether. Like that guy up above with the 10 posts. It's silly :(

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Hmm...
With Marth... I find that if Marth has the % lead, it's harder to get it back then with MK.
But with MK... I find that if i have the % lead, MK can get it back a lot easier than Marth.

And I pretty much try to camp both of them or sometimes semi-WoP Marth offstage.

Do you really all think MK is our harderst MU? I think Marth. I think I'm the only one who thinks that.
Marths airials are so much harder to get past...
I dunno... Marths Nair and Fair hurt me a lot and I get tippered a lot.
I think I just need more Marth practice.

MK can be pretty frustrating though. People that don't really deserve to win beat me every now and then, It's kinda annoying...

OH AND ALSO.
What the hell. Is it like impossible for GaW mains to pick up a secondary? "I HAVE TROUBLE WITH TWO CHARACTERS. IM CHANGING MAIN". Is it too hard for a GaW main to get a secondary? Lots of top players are intelligent enough to use 2 chars well... But a lot of GaW mains just ditch GaW altogether. Like that guy up above with the 10 posts. It's silly :(
I think icies and snake should be our hardest match ups. Cuz I see the problems with marths and MK but I know the match ups pretty well.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
i used to think Marth was our hardest MU. thought it was for a long time, basically because all the MKs down here sucked balls.
till about 2-3 months ago when the best MK here started actually playing good and not spammy tornado.
it was then when i realized MK was our hardest MU.
yeah you're right Marth's aerials are harder to get past by, but the slightest, tiniest mistake Marth makes and you get % on him. plus Marth is much more easier to juggle with nair/uair than MK.
MK on the other hand makes a tiny mistake, you still don't have room to punish. juggling MK, i find is also harder. under a Marth you have more chance for % than under an MK because of MK's broken dair.

ICs are not hard at all. i find that MU to be 50-50. you have to play extremely defensive/gay and space real good but it's not hard. Snake is pretty hard for GW, but not as hard as you would think. get him in the air, that's a free 30%. play extremely defensive and just don't worry about jumping up and down like a fool for 30 seconds if you have to vs Snake. plus if snake UP-Bs, free judgment for ya there. g&w vs most top/high tiers you have to play extremely defensive.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
i used to think Marth was our hardest MU. thought it was for a long time, basically because all the MKs down here sucked balls.
till about 2-3 months ago when the best MK here started actually playing good and not spammy tornado.
it was then when i realized MK was our hardest MU.
yeah you're right Marth's aerials are harder to get past by, but the slightest, tiniest mistake Marth makes and you get % on him. plus Marth is much more easier to juggle with nair/uair than MK.
MK on the other hand makes a tiny mistake, you still don't have room to punish. juggling MK, i find is also harder. under a Marth you have more chance for % than under an MK because of MK's broken dair.

ICs are not hard at all. i find that MU to be 50-50. you have to play extremely defensive/gay and space real good but it's not hard. Snake is pretty hard for GW, but not as hard as you would think. get him in the air, that's a free 30%. play extremely defensive and just don't worry about jumping up and down like a fool for 30 seconds if you have to vs Snake. plus if snake UP-Bs, free judgment for ya there. g&w vs most top/high tiers you have to play extremely defensive.
I was playing in an online tourney today against an icies and I felt I was playing the match up right but I still had holes in my game were he ended up grabbing me. I just hate icies. One grab and your dead. Snake I think just within himself has mind games. He creates such a hectic scene with all the nades and mortar slides and mines and rockets.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I was playing in an online tourney today against an icies and I felt I was playing the match up right but I still had holes in my game were he ended up grabbing me. I just hate icies. One grab and your dead. Snake I think just within himself has mind games. He creates such a hectic scene with all the nades and mortar slides and mines and rockets.
wifi is nothing.
it's 10x harder to space with g&w on wifi.
you can't honestly decide a MU on wifi.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
wifi is nothing.
it's 10x harder to space with g&w on wifi.
you can't honestly decide a MU on wifi.
I didn't decide it online. I live in the same city as the best icies in the nation I think I can decide the MU from that.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I didn't decide it online. I live in the same city as the best icies in the nation I think I can decide the MU from that.
your post lead me to believe that you decided it over wifi.
either way, skill also affects alot.
i'm not saying you're not good, but obviously not at the same height as lain.
i don't like saying anyone is bad, and you're obviously getting better, but you get my point. (: <3

i still believe the ICs MU is 50-50. if anything 55-45 in favor of ICs.
you own them in brinstar, RC, delfino. while they suck there. 3 viable CPs.
all nuetrals except for FD and SV (to an extent) are good vs the ICs due to the platforms and g&w is too good in platforms.
i could also go as far as saying lylat is a good choice if it's a nuetral where you live.

nair ***** them in the air, especially nana since she's a dumb ****.
separting them with g&w is not a hard thing to do, then nair chain nana and gimp her for lulz.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think MK > Marth > Diddy > Toon Link > Snake > IC's.
Kewl persuaded me about MK and Marth... I just need to learn the Marth MU.

P.S If you are in America feel free to swap Toon Link with Snake in my list :p

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
your post lead me to believe that you decided it over wifi.
either way, skill also affects alot.
i'm not saying you're not good, but obviously not at the same height as lain.
i don't like saying anyone is bad, and you're obviously getting better, but you get my point. (: <3

i still believe the ICs MU is 50-50. if anything 55-45 in favor of ICs.
you own them in brinstar, RC, delfino. while they suck there. 3 viable CPs.
all nuetrals except for FD and SV (to an extent) are good vs the ICs due to the platforms and g&w is too good in platforms.
i could also go as far as saying lylat is a good choice if it's a nuetral where you live.

nair ***** them in the air, especially nana since she's a dumb ****.
separting them with g&w is not a hard thing to do, then nair chain nana and gimp her for lulz.
woah woah didnt I say I was as good as lain. Not even close. Yeah but Im not good. I just wish there was another way to play this match up without being gay.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
woah woah didnt I say I was as good as lain. Not even close. Yeah but Im not good. I just wish there was another way to play this match up without being gay.

<3

i personally don't think there's any other way to play that MU unless you're playing vs someone who doesn't know how to CG.
lol.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
holy crap. i forgot this thread even existed.
not really. but it has been like, a month. how ya all doin?
anyways. imho: snake & marth>ics>diddy>mk. thata just me tho. if anyone actually cares as to why, ill explain. i just dont feel like typing it out on my DSi if noones guna read it.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
mememe.
buying my plane ticket next month when Alex decides to put up pre-reg so i can pay everything at once. (:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am gonna try to go to APEX. However, I'll probably be playing IC's by then, but I'd still rep GaW on any hard CP stages.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
ssoooo i seen that a lot of other character threads have been doing the whole irl pics and saying a little something about ourselves, i think the game and watch boards should totally do that!

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
actually it´s not a bad idea.
g&w boards have been pretty dead lately, especially in the social section.
we´re all business. 0 fun. so i think a thread like that would be something fun for the g&w boards.

or an interview tread idk. something to spice the g&w boards abit.

about GPX-Gamme, i´m trying to go to that, but i´m not sure if it´ll be possible since i probably wont have enough money for both that and Apex.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i agree with the pic thread or an interview thread >.>
for a character that is supposed to be wacky with his little hammers and matches,we're no fun at all lol

and nobodys going to viridian?:(

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Haha we've talked about it before, people seem to say that G&W's are short... and idk there were other qualities listed off before, all of which I seemed to be totally opposite of. I'll post a picture tho for sure

Publix

Smash Apprentice
IIIDDDEEEAAA! We should get a "Ask A pro G&W thread"! If Utd Zac is willing or a combination of Utd zac and hylian. It is awesome in the Mario Boards with Boss answering questions. It helped me exponentially!

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
IIIDDDEEEAAA! We should get a "Ask A pro G&W thread"! If Utd Zac is willing or a combination of Utd zac and hylian. It is awesome in the Mario Boards with Boss answering questions. It helped me exponentially!
I saw one in the PT thread too. They're interviewing mata, who I play with lol. It's a neat idea that I was too shy to copy and present.

Also, I like the profile idea.

Splice

Smash Hero
Below Olimar? I don't agree.
Below Pikachu? told you so.
Below Lucario? meh.
Right next to Pit? 'Sif lol, waddup with that?

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
I really disagree with his spot. I think he should have maybe moved down 1 or 2 but not 4. Lucario ahead of Gnw =( I think it's time we all stepped it up and show why GnW is really good.He may be predictable, but there are ways to get around it. Also Olimar should be lower then gnw. Pika is fine since he can **** some top tiers

Splice

Smash Hero
Olimar does better than GaW, so it makes sense... I wouldn't really argue against it...

Pikachu, even though I dont see any major rep (although I dont really check) its just obvious when you see what abilities he has how good a good pikachu can be. He has a lot of ATs too... I just don't think he's really getting used that much... I should check. But as a char, he > GaW.

Lucario is probably mainly above GnW coz of the aura boost. I dont really know if I agree, but again, I can understand it. GaW shouldn't drop anymore. He is where he should be, 1 or 2 places higher could happen, but for now is good.

... ... IMO.

Top Bottom