• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
O_o Are you doubting UTD Zac? I think UTD Zac would have the best chance to make the top 4 for a GaW. I would also like to see more European players come to the next pound. I think kaak would do well if he came to America for the next pound. :)

Vinnie

Smash Master
Wanna bet?

I almost (unbelievably close) beat ADHD in tournament first time I met him. Then I beat him in a MM right after. I have never played Ally in tournament, but I would glady do so. I MM him at a few tourneys but we never got around to playing. I've played M2K quite a few times in teams, overall we lost, but when it got down to 1v1 with me and M2K I won everytime (and no I'm not making this up, see: Apex, Genesis).
But you lost to a crippled Marth.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
O_o Are you doubting UTD Zac? I think UTD Zac would have the best chance to make the top 4 for a GaW. I would also like to see more European players come to the next pound. I think kaak would do well if he came to America for the next pound. :)
lol this made me laugh.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Wanna bet?

I almost (unbelievably close) beat ADHD in tournament first time I met him. Then I beat him in a MM right after. I have never played Ally in tournament, but I would glady do so. I MM him at a few tourneys but we never got around to playing. I've played M2K quite a few times in teams, overall we lost, but when it got down to 1v1 with me and M2K I won everytime (and no I'm not making this up, see: Apex, Genesis).
zak. i love you but get real, you cant beat adhd now, or m2k, or ally. we both know teams is diff than singles, and mm are diff than tourney, adhd back then was good but not amazing now he is amazing.

Vinnie

Smash Master
zak. i love you but get real, you cant beat adhd now, or m2k, or ally. we both know teams is diff than singles, and mm are diff than tourney, adhd back then was good but not amazing now he is amazing.
The ADHD thing was at the most recent HOBO lol.

But yeah Zac stop getting cocky about your 'wins' when your losses track you down hard!

I know I'm rising up and I'm going to claim my title soon! Just you wait!

freaking mk main
lol jk

ADHD

Smash Hero
Zac we shall settle this at Viridian! No johns when I pluck a bomb omb and it esplodes in your face and u get on ur kneez nd kry.

lou4222

Smash Lord
My Pound performance

My first pool was unbelieveably tough. I got stomped by Dekar ( he later 2-0ed DEHF) Dekar is as good as any diddy around, and in my opinion is GWs worst matchup. I got stomped.

DEHF- I lost 2-0 again, but it was last stock both games. In game one I got him with a bucket and had him in kill percent. I wish I could have played him again.

Tristan win- I won 2-0. It wasnt really close. He is a good sheik though from Virgina.

Sauc3- I won 2-0. He is from Canada and is the only person to take a game off of Dekar. I two stocked him game one and three stocked him game two. I didnt get grabbed and it was clear he had never played a good GW before.

Smash never showed up so everyone got the two zero win vs him.

Now for the chokefest in second round of pools

My pool was taylor made for me to get out, but I choked.

My first match was against Diem Brandon. I lost 2-1, but im 100% positive Id win if we played tomorrow. He wrecked me on Frigate in game three, but I destroyed him on FD. I had him game one and choked, plain and simple. He wouldnt money match me because he said I play Gay *** Game and watch and all i do is jump around. I hope he reads this, I cant wait to play him again.

I then lost to Poltergust, a Yoshii player from Florida. I have never played a Yoshii before. He was very good. I had no idea that his down b killed so fast. I also didnt know I could smash DI out of it. I got nervous when I wasnt exactly sure what to do against him and by the time I began to learn stuff I had lost.

I then played Allys MK. Game one we were both over 100 percent on out last stocks. He is so smart. He didnt shuttle loop or tornado me once. I couldnt punish him, but managed to almost win. I wasnt upset about this loss.

I lost to DaPuffsters Diddy. I suck vs diddy. I was hoping i would get a pool without any, but didnt get so lucky. Dapuffster is good and cant really say I should have won this one. Hopefully I fix these matchup problems with more experience.

I then beat Kirinblaze.

I choked agains the Yoshii and Diem Brandon. I feel like I was one of the three best players in my pool. I let the Game and Watchs down. I cant wait until my next national.

I did incredibly well in all of my MMs. Ill post my vids vs Slikvik and Pyronic Star. A lot of people at this tournament said I was the best GW they have every played. I was hoping Zac or PGN would come to this so I could talk MUs etc. Like I said Ill post my vids when they get uploaded.

Vinnie

Smash Master
GJ Lou, you handled the competition pretty well, just don't choke next time! I'm getting better at the Diddy matchup slowly, it does indeed suck. :/

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
My Pound performance

My first pool was unbelieveably tough. I got stomped by Dekar ( he later 2-0ed DEHF) Dekar is as good as any diddy around, and in my opinion is GWs worst matchup. I got stomped.

DEHF- I lost 2-0 again, but it was last stock both games. In game one I got him with a bucket and had him in kill percent. I wish I could have played him again.

Tristan win- I won 2-0. It wasnt really close. He is a good sheik though from Virgina.

Sauc3- I won 2-0. He is from Canada and is the only person to take a game off of Dekar. I two stocked him game one and three stocked him game two. I didnt get grabbed and it was clear he had never played a good GW before.

Smash never showed up so everyone got the two zero win vs him.

Now for the chokefest in second round of pools

My pool was taylor made for me to get out, but I choked.

My first match was against Diem Brandon. I lost 2-1, but im 100% positive Id win if we played tomorrow. He wrecked me on Frigate in game three, but I destroyed him on FD. I had him game one and choked, plain and simple. He wouldnt money match me because he said I play Gay *** Game and watch and all i do is jump around. I hope he reads this, I cant wait to play him again.

I then lost to Poltergust, a Yoshii player from Florida. I have never played a Yoshii before. He was very good. I had no idea that his down b killed so fast. I also didnt know I could smash DI out of it. I got nervous when I wasnt exactly sure what to do against him and by the time I began to learn stuff I had lost.

I then played Allys MK. Game one we were both over 100 percent on out last stocks. He is so smart. He didnt shuttle loop or tornado me once. I couldnt punish him, but managed to almost win. I wasnt upset about this loss.

I lost to DaPuffsters Diddy. I suck vs diddy. I was hoping i would get a pool without any, but didnt get so lucky. Dapuffster is good and cant really say I should have won this one. Hopefully I fix these matchup problems with more experience.

I then beat Kirinblaze.

I choked agains the Yoshii and Diem Brandon. I feel like I was one of the three best players in my pool. I let the Game and Watchs down. I cant wait until my next national.

I did incredibly well in all of my MMs. Ill post my vids vs Slikvik and Pyronic Star. A lot of people at this tournament said I was the best GW they have every played. I was hoping Zac or PGN would come to this so I could talk MUs etc. Like I said Ill post my vids when they get uploaded.
Good **** lou, reppin that GaW. It seems diddys are on the rise, I almost think that in the new tier list hes gonna pass MK but thats just me. I mean if they wouldn't make him number 1 when ninjalink destroyed m2k I dont think they will now.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac we shall settle this at Viridian! No johns when I pluck a bomb omb and it esplodes in your face and u get on ur kneez nd kry.
I agree to this. There's a small chance I won't be able to make it to VC 7 because of money issues. And for the recorded, I didn't mean to discredit your Diddy. You're obviously top notch, I just got lucky ;)

@Lou: Diddy is NOT G&W's worst matchup. It's not as hard as all of you think. You are all just playing the matchup wrong. You cannot simply play as G&W and beat diddy, if you do it becomes super easy for the diddy to win. There's a trick to the matchup, when I get time I'll post it in the matchup export thread.

@PGN: You're just jealous, good lucky catching up.

@Omniswell: I have the advantage against ADHD, M2K, Ally. I'm fairly certain none of them know the G&W matchup, and even if they did, they wouldn't know my playstyle of the character. I'm not saying i'm better than them, that's obvious when you compare tournament records. However, I do believe I stand a strong chance of beating them if we ever meet in tournament (which is unlikely... stupid falcos).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ZAC!

It wasn't 3 9's. It's only 2. Lol

1st: 9 me to hit Dphat

2nd: 9 me in the 2 v 1 at FS8

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I agree to this. There's a small chance I won't be able to make it to VC 7 because of money issues. And for the recorded, I didn't mean to discredit your Diddy. You're obviously top notch, I just got lucky ;)

@Lou: Diddy is NOT G&W's worst matchup. It's not as hard as all of you think. You are all just playing the matchup wrong. You cannot simply play as G&W and beat diddy, if you do it becomes super easy for the diddy to win. There's a trick to the matchup, when I get time I'll post it in the matchup export thread.

@Omniswell: I have the advantage against ADHD, M2K, Ally. I'm fairly certain none of them know the G&W matchup, and even if they did, they wouldn't know my playstyle of the character. I'm not saying i'm better than them, that's obvious when you compare tournament records. However, I do believe I stand a strong chance of beating them if we ever meet in tournament (which is unlikely... stupid falcos).
We'll see. I think Diddy is one of GaW worst matchups but its not impossible. Most of the match up is just spacing and looking for openings...and not going to FD.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
diddy is not that bad of a MU.
you just gotta play him right. a big mistake i see most gw mains do (or any player for that matter) is they play every single person/character the same. you can't make this mistake. especially not in this MU, or the snake one either. this is why you guys think it's such a bad MU.

on another topic, i think im gunna buy a wii this weekend. finally won't have to be depending on my neighbor to play. (:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My friend suddenly became an amazing Snake main. HELP! I can't beat him with anyone. T_T

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dedede is linear and boring, and it's even arguable if he wins against Snake at all due to how badly he gets camped and due to the fact he really can't kill at all.

lou4222

Smash Lord

M2K definitely does not know the matchup. Ally does. IMO he is the smartest Brawler Ive ever played. I dont know about ADHD, because Ive never played him.

Maybe its just personal preference. I probably am playing it wrong. It would be interesting to hear who you think his worst is. I enjoy the Falco matchup because I play it all the time. I was beating Keitaro in friendlies at Pound and did well vs Larry. Maybe he was sandbaggin because it was pools, who knows.

HArdly anyone knows the GW amtchup and its great. Especially when they cant tech the downthrow.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Lou, I probably had a worse chokefest in my first round of pools and got eliminated really bad. I didn't even get a game off of anyone in my pools and I had so much dificulty with it.

Armada - My hardest match was against this guy. His Sheik was so difficult and his teching and DI were amazing. It seems that no matter how hard I tried not to get put into a combo, I was put into a combo and hit with his dacus. Once he got me off the stage, I had the worst time getting back on IF I made it back.

Candy - I always have a hard time against Snakes and this was much worse. I didn't do too bad against him, I got him to last stock and I choked and got a face full of boot. My main problem is not enough Snake practice.

Nacker and Stingers - I have problems against R.O.B. and it showed against both.

gdubz/Enoch - I just fail at Falco. Plain and simple.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I got to play Armada at Genesis in Brawl. His sheik was amazing. I remember the start of the match I went from 0-70 and hadn't touched him. I was like wtf... but then I brought it back. There are a few great sheik players in my region, so I had matchup experience. All I know is I wrecked him hard enough game 1 he took me to FD and went ICs game 2. His ICs weren't very good =(

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Dedede is linear and boring, and it's even arguable if he wins against Snake at all due to how badly he gets camped and due to the fact he really can't kill at all.
thats not true at all. DDD is one of the most fun characters in the game to me.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
PGN and alot of other players have no confidence when it comes to this MU >.>
lol

also good job lou!

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm actually slowly getting good at the matchup, I remembered most of the parts of the matches between me and ADHD and I can remember a few things I did wrong. I'm still adamant about Marth being gnw's worst matchup.

A2 just watch snake the entire time. Air camp, punish every air dodge, uthrow, getting him offstage is good, almost never approach with bair. That's what works for me.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Are any of you fine GnW's in the bay area any chance? I am wanting to get better to attend some tournies, but my pool of opponents consists of a Dedede and a TLink...

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i dont think you'd beat adhd or ally m2k maybe, as much as i would want you to beat them i dont think you can.

prove me wrong meet them in tourney and win no johns.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
i dont think you'd beat adhd or ally m2k maybe, as much as i would want you to beat them i dont think you can.

prove me wrong meet them in tourney and win no johns.
Oooooooommmniii swellll get on skype we have a story to tell you.

Vinnie

Smash Master
M2K definitely does not know the matchup. Ally does. IMO he is the smartest Brawler Ive ever played. I dont know about ADHD, because Ive never played him.

Maybe its just personal preference. I probably am playing it wrong. It would be interesting to hear who you think his worst is. I enjoy the Falco matchup because I play it all the time. I was beating Keitaro in friendlies at Pound and did well vs Larry. Maybe he was sandbaggin because it was pools, who knows.

HArdly anyone knows the GW amtchup and its great. Especially when they cant tech the downthrow.
M2k definitely does know the matchup, I friendlied him like 5 times, 1 time he 3 stocked me, he 2 stocked me twice, he 1 stocked me and I got lucky on RC so I beat him once cuz he sd'd. I just don't feel like camping in friendlies, but he does, which is why I got wrecked for the most part.

He techs every dthrow, and you can't recover low, I ended up getting gimped every time I tried that. Also he does the grounded up b autocancel thing perfectly and just walks away, I gotta find a way to punish that cuz he just kept grabbing/ftilting me every time I tried to punish.

lou4222

Smash Lord
He came to our house tournaments, I friendlied him several times and dont recall hardly ever getting gimped by him. He told me he never ***** GW. He very rarely 3 stocked me. He continues to tornado even trhough it gets him punished.

Now when I say I dont think he knows the matchup it doesnt mean I beat him. He honestly wins 90 percent of our matches. I think Zac can take him on the right stages (FD) His tornado spam would kill him there.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
He came to our house tournaments, I friendlied him several times and dont recall hardly ever getting gimped by him. He told me he never ***** GW. He very rarely 3 stocked me. He continues to tornado even trhough it gets him punished.

Now when I say I dont think he knows the matchup it doesnt mean I beat him. He honestly wins 90 percent of our matches. I think Zac can take him on the right stages (FD) His tornado spam would kill him there.
doubt post is double post! I SUMMON A MOD INFRACT HIS ***

izzy24

Smash Ace
GJ llou, and dont feel bad about losing to polt.....he's starting to get really good cause he plays a lot of the top fl players like seibrik, chaz, nicksriddle. Im going to a tourney this sat at my university so i'll try to rep "the best gaw" in fl LOL

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
nah i posted in the P4 thread here xP
i had to pay for a surgery my cat needed so i couldnt go lol.

Howd you do? :o

also you gota tell me where u got that avi from :p

cutter

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

I haven't been active here in such a long time. Mainly having to do with how I'm in college + working at the same time. I've had little time to go to tournaments, let alone play Brawl. I've been kinda following what's been going on in various tournies and whatnot though.

I might get back into smash when I move this September and get settled in. But for now, I want to keep my life focused on what I'm doing for the next several months or so.

I don't play G&W anymore. Sorry guys. I dropped him such a long time ago for MK and DDD. I can honestly say I play so much better as those two (especially MK) than G&W.

I mainly play MTG now, as I feel much more comfortable and known in that community than in the Smash community. Don't worry though, I still love you guys <3.

- cutter

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
so you quit G&W first then...you quit brawl completely lol :p

lawl im the same but with YGO lulz

anyway,goodbye sir :o

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@cutter I'm somewhat jealous. I wish I could play MTG as much as I used to. I enjoy that game so much. I used to live next to my friend's apt who had buttloads of cards. I remember going over there Friday afternoon, throwing some cards together to form a deck, and taking it to FNM and doing well.

If only there were two of me to play Smash AND MTG... better yet, there should be nine of me =)

Top Bottom