• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Penta, I don't think you understand what I was trying to do with dair. I am not ********, >_>.

I was doing that because I wanted him to come to me, so I'd dair at pointless times and bait him, obviously that didn't work at all, but very few times did I actually want to hit him. Infact the only times I expected to hit him, was when he tried to upB (which was actually another reason I was dairing). I am pretty sure I know my own mistakes but, I think kewl is right, I got rather impatient at times, and I think more nair would help, but I am not exactly sure where/when I'd use it in most of those situations.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
tbh, the dairing didn't seem so bad to me, just like i said, the impaitentness.
there was times where you would u-air, when a nair was really the better choice, and would of potencially got more damage so you could camp better.
in norfair, nair under the platforms more, it's good shield pressure.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Penta, I don't think you understand what I was trying to do with dair. I am not ********, >_>.

I was doing that because I wanted him to come to me, so I'd dair at pointless times and bait him.
bait him for what? lol
you don't ever wanna be on top of a plat with MK right under you,that is a horrible situation to be in >.>
the most you wanna do is shield and hope he comes up on his own with uair or uair into into nair then punish with your nair

or if you wanna be safe,wait for an opening and get out of there lol

also,even if you do manage to "bait him" ,dair has a laggy ending,what can you do lol
you'll be punished either way

edit: if you know the MK is aggro,you can also try using dash attack on the plat but that's risky as well

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not a traditional bait, it's a bait mainly to encourage some aggression from superboom. Kinda like, "stop air camping and come here, I'll even dair a **** load so you can maybe hit me." I'd much rather vs an aggro MK than a defensive one. And yes I'd chase MK, what do you expect me to do? He's ahead in %, I am supposed to approach am I not?

Kewl: Yeah, I was really focused on uairing a lot, in hopes of actually killing him (rofl). Hopeful and foolish I know, but I actually got a lot of percentage just from him being so high, and taking that 2% each time LOL! But, yes I'll definitely nair a lot more next time, or maybe not even go norfair vs him. I think brinstar would've been a lot better for me :\.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIXSIx8QHzs

How the **** did I get hit by that downB last stock? Holy ****, I thought it was BS at the time, but now I know it's BS. I must've slipped my finger or something and he just caught me while the shield was going down, but I know I was at least trying to hold down shield. ****!!!!! Advice is always welcome, but I think I can handle snake pretty well, other than getting my shield broken :p.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
I think alphicans should up-b more and pressure more efficiently on the platforms, like instead of nairing and di away for wutever reason use nair/u air again and then up b.

Also don't be afraid that you'll misstime ur shield and get hit by mk's glide attack when he uses the up-b just get rite into him and shield grab his b*itch@ss. I didn't watch the whole thing but that wut i saw wrong in my opinion.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Man I hate you guys. Stop being lazy.
We have characters like Sheik thinking they go even with us pfffffffff

step it up, and less trolling (looking at you alphicans)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm fairly convinced now that UTD Zac uses a hacked version of brawl lol.

Good ****, loving the consecutive 9s.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hey guys, I did really well at a tourney yesterday :).

In doubles...

Winner's Bracket
Defeated Cloudfox & P-Wii (2-0)
Lost to Mew2king and Zucco (0-2)

Loser's Bracket
Defeated Rizakor & Narutoakatyrell (2-0)
Defeated Snakeee & Ether (2-0)
Lost to Dmbrandon & Shadow (1-2)

Me and Izumi. We got 5th / 11. We brought shadow and dm really close, it was last stock last hit, us 2 vs them 1. And we messed up :/ but it was fun.

In singles...

Winner's Bracket
Defeated Cloudfox (2-0)
Lost to ADHD (0-2)

Loser's Bracket
Defeated PRiDE (2-0)
Defeated Snakeee (2-1)
Defeated Atomsk (2-1)
Lost to Shadow (1-2)

I made Shadow switch to Wario after I beat his mk, lol. I got to work on the Wario MU! D: I need to learn how defeat really campy Warios. He's soo good lol.

I got 7th / 29.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I don't like saving replays after beating good players because they get tense :/.

I should just ask my opponents to agree to save it before the set. :smash:

Splice

Smash Hero
Nice work PGN!

you should try to ressurect Pentas tournament results thread and post this in there.

Noraa

Smash Lord
eh, i was doing good on aib ladder....until i ran into a ftilt happy mk....always depresses me lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't like saving replays after beating good players because they get tense :/.

I should just ask my opponents to agree to save it before the set. :smash:
Just have them add a clause to tournament that states that, by the act of entering, they are agreeing that any and all footage of their gameplay recorded at the tournament will be put online.

Especially if they're good, they should expect to have the videos up. I've got some videos online where I'm doing terrible/getting massacred. It's not that big of a deal XD

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Hey im new in the game and watch boards and stuff,
I was wondering if someone knows wut a good partner for a game and watch would be in a doubles match

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
IMO a "good partner" would be alot of characters lol
G&W makes it work

but greater/ more common combinations are
G&W ZSS/bucket teams
G&W MK
G&W DK?

i think x_x

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
falco generally isnt very great in teams lol

Mr.E
i feel double G&W is very underrated xD
but maybe cuz i've never really tried it lol

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
would snake b good?

cuz snake is just plane good, and couldnt gnw help snake recover with uair or up b

idk just thinking :-D

Top Bottom