• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I can't say I've ever played an amazing Zamus, but I gotta friend who casually plays her pretty well. Gimp like crazy, and up-b sweetspot the ledge before she can up-b onto it. Thats about all I can offer, lol.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ugh now i know why alot of people feel the urge to drop G&W lol

doing bad in a tourney really discourages you >_>
especially when you lose because of the same reason
ma fault i didn't learn-.-

hope this feeling goes away ._.
*mains MK*

as for the ZSS MU

when i fought patg,i just predicted his side B's/B lazer and came in quickly with a shield
if i Powershielded it,i went for fair/dsmash
if i just shielded it,i dtilted and pressured him offstage

shield alot then punish,spot dodging puts u in risk for a side B or dsmash/B laser

u can pressure ZSS with SH bairs too,but don't be predictable about it lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
I have this really stupid problem that almost costed me the set...

I can do the hard part of punishing mk's special attacks (getting them into freefall), but not the easy part :/...

When they're in freefall, and about to land, I choke... should I go for the 9 midair, or just wait, to sh dair dtilt? I try to smash them when they're 70+%, but I always get tricked by their DI... this really shouldn't be a problem for me lol...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol well nobody can help ya there
that all depends on how well you can read your opponent ._.

VaJaJ

Smash Cadet
@ pgn u should wait a little longer before commiting yourself to a certain direction, that's wut i think anyways. Plz tell me that some of your matches was recorded like that one vs orion sounds mad good 0.o

Vinnie

Smash Master
Noe :/ I saved the replays (infinite replays) vs Orion, but Ninjalink told me the file is too large (8 mins long twice) and wouldn't play or something, idk yet...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Also information against ZSS...
Game & Watch is one of the few characters that can't shield the last hit of her jab.

I think if you DI down you can but I can't remember lol.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Ugh this kept happening

I'm holding shield

I get hit by his first 2 hits and then perfield shield his last one, then I get hit by 3 more jabs. I'm pretty sure her jab comes out on frame 1.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
super off topic question

so whatcha all doing fer the holidays?
girlfriends?LOLNOREALLY

any tournies?:o

i think theres at least 2 more in my area before this year ends!
including the one that lolpgnlol is scared 2 go cuz hes lolscared of the lolneighborhood:p
gona practice practice =D
working on the TL MU atm

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm not scared at all to go to it, my mom is though. ~_~... I was actually allowed to go this time but I have practice SATs on that day :/. GL though. I'm going to Doom's house tourney this weekend, and of course Ally / adhd / atomsk and all of them will be there. I never get a break :/...

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I have a tourney on monday.

Half of our power ranked players wont be there, so maybe I'll make it out of pools...

Unlikely

I'm thinking I might do ok in teams though. I'm teaming with the best ZSS in Australia. Just a matter of getting some good chemistry going on the day.

kaak

Smash Journeyman
super off topic question

so whatcha all doing fer the holidays?
girlfriends?LOLNOREALLY

any tournies?:o

i think theres at least 2 more in my area before this year ends!
including the one that lolpgnlol is scared 2 go cuz hes lolscared of the lolneighborhood:p
gona practice practice =D
working on the TL MU atm
2 tournies before the end of this year
working on school
Jogging
and sleeping

Splice

Smash Hero
I have a tourney on monday.

Half of our power ranked players wont be there, so maybe I'll make it out of pools...

Unlikely

I'm thinking I might do ok in teams though. I'm teaming with the best ZSS in Australia. Just a matter of getting some good chemistry going on the day.
Stop it! If you've improved as much as it sounds I'm sure you'll be fine!

Zero isnt best ZSS Australia! Just NSW imo

Answering Penta

On the holidays im going to the bush, where our (my familys) old house is, and we'll be there for like 9 days. Then just going to the beach and sleeping and wifi and friends. I plan on making some comic books and an art portfolio at some stage, for fun. lol i never get to go overseas...

We have no tournies on the holidays but im hosting one for my n00by school friends, with like 8-12 people. It's self funded too! Will be fun to watch haha. Hopefully some decent smash meets though.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
hmm holidays.
2 tournys.
work extra hours to pay Christmas presents.
pretty much it. yay.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
im glad my post brought up some hype xP
<3

lol kaak
jogging?:o
i thought you were a gamer!!?! be lazy like all of us D:<

and gl to everyone
never give up D:<!!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
The only tourney Ohio has left is Delta Upsilon, and I don't even feel like going. But the new year will bring Dayton, OH tournies every month

maybe

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Even though this is always like, the first unstickied thread on the page, someone wanna get this stickied? pwease?

Hey, I was thinking, why don't we have a list of what characters we can techchase--> regrab?

I did a little testing on my own. Wolf can be regrabbed if he just techs it, or if he techs away from you while you face him, but you can't regrab if he techs away behind you. (unless i'm doing it wrong, but I don't think I am)

with Marth (and meta knight I believe) you can't regrab after just teching (not going in either direction) because up-b > everything.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
JKBUK, I was wonder the same thing. Why isn't this stickied and why don't we have a list of characters we can tech-chase after dthrow. I'd like to know all possible follow up options. Can I run and upsmash them or will they be able to powershield it? Does running SH fair always work?

Laem

Smash Champion
in MK vs GW ive always seen that if mk doesnt tech, n then rolls, left or right, he eats a running upsmash(uncharged)

Also are you certain about wolf? In JKBUkno's words: down-b > everything.
Although it is entirely possible wolfs tech animation takes longer

random visitor out

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
w00t, sticky.

I'm positive about wolf. (i don't think there's another G&W who knows the wolf match up as well as I, thank you JCav)

Zac, I'll take the time to do it if ya want, so long as my friend don't mind.
run--> upsmash only works if they don't tech (which I suppose I could test too, but how long until the character decides to get up can vary, so results really wouldn't be too reliable) that and everyone should tech anyways, i haven't played ANYONE in a long time who doesn't tech that.

And i've always wondered about SH fair. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, but its possible it might.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you know there was a guy that suggested this a few weeks ago but ya'll ignored him ._.

you guys are mean lol </3

and yay sticky

lou4222

Smash Lord
Its also important to know which characters get hit by a D throw immediate d smash or forawrd smash. MK gets hit every single time if he doesnt tech it.

I know dedede doesnt get it even if he doesnt tech it. I have wanted to test this and make a post on it, but unfortunately havnt gotten around to it.

I believe diddy and olimar also get hit if they dont tech it. By pound I will know this stuff for sure though:)

BTW I love UTDs new avatar.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Its also important to know which characters get hit by a D throw immediate d smash or forawrd smash. MK gets hit every single time if he doesnt tech it.

I know dedede doesnt get it even if he doesnt tech it. I have wanted to test this and make a post on it, but unfortunately havnt gotten around to it.

I believe diddy and olimar also get hit if they dont tech it. By pound I will know this stuff for sure though:)

BTW I love UTDs new avatar.
olimar does get hit.

diddy i don't think so but i may be wrong.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

My reaction time sucks. I get about 16 frames on average.

If you want to try it out, multiply your result by 60 to get your answer in frames.

D-throw F-smash ***** Olimar if he doesn't tech. He's almost always going to DI towards the stage since he doesn't want to get gimped by D-smash. =P

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

My reaction time sucks. I get about 16 frames on average.

If you want to try it out, multiply your result by 60 to get your answer in frames.

D-throw F-smash ***** Olimar if he doesn't tech. He's almost always going to DI towards the stage since he doesn't want to get gimped by D-smash. =P
Nice reaction test thing. Very helpful!
:)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
awesome thingy there. mines about 15, but i'm also finding it really hard to concentrate right now, lol.

TBH, i don't care much for finding anything out about not teching, because they should never NOT tech. its stupid not to, i can think of very few situations where you wouldn't want to. I honestly don't think I've played anyone in months up here who doesn't know how to tech.

btw, i've only done it a couple times, but I know there's a way to dair-kill all of olimars pikmin as he pulls them out, but whenever I've tried it in practice, it always goes right thru them. whats up with that?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mine's also about 15.

Not teching is a mindgame, although it certainly puts the person at a disadvantage.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
14 myself, which makes me feel a bit sad :(
But I imagine your reaction time jumps when actually playing a match so it should be okay. Right?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
TBH, i don't care much for finding anything out about not teching, because they should never NOT tech. its stupid not to, i can think of very few situations where you wouldn't want to. I honestly don't think I've played anyone in months up here who doesn't know how to tech.
If you learn to techchase guys like Olimar, Bowser, ROB, or G&W on reaction from D-throw, they will have a reason not to tech D-throw. =D

And yeah Mr Esc, the more seriously you choose to play, the better your reaction time gets.

I swear though that I was REALLY trying to be focussed when I was doing that test...and I've always had a gut feeling from my playstyle that I don't actually rely on reaction very much.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
13. is that good or bad LOL.
i'm gunna john anyway that i just woke up. :D

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Well I suppose it'd be good to know with characters that don't have a tech option to escape (i don't think wario does) but most characters seem to have an option one way or another

Morleh

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'd just like to thank you GnW people for helping me become a much better GnW player. I guess I'll be posting here now!

Hm, pertaining to the topic at hand, my reaction seems to be 14.16 frames.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
lol i love how i'll be playing on the ladder, and people tell me "GW is soooo good on wifi."
-sigh- if only he was.

Top Bottom