• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I think it's pretty good. I've been practicing him alot on wifi and P4, Xyro, and Smoom came over yesterday and I only dropped one game against Smoom. Xyro went Marth though.

Game and Watch sucks against Marth, right? I do better with him than Peach :(

z00ted

I think Game and Watch is really fun for Peach players because we are really good at predicting jump and reading landings (with ground floated moves), and we are already good at stringing moves together.

It feels so great when I actually read my opponent and kill them at like 60-80% and my fair is fresh 90% of the time.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I think Game and Watch is really fun for Peach players because we are really good at predicting jump and reading landings (with ground floated moves), and we are already good at stringing moves together.

It feels so great when I actually read my opponent and kill them at like 60-80% and my fair is fresh 90% of the time.
Feels good to have nice read and to get ridiculous kills at 60%. I agree. Enjoy the 2D raep master.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I hate how GaW kills relatively earlier than Ganon. Curse FSmash for being his best punish.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Nah. They're good, don't get me wrong... Safe on shield, massive damage and knockback, some of the best punishes in the game, and even dsmash has great combo and gimpability etc. but the start up on them is too much. They're easy to see coming and hard to hit with most of the time. I am not sure if versatile is the best word. I'd give most versatile to MK.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wario's FSmash is the best FSmash in the game. No contest. Comes out quickly, armoured, does lots of damage, and kills.

Also if you're complaining about slow smashes, Ganon's FSmash is frame 24 :p

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Nah. They're good, don't get me wrong... Safe on shield, massive damage and knockback, some of the best punishes in the game, and even dsmash has great combo and gimpability etc. but the start up on them is too much. They're easy to see coming and hard to hit with most of the time. I am not sure if versatile is the best word. I'd give most versatile to MK.
Yeah, most things have their downside...At least the cooldown for DSmash isn't too much. FSmash lasts awhile, and USmash has IASA frames sooooooooo...

MK huh? I dunno, do MKs use USmash often? I mostly see DSmash from them, some FSmash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wario's FSmash is the best FSmash in the game. No contest. Comes out quickly, armoured, does lots of damage, and kills.

Also if you're complaining about slow smashes, Ganon's FSmash is frame 24 :p
Ganon's F-smash actually is a good move though. Slowish startup is forgivable when the range (due to leanback) and KO power are REALLY EFFING GOOD. If you gave that move to someone like...Peach or Samus, they would likely rise very noticeably on the tiers. Too bad it's on Ganon though. On almost any other character that can bait effectively at midrange, it would have been truly godly.

Not Ganon's DAir. Best DAir in the game.

Could you imagine MK with it?
MK, G&W, Falco, Lucario, Peach, and arguably Ness have better D-airs. Ganon however has the best Dash attack in the game (MK, Falco, and Samus imo tie for 2nd place). Imagine just how much better everyone else would be if they had Ganon's Dash Attack. Especially Mario and Link for instance.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Well can't really say which move is the best because they all have so many different use and properties, it's like comparing apples and lemons.
So do you like apples, or lemon? :D

z00ted

lol

You got problems if you don't think Peach's dair is the best.

I can show anyone if they want :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Peach can float to help her Dair. Imagine if Link had good side air movement with his Dair.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Does anyone here have that one friend (or ARE that one friend) that mains Gw and knows EXACTLY when the hammer is going to 9, and it's impossible for you to figure out or get him to tell you how he knows?

My friennd from college uses GW and he ALWAYS gets a 9 when he calls it, AND it hits... It's rediculous. If he calls it, but it misses, it usually is not a nine.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm that friend, actually.

I've learned that 9s will always occur at the silliest moments possible, or on edgeguards when they just can't make it back anyways.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Does anyone here have that one friend (or ARE that one friend) that mains Gw and knows EXACTLY when the hammer is going to 9, and it's impossible for you to figure out or get him to tell you how he knows?

My friennd from college uses GW and he ALWAYS gets a 9 when he calls it, AND it hits... It's rediculous. If he calls it, but it misses, it usually is not a nine.
There was a time when i would call it out a lot but I stopped believing and always fails now

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes you can feel a nine coming, right before you do the move. Just sometimes...

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581

Hahaha I have a friend like that. He can somehow feel when the 9 is comming. More divine power much? lol.

I 9ed a MK out of Shuttle Loop on Brinstar in tournament.

And still lost. =(
Damn A2, you should stay hyper confident after landing that one.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Damn A2, you should stay hyper confident after landing that one.
Yeah honestly...it was really silly that I lost that match and if I didn't let the 9 get to my head, I probably could have won. Uncharacteristically bad DI against MK's D-smash will do you in though especially on that stage.

I got my revenge in losers though. The guy actually mains ICs and I beat him with Mario lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I also know when Gordos are coming too.

I'll see them recovering or jumping. I'll have a mental process something like:

BAIR
Wait, no, Gordo
*pulls Gordo*
Aww yeaaah.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
@A2

I guess brinstar is definitively MK's most broken CP, so yeah, you did your best. These short blastzones, seriously...
How is the Mario MU vs ICs? Anyway I'm pretty sure you enjoyed getting revenge on him. :p

@Arizen

Hah dude, you just made me laugh badly. ^^

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario vs ICs is like 55/45 ICs overall...evenish on Battlefield and Lylat. like 6/4 ICs on FD. 55/45 Mario's favor on Brinstar.

Mario doesn't really care about Blizzard since it loses to fireball camping, or if he has balls, Cape. D-air is very hard for the ICs to punish and separates them easily and Mario dominates the hell out of solo Popo (honestly who doesn't?). ICs have gay stuff like grab, a decent U-air, and SideB (seriously, that move is like Mach Tornado when they're together) that makes them still lame though.

Top Bottom