• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I wouldn't focus on feeling bad about it. If you come out of a tournament with the mindset that you should've done better, then you will begin to think you just had a bad day, and that usually you'd do better, and in the end will undermine your flaws. It's best to come out of the tournament knowing you deserved to lose due to dumb mistakes, despite how stupid lucky your opponent got.

I have the same issue often. This last tournament I got stage ***** so many times and placed 4th :/. MK shuttle looped me at like 0% near the blastzone on RC, and I SD'd underneath the lip of FD. Then in loser's semi's I was about to kill an MK on RC, but then the stage transitioned and the blastzone got bigger, so he lived, and then went on to win the match (timed me out). In the end you just gotta accept that you shouldn't put your self in such terrible situations.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I just made stupid mistakes for the most part. That, and I still have a lot of learning to do.
A lot of my deaths against the Snake were not from C4, his tilts, aerials, or grenades. They were from me fastfalling onto a landmine while resetting my jumps during juggling. I also died once from the final delayed hit of the laser on Halberd.
Against MK I just kept grinding against his shield thinking each time that something different would happen.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I got 9/20 at a local tournament...I didn't think that was too bad... Since I've only been to two tournaments, so I still have a lot of potential, right?

You can all just agree with me to make me feel better.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Yes Ominous, I agree with you.
I also think I may be expecting too rapid an improvement from myself, seeing as how I haven't even been going to events for a year yet, and they're rather few and far between where I am.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There's no way in hell we lose to ZSS. I played a ZSS who used to be ranked in my region before the scene revival, 2 stocked him game 1, 3 stocked him the second game.

Also I pretty much ended up going straight GaW. Only sets I lost were to players who were genuinely better than me.

Except for amateur bracket. My C-Stick broke midway through a game.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
There's no way in hell we lose to ZSS. I played a ZSS who used to be ranked in my region before the scene revival, 2 stocked him game 1, 3 stocked him the second game.

Also I pretty much ended up going straight GaW. Only sets I lost were to players who were genuinely better than me.

Wow breaking a controller while playing. Should have been a pain. O.o

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I CStick all my smashes.

Also all my aerials except NAir.

And I CStick+B for Side-B, though that's more important with D3.

The worst part was it was against a Wario. So I was basically stuck with NAir. I ended up losing, switched to the new controller I had just bought from our sponsors, and lost on cruise because I was relying on a steady supply of gum to not choke/succumb to nerves. I had run out by that point.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad

Probably didn't know the MU lol

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hey guys Im doing a run through of all the pokemon games for charity, come check it:

http://justin.tv/utdzac

Finished in under 6hrs:

Nice.

Ah, so I'm justified in feeling bad about it. I didn't get to beat anybody good, lost to the fifth place Snake and fourth place MK.
Just look at what you did wrong, what you did right. From there figure out how to do what you did wrong less and how you can put yourself in a position to do what you did right more often. This varies from spacing/conditioning/etc.

Just how does the latter justify the former?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because I don't see ZSS having good options. Especially if we can get her to play around the ledge. imo ZSS loses hard above us and is extremely punishable when she misses us, her attacks not particularly being hard to avoid. ZSS has to keep on her toes if she wants to beat us, and we can just sort of chill near the ledge.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Because I don't see ZSS having good options. Especially if we can get her to play around the ledge. imo ZSS loses hard above us and is extremely punishable when she misses us, her attacks not particularly being hard to avoid. ZSS has to keep on her toes if she wants to beat us, and we can just sort of chill near the ledge.
You can't "chill near the ledge" unless you're referring to planking, and even then ZSS' Dsmash is one of the best anti-G&W planking moves IMO. Also, you can say all of the others about G&W too.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks ToC, I feel not-lame.

Ominous, how are tourney's around there?
How are tournaments? Care to elaborate a little? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

They're fun, yeah, but I've only been to a few. A lot of the Smashers seem like they know each other well. I think our smash scene might be smaller than most, but we've got some great players. And some of out higher ranked players have gotten pretty good placings at some of the bigger tournaments.

I've heard someone say that AZ is the 2nd best state in the region, behind Texas of course.

I CStick all my smashes.

Also all my aerials except NAir.
I am so awesome, I C-stick my Nair.

Just kidding.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You can actually CStick NAir if you have your stick set to tilt.

I used to, but I had no idea how to smash.

Wow, I'm so ridiculously C-Stick reliant. Watch the next smash not have a C-Stick, and me be trash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I dunno, if it's on the 3DS, you could probably map either the D-pad or the "stick" to Smashes.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I dunno, if it's on the 3DS, you could probably map either the D-pad or the "stick" to Smashes.
Oh talking about 3DS. I bough mine few days ago, and that console is amazing. The line up games are not extremely good, but still, I'm surprised by the 3D effect it can render. If there ever would be a smash on that console, it would totally kick ***. Though if you would ever imagine a multplayer mode, it would means several 3DS + games... AFFFF.

Though I wonder how they would handle buttons mapping... Hope your statement will be applied.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Almost forgot, touchscreen would be very interesting in Smash, even if only for button mapping.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Seeing as how Nintendo markets Smash as a party game mainly known for its multiplayer, I highly doubt they'd put it on a portable system where you can only play one person at a time.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Seeing as how Nintendo markets Smash as a party game mainly known for its multiplayer, I highly doubt they'd put it on a portable system where you can only play one person at a time.
I dunno, look at Mario Kart. That game is clearly meant to be played multiplayer. Look at how successful MKDS was. Hell even Mario Party made it to handhelds.

Why not Smash? Making Smash portable would only increase the ability to make it multiplayer, because it would be much less of a burden to organize in person events. On a casual level, I bet that making it DS downloadable content would not be particularly hard. I'll even bet that as a marketing strategy, Nintendo will make the hidden characters and stages only available for people who actually own the game. ;)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
iunno, I could see Smash on the 3DS. I mean, as A2Z said, Mario Kart DS was a great success, and is the second best Mario Kart to date. I could at the very least see some form of Nintendo fighter on the 3DS. After all, so far we have SSF43D, and that cartoon fighter game that was announced (I can't remember the title).

Top Bottom