• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Ah and I left out a key part. When I said play "hyper active" I meant to prioritize all of those key tips I gave you over trying to do normal things (like use aerials for pressure). Your goal is to just go crazy with all these banana tricks, that way you can maintain control and avoid Diddy trying to predict your actions.
Maintain control of the field. Yeah sure, but it does not always work. Of course, you must somehow STICK to him whenever he pulls a banana so you can catch it and instantly use it for your own pleasure, but smart players only pull it when they are safe.

Imo If you manage to have full control over his banana, the MU becomes much easier. I use a lot of Zdrop nanas > Smash in this MU when I predict a non shielding options from diddy. Works better then expected.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
@Zac: ok ill do that

@Alphicians: you should be over to jump over the f-tilt with your B-air
He can cover all options by just sitting there in shield then. Like the send you jump he can shield and if you decide to bair he can upB, if you decide to dodge he can grab or nair you. This is definitely not a game of rock paper scizzors.

clowsui

Smash Legend
if you sh over MK w/ gw and you choose to cross up it's fairly ambiguous if you mix up

furthermore if you don't bair and you let his shield go down then he loses something there

idk very much about game and watch but just thinking about it it's not quite that simple, i've played the MU before w/ pocket MK in friendlies vs today and i can't just camp ftilts

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
He can cover all options by just sitting there in shield then. Like the send you jump he can shield and if you decide to bair he can upB, if you decide to dodge he can grab or nair you. This is definitely not a game of rock paper scizzors.
no, no, no

you aren't considering reaction rime when it comes to this.

If he's shielding you can wait until you're right upon his sheld to make you decision

if he's wait for the attack so he can grab, you can air dodge to buffered turn around grab since he's going to be waiting for the shield lag from your attac in order to time his shield grab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRjNLjQcebc#t=5m50s

this is the kind of thing I"m talking about. What I did could be easily punished in theory

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What you did would easily be punished by any MK. He had more than enough time to react.

And I ALWAYS incorporate reaction time when talking about theoreticals. Always....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
This discussion reminds me greatly of the argument a while back with Verm over Ganon vs. Icies being 0:100. He's of the opinion it isn't.

BUT IF YOU OUTSMART/OUTPREDICT/ETC YOUR OPPONENT.

Christ, if I could outsmart and outpredict my opponent 100% of the time, do you think I'd have switched from Ganon?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
What you did would easily be punished by any MK. He had more than enough time to react.

And I ALWAYS incorporate reaction time when talking about theoreticals. Always....
didn't you notice that he thought I was gonna land in front so he grabbed? He couldn't react, he was already grabbing

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes.

Unless you have frame perfect timing, when you forward smash with the control stick + A, you're actually dashing, then immediately interrupting with a smash. This means that every time you don't FSmash with the CStick, you have that ominous 1% trip chance.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
MK...Diddy...I've always felt that Marth was the worst... At the few tournaments I've been to, I've had the most trouble with Marth.

I use the C-stick with aerials mostly. If I use it for anything else, it's for a Dsmash.

Splice

Smash Hero
I feel so comfortable with GaW as a char.
I feel Marth is 65:35
MK is 60:40 at worst
Diddy feels 55:45 (although i am bad at it sometimes, GaW does have to think a lot more)

I find Toon Link hard.
And Fox is my least favourite MU. Just can't beat Fox.

Everything else seems ezzzzyy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Try fighting Team Tabuu.

Which would mean what, 10 of them, and 3 at a time. Oh, yeah, you thought avoiding those attacks was easy.

Come to think of it, in order to unlock every character, you HAD to play through SSE. What, were they worried people wouldn't play it? I'd play it just for the boss music.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Try fighting Team Tabuu.

Which would mean what, 10 of them, and 3 at a time. Oh, yeah, you thought avoiding those attacks was easy.

Come to think of it, in order to unlock every character, you HAD to play through SSE. What, were they worried people wouldn't play it? I'd play it just for the boss music.
I beat boss battles on very hard:grin:.
If you play a certain number of matches challengers will appear without playing subspace. I liked subspace
Link is actually good

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I beat SSE and Boss Battles, both on Intense.

I even beat boss battles without Brawl Minus. SSE with Minus is actually harder than with vBrawl.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I meant intense, it's been a while so I was thinking very hard was the hardest like melee. Intense SSE is fun, my 'party' was usually Link, Falco, C Falcon, and Pikachu; this was all before I had wifi or started competitive Brawl. I should play that again.
Brawl minus has boss battles? That sounds fun!

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I meant intense, it's been a while so I was thinking very hard was the hardest like melee. Intense SSE is fun, my 'party' was usually Link, Falco, C Falcon, and Pikachu; this was all before I had wifi or started competitive Brawl. I should play that again.
Brawl minus has boss battles? That sounds fun!
Actually it's crazy with Minus, because of all that hitstun. But very fun indeed.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I use C-Stick for convenience, speed, and better control/DI.

Yes.

Unless you have frame perfect timing, when you forward smash with the control stick + A, you're actually dashing, then immediately interrupting with a smash. This means that every time you don't FSmash with the CStick, you have that ominous 1% trip chance.
You can trip with C-Stick...

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
you can only trip at the beginning of a dash and while turning around during dash. This is why you trip some times when trying to forward B and forward smash with A since you end up dashing for a few frames before the attacks come out.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I feel so comfortable with GaW as a char.
I feel Marth is 65:35
MK is 60:40 at worst
Diddy feels 55:45 (although i am bad at it sometimes, GaW does have to think a lot more)

I find Toon Link hard.
And Fox is my least favourite MU. Just can't beat Fox.

Everything else seems ezzzzyy
I feel Marth is 70:30, but I've only had few experience against him in tournaments. But I really don't know what to do in the matchup.

I agree that MK is 60:40 too, along with Snake.

Diddy is either 55:45, or 60:40. I don't think he's THAT hard. It's just his bananas that make him difficult.

Toon Link is about even in my opinion.

I don't think any other matchup is TOO hard. Maybe Ice Climbers, but I'm not sure, I've never really played one.

Rizen

Smash Legend
(The pony invasion spreads to the G&W boards:eek:)
Welcome, I'm fairly new too. What character(s) do you already play?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Random tip of the day you didnt see coming.

If MK dthrows you, don't DI. It makes it harder for him to follow up. If you DI down he can dash attack or run at you to punish. if you DI up he can uair or shuttle loop or other various things.

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnCcHhoQ6U (pgn stealing my balloon trick :O)

EDIT: Vinnie, @6:17 you should have gone for the donuts on the right. They appear way earlier than expected, you might have lived.

EDIT2: You're execution is amazing. Nice flow. Excellent use of dash attack and bair spacing.

More delicious footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLA1KMbydzU

Top Bottom