• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't actually seen a 3DS yet. They sound really sweet.

The problem is SSBs isn't like any other fighting series. (excuse my spelling :/ )Tecken, Soul Calabur, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and so on use traditional fighter dynamics, SSBs has damage and 4 players being shot into the sky and sharking under the stage.

All this is just opinion and speculation but I think SSBs needs a big screen.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you're really underestimating how much you can fit on a small screen, as well as the fact that there is some unknown potential for the implementation of 2 screes to mitigate problems or add more conveniences. Being a handheld system is not a barrier for different genres to overcome. It's simply a new challenge for game developers to adapt to.

Also, keep in mind, the 3DS is slightly larger than the DS Lite/DSi in terms of pixel dimensions.

Compare 320 × 240 on the 3DS to 256 × 192 for its predecessors. Kinda a small difference, but it does matter.

Splice

Smash Hero
lol smash on 3DS
I sure hope there is another ssb game, on an actual console. 3DS experience wouldnt suffice imo.

A2Z, whilst it is a challenge to adapt to a small screen, and we can overcome that...
Bigger screen will still be better so i wouldnt blame anyone for preffering that

Also I SPLIT MY Z-BUTTON IN TWO by playing. So sad need new controller for Major in a week :s

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I think you're really underestimating how much you can fit on a small screen, as well as the fact that there is some unknown potential for the implementation of 2 screes to mitigate problems or add more conveniences. Being a handheld system is not a barrier for different genres to overcome. It's simply a new challenge for game developers to adapt to.

Also, keep in mind, the 3DS is slightly larger than the DS Lite/DSi in terms of pixel dimensions.

Compare 320 × 240 on the 3DS to 256 × 192 for its predecessors. Kinda a small difference, but it does matter.
actually top screen is 400 X 240, bottom is 320 X 240. And also because the size of the actual screen is small, it means a pretty good pixel density which gives the illusion of some actual nice graphic quality. Small screens never been a problem for developpers, imo.

Edit: forum skin..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Splice

Smash Hero
Placed 5th at a major (personally I think that's exactly where I deserved)
There weren't a lot of entrants and there wasn't the best payout either, but we had all the best players except 1 or 2 in attendance, so it was pretty legit.

Came 2nd in doubles, ended up playing 3 best of 5's with the team that came first, and every set went down to game 5... 15 games =___= So worn out just by the end of the 2nd set. Pot was also incredibly small because doubles was on day 2 of the tournament and most people just left after Singles the day before :/

Results and Bracket for Austalian Cyber League

Probably my last tournament with GaW (except in doubles probably), since I'm not as keen on the game now and will be just mucking around now, and will be focusing on Melee instead. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Thanks Arizen!

And Snake and Diddy in teams... phew, you have no idea man

Theres this one thing they do when we let them get together for too long and they get this banana and mine setup and throw grenades and peanuts at us and its so hard to get past.

We only slipped up enough to allow them to set this up twice in the whole thing, but we went from winning to losing badly as soon as they did it, lost so much % trying to get past that amazing barrage of projectiles, and ended up dropping the two games where they did that. QQ

And aside from that there's just crap everywhere and it gets way too hard to focus. Afraid to do attack strings and at high %'s i can do hardly anything coz of the nades making it too risky. And walking over C4s as they explode at that 20sec counter =____=

Ah well that's enough complaining from me :p

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
How can G&W stuck the Bacon, i know how to get out of the stuck (Buffer B) but how can i get it stucked? any tricks?
There's no reason to get stuck in buffered bacon. You can just spam B and get faster bacon output than if you're stuck.

You answered your own question. The get stuck you simply "Buffer Bacon" after anything. Nair > Bacon, SideB > Bacon, anything that isn't bacon itself (Cause that stops it).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Always buffer a doubletap if you're afraid of the Chef glitch.

Although honestly, the situations where Bacon is actually useful virtually never require buffering it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How should I deal with opponents who have better reach than G&W? A really good C Falcon, sculptedtorso, just murdered me; I could barely get in attacks.

I need to learn MUs and start by playing lower level people :/ .

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Can you explain what exactly he's doing to you? C.falcon should not be a hard match-up... lol. It's like easily one of his top 5 worst match-ups.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Can you explain what exactly he's doing to you? C.falcon should not be a hard match-up... lol. It's like easily one of his top 5 worst match-ups.
Reading me really well, lol. Jab cancel>Utilt/Ftilt, spacing Uairs to hit past my attacks, Ftilting my approaches, DAC Usmashing my jumps, shield>OoS UpBs, playing aggressively, air combos, well spaced shield>punish my poorly spaced anything. Basically exploiting all my scrubbyness lol. + the wifi lag made me even easier to read:c.

I'm used to having good reach and don't know how to deal with characters who out reach G&W like Marth, Ike, Snake, CF etc.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Snake and CF don't out range you. You should be able to attack C.falcon fairly easily without getting ftilted :/.

And how the **** does jab cancel to utilt work lol?!?

Rizen

Smash Legend
And how the **** does jab cancel to utilt work lol?!?
I panicked and tried to DI out>Fsmash like with Link:urg:.
(3:06 to 3:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjwBtl0JZB8)
I didn't save any G&W replays :/ they were terrible. There is 1 vs Falco in the video thread.

Really, I just don't know what to do with G&W:urg:. Everything is improvisation and guessing what options work/don't work. Then vs good people I panic and revert to my old Link playstyle (not a good thing :/ ).

But it's also nice to be a scrub ready to learn. People don't care when scrubs do stupid things and are clueless *shrug*. I'll improve eventually.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
All of his aerials we beat. I've come in contact with his uair so many times, and I've noticed it only beats dair when he's already close enough to you and you haven't started using dair. If you're falling with dair and he tried to uair you, it won't beat you.

I have attacked his nair with every aerial and beat it every time with near 100% success. If you're talking about tilts, I am not really sure if our dtilt outranges his ftilt, but it might be pretty close.

Dair vs utilt is so weird. I swear it's like a 50% success rate of beating it head on. Since it's such a fast attack it probably beats it, and I am only winning because I am catching him in the cool down frames. So what do you mean by he outranges us?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Dair vs utilt is so weird. I swear it's like a 50% success rate of beating it head on. Since it's such a fast attack it probably beats it, and I am only winning because I am catching him in the cool down frames. So what do you mean by he outranges us?
Utilt definitely beats Dair. If Snake tries too hard for a strong hit Utilt then it's easy to bait, though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
CF is free. Just throw out a lot of fullhop F-airs and D-tilts, since he can't challenge any of it directly. You don't need to kill him outright when his recovery dies to slowfall D-airs and weak F-airs. He is both easy for G&W to juggle and techchase as well.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm surprised you didn't mention Bair... the one move the beats like half the cast (especially Diddy without bananas and Snake without grenades).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's simpler and safer to space F-airs most of the time, and the goal is to generally get him offstage. I guess you could B-air, just you don't really need it in this matchup especially since F-air usually gets the job done with more reward.

Chances are a lot of what Falcon is going to do to attempt to break G&W's walls loses to shield as well so yeah, it's honestly just dumb how well equipped G&W is to shut Falcon down.

Rizen

Smash Legend
CF is free. Just throw out a lot of fullhop F-airs and D-tilts, since he can't challenge any of it directly. You don't need to kill him outright when his recovery dies to slowfall D-airs and weak F-airs. He is both easy for G&W to juggle and techchase as well.
Okay. I did the same scrub mistake in the past and lost to a Jigglypuff then got advice and 2 stocked the next one, lol.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Illmatic + GW = Not peach (ono)

Glad that I'm not the only Peach main that went GW XD!

Do you second Peach or dual main?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I will eventually main Game and Watch.. but for now too many people won't let me.

:(

I may use him at Ozzfest though.

Top Bottom