• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PacWest Melee: NWM! - IMPULSE Circuit! Results Are Up!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
A player did not qualify for brackets but was placed into brackets anyway, and actually was allowed to make progress through the bracket. This is unacceptable and would never have been allowed at any major in any other community, and I am shocked that it was allowed in this community so willingly by so many players.

I am quite sad.

The circumstances of this happening were not only NOT extreme OR unusual, but were actually quite black and white. A player did not come to the tournament in a proper mental state and because of this did not qualify for the brackets. This was not an extreme circumstance where a player had some sort of medical emergency or something like that and a bracket did not FINISH, but simply a player that did not qualify and was given special treatment.

Dislike.

Regardless of HOW he was placed into the bracket, he was placed into the bracket. I don't really care who's spot he took, all I know is there are a lot of players who came ready on day one who would have loved to have been given an equal opportunity to place 4th and still play on day two. Even more importantly, there are people who came ready, placed top 3, and were out placed by a player who didn't even qualify for the event.

That is why I withdrew from the tournament.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Thank you so much for hosting this tournament Silent Wolf and GC Guy. This was the most fun I have ever had playing Melee, and everyone I met was awesome.

Shoutouts:

Scar - Easily one my favorite players now, I love your play style and commentary. You really get into the game and hype things up. The People's Champ!

Noobking/Adam - You were a blast to play against and seem like a really great guy, thanks for money matching me

S2J - It was good to play you in friendlies and in pools. You are so good, let me know if you have any advice for me.

Yakal - Pew.

Toph - I enjoyed our tournament set, and I almost took a game off you...maybe I'll get you next time.

Axe/Lovage/PP/Silent Wolf/Tope/Scar/S2J - Thank you guys for signing my Gamecube. I love it!

Mattdotzeb - It was really fun to play you in friendlies, thanks for coming all the way from Boston.

Gimpyfish - It was fun playing you in pools on the stream, I have never been so shaky and excited after a match before. I love how you are always in a good mood and take hype with you everywhere.

SUNG/J666 - Thanks for putting up with my teammate and I for so long in teams friendlies. You guys are really good.

Zelgadis - That Roy ditto money match was fun. I'll practice up and get you next time.

Juce - Always a pleasure, good money match.

Bird - Shoutouts to moonwalking with DK, and playing DK in bracket.

Also thank you to everyone I else I met. This was an experience I'll always remember. Oregon all day!

Metà

Smash Master
A player did not qualify for brackets but was placed into brackets anyway, and actually was allowed to make progress through the bracket. This is unacceptable and would never have been allowed at any major in any other community, and I am shocked that it was allowed in this community so willingly by so many players.

I am quite sad.

The circumstances of this happening were not only NOT extreme OR unusual, but were actually quite black and white. A player did not come to the tournament in a proper mental state and because of this did not qualify for the brackets. This was not an extreme circumstance where a player had some sort of medical emergency or something like that and a bracket did not FINISH, but simply a player that did not qualify and was given special treatment.

Dislike.

Regardless of HOW he was placed into the bracket, he was placed into the bracket. I don't really care who's spot he took, all I know is there are a lot of players who came ready on day one who would have loved to have been given an equal opportunity to place 4th and still play on day two. Even more importantly, there are people who came ready, placed top 3, and were out placed by a player who didn't even qualify for the event.

I wasn't even at the tournament, but I was a little dismayed at this as well. favouritism much?

I mean, I get that he's Eggz and all, but if you don't qualify for the bracket, you shouldn't be playing in it. I've got nothing against him, it's just that I believe people should be held accountable for their poor choices

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
What a tournament. Amazing weekend.

Seriously super fun.

Since I'm always too lazy to post full shoutouts, I'd just like to say that I would like to thank the people who hosted/gave me housing (Tuk's house crew, BEN, DJ Combo, Otto, etc). You guys are great.

This community is awesome and I can't wait to see you all again!

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts: people who got 2nd 3rd are lucky they didn't play me I honestly wanted to murder every fox at the tourney xcept eggz. Wes is legit and I'm happy he finally did well.

Eggz: that was the funnest I had in teams for over a year I'm down w.e anytime

More shoutouts later
:phone:

Overall though accomplished my 2 goals. But didn't think 4th got paid lost a 122$ mm to Wes lol

D

Deleted member

Wes pooned me and I got 1 spot out Of money nothing more to say

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Despite the Eggz ****, it was the greatest tourney of my life. So much fun and so thankful for SilentWolf running such an amazing tournament.

Great games everyone. <3 you all

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I was pretty disappointed about the eggz fiasco but didn't want to/have solid enough points to argue against him being in bracket. I wish people like gimpyfish said stuff like that AT the tournament instead of waiting until the shoutouts thread to make points like that.

Whatever.

Shoutouts:

Shoyo - BRAH!!! Thanks for coming dude, hope you had a blast. Teams was hella fun, shame we didn't place higher. Uhhh don't get too rusty being in hawaii lol, imma come visit again soon. Free Tibet
Bobby Siege - Sorry you got so sick day 2. Your stream was top notch though dude and it was an honor to help with it (hope my commentary was up to par). I wanna play the **** out of Catherine next time I see you lol. One of my favorite people fasho.
SFAT - <3 三位おめでとう!**** dude I wish you coulda stayed here all week lol you are so fun to hang out with. Lol I don't think we ever actually fox dittoed come to think of it. Oh well, teams friendlies was super fun lol. Homie squad!!1
Scar - LOL I am hella glad I got to meet you and kick it with you, your sense of humor is pretty dope. Lame we had to buttphuck each other in tournament. x_X You're in WA all week though right? Well hit me up if you and Sophi get some free time haha.
Sheridan - "Sheridan Zalewski is a perfect human being." -BobbySiege
Violence - "Eric Lee is a perfect human being." -Also BobbySiege
Tope - LOL I can't ****ing beat you! Close/fun tourney sets though (set 2 game 1 notwithstanding >.>) Yo, **** your navy **** and come back to Seattle someday. It was fun housing you.
Cyrain - .......I still owe you spaghetti. LOOOOL <3
Diakonos - Another guy I'm really glad I got to house hahaha. Definitely made this weekend a lot funnier for me. Hope you enjoyed your first ever trip to Seattle. <_< Come back to WA to smash sometime, you're really fun to play and we never really played this time. Or I'll just get at you at MITH3. :D
Noobking - ...Speaking of which, when is MITH3? LOL Anyway it was good to see you my dude, sorry we didn't get to play singles. The set in teams was scary as ****! See you soon enough though, since you're like the Canadian who I have the pleasure of running into the most often :D
Blunted Object - D: where were you @
Sion - SION!!!! YEAH :D LOL seemed like you kinda played like **** in the bracket. Good **** getting 7th regardless of that >.> I think the world knows a little bit more about Sion anyway. Next time, more dair combos @_@ btw let's play airdashers sometime.
Genesis - Random shoutout to you cuz you showed up at my house for 5 minutes lol
MadJ - I think your Fox has better fundamentals than mine lol. Looking forward to our next tournament set >.>
Lovage - one of the funnest ppl to fox ditto ever. Fuuuck dude good **** on giving the loser's bracket the fat ****. I'm about to watch the **** out of all of your vids lol.
S2J - hi Johnny :D thanks for giving me random vs. Falcon practice, and it was good seeing you. Hope you had a good weekend up here.
Westballz - I still find scar's "OH MY GOD" impression of you hilarious as **** lol. next time we meet, DDR!! Btw Shoyo says you might visit hawaii with family soon? You should let me know cuz I might go to hawaii too, my parents live there lol.
Tafokints - :D :D :D
Dr. Peepee - Didn't get to play you. Oh well haha. Good **** destroying everybody >.> westballz was bout to get in dat *** tho <.<
Chip - Good seeing you again and good **** again. :D lol your hat and t-shirt are filthy.
Ben - filteeeeee
****ard - Your Falco is getting pretty good dude, keep it up.
AXE - chipotle

Hidden shoutouts to Zhu for training me in secret guru mode and giving me a phone call during my set with Scar LOL. Also MacD even though we only played for like 45 minutes.

Uhhh and most of WA/OR/people I see all the time with whom nothing in particular happened don't get shoutouts cuz I'm too lazy lol.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice

I am quite sad.

Dislike.

I'm glad you did this. People in this community don't do anything unless an established player steps up and says something. I'm surprised so many people are letting this slide.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I made the point known to the host who is really the only person that i felt was necessary - also anyone who asked. I wasn't trying to ruin the event for anyone who came and worked hard to play is why i didn't make a big fuss to everyone possible.

In reality the decision was made already and it really would not have mattered what was said by the time I was able to say anything.

I made the decision for my reasons and to show that I personally dude not support the decision - I wasn't there to ruin the event or create some kind of tension where players felt they had to forfeit or something.

The decision was made and has now passed.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm tired

as butt

LOL

I had a great time, and hopefully everyone enjoys the vids that come out of this. =)
(when do those go up btw? people are askin me LOL)

Mega-shoutouts later when I'm more alive.

Bing

Smash Master
Well on a better note. Based on results and Impulse circuit rules. Sion and Silent Wolf are the Stipend winners :) I shall pm you both and hopefully you can each attend this event.

Great Job to all, If you have any interest in attending impulse but financials are a bit of an issue, pm me, we might be able to work something out :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Gimpyfish, I love you :) <3

And PP, I'm really glad we got to bond and hang out this past weekend. We never really got to talk before, and I feel like I know you a lot better now and I'm happy to call you my friend :)

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Housing
Otto: Thanks for running and organizing the tourney for us. It was really fun and I enjoyed chilling in your room
Ben: Thanks so much for hosting and driving us around. I made it on the plane with some time to spare. You are the homie.

Dr. Peepee – Your falco is too good. I thought Westballz was going to beat you, but you adapted and clutched game 5. Hope your wallet situation works out. I see that you made it home safely. TSA was good to you?

Lovage – Impressive display of Fox and mental fortitude. You lost early, but came back with a vengeance in many impressive sets.

SFAT – Too good. People still sleep on you, sadly. I think in most fantasy drafts, you were picked in the 16th-19th ish range.

Westballz – It was really fun to team with you. You are definitely incredible at the game (although I knew this since 3 years ago when we first played at dunks). Congrats on 4th and keep your head up, you are definitely top tier in this game

Axe – you choker! Haha, too bad we didn’t get to play any matches, but it’s always fun to see you.

S2J – You overcame your mental block (Tope). Too bad you money-bubbled. Such is life. It’s always a blast to chill with you though. Hopefully, I can make it back to UCLA and play again

Sion – Falco is too good. You definitely have very solid mindgames and play very collected. Always clutched out the games against me in our set. It was a pleasure to play you

Tope – I got owned =(. F-smash ftw. You’re too funny

Toph – good stuff in tourney. Hopefully, we get to meet again soon

Eggz – stop getting drunk! Good stuff in our MM

Chip – Good marth, it was fun playing with you. Congrats on your win against lovage

Diakonos – Your marth is also very solid. I think you could have taken the set if you went Marth instead of Fox from the get go

Shoyo – It was nice meeting and talking with you. Hopefully, I’ll be able to play some friendlies with you soon

Juce – Nice fox, unexpected from Oregon

Vish – It was nice seeing you, too bad our MM didn’t happen

Scar – Sup with it. Didn’t get to chill with you too much, but you had some pretty intense sets.

J666 – Your link is too good! Told you to stick to Link instead of gimmicking it with sheik

Sheridan – nyehehe, thanks for keeping me relaxed in my set

ThePrime – didn’t get to play you =(. It was fun chilling in the car rides with you

Sung – Good stuff!

MDZ – You’re too fun

Ryan – You had me, but I think you mentally checked out in some of our games

T-Iceman – it’s funny the amount of random crap people throw at you, lol

Violence – Good stuff, making it into bracket

Ciz – I’m expecting better from you!

TCB – you were a bracket bust!, haha j/k =p. It was fun chilling with you.

Noobking - Good playing meeting you and playing some friendlies!

To everyone, I wish i played more matches, but I was getting a massive headache towards the end of the day, so I didn't really feel like playing friendlies + late bracket matches were too good!

Atlus8

Smash Master
I agree with Gimpy! We don't need this kind of nonsense, especially when there are now only a handful of tournaments that can draw in good numbers! Don't know who made the final decision to let Eggz in the bracket, but it really looks bad for this community!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I also agree with Gimpy, that whole thing was unfortunate.

On another note good **** Wes, not surprised by any of your wins at this tournament at all! Good ****.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i do not understand why you would even spend money to enter the tournament just to get sh*tface hammered and essentially throw money away and not give people your best in tourney sets, practically disrespecting everyone you face...i guess its just severe alcohol addiction. IMO get drunk on your own time, cause you only look foolish

all ive got to say is get over it. no one had a worse time at the tournament because of my decision except for gimpy. i realize it was a completely unprofessional and unfair thing to do and i regret my decision. but to me it really doesnt matter much. the way i saw it at the time was that i was sacrificing me being a moral tournament host for being a homie to one of my best friends. i can say that i wont let it happen again, however.

i dont feel like doing shoutouts to eveyrone so ima just do a few.

violence - thanks a ton for all you did for this tournament. it wouldnt have been nearly as hype without your help. hope you had a great time this weekend.

nate/people who gave rides - we wouldnt have made this tournament work without you, thanks for all your help.

bobbysiege/scar - thanks for bringing your livestream equip up, that really made a big difference for this being an awesome tournament.

Violence

Smash Lord
0: BobbySiege The world needs more lovely and talented people. What I'm trying to say is, start making babies.
1: Dr. Peepee Congrats on first, thanks for coming out. I really wanted you to get cursed, but you overcame the power of cursed money. I'm sure West Coast'll get the better of you next time.
2: Lovage Oscar you're too damn good. Nice job in tournament, through the close *** sets, you pulled it out. Thanks for the friendly, catch you at Big House 2, hopefully.
3: SFAT Damn, Zac. Damn. You were playing so smart, so well, I'm really happy you got top 3. You deserve it.
4: Westballz Dude, Wes, you are definitely the homie. Thanks for all the compliments during our pool, I was happy we got to play. You do some of the most unique **** I've ever seen and you're as talented as I thought you were when I saw you play at Genesis 2 and Apex 2012. (ButSiongotyourasswhenhe'splayingwell)
5: S2J Johnny, I don't give a **** if you got 5th, you're ****ing amazing, and you're only going to keep getting more amazing. Your set vs Tope was hype as ****, good **** on pulling it out. Let's play more next time, you ****ing ****.
5: AXE Damn, Jeff, those matches were truly heartbreaking. I'm sorry things didn't go your way this tournament, my curse is pretty damn powerful. I know we can expect great things in your future, and you'll show us just how much you **** at NYTE. Thanks for coming up, glad you at least had a good time.
7: Sion Damn, Sion. This tournament is literally the absolute worst I've ever seen you play, and you still got 7th. There is no doubt in my mind that had you been playing better, this tournament would've gone very differently. Shake it off, you'll get this **** next time.
7: Tope I wish we'd played, but then again, I'm pretty sure getting destroyed by you would be pretty soul crushing. Thanks for coming all this way, and good luck in the Navy. "Why is Samus?"
9: Silent Wolf Otto, you're the homie. Thanks for organizing this, I'm glad I could be a part of it.
9: Tafokints The image of you vs Drunk Eggz in pools will forever be etched in my mind. With the jeering crowd and Eggz trying to psych you out with **** talk, your grinning :D face and perpetual positivity left you completely unperterbed as you easily 3 stocked your way to first seed. You gave Shane quite the sobering loss. :D Good **** this weekend. You played really well and deserve your placing. I wish I'd picked you in my fantasy draft.
9: Toph Your hospitality is top tier. Good **** in bracket, you had quite the tough one. I expect nothing less from an excellent player like yourself.
13: Diakonos Manuel, good luck with your school and girlfriend. It was fun coming down and hanging out with you. If you're dissatisfied with your performance at this tournament, I'm sure you can easily make it out to another big event, as long as you plan and schedule for it in advance.
13: Shoyo You are an incredibly impressive player and I'm glad we got to hang out. Your secondaries are seriously the business.
17: ThePrime My brother in Samus, we need to get better and work on our weaknesses. Ours is the only region that doesn't have a scary Samus. Let's fill that gap.
17: Vish Damn, I didn't get to see you play as much as I wanted to, or play you as much as I wanted to... let's play more next time I'm in WA.
17: Scar SUPWITIT. Always a pleasure, Mr. Scarduzio. I know you'll keep ****** no matter what, and I'll always enjoy the show. Too electrifying for words.
17: Sheridan Thanks for the help with the Puff matchup, though I wasn't good enough to execute it like Darrell. It was fun hanging out, let's play on Isotropic sometime.
25: Yakal Nnngggdefeatingayakal...onlymakesitcampier...
25: MattDotZeb Glad I got to see you, sad I didn't get to play you. Instant replay is amazing, isn't it? I'm still glad I got to play in your hotel tournament at Apex.
25: Noobking ADAM BROWN!?
25: Li Jia Xing Falco, or Birds of Paradise?
25: DaZe I wanted to play your ganon...
33: Rusty Shackleford Someday you will acknowledge that you are better than I am, and when you do, you will get on the PR.
33: KAOSTAR We should've played...
33: MadJ ALLDAY
33: Gimpyfish I agree with your sentiments, I respect your conviction to drop out of the tournament, but I wish you had played it out all the same. Thanks for the friendlies, Mr. Dennis. I have a feeling we will see each other again.
33: Violence lolgetraped
33: Ciz No, I will not money match you. You're a lot better than I am and you're a lot better than this placing. I look forward to playing you again next time I'm around in Washington, your marth is the business.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
all ive got to say is get over it. no one had a worse time at the tournament because of my decision except for gimpy. i realize it was a completely unprofessional and unfair thing to do and i regret my decision. but to me it really doesnt matter much. the way i saw it at the time was that i was sacrificing me being a moral tournament host for being a homie to one of my best friends. i can say that i wont let it happen again, however.
I think everyone's over it and nobody is really making a big fuss about it, and everybody had a really great time at the tournament and EVERYTHING besides the eggz thing was really professionally done. And not making a big scene was probably a really good idea both on the parts of gimpyfish and yourself. So it's koo.

Emphasis on this being an amazing tournament btw. Everyone who wanted to come and didn't missedddd outttt.

btw I don't think I can come over today. got class at 3:30 and can't miss it >.> tell Wes and Lovage for me lol.

Shoyo is in town til tomorrow afternoon though if you're trying to kick ittt

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
A lot of the sets at this tournament were wack. so many people playing off their game. Thanks for keeping my slow weekend interesting, though.

Toph/Shoyo for best commentary.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I actually thought a lot of people were playing very well, but with random spurts of stupid.

I hope my commentary was decent. I've never really commentated before.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lovage proves once again that he's the best commentator in the community.

edit: did PP and Axe MM?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
In case there is confusion this was otherwise a great event and i had a fantastic time - no personal problems anywhere.

ill try to do shout outs later <3

D

Deleted member

great tournament only real regret was getting ***** by pp while we were both playing bad. if i was playing good and getting ***** i'd feel a lot better about it

1: Dr. Peepee $667:falcomelee:- good stuff. in the friendlies/ MMs we played i had a lot of fun. Being outclassed feels great in melee

2: Lovage $334:foxmelee:
3: SFAT $200:foxmelee:
4: Westballz $133:falcomelee:
5: S2J:falconmelee:

GUD **** SOCAL (and zac)

5: AXE:pikachumelee:- the few games we played it was fun

hope we get a rematch sometime in the future it'll be a great set

7: Sion:falcomelee:- an offday =( i wanna play you when we're both going crazy

7: Tope:sheikmelee:- BGs you weren't playing up to your standards. A WIN IS A WIN THOUGH. im also sorry about the 40 i sensed our car not wanting to come back but i wasn't sure

we will probably play again next tournament lets get a super legit set then

9: Silent Wolf:foxmelee:
9: Tafokints:sheikmelee:
9: Toph:foxmelee:
9: Eggz:foxmelee:

everyone who got 9th are all homeys <3 u all and u already know

13: Chip:marthmelee:- really fun friendlies was a blast
13: Diakonos:marthmelee:- wish we got some friendlies in you probably never face falcons ever

13: Shoyo:foxmelee: u r ghey

13: Bladewise:peachmelee: didnt see much of u wish apex washington crew kicked it

17: Vish:falconmelee: ^

17: Scar:falconmelee: i wish i watched all of your sets u vs sion was intense

17: J666:linkmelee:
17: Sheridan:jigglypuffmelee:
17: Sung:falcomelee:

sup

25: Yakal:falcomelee:- i am sorry about the way i was acting in friendlies i was sad i got pooned by wes

25: MattDotZeb:falcomelee: lets play a lot later if we go to same tourney again i feel bad lol thought we were coming back to ottos
25: Noobking:falconmelee::foxmelee: ^
25: DJ Combo:marthmelee: thanks for everything, ur a true homey and you are also ****ing good (and ghey) at melee moreso when i am drunk

33: Gimpyfish (Forfeit):bowsermelee: fun matches dude it was my pleasure meeting/ playing you wish I joined in socal's golden era

33: Brick:jigglypuffmelee: u will get very good in like 3-6 months

33: Violence:samusmelee: wish we kicked it more i'll see u next big tourney tho

33: Ciz:marthmelee: biggest homey of all time

Ben also ***** we owe him pretty big

JonnyW also ***** definitely up and coming

also, if i am a dik to u my bad, although i might have a legit reason lool

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Holy **** this tournament was so much fun.

First off regarding eggz situation I was also against going back into bracket although he ended up playing super good in some of his matches and it was fun to watch.

Shout outs:

Otto/Silent Wolf: Thank you so much for putting this event together first regional I've been to and was super fun.

Cat: Awesome car pool thnx for driving :D

Prime: Amazing set we had in bracket imo sucks we had to play first round cause we both live in pac nw but I guess it's gonna happen to some people huh?

Zelgadis: Always good seeing you sir, Also sucks that we had to play so early in bracket cause we play all the time now. But still good stuff.

Jonny: Good teaming with you sucks that you're quitting now I have to find someone else really good that will carry me in teams.

S2J: only played one friendly with you but damn you destroyed me good **** in tournament.

DRPP: Grats on first and thanks for playing a few friendlies with me.

Axe: Good job destroying all the pac nw spacies with your pika lol. Didn't get to play you in singles but I really wanted to :( also thanks for the sheik advice.

Scar: Nice meeting you, also thanks for bringing your recording set up and thanks for also giving me sheik advice. With your advice and axes i'm hoping to improve my game a lot more.

SFAT: Only played you in doubles but good job had fun playing you.

DJ Combo: IDK if you even check these boards but it was good to see you again your marth is still really legit.

Chip: Man you got so good since the last time I played you, good job on beating Lovage.

Ryan: thanks for letting us stay in your hotel room, had fun just chilling with half of Oregon :)

I'm sure theres a bunch I'm missing but don't wanna spend 20 mins writing shout outs on that note. I had a lot of fun at this tournament, I plan on going to more big stuff like this in the future. Hope to see you all again soon :)

BobbySiege

Smash Rookie
Hey guys and gals. Sorry about the stream going offline so abruptly yesterday. I was running a 104F fever and pretty much couldn't move. That being said, we'll have a stream raffle to make up for it at the next event!

I want to give a shoutout to everyone that donated to the stream. You guys made up 1/18th of my travel expenses! Every bit counts! (Raincatchfire, Ajajayjay, Battlecow1 and my favorite stream monster from Denmark!)

To all of those asking about the YouTube videos, I'm slicing them up right now and I will hopefully be getting them online soon! (I am however on the Greyhound bus Wifi and am being fed a steady diet of Dayquil, so I would appreciate your patience.)

I'm waaaay too tired to do individual player shoutouts right now. Sorry.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hope you're feeling better Bobby. Question, did every tournament match that got streamed get recorded for uploading to Youtube? (If so, does that go for sets played on the scarssbm setup as well?)

Also, what channel will videos be uploaded to? I'm assuming it's meleepacwest?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
ManLi shoutouts

Guys, it was fun to meet and hang with you guys this weekend. I'm going to shoutout just a few people that I either housed with, played in tourney, or spent quite a bit of time playing friendlies with. No disrespect if I've forgotten to list you here!

Dr. Peepee: Congrats on the win. You played freaking solid against those Foxes, imo the best I've ever seen you play. You have a wicked Marth, too.

SFAT: I'm sorry to have reminded you too much of Canada. Great job in both singles and doubles. Was a lot of fun to have friendlies with you at Toph's.

Westballz: You really impressed me, dude. I knew you would do well. Don't think too much on Sion's performance this tournament, though, I swear you guys would have very legitt and close matches on a regular day. It was a pleasure to meet you.

S2J: You certainly ****, lol. I knew if there was one person I'd be doomed if I faced, it'd be you. Lo and behold, you proved me right. I definitely DO need to learn the matchup; I'll try to get some practice in and hopefully we can have play next time and you can give me your protips. Congrats on placing high!

AXE: Despite your trashtalking after I won my pools, it was good to see you, bud :p . You played great at this tournament. Don't let those minor mistakes against Fox get you down. You're a fantastic player and one of my favourite.

Sion: Let us mope together. Even though you didn't play your best, you still took 7th -- not freaking bad. :D I'll be sure to whip you back into shape next time we play.

Tope: You didn't snore. You had a biting wit. Cool to meet you, dude.

Silent Wolf: Congrats on running a tournament that many people enjoyed. You're beast as usual, and I hope to see you again soon. :D

Tafokints: I definitely underestimated your vs-Fox skill. You're a very talented player and I'm glad you did as well as you did. I hope to play you again sometime!

Toph: !! Thanks for housing me, bud. And thanks for doing those small things to try to make it comfortable. We didn't play AGAIN except for those Sunday-morning friendlies. Congrats on your performance.

Shoyo: Very cool to meet you, Shoyo. You're a fun guy to hang out with. From what I saw, you're also a formidable smasher. Keep up the good work, soldier.

Vish: The filthee! I'm sorry to Sheik you again, Vish. Consider it a compliment. It was good to see you, as always. =D

Scar: Meeting you was one of the finer points of this tournament for me. You've got a good head on your shoulders; keep using it. I'm sorry for putting words in your God's mouth, but he's my God too. It was fun to play you and house with you.

Sheridan: Wayy too good. I wish we had a puff like you in BC. You were a source of calmness and humour at the house. Pleasure to meet you!

Yakal: GG, Yakal. You did great for one of your first OOS tournaments. Good job in pools. I hope you keep this good work up in BC!

MattDotZeb: I only got the few matches in with you, but you were one of the nicer fellows at the tournament. I hope you feel better soon!

Noobking: Not bad, Adam. I hope you enjoyed the tournament and that it spurs you to be the best like no one ever was!

T-Iceman: Ay, I know you're not happy with me for not giving you the Marth ditto. In truth, it's just too random for me and I prefer the safer options. Congrats for doing as well as you did.

Li Jia Xing: Good job on getting out, dude. Hope you learned many things and had a fun time!

DaZe: Victoria representing! You did really well, man. I'm proud.

Rusty Shackleford: We were talking about it in the car: you are improving fast. Keep it up, Rusty. I didn't even know Coquitlam could continue to improve at this rate.

Rio: Thanks for everything, man! It's people like you who help to keep the community alive. Thank you for your kindness and your service. You are a diakonos in your own right.

B-Mello: Probably gave me the toughest matches of our pool. Good job dude!

MadJ: ALL DAY. Great to see you as always. Next time be sure to whip out the full extent of the destruction that is Mad.

Gimpyfish: Friend, good to see you again. Your presence is a positive one in our community. God bless.

Violence: Thanks for your generosity and goodwill, bud. You have good ideas and have the guts to go ahead and get them done. Housing and riding with you was a pleasant experience.

Doll: It's a pleasure to meet you, Emily. I'm flattered that you would want to know me and play matches with me. Keep on improving and enjoying the game!

Hitsugaya: Your peaaaach was too solid in teams. It's really nice to have you come out and hang out with us, dude.

The BEEF: David, you're one of the most respectable smashers I know. There are, of course, things that I think you need to ruminate on, but man, it's always a blast to have you around. Thanks for the ride, the burger, and your company. Put in those 6 hours of work and I think it'll be worth the pay-off. You're a naturally intelligent gamer.

GenesisFTW: Thanks for teaming with me, bud! <3 You did a good job. I wish you could have stayed the second day, but that's the way it works. If you keep on playing and watching a couple of vids, I know you can bring out the beast mode like you do for anything you commit yourself to.

!! Diakonos, out.

Top Bottom