• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I found the smash community where I lived in Stockholm Sweden this summer, and I never could decide which character was to be my main...

I think I love all top 10 characters except for ICs, and Marth is the one that I have played most. But choosing him for a true main seems kinda risky now that the metagame seems to favor marth less and less?

Could any1 speak up for Marth and convince me to play him for reals?

I rly always liked him, but the Fact that my best friend plays Falco doesnt make it more apealing since I can't quite deal with good lazering yet xD. Also I play PAL so Dair is basically worthless.

Thanks in beforehand / Pop

leffen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I found the smash community where I lived in Stockholm Sweden this summer, and I never could decide which character was to be my main...

I think I love all top 10 characters except for ICs, and Marth is the one that I have played most. But choosing him for a true main seems kinda risky now that the metagame seems to favor marth less and less?

Could any1 speak up for Marth and convince me to play him for reals?

I rly always liked him, but the Fact that my best friend plays Falco doesnt make it more apealing since I can't quite deal with good lazering yet xD. Also I play PAL so Dair is basically worthless.

Thanks in beforehand / Pop
How's china ;o? and are you getting back for christmas o_o

Beat!

Smash Master
We have characters like Dr Mario and Pika getting top 5 at internationals.
And Marth is underrated atm anyway.

Main Marth. You won't regret it.

Also, Falco becomes a super fun matchup once you learn how to deal with lasers, and some other tricks.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
China would be greater if i had a Tv, a gamecube and a livingroom to put that Tv and gamecube in xD. And unfortunately I won't be back until perhaps July doh!

Btw I will be posting a thread on swedish forums about getting ppl controlers for 40 Kr each from china when Im heading back for Sweden xD.

I have been lurking the forums for quite some time, but since I cant play at the moment... well it did feel kind of pointless. But to keep my spirits up I try to be active in following the metagame through youtube xD

Looking forward for Apex videos being posted on Youtube,
since China + Steams = fail (-_-)

Alright, can u guys link some good (my fav matchup to watch btw)
[Falco vs Marth] sets/games that are not super famous?
(Seen most m2ks famous sets vs falcos)

Btw Leffen why did you quit Falco? Don't tell me it was cuz of Fox having a better chance of beating Armada xD!

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
So whos going to apex? I'm a reletively new marth main and I'd love to pick some stuff up off of you guys.

:phone:

Van.

Smash Ace
I think in your heart, you don't want to play a character as drab and common as Marth. If you didn't, you wouldn't have such qualms about maining him. Bout maybe I'm wrong. Either way, good luck.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
OverLord: I'll try to get some Marth dittos with him on the livestream =) also want to record them so that I can study his style.

Spam: Sure, hit me up at the venue!

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
So uhh I have no idea how good I am b/c I've never been to a tournament and I only play with one person.

But I'm really looking forward to grinding out matches with better players and hopefully I can pick up some pointers from a few of you better marth mains.

So ****ing hyped for apex.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
So uhh I have no idea how good I am b/c I've never been to a tournament and I only play with one person.

But I'm really looking forward to grinding out matches with better players and hopefully I can pick up some pointers from a few of you better marth mains.

So ****ing hyped for apex.

I'll help ya out at Apex if ya need any help. Introduce ya to some peeps. Get some good practice in.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I used to love noob style marth dittos.

Back in '06 when me and a friend of mine only knew how to wavedash and l cancel inconsistently, we would have matches where everything was full/dj fairs/dairs and fsmash.

Now playing another marth is pretty much gay sex.

Beat!

Smash Master
I love Marth dittos. It's probably my second best matchup, after Falco. I got dat Hack training tho, so I guess it's not really a surprise.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Yep, nån gång framåt kvällen. Väntar fortfarande på svar från Leffen om huruvida jag+rocky kan vara hos honom tills det är dags att ta taxin till Arlanda.

Top Bottom