• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

arsenic41

Smash Ace
No SFIVfest this time either (so much for it being regular...). I wanted to go swimming (well, diving board centric swimming) at the Nepean Sports Plex but apparently it's (at least the deep end) closed that day for whatever random reason. Instead I'm thinking Carleton/Ottawa U. Anybody interested?
Have you ever noticed that anything that is started by Harold, also ends with Harold?

Squash, SFIV fest, I wonder what is next

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
nice misquote

Id rather much prefer to go rock climbing again. Im staying out of the swimfest. Also keep in mind that the Carleton athletic facilities are closed for another week and a half(maintenance), which might include the swimming pools, so Ottawa U wins by default.

Will anybody still be at Ottawa U for the next month or so? Im using the gym their for the next month, possibly longer, so if you're around and up for something let me know.

Also, after watching Daigo beast Justin in the world championships I became inspired to play some more sf4.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
No SFIVfest this time either
Haroldo you noob! Just because you can't host/don't wanna go doesn't mean no SFIV fest.

I can hold it upstairs at my place, plenty of room and couches.

Whoevers interested in SFIV-fest post, and lets figure out what day works for everyone. (I cant do Saturday)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway someone can pose as my father(/mother?) so that I may join the rock climbing guys? I must prove that I am better than joblin at climbing random stuff.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm interested in SFIV. I could host at my place if people want, or I can travel to someone else's place, it's all good. Remember though, if I'm hosting, I don't own the game, so someone has to bring it :p Saturday or Sunday are good for me, but if it's Sunday it will have to end around 11-11:30pm because I have a midnight-8am shift at work (yes, really).

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Haroldo you noob! Just because you can't host/don't wanna go doesn't mean no SFIV fest.

I can hold it upstairs at my place, plenty of room and couches.

Whoevers interested in SFIV-fest post, and lets figure out what day works for everyone. (I cant do Saturday)
I wont play this week but ill be sure to attend some future gathering. Id like to spend some time learning the game basics first so ill have to get my hands on a console and the game.

Is there anyway someone can pose as my father(/mother?) so that I may join the rock climbing guys? I must prove that I am better than joblin at climbing random stuff.
Can Harold say that he is your legal guardian or would he need some proof or something? Its gonna be hard beating Jobin, he not only climbs really well, a natural, but he does it with style. He was doing flips and turns on his way up some paths and was even speed running one cause it was a joke for him.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I am much better at climbing than anyone else you know Harold, with the possible exception of Dylan.
Sorry Ariel but you're Mid Tier this time.

Ariel, you lose by default because you're too young to even get in to the rockclimbing place. :p
Burn!

But if you could somehow have a rockclimbing money match with Joblin, I'd be betting on him. Sorry. :)
Double Burn! I'd bet on myself as well.

I'll climb MM on anything, really. Pro tip: climb on top of bus shelters. Often times you will find loose change. I found 3.79 the other day while waiting for the 85.
Pro Tip: You can't give up pro advice if you're not a pro. I'd stick to telling others that you can use your hands and feet for better leverage.

Get older noob. The only thing you'll be doing is looking up at my feet.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
For my transgressions, Allah (the most merciful, the most benevolent) has seen fit to allow the body He blessed me with to be infected by creatures of His creation. Therefore, no swimming/rockclimbing/praying for me this weekend.

That being said, James, I'll be at Jason's today, tomorrow and possibly Saturday so if you're up for some SFIV I'll be down for that. I can't get those **** ultras to work when I'm 100% so I doubt being ill will have any negative effects on my playing.

//***********************
EDIT: Hey, since I don't feel like looking for the information, can anybody tell me how well any Ottawa players did at all the large tournaments we've been to? I can't even remember my own placements at OiN2 and Obscene 1.0 so, yeah. I figure that this'll be the best indicator of who is 'the best' among us (relative to the other Smash communities at these tournaments - we all already know that I'm the best here :p).
//**********************

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ok, so, it's official: the greatest thing in the world is watching a storm coming in from an apartment balcony. it's crazy and intense. The wind, the rain (you can SEE the rain creeping along the city), the lightning. It was the second most beautiful thing in the world (Vega being number 1 and Marth being number 3). I'm only on the seventh floor here, I'd imagine that Ben, who lives on, basically, Kami's lookout, has a much better view.

On a slightly more relevant note, the rain and tornado in Pirate Ship just won't cut it anymore...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Harold~ 24th floor here. It was epic.

What was more epic, was that as soon as those powerful gusts started (they sent a BAG flying toward my window), my Windows Media Player decided to play, out of 759 songs, "Prophecy" from Secret of Mana, which is the song that plays when the Mana Fortress is revived and you're flying around.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
"can't find whatever is supposed to be" :p

Anyhow, how many people would be interested in Rockclimbing III: Return of the Rockclimbing (the first one was so epic it counted as two) this coming Saturday at around 5-ish again? Remember, if you're still a baby you'll need a parent to go with you.

\/ It's by the war museum so all you need is the 95/96/97.

Fogel

Smash Lord

Anyhow, how many people would be interested in Rockclimbing III: Return of the Rockclimbing (the first one was so epic it counted as two) this Saturday at around 5-ish again? Remember, if you're still a baby you'll need a parent to go with you.
If it's a place I can easily get to by bus (or I can get a lift somehow) I'm interested. I've never done rock climbing though, so I expect to stay in bottom tier for a while :p

SoLn

Smash Apprentice

Anyhow, how many people would be interested in Rockclimbing III: Return of the Rockclimbing (the first one was so epic it counted as two) this coming Saturday at around 5-ish again? Remember, if you're still a baby you'll need a parent to go with you.

I am highly interested in this event. Ill see if I can make it again. This time I think some actual pho needs to be had afterwards :p. Also please no more 'around this time' meeting times? Having to wait sucks :p. 5 should be good for me but ill let you know.

joblin

Smash Apprentice

This is an email I sent to a couple of my friends. I'm extending the invitation to you all.
May 2nd Games Day
Anyone is welcome to come. We're having games from any console and/or era.
I'm also suggesting we go rock climbing around 5ish at Vertical Reality seeing
how I want to go. It'll be for a few hours and then we can either go back to
my place or you can go home, your choice.
Start time: 11am
End time: 12pm
Consoles I don't have and if you want to play games on it you'll have to provide:
NES, N64, Playstation 1/2/3, Xbox 1 (I should own everything else, if anyone has
Powerstone 2 and 2 extra Dreamcast controllers PLEASE BRING!)
Rock Climbing will be around $10.
Please message me if you're interested to come over to my place before Harold's rock climbing event.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
This is an email I sent to a couple of my friends. I'm extending the invitation to you all.
May 2nd Games Day
Consoles I don't have and if you want to play games on it you'll have to provide:
NES, N64, Playstation 1/2/3, Xbox 1 (I should own everything else, if anyone has
Please message me if you're interested to come over to my place before Harold's rock climbing event.
Sounds fun, but I cannot go to rock climbing because I am a minor.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention the fact that you could just stand on your tippy toes, grab the top rock, and just GG everyone. :laugh:
I'll just teleport to the top before Randy can lift his arm.

As for the event, I have 3 TVs and a monitor for another Xbox360. Remember that this is not just a Smash and another game fest, I encourage more games from different consoles. I can also use my computer to play NES and SNES games if I get another corded xbox 360 controller.

P.S. Turtle Power!

Fogel

Smash Lord
May 2nd Games Day
I'm in, I'll still PM you since you asked though.

Sounds fun, but I cannot go to rock climbing because I am a minor.
L2age, you've been 17 for the past two or three years already.

I'll just teleport to the top before Randy can lift his arm.

As for the event, I have 3 TVs and a monitor for another Xbox360. Remember that this is not just a Smash and another game fest, I encourage more games from different consoles. I can also use my computer to play NES and SNES games if I get another corded xbox 360 controller.

P.S. Turtle Power!
I can bring a wired 360 controller, I have one for console/fighting games on my PC :)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Cool, my space isn't as luxurious as yours fogel but it is still able to hold quite the gaming events. I'm glad you'll be making out of your house for once and become the guest instead of the host.

For anyone that needs directions to my place just PM me or get a ride with Randy (yes I'm offering without his consent).

Top Bottom