• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I may take you up on the tennis. Wouldnt mind trying it out, would I have to bring a racquet?

I may show up at Joblins place before rock climbing, if I do i doubt ill show up before 2.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
well, rock climbing is tiring in the way that your muscles tense up, making throwing a frisbee or kicking a soccer ball really hard. But it would still be fun.

I'm going to Jobin's place, but I won't have my car (probably).

PND

Smash Champion
My friends and I scaled the Rideau Centre once. We played dodgeball on the roof (after we got kicked out of the mall. . . for playing dodgeball in the halls)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
haha that sounds awesome. I didn't have a dodge ball with me though =S

Pretty much every car that drove by yelled for me or my friend to jump onto the cement. That was kind of a downer.

buenob

Smash Lord
im' going to play tonight... i'm going to get the name of the club i'm part of (lol) and i'll post... maybe i'll see you out there some monday nights

Fogel

Smash Lord
I am astonished at the number of hobbies Ben can participate in simultaneously :) Brawl, SF4, Pool, Tennis, Building Controllers, Software Development, Website Design, Squash, Go, and who knows what else?

Ben is my new hero.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i love to do **** :) i'm at the lynwood tennis club, right next to the centennial branch library, so probably pretty close to you switch

my controller is almost done... the total price tag for me so far is about $115, but that's also splitting on the drill bits we didn't have and also the extra material (only used 1/2 of the MDF we bought, and things like that... mines going to be 360 only to start, but once i get some smaller project boxes i'll be able to fit both in... if you check online there's a 'C'thulu board' which is a ps3/keyboard board, which is what I'd put in were I to hook it up to that system

mine's also got a lexan bottom (10 bucks instead of 1 of MDF) so I can put a neon cold cathode light inside to give it that pimp neon car underglow lolz...

anyway, once it's done I demand a MM rematch with harold lol

§witch

Smash Lord
Do you go/used to go to AY?
Nah, I go to Trinity. I went to St Martin's in elementary though.

Buenob: That's in Bell's Corners actually. I'll still try and make it out a couple of times to play you though, only I won't have a membership there; how's sneaking me in sound? : D

jan

Smash Cadet
Hey smash buddies.

So I pulled a Randy and jacked a TV off someone's driveway on garbage day. It seems to work (power and changing channels works), but because I don't have the remote, I can't switch it to video mode. If anyone has a Sylvania (or universal) remote, please bring it if you can so we have another setup!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey smash buddies.

So I pulled a Randy and jacked a TV off someone's driveway on garbage day. It seems to work (power and changing channels works), but because I don't have the remote, I can't switch it to video mode. If anyone has a Sylvania (or universal) remote, please bring it if you can so we have another setup!
HEY! I have a copy right on that move!

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Hey smash buddies.

Some tvs have video mode below channel 1/2 so you can try scrolling down the channels to see if it gets to video mode.

I will most likely be going rock climbing again this saturday, so if youre interested we can meet up there. I think im starting to get hooked :p.

jan

Smash Cadet
Some tvs have video mode below channel 1/2 so you can try scrolling down the channels to see if it gets to video mode.

I will most likely be going rock climbing again this saturday, so if youre interested we can meet up there. I think im starting to get hooked :p.
Actually I looked into it, and for this TV there is actually no way to do it without a remote. I found the user manual online which confirmed that it's a horribly designed TV. But even if a remote doesn't turn up, you can probably hook it up to a VCR and then just go to channel 3.

I'm 90% down for rockclimbing! After last time I was actually considering getting a pass, but the only way to make it worthwhile is if you go at least 3 times per week. Well, for bouldering, anyway. It's not worth it to get climbing shoes either... the cheapest ones are about $100, so you'd have to go at least 40 times before you start saving money since the shoe rentals are only $2.50.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Just so everyone knows, infzy didn't end up taking his TV back, so we don't need another TV right now. Keep those Randy'd TVs in reserve just in case though!

HEY! I have a copy right on that move!
That's why he called it the Randy. You should be happy; only Derek and Jan had their respective moves for a long time!

Hey smash buddies.

Sounds good, if we end up needing it later. Unfortunately, I have no remote to offer :(

I might be down, depending on when during the day. Vertical Reality again? Do you know if it's easy to get there by bus?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I might come to this rockclimbing but I probably shouldn't (broke :p). On a more relevant note: everybody, go watch Les Miserables on youtube. Now. It's like crack on drugs.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Just so everyone knows, infzy didn't end up taking his TV back, so we don't need another TV right now. Keep those Randy'd TVs in reserve just in case though!

That's why he called it the Randy. You should be happy; only Derek and Jan had their respective moves for a long time!

Sounds good, if we end up needing it later. Unfortunately, I have no remote to offer :(

I might be down, depending on when during the day. Vertical Reality again? Do you know if it's easy to get there by bus?
For time id say around 4/4:30 like last time at Vertical Reality. Its one bus from Baseline and simple to get there. You take the 95 to Lebreton station and walk towards the war museum. Once you pass the war museum youll cross over a bridge and itll be on your right hand side. Theres no signage for the place but youll probably remember what it looks like. I think the adress is 161 middle st.

I might come to this rockclimbing but I probably shouldn't (broke :p). On a more relevant note: everybody, go watch Les Miserables on youtube. Now. It's like crack on drugs.
If you come ill spot you the money. We need to be the fittest smash/sf4 city around :p.

I like the song I dreamed a dream that was sang by the ugly talented girl on Britains Got talent so ill check out it someday.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Nah, I've decided not to go this weekend. The OSAP Gods will soon start chucking lighting bolts at me so it's best that I stay safely indoors pretending to look for a job.

PND

Smash Champion

Good news, everybody!

It's extremely likely that I'll be coming back to Ottawa, but not until around Fall / Early winter.

buenob

Smash Lord
the vids are up... match 1 of the grand finals is probably the best brawl match I have ever seen, on both sides... match 3 leads up to a soul-crushing kill from ally in round 4, which pretty much seals it...

ally is now the 2nd person to 2stock m2k I think (dojo first)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In oddly bad news on the heels of Mike's revelation about coming back. I got a letter from the Ministry of Transportation today (in response to my Feb seizure) and apparently it's going to be later half of August that I get my license back, as opposed to this month, which I'm guessing is because their lazy butts didn't get the paperwork until now. This sucks on epic levels for me, but I'm going to talk to my doctor and neurologist to try and get them to make a recommendation/suggestion for it to be overturned or at the very least, cut back...hopefully to no later than say....late June. :urg:

Fogel

Smash Lord
In oddly bad news on the heels of Mike's revelation about coming back. I got a letter from the Ministry of Transportation today (in response to my Feb seizure) and apparently it's going to be later half of August that I get my license back, as opposed to this month, which I'm guessing is because their lazy butts didn't get the paperwork until now. This sucks on epic levels for me, but I'm going to talk to my doctor and neurologist to try and get them to make a recommendation/suggestion for it to be overturned or at the very least, cut back...hopefully to no later than say....late June. :urg:
Sorry to hear it :( Hope you can come back soon.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, me too man. Might be able to occasionally get a lift with my folks. Or...if Bryant/Riley are back in Merrickville (assuming they don't already have a place in Ottawa, lol), then mayhaps I could sometime pay them gas money for a ride in sometime?

Top Bottom