• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
You say you are disappoint... for now!

It's actually pretty fun. I've only played as Gengar so far, but he's so ****ing cool. His dash has a moment of him disappearing then reappearing so he can actually dash in through attacks. Haven't done his super yet cause it's ****ing retardedly difficult, but he has a Sonicboom(Shadow Ball) and he has a counter move where he sticks out his tongue while holding fans out and if you hit him with a normal, he beats the ****ing **** out of you. Also, the game features assists from other pokemon(Gengar has Haunter/Medicham/Ekans) and also, Gengar can fly so he can pull Peach shenanigans. And as part of his normals he uses his tongue(Lick). It's a pretty fun and SAUSom game

Also, you can do SF3 parrys/SF4 focus attacks by using a move called protect which gives you a second of invulnerability(I think).

Kudos to Randy for the dl link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6hlwet

arsenic41

Smash Ace
The game is pretty lolz. Its still in beta so something things still need touching up on. All in all, this is a pretty good game if you overlook some technical issues.

Who wants to be the very best?

I say we have a tournament to find out.

Matt07

Smash Master
This weekend is my last weekend in Ottawa :(! I already decided that I'm going to go to Sudbury for school for Animation. I've already been accepted there.

But on to the main point. We should definately plan something to Smash this weekend! I wanna play you guys before I leave!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of getting money, I finally got a job. That bakery place called me back again yesterday and the guy sounded desperate, so I went in today. I was not only hired after about a minute into the interview, I was also scheduled to work later on. Today was "3-6" but I was there actually until 7:30. The work is hard. Very hard. Why did I think a bakery would be fun and filled with white aunt Jemimas? I ****ing hate muffins now. A searing, burning hatred that rends my soul at the very mention of the word. I do not want them ever again. But I will tomorrow. And the day after that. I ****ing hope some someplace else calls me.

MATT!!!! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?! You said you were never going to give me up, never gonna let me down, never gonna run around or hurt me! How could you? I must stop all things and do something with you this weekend.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
To be fair, he never said anything about deserting you.
Also, in terms of money shtuff, I will probably have to look into Shoppers' Drug Mart soon.
When that happens, of course I'll have less spare time with you guys.

P.S.: I got Soul Silver and I have a SpecsPhlosion at Level 39, tearing through the Rockets.
For the competitives out there, his SpA IV is about 20 and his Spe IV is about 26. Naive nature.
I've been extremely careful with what EVs he gets, and it has truly paid off, Specs Swift OHKOing most of Pryce's gym.
Now that I have Sub and FP TMs, I need to get my Breloom over from Emerald, pronto. I'm gonna have to be really crafty with it, since neither SS nor Emerald are finished...I'm gonna do E(merald) <-> S(apphire) -> P(earl) <-> SS...
Wait...maybe I'll need something special to trade with Pearl...
Oh well, will see when the time comes!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@PND- HOLY ASTERISKS!! That's so awesome! Maybe they'll prevent infinites this time?

@Alan- Good luck getting past the national dex restrictions. If it's anything like in Fr/Lg, you won't be able to trade over Hoenn/Shinnoh pkmn yet.

In game doesn't take any real strategy to win anyways. I beat Red(~86) with my team of lvl 55s just by using ScarfGengar destiny bond over and over.

Matt07

Smash Master
MATT!!!! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?! You said you were never going to give me up, never gonna let me down, never gonna run around or hurt me! How could you? I must stop all things and do something with you this weekend.
Teh cake song was a lie.

But no seriously, I'm going miss you guys :(.

Sorry to see you go, Matt. Who else am I going to talk to Survivor about now? :(

But never fear, all problems can be fixed by Kung Fu Cutman, true fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yqflb4xU2Q
Haha, we still have MSN too

*girlish scream*

http://ca.kotaku.com/5518018/marvel-vs-capcom-3s-bombastic-trailer-reveals-16-characters

Best thing to come out of the Disney acquisition ever!!!

MvC3!!!!
If Mickey Mouse is a playable character...I'll get it. Seriously, lol. Since Marvel=Disney=Mickey Mouse :).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
@PND- HOLY ASTERISKS!! That's so awesome! Maybe they'll prevent infinites this time?

@Alan- Good luck getting past the national dex restrictions. If it's anything like in Fr/Lg, you won't be able to trade over Hoenn/Shinnoh pkmn yet.

In game doesn't take any real strategy to win anyways. I beat Red(~86) with my team of lvl 55s just by using ScarfGengar destiny bond over and over.
Actually, my TROLLFACE
Swampert
is now Level 37 with Avalanche, Take Down, Waterfall, and Rollout, ready to smash up Clair's Gym :D

I need to get PAUNNNNCH!
Breloom
up to par, though. I'm just glad it has SubPunch now!

NOSYMPATHY
Typhlosion
is at Lv42 now, running Specs with Focus Blast, Swift, and Lava Plume, off of 121 SpA and 130 Spe. As an aside, it has 30 in SpD IV.

Dragonair will most likely end up mixed, as it's Rash with a 30 in SpA. Grinding its happiness for Draco Meteor at the moment.

FLINCH HAX
Togekiss
finally got Air Slash added to its arsenal. Sadly, it has Hustle, so I'll probably end up replacing AncientPower for ExtremeSpeed (Base 180 Priority? Why, yes I will take that.) Wish passing is far too useful to give up.

[/textwall]

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Everything having stone edge's accuracy is the least appealing thing I've ever heard. For what it's worth, my Tyranitar
Tyranitar
took on most of the game for me. The only special move I had o give it was Fire blast and that's cause I thought it'd look cool. It has never disappointed me.

EDIT: I also have a Togekiss that I stopped using cause it was replaced by Tyranitar if you want it. It has Serene Grace.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Although no gameplay was technically shown, something tells me that this game might be 3d on a 2d plane similar to capcom vs tasunoko. This is just going off of the last few seconds of the clip where ryu is doing his hadouken.

@Ariel-Congrats on the job.

@Alan-Why wait, apply today!

I had some surgery done yesterday, it went well id say. Got a few holes around my knee and cant really walk properly, but hopefully ill be back to 100% after I heal. It was quite an interesting an experience since ive never had surgery done before. I must say that morphine is a hell of a drug.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oh yes, Ariel I forget. Congrats on the job!

@Orlando Also glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope the recovery goes quick!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Congrats on the job, Ariel! Menial work isn't fun, but it's motivation to follow through on University so you can get a better job :)

Orlando: I guess the knee issues you were having a few months ago were more serious than you originally thought? What happened?

Matt: Congrats on getting accepted at Sudbury! We didn't know each other for long, but you're a cool guy and it was nice to talk and Brawl with you. Good luck!

Alan: Definitely try and get that job, if there's a chance. The job experience (and money) should be worth it :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
WTF!!?!?!?!?

I don't check the boards for a measely 2 weeks, and Matt is leaving!?!?!?!

GOODBYE PARTY!!!!! (also congrats man)

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I have a request for everybody who reads this.

Could you all rate the Ottawa Melee thread 1 star plz? I'd really appreciate it. It would be lolz.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
@Matt - Thanks and Congrats on getting into Sudbury. Unfortunately I wasnt around enough to play/get to know you better. Goodluck with your studies.

@Cameron - The surgery wasnt needed per se. I coulda gone through life without it but there was pain when it was bent so I decided to have the surgery. Hopef ully once I heal ill be back or as close as possible to 100 percent as possible.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I had some surgery done yesterday, it went well id say. Got a few holes around my knee and cant really walk properly, but hopefully ill be back to 100% after I heal. It was quite an interesting an experience since ive never had surgery done before. I must say that morphine is a hell of a drug.
Why didn't you tell me you had problems with you knee? I'd have prayed for you while I was at church.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that things are going to get better. Well, most likely anyways. You also need to be around more often =(

Oh yes, Ariel I forget. Congrats on the job!
Thank you. I can do stuff Friday after work(around 7ish) or Sunday during the day. Please let me know. We must do something!

Congrats on the job, Ariel! Menial work isn't fun, but it's motivation to follow through on University so you can get a better job :)
That is very true. You've inspired me to re-double my efforts in my classes. Also, in case you were wondering about the ending, the Blonde turned me down =(

@Anyone who cares about my life story- So I finally got around to talking to this really cute girl in my class. Without getting into too much detail, she's really awesome. Also, she's making it super obvious that she likes me, so it all seems good. Downside: she doesn't live in Ottawa. She gets a drive to South Keys in the mornings and takes the O-train to school. Why do I keep getting ghey'd?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@Ariel- If Titanic has told me anything, it is that near, far, whereeeeever you are shouldn't matter.

Go for broke.

EDIT: we seriously need to throw a good bye smashfest/party for matt, I'm quite free next week.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
I have a request for everybody who reads this.

Could you all rate the Ottawa Melee thread 1 star plz? I'd really appreciate it. It would be lolz.
facepalm* so this is how the ratings went down so fast -_-

Matts leaving? I never even got to play him once :O
Whereever you re off to Matt, best of luck

Matt07

Smash Master
Thanks guys!

@Randy a goodbye party does sound legit.
@Blitz Yea I did, although they're pretty lame, I just dropped 1 controller and it broke...so I have to be gentle with the last one I have.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
WTF!!?!?!?!?

I don't check the boards for a measely 2 weeks, and Matt is leaving!?!?!?!

GOODBYE PARTY!!!!! (also congrats man)
This

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, man. I'm glad a good opportunity has come up for you, though. I'd like to hang out before you go.

Speaking of which, is there anything going on tonight? Did you mean tonight, Malcolm? Either way, I'm free tonight it anyone wants to hang out.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Thanks guys!

@Randy a goodbye party does sound legit.
@Blitz Yea I did, although they're pretty lame, I just dropped 1 controller and it broke...so I have to be gentle with the last one I have.
That doesn't sound like a legit GC controller. Oh well, better than nothing...

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
yeah, tonight.
we could play some smash, or some other game. i'm trying to get monster hunter tri for later.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
ariel, don't be a *****, we have a DKC2 game in progress !!

:p

address and directions are in a previous post, matt.
just try to confirm you will be coming so i don't worry about you like a mother :)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Ya, I should be able to head out. I'll need your address too, Malcolm. I'll look in your previous posts first, though. DKC2 is an awesome game!

What time should I come over?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
K. I might be there a little later than that because of dinner etc. See you soon. :)

EDIT: not finding your address in your posts, sorry. Want to PM me it, please?

Top Bottom