• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Are you genuinely tired? As in do you actually wanna fall asleep? If youre feeling great and can continue to stay up I wouldnt fight it but use it to my advantage. I know I could use a couple of extra hours per day.

If you dont wanna be up any more you could do some exercise, if its intense enough your body will send selatonin (iirc) into your brain which causes you to become sleepy.

Or as others have suggested doing something boring could work as well. What worked for me last weekend was watching Ninja Assasin. Fell asleep about half way through.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Well, I managed to catch 3 hours of sleep(8-11) of sleep and I feel so incredible. Even my slight acne has cleared up and some injuries I sustained a few days ago pretty much gone. I have been trying to keep myself occupied with reading scary stories and drawing but idk... I need to do stuff. I guess I'll go outside and do something while the sun's still up.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ariel can't use Rest because he's already at full stamina.

If you really want to sleep, turkey should work.

Well, I managed to catch 3 hours of sleep(8-11) of sleep and I feel so incredible. Even my slight acne has cleared up and some injuries I sustained a few days ago pretty much gone. I have been trying to keep myself occupied with reading scary stories and drawing but idk... I need to do stuff. I guess I'll go outside and do something while the sun's still up.
Oh, I see. Reverse vampire.

Kizuzu

Smash Rookie
Malcolm/Fortin/Kizuzu(sorry, don't know your real name)!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196526

idk if you guys are interested, but I hope you guys sign up.
I'd love to, but I have to quit my other job first (lol working 74 hours a week suucks). Good news is I'm giving my two weeks tomorrow, but the other job is from 11pm-7am 5 days a week. I would need to know where it is/what time it's at.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Update: I've lost some weight(fat) around my stomach. My abs are more defined. I have been eating more often than usual. My overall physical condition is improving. I've mostly been playing pkmn the past few days. And my mood has improved.

Witchcraft?

Anyways, I can get some league matches in on Sunday if anyone feels like hosting something.

EDIT:

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like you are slowly turning into wolverine. So how do I go about acquiring these mutant powers?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I bumped into our old friend Moses last Saturday.

PND

Smash Champion
How many hours on average did you sleep a night before all this happened?

@Orlando: Haha, saw Moses? Ask him about Cam's controller?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
About 6-7. In anycase, I'm returning to normal, except still with a larger appetite than I used to have, but I got that covered: Tuna sandwiches. No way am I gonna gain fat from tuna.

Anyways, in order to get the ball rolling, I can host something next Tuesday, but only a limited amount of people can come.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
We just talked about what we were upto recently. Yeah he basically quit smash/games in order to focus on more important things. He said that he feels that playing games is just a waste of time/energy. I somewhat agreed with him.

It was a pretty random meeting, I was just leaving Shawarma Palace on Rideau (best plate in town as far as im concerned) and crossed the street to catch the bus. He just kinda came around the corner and we both were kinda surprised.

I did mention to him that he owed Cam some money from before and he should go visit Cam. lol he was just kinda of hoping Cam would 'forget' about it, as in Cam would just not care about it after some point. Last thing he said was not tell anyone that I saw him, but I just told him that I was definitely posting something on swf about it.

@Ariel - if you gain any fat it will come from the bread but bread/fish is an ok balance between carbs/protein assuming its close to one can per sandwich. If you are still somewhat hungry after your sammich you should consider eating some nuts for some good fats. I also finished the God Delusion a while ago so ill just need to find the time to return it, I know you wanted to read that for a while now.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Orlando- Sharwarmas are evil, straight up. Did you mention the controller btw? And I disagree, somewhat. Games are only a waste of time and money if you feel they are. To be honest, I don't actually like smash for the game, I like playing it with other people. The fact that I can have fun with friends and make awesome memories makes them not a waste to me. Also, certain games(for some, chess; for me, pkmn) really stimulate your critical thinking and problem solving skills, which is kinda like exercising your brain and surely that counts for something right?

Also, I am totally eating whole wheat multigrain bread. idk if that makes a difference, but it doesn't taste as good as white bread and it has seeds all over it so I assume it's good for me. Also, 1 can of tuna per 2 sandwiches. 1 can is just too much for 2 pieces of bread to handle.

And yay! I've been wanting to read it for some time now. I gotta say, his PR skills are ****ing terrible.

buenob

Smash Lord
a ) i'm down for tuesday shennanigans at ariels
b) sorry, still drunk :( will update probably either sunday or monday... man I drink a lot :(
c) moses needs to mindgames us all by showing up to a fest

Matt07

Smash Master
So, I'm pretty much forced to use a Classic Controller now :(. I just recently found my Gamecube Controller broke, and it's not working...

So I'm going to use a Classic Controller now, it still feels kinda...weird but whatever, I'll adjust.

/johns.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
So, I'm pretty much forced to use a Classic Controller now :(. I just recently found my Gamecube Controller broke, and it's not working...

So I'm going to use a Classic Controller now, it still feels kinda...weird but whatever, I'll adjust.

/johns.
Were you going to look for another Gamecube controller? A few months back I bought one just in case mine ever ****ed up. I could sell it to you. Unless you don't have any money to do so, then never mind.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, I'd be willing to buy it, how much you willing to sell it for :O.

@Mike: Heh, you could say that :laugh:, using the Classic Controller isn't that bad, but I'll always prefer a Gamecube :p.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to part with it for $20 minimum. I know it's a bit pricey, but the controller cost me $39.54 including tax (I found the receit) and I need to make up for it a bit. When I look back it was a bad purchase, lol. I believe it's refurbished and it's Indigo colour. I wouldn't of kept it if it didn't work, but I'll double check to make sure.

I should also point out that you could probably get a Gamecube for $40, not including tax, with a Gamecube controller at Microplay.

Matt07

Smash Master
$20 doesn't seem much for a GC controller =o, considering that you can only purchase them online now.

And I'll check Microplay sometime, and look around for a controller, and if I don't find a decent one, I'll purchase the one from you. Thanks for the offer!

PND

Smash Champion
Hey Matt, I saw you on 8wayrun. (Or someone else from Ottawa with the exact same username.)

Dave and I play a lot of SC, maybe we can get some matches in sometime.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
$20 doesn't seem much for a GC controller =o, considering that you can only purchase them online now.

And I'll check Microplay sometime, and look around for a controller, and if I don't find a decent one, I'll purchase the one from you. Thanks for the offer!
Alright, no problem. I just checked it now and it seems to work fine. PM me if you want it and we'll arrange something.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey Matt, I saw you on 8wayrun. (Or someone else from Ottawa with the exact same username.)

Dave and I play a lot of SC, maybe we can get some matches in sometime.
Alright, no problem. I just checked it now and it seems to work fine. PM me if you want it and we'll arrange something.
@Mike Haha, yea I am =o. And heh didn't know you guys played SC, yea we should get in matches sometime!

@Blitz Alright, thanks again!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Mike and Dave play SC. In fact, Dave and I used to play the ORIGINAL Soul Calibur way back in grade 9 and stuff on my Dreamcast. But yeah....Mike's probably the one who made me decide to drop Siegfried and stick more to Xianghua with his whipping de la arse. And I might get in on that too, if I can get a wireless signal on my PS3 in my basement.

Fogel

Smash Lord
We just talked about what we were upto recently. Yeah he basically quit smash/games in order to focus on more important things. He said that he feels that playing games is just a waste of time/energy. I somewhat agreed with him.

It was a pretty random meeting, I was just leaving Shawarma Palace on Rideau (best plate in town as far as im concerned) and crossed the street to catch the bus. He just kinda came around the corner and we both were kinda surprised.

I did mention to him that he owed Cam some money from before and he should go visit Cam. lol he was just kinda of hoping Cam would 'forget' about it, as in Cam would just not care about it after some point. Last thing he said was not tell anyone that I saw him, but I just told him that I was definitely posting something on swf about it.
That's pretty random. I haven't forgotten that he owes me stuff, I just have no idea how to contact him. This story will just make me remember even longer!

Also, for Shawarma, the Mr. Shawarma by my place (near Greenbank at Baseline) is the best I've had so far. Give it a shot :)

@Orlando- Sharwarmas are evil, straight up. Did you mention the controller btw? And I disagree, somewhat. Games are only a waste of time and money if you feel they are. To be honest, I don't actually like smash for the game, I like playing it with other people. The fact that I can have fun with friends and make awesome memories makes them not a waste to me. Also, certain games(for some, chess; for me, pkmn) really stimulate your critical thinking and problem solving skills, which is kinda like exercising your brain and surely that counts for something right?

Also, I am totally eating whole wheat multigrain bread. idk if that makes a difference, but it doesn't taste as good as white bread and it has seeds all over it so I assume it's good for me. Also, 1 can of tuna per 2 sandwiches. 1 can is just too much for 2 pieces of bread to handle.

And yay! I've been wanting to read it for some time now. I gotta say, his PR skills are ****ing terrible.
Play Go for critical thinking/problem solving skills :) I may have convinced Jan to get back into it. Competitive pkmn seems pretty fun though (minus the grinding...). Those matches we had at Ben's a while back were pretty fun! It's strange for people my age to be playing Pkmn though...

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Cam- I am more of a chess man, though even still I don't play chess much anyways. And hey, pkmns fun, it's not like you're watching the anime or buying the merchandise or anything.

To everyone:
Is any one doing anything this week?
No plans yet, but will keep you updated.
I guess people missed it, but on page 356:
About 6-7. In anycase, I'm returning to normal, except still with a larger appetite than I used to have, but I got that covered: Tuna sandwiches. No way am I gonna gain fat from tuna.

Anyways, in order to get the ball rolling, I can host something next Tuesday, but only a limited amount of people can come.
Unless you just want to know my schedule for this week. Other than smash on Tuesday, it's mostly school until Friday when I go to that youth group. I seem to be making progress with a blonde there.
it is so difficult not to laugh during the Jesus music videos. I use to be pride myself on my pokerface, but ****, those videos shattered me completely.

Top Bottom