• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
@Ariel - You pretty much summed up what my view of videogames, thats why I only somewhat agreed. You gotta have some fun too right? What time is the fest at? Ill try to make it out.

Yeah I know 1 can is alot for 1 sandwich its just that 4 breads is alot but youll be okay. That multigrain bread + tuna doesnt sound too appealing, ive only ever liked putting pb&j on that type of bread. Shawarma=greatest food ever? Had some again yesterday. too good.

@Cam - Hope you get your stuff back some day. He said he needs some money first so hes trying to get his job back at the coliseum, so if that happens maybe he'll repay you. I forgot about the controller though, sorry. Ill keep it in mind incase we ever meet again.

My Shawarma Connoisseur stuff:
Also with regards to Shawarma I find its crucial to distinguish between sandwich and plate. I find with sandwiches its either they are good or bad, with most (90%) that ive had have been good. However the plate is a different story. Most places I go to ive had the plate and they were ok, few were good, and even fewer were amazing. So far out of all the places ive been to Shawarma palace on Rideau has the best plate (in Ottawa) regarding, quantity, freshness, and overall taste. Its fairly expensive but id say very much worth it. I cant even finish the whole thing. If you think youve had a better plate than this, let me know I dont mind trying new places.

This post made me hungry.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know 1 can is alot for 1 sandwich its just that 4 breads is alot but youll be okay. That multigrain bread + tuna doesnt sound too appealing, ive only ever liked putting pb&j on that type of bread. Shawarma=greatest food ever? Had some again yesterday. too good.
idk, it tastes pretty good to me. I guess I am just a tuna kind of guy. Then again, I haven't had white bread in about two years(barring a sandwich at harold's every now and then) so I don't really remember what it tastes like. Peanut Butter is the best thing ever. I cry for the allergic; they know not what they miss.

Concerning games, I've mostly stopped playing them now. I don't play much anymore except pkmn and Dylan got me the new pkmn game(against my wishes). Though, I did recently go through No More Heroes on hardmode and I had loads of fun. I strongly recommend that everyone pick up NMH. Personally I liked the first one better than the second.

what time are things going on tuesday?
4-11pm.

The new official song of Ottawa.

EDIT:
I would try to make it, im not working on tuesday, it sounds like fun put my name in. just need to know where im going lol
Check your PM inbox.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
tuesday? send me a msg with the address and i'll try my best to make it, for reaaaallz this time. i can bring my wii as well if you have a second tv, just hit me up.

Fogel

Smash Lord
@Cam- I am more of a chess man, though even still I don't play chess much anyways. And hey, pkmns fun, it's not like you're watching the anime or buying the merchandise or anything.

Other than smash on Tuesday, it's mostly school until Friday when I go to that youth group. I seem to be making progress with a blonde there.
it is so difficult not to laugh during the Jesus music videos. I use to be pride myself on my pokerface, but ****, those videos shattered me completely.
True enough. I think I'd only want to play if you give me pre-set-up Pokemon again though...I really dislike grinding :)

Good luck with the blonde; I didn't think you'd go for religious girls.

@Cam - Hope you get your stuff back some day. He said he needs some money first so hes trying to get his job back at the coliseum, so if that happens maybe he'll repay you. I forgot about the controller though, sorry. Ill keep it in mind incase we ever meet again.

My Shawarma Connoisseur stuff:
Also with regards to Shawarma I find its crucial to distinguish between sandwich and plate. I find with sandwiches its either they are good or bad, with most (90%) that ive had have been good. However the plate is a different story. Most places I go to ive had the plate and they were ok, few were good, and even fewer were amazing. So far out of all the places ive been to Shawarma palace on Rideau has the best plate (in Ottawa) regarding, quantity, freshness, and overall taste. Its fairly expensive but id say very much worth it. I cant even finish the whole thing. If you think youve had a better plate than this, let me know I dont mind trying new places.

This post made me hungry.
From your summary, if he's hoping I just forgot, it doesn't sound like he has any intention of giving my stuff back. Maybe if I ran into him randomly and he had no way of avoiding me before I saw him, I could at least get some contact info out of him, but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.

As for Shawarma, I didn't realize you were talking about the plate vs. the sandwich. I thought you meant "plate" as in a general meal. Personally, I usually get a chicken sandwich with a side order of potatoes topped with garlic sauce (I'm not really looking into my diet as much as you/Ariel, so I doubt either of you would go for potatoes, but I likes me some ridiculously garlic-y potatoes!). The plate at Mr. Shawarma is ok; I've only had it once or twice, and I've never tried a plate anywhere else. As above, I usually get a sandwich+potato. It's actually a combo there; those two with a drink is currently $9.

Actually, by chance I was at the Shawarma Palace on Rideau just yesterday (ordered my usual!). They definitely don't cheap out on the potatoes there; a "small" potato order had twice as many potatoes as I'd get anywhere else. The sandwich was pretty good. They also put a ridiculous amount of garlic on anything; I could taste garlic until after eating my lunch today, and that includes brushing my teeth in the morning! My only criticism overall is that the garlic was actually overwhelming, and I'm a man who loves my garlic...

I'll try the plate there next time. Believe it or not, the Palace is a lunch destination of choice for some guys I'm working with right now.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I can host something next Tuesday
CANCELLED YOU GUYS
Hope everyone gets that before tomorrow.

True enough. I think I'd only want to play if you give me pre-set-up Pokemon again though...I really dislike grinding :)

Good luck with the blonde; I didn't think you'd go for religious girls.
It is fun, but sometimes the luck can be a huge kick in the nuts. The other day I was flinched 5 turns in a row (30% chance to flinch) which is absolutely ridiculous.

Well, religion isn't a huge thing for me. I'm not Harold. I don't actually care about religion... like at all. And hey, isn't everyone partial towards blondes anyways?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i'm down. dood, what's your name again? haha
oh yah, and whats ur address and what time?

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
i would say around 7-8 ish the address is 206 carillon its 2 streets behind the BK on Montreal road.
oh and name is Fortin, its my last name but i think it defines me more then my first. besides Eric is such a common name... lol

also if any one else wants to come tell me here so i know how many people are coming. (just to avoid a surprise like last time lol)

buenob

Smash Lord
i'll probably come... weather is balls right now, hopefully that will improve... 90% yes from me! lol

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
@Cam - If you get the plate make sure you go with a huge appetite, they really dont skimp on much there. The lingering of the garlic is probably only one of the downsides to the whole shawarma, it really can be hard to get rid of.

@Ariel/Fortin - Decided I should do lots of work today wont be able to make it out.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll make it. Running on 10 hours of sleep though. Fuggin' healthy lifestyle.

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
i'll probably come... weather is balls right now, hopefully that will improve... 90% yes from me! lol
sweet can't wait, i so want to take down your Rob in a one on one when and if your come over.

on a completely other note seeing as how you guys check here more then the tier forum we have. who are the two people under Kiz and I on the tier list? have i actually played them? or is it to make use feel less noobish lol

Matt07

Smash Master
Randy - That sounds like legit johns to me! Haha.

Ariel, I took the right bus today, and I found the store! I purchased 2 controller's for like 56 bucks, decent price! I might show up tonight, I dunno class ends pretty late, I'll see!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Woo! Sorry for mucking up the intructions before. Won't make it out guys, stuffs come up. btw, harold has a Mohawk.

buenob

Smash Lord
seriously harold is my hero... first he colonel sanders'd it up, now he's punking out... next he needs corn-rolls and that'll be that

ps. can he get me free bagels?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he can hook you up with free bagels. lol, I'll ask tomorrow when I see him. In case anyone reads this while at Fortin's try to get some league matches in you guys =P

Fogel

Smash Lord
It is fun, but sometimes the luck can be a huge kick in the nuts. The other day I was flinched 5 turns in a row (30% chance to flinch) which is absolutely ridiculous.

Well, religion isn't a huge thing for me. I'm not Harold. I don't actually care about religion... like at all. And hey, isn't everyone partial towards blondes anyways?
Yes, random bad luck sucks. There's another reason for me to stick to Go - no luck involved :)

@Cam - If you get the plate make sure you go with a huge appetite, they really dont skimp on much there. The lingering of the garlic is probably only one of the downsides to the whole shawarma, it really can be hard to get rid of.

@Ariel/Fortin - Decided I should do lots of work today wont be able to make it out.
Good call - I'll take the "small" potatoes I got on the weekend as a warning. I could only finish half of them after finishing the sandwich!

PND

Smash Champion
MLG Ruleset is up.

http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

You'll have to navigate that page a bit. . . but here's the stage list:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Red = Woah

buenob

Smash Lord
actually if you read the stage legality thread, that is a very popular list for the "most neutral" starter set

Kizuzu

Smash Rookie
I don't think he can hook you up with free bagels. lol, I'll ask tomorrow when I see him. In case anyone reads this while at Fortin's try to get some league matches in you guys =P
Haha will do, I ragequit KFC so my week-ends pretty much opened up. I wanna watch Eric cry as the a** turnips **** him in the face :D

Well we can have people at my place. kizuzu is moving into my place so having you guys over later for some matchs would be fun.
Unfortunately I'm not moving in. Jazz actually said sorry and we're talking about it tonight... I'm going to let MT know. It's a bad idea for me to move so close to my finals anyway lol.

And **** if I didn't read this before, I would've so been up for Tuesday. Oh well lol.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Woo! Sorry for mucking up the intructions before. Won't make it out guys, stuffs come up. btw, harold has a Mohawk.
lolwut

PS2>PS1. The windmill is just too ghey. Ice/Treadmills/Wind are pretty w/e, but that windmill...

Also, you guys complain about MK being broken...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpYoHprg_c&feature=related
No way ps1>>ps2. Windmill makes ps1 gay for 1/4? transformations, while ps2 is gay for 4/4
Ivan Ooze is the most broken of the broken.

MLG Ruleset is up.

http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

You'll have to navigate that page a bit. . . but here's the stage list:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Red = Woah
MLG has always had a pretty wide stage selection for CPs. Such as Princess Peachs castle in melee. Although with Greens greens being all glitchy, I was kinda surprised to see it there.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Who's with me for Rumble Falls?!

Anyways, it happened again. Kind of. I'm posting too soon; the story's only started. Basically I've just been challenged to a pkmn battle against people who like grinding. I must say, I'm rather intimidated, since they(it's a couple O_O) bought a GCN a few years back just to get the pkmn coliseum bonus disc that allows you to get Jirachi(an event only pkmn, hard to obtain). ****, that's hardcore. Hard-****ing-core. Wish me luck guys, appeal to the hax gods for me.

EDIT: Someone finally called and offered me a job to work in a bakery! How cool is that? Well I'll never know since I didn't get it. The guy asked me kinda randomly if I plan to go to college or uni in the fall and I said yeah and then he tells me that I can't get the position cause he needs someone permanent.

wtf this is bullshit why can't I get a job?

arsenic41

Smash Ace

Anyways, it happened again. Kind of. I'm posting too soon; the story's only started. Basically I've just been challenged to a pkmn battle against people who like grinding. I must say, I'm rather intimidated, since they(it's a couple O_O) bought a GCN a few years back just to get the pkmn coliseum bonus disc that allows you to get Jirachi(an event only pkmn, hard to obtain). ****, that's hardcore. Hard-****ing-core. Wish me luck guys, appeal to the hax gods for me.
6 Wobuffets, they won't see it coming.

And I don't think the 1337 H4XoRz gods will help you here, you better start getting down and dirty with lady luck.

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
Haha will do, I ragequit KFC so my week-ends pretty much opened up. I wanna watch Eric cry as the a** turnips **** him in the face :D

Unfortunately I'm not moving in. Jazz actually said sorry and we're talking about it tonight... I'm going to let MT know. It's a bad idea for me to move so close to my finals anyway lol.

And **** if I didn't read this before, I would've so been up for Tuesday. Oh well lol.
well i thought you where coming so i didn't call you to tell you lol

SoLn

Smash Apprentice

EDIT: Someone finally called and offered me a job to work in a bakery! How cool is that? Well I'll never know since I didn't get it. The guy asked me kinda randomly if I plan to go to college or uni in the fall and I said yeah and then he tells me that I can't get the position cause he needs someone permanent.

wtf this is bullshit why can't I get a job?
Im sure you have the mindgames/knowledge to pull it out.

Depending on the job sometimes its just worth lying about. Hopefully youll get one soon. Where would you have been working anyways?

Top Bottom