• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yeah I kinda want to go to waterloo cuz there's melee, no joke lol.
I can see why, lol.

Also on topic of payouts. Somebody might just be having a bad month, end up in House B and start destroying everybody. If only House A won any money then I guess it would be less of a problem, but having the same people win over and over simply because you don't have access to at least try and beat them is kind of crappy.

Maybe if there was a gigantic round robin it wouldn't be a problem but that would make the league longer and more difficult for people to finish their matches.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
We really need to emphasize a prize eh, nothings going to force people to play harder lol

Edit: @ Cman Dayum, would the last time seeing you would be like before exams?
Probably, nothing is certain. Only time will tell.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I like the league though, I just don't really care about payouts. Maybe we could do some actual bi-weeklies on top of it.

Note: I'm very poor and I can't really afford to enter myself AND both my brothers.

Edit: Well my family isn't that poor but I myself don't have the opportunity to go around spending money often.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
They are too young to have any money of their own so I would have to. But I don't have that kind of money to spend every month.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Are we talking about just a small tournament?

I'll have more money in the summer, probably starting May, if I get a job.

Edit: Just noticed I had 1000th post a while back, lol.

Edit 2: Don't pay for brothers you shouldn't have to.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
If you want to do a tiny tournament every two weeks (biweeklies lol) then smaller entrance fees are ideal. At least in my opinion.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Two dollars every two weeks I might be able to manage paying for myself and my brothers. But if you'd rather do it every month then it's fine with me. But to be honest, I can't afford doing $5 entry fee for something so small.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I probably don't want to bus out to Kanata tomorrow.
I'm going to help out with Balanced Brawl more, and most likely Pit Minus...and my aunt's birthday.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Okay sounds good. Except for House A getting auto DQ lol.

@chlor0form: I need some help with this pj64k stuff lol. Send me a message when you can play!

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, but then that's not fair to the House A players. We'd eliminate the half of the top contenders second round of loser's. :(

If we use skill based seeding (based off of the league results, I'll go into more detail if requested) we'd have every first match being House A versus House B. So if you're trying to help out House B, I propose this rule:

For the first round, House A *MUST* pick a character from low tier or bottom tier . House B is free to select any character they please. After the first round is complete, regardless of the outcome, House A is free to pick any character.

For reference:

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
If we use skill based seeding (based off of the league results, I'll go into more detail if requested) we'd have every first match being House A versus House B. So if you're trying to help out House B, I propose this rule:

For the first round, House A *MUST* pick a character from low tier or bottom tier . House B is free to select any character they please. After the first round is complete, regardless of the outcome, House A is free to pick any character.
You don't need to give House A a gigantic disadvantage. I don't even know how to use Low tier lol. Whatever it's up to you guys, I don't really care that much to be honest.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
There isn't a need to make it fair. It's already fair enough. If I were in a lower house, I wouldn't want the reason I beat somebody to be because of a handicap.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
why don't we just do a good old round robin or something tourney formatted instead of trying to figure out the best disadvantage that house a players get??

There isn't a need to make it fair. It's already fair enough. If I were in a lower house, I wouldn't want the reason I beat somebody to be because of a handicap.
agreed.

blitz - do you have msn or something??

PND

Smash Champion
That, plus I'm not entirely sure I beat a house B'er with a handicap. Or even without one. :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
Seeding could be done entirely by league results.

1st place House A gets top seed,
2nd place A gets 2nd,
3rd place A gets 3rd,
4th place A gets 5th seed.

1st place B gets 4th seed (higher than 4th place from House A :))
2nd place B gets 6th seed
3rd place B gets 7th seed
4th place B gets 8th seed.

Bracket:
(Double elim, obviously)

Seed 1
vs
Seed 8

Seed 3
vs
Seed 6

---

Seed 2
vs
Seed 7

Seed 4
vs
Seed 5

And there we have perfect skill based seeding. (I've ran tourneys by HAND before lol. I know mah seeding)

EDIT: I have no idea. He's considering it but he doesn't know if he'll have enough time. He def loves Melee tho, and his Peach is legit.

PND

Smash Champion
I'd be cool with a tourney any time, really.

Proper seeding would be hard for the new recruits, but I'm sure I could handle the task with a bit of brotherly insight from Chris lol

Seeding would be based off of the last league, tho (I'd be 4th seed! :laugh:)

EDIT: Oh, and an amendment to my previous seeding:

If the race between first and second seed is close, seeding will remain the same as posted.
If there is a noticeable gap (the first seed is by and far the strongest) then seeds 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 will swap places.

PND

Smash Champion
^ Unos momentos, por favor

I'll edit it in here once I have seeding calculated

EDIT:
Vanitas - 1st Seed
C Man - 2nd Seed
BL!TZ - 3rd Seed (Possible swap with below)
PND - 4th Seed (Possible swap with above)
Chloroform - 5th seed
Linkshot - 6th seed
M3GA - 7th seed (possible swap with below)
Florence - 8th seed (possible swap with above)

Boom. I'm good at this. :laugh: j/k

Top Bottom