• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
OH ****!!!!!! YOU PLAY SMASH 64 CHLOR0?! I'll have my stuff set up on pc when my internet doesn't get interrupted when people call me.

We're still thinking of a team name.

Edit: Our name will be The Cranes. Why? I don't know...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
What's Tom's style of play, Chris? I can probably suggest characters based on that, since I used to be in the dilemma of "Who the **** should I use consistently?"

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Well in Melee he doesn't really have a solid playstyle, I'm not sure how to explain. He can't combo, he has mediocre tech skill, and he doesn't really have a strong suit. However I should point out...

in 64 however he knows how to abuse a lot of moves and annoy people. He will camp in one spot and up tilt with Kirby, he will abuse his amazing spike, and do other annoying things. You could say he is reliant on the brokenness and ease of the character, but he is able to use Kirby better than I ever could. He also does this with other characters.

Maybe he just needs somebody to point out what he could do to annoy people...

Edit: Maybe you should play him first to judge for yourself.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
yo al put me in house B. Thanks.

These are the members that signed up for ottawa melee biweeklies so far:

Cman
Blitz
Vanitas
Hidef
PND MIKE
Florence
LinkShot
Chloroform DI,Tech.
MegaMarthMan

9 People, thats pretty beast. Looks like there is gonna be 2 houses.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
First off, this place has EXPLODED. Gee gee guys!
what is the difference between quite good and really good? >_<
Thanks for coming! i hope you come by again to buy our $5.00 subs! :) Remember to deliver my joke present to Will if you have the time!
Yupp i messaged Tect in hopes that he might stop by one day, thanks for letting us know he still plays.
Again, thanks for coming man, you were fun to play against!
btw...were you sandbagging against us? :p
Quite good is like, you're one of the best in your areas (and your area doesn't suck). Really good is like, people know who you are. In the states. It was great to play you guys, thanks for inviting me. Was I sandbagging? I wasn't trying to, but I wasn't playing as well as I normally do. Started doing better with Charlesz controller. I think mine got busted up in my luggage :( . Tect and ganonpwn were giving me a run for my money. They are really good (read: will **** you guys) but I could have played a lot a lot better too. I had fun with them though, so I hope they had fun too =)
I shall host. Sign me up.
Welcome aboard, captain.
I Want Greens Greens And Corneria Dammit.
We do not tolerate such nonsense aboard this aircraft.
Sersiously no lvl 9 Ganon. I'd rather go alone with two controllers.
INFIDEL. lvl9 ganon ***** ballz. Trust me.
I'm against Green Greens and Corneria.

However, I totally support Great Bay :laugh:
Great Gay?
This is freaky...I'm considering casually picking up Melee since I forgot to inquire to someone about BB last night, and because those doubles friendlies were fun as hell. WTF's going on? :confused:
Do it, friend.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
What is wrong with both of you? Dont you guys want to play me? :(
anyways since Fogel and SAUS dropped out...house A will only be left with me and ~PND~ if you guys want to escape House A lol...which is kinda small...so i think both of you guys will have to stay in House A
It's not that I don't want to be in House A, it's that I lost last season. But if it's better that I stay in House A then keep me there.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I just talked to Ganonpwn! ( aka Zac) , he says he'll consider joining the scene but has not given me a definite response yet. THe only reason I should be in house B is cuz i got 5-0 last time by BCGAYL =[.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
I played ganonpwn a long time ago and i got ***** lol. ;P I'd like to think i've improved much since then though! that was also when i mained falco. hmm. charlesz, what tier is this new character of yours??

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hey-o guys! Just felt like chiming in quickly in between classes!

Sorry for not messaging you back, Vanitas. =( I fail.
I feel bad for not making it out to see the Melee scene, but I was stuck in my neighbourhood for most of the time, though, as you know, I did get to play with Manuel and GanonPWN! since we played a few minutes' walk from my house.

I'll be checking in frequently on this thread =) though keep in mind that I do live in Kingston during the school year, and it appears that I will be living here this coming summer. However, be on the look-out (but I will post here about it) for a tournament hosted by myself and others in Kingston! Personally, I think it is a great location seeing as how it is in between Toronto and Ottawa, and not too far from Montreal. Furthermore, I have been building a little community here since last spring.

I'll keep stopping in!

Edit: Thank you for the kind words, Manuel. You are raeeepee. Really happy to have played you! That and you are super cool, still waiting on your BookFace.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'd rather go with other people from Ottawa so a carpool would be good. I can't drive but maybe my parents would be willing to.
They are crazy

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Tourney stuff in Kingston, huh? I should tell my brother he could make a few bucks renting out the spare bedroom at his place to smash peeps, haha.

Top Bottom