• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Fogel

Smash Lord
random side note, since everyone in the ottawa social thread either hates me or just straight up ignored me
i got accepted to ottawa u! and that was my first choice too lol, so im not about to go anywhere, im staying in the small ottawa melee community for perhaps 6 more years haha
Congrats on getting accepted!

PND

Smash Champion
~PND~ yeaaa your commentating was definitely the best out of all of us hahaha
Thanks. :) I just get hype about everything.

random side note, since everyone in the ottawa social thread either hates me or just straight up ignored me
i got accepted to ottawa u! and that was my first choice too lol, so im not about to go anywhere, im staying in the small ottawa melee community for perhaps 6 more years haha

Cool beans.

What program did you get accepted into?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Thanks alot guys! :)
which univerisity does everyone go to? just curious and for lols
uhh Bachelor of Sciences...sigh* its going to be tough :(
I'm going to Carleton right now. I'm in a B. Music program but I'll probably be switching to a 3 year general degree in Psychology.

On topic: Sorry I haven't sent directions yet. I'll be able to do so when I'm not busy with school.

PND

Smash Champion
Wow. That's an eerie coincidence. My first degree was Music, and I minored in Psychology. Now I'm applying to U of O Faculty of Science, Pre-Medical studies.

Not much you can do with a music degree, ha.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Wow. That's an eerie coincidence. My first degree was Music, and I minored in Psychology. Now I'm applying to U of O Faculty of Science, Pre-Medical studies.

Not much you can do with a music degree, ha.
Lol, that's weird. I'm just getting a degree so I can get a decent job, nothing really specific so it doesn't matter what I go into. I like playing but I don't like the theory, history, and artsy crap. Psychology is more interesting in my opinion.

I wonder what Charles is going to do for University...

Edit: lol @ the picture Will posted.

PND

Smash Champion
As much as I like psychology as a subject, the classes themselves are quite dull.

At least, they were up until third year. By that point most people transferred or dropped out, and the more intimate teaching environment combined with the expanded subject matter really allowed it to be quite enjoyable.

And that plane would be awesome. . . except it doesn't have any flying types on it, and far too many electric types. Ergo, I would not trust flying on it. However, that does it give it immunity to electric attacks, so a stray thunderbolt wouldn't WTFPWN you while flying. . . But hitting the ground would be super effective.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to Carleton right now. I'm in a B. Music program but I'll probably be switching to a 3 year general degree in Psychology.

On topic: Sorry I haven't sent directions yet. I'll be able to do so when I'm not busy with school.
you go to carleton bl!tz, we should meet up lol. also, i'm in psychology wtff.. what's going on

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
As much as I like psychology as a subject, the classes themselves are quite dull.

At least, they were up until third year. By that point most people transferred or dropped out, and the more intimate teaching environment combined with the expanded subject matter really allowed it to be quite enjoyable.
I'm taking a video course right now for Psychology and I don't find it dull actually. Mind you I have a great Professor. Thanks for the information, any at all really helps!

@chlor0form: lol, ya we should meet up. How long have you been at Carleton?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Chris, don’t worry about Pming directions yet just wait till when u have a smash fest organized lol
Oh ya I dunt plan to do rez…:( too expensive
Okay, will do.

Ya residence is really expensive, it must be pretty far. Will you have to bus back and forth or will your parents drive you?

Side note: If I can successfully host on a consistent basis, my brothers could be added to the list of players.

Fogel

Smash Lord
If you're going to stick to one character, in my opinion you should stick to Marth. He only has a slightly bad matchup against Sheik, rest are even or better (usually better). Also, you don't have to worry about Nana getting gimped. However, I think having reliable secondaries is good. I know I should have branched out earlier instead of staying just Sheik for so long. There are definitely matches that I won with secondaries which I would have lost as Sheik.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
lol kk ICs it is :)
soo...now that the season 2 smash league is over...u guys want to start a new one up? i think we should most likely base it off of Fogel's league
...just that we would have like 4-5 ppl....:(

seriously, someone introduce their friends to melee >_<
TBH, i tried already introducing melee, but they were mostly frightened instead of interested....-_-
Ya start a league. Who wants to be in charge? I'll only help if nobody else is going to.

I have already introduced three friends to Melee. Whether they want to try and get better is now up to them to decide.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Your ICs have an advantage of "what the hell there are two of them, how do I fight this thing". However, at higher levels of play, this advantage diminishes. If you want to get quite good you should do ICs. If you want to be really good you should go with Marth-- the learning curve is less steep.

I'm at the airport leaving you guys! Thanks for everything, guys.

I also played against Mikey (tect) and Zac (ganonpwn). They were hella good. You guys should try to arrange to play with them. They are easily the best competition you will find nearby. I doubt Rimi and Locke) still play, but apparently they are still quite good.

PND

Smash Champion
I can organize the league on Tio. We can just put current "bracket" pics up in the first post. I'd be willing to keep that up to date.

Shall we start sign-ups?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I also played against Mikey (tect) and Zac (ganonpwn). They were hella good. You guys should try to arrange to play with them. They are easily the best competition you will find nearby. I doubt Rimi and Locke) still play, but apparently they are still quite good.
Thanks for telling us. I'm glad I got the chance to play you!

Start the sign-ups now and wait until somebody hosts to end them. Teams would be cool, but there aren't enough people and I don't have a partner. Maybe wait until we have enough people. If there are two houses I have to go bottom house, lol.

new challengers?
Hopefully!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Maybe there should be a schedule each month showing who is hosting when. That way there won't be any confusion and things can be kept orderly.

Ottawa Melee Biweeklies is a bit of a misnomer, there are no actual biweeklies. Maybe call it something else like Ottawa Melee Scene? idk just a thought.

If your starting sign ups now, sign me up!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hell no to random selection with those stages, stage striking is better imo. If you absolutely MUST do random do at least do MBR neutrals.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I agree with chris .
Cman knows where it's at. I hope you don't mind Vanitas owning the thread now, but in a way it's good since now you don't have to worry about keeping it updated.

You might want to reread Redwood Counter Pick System because you made some mistakes. Also the text is pretty big.

Lol, sorry for complaining a lot, it's for the better that I do so. And thanks for making me an Admin. :)

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Doesn't sound like Cman cares about being OP lol. He just wants Corneria and Green Greens.

The rule set is much better now. I might end up complaining about it in the future.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hell no to Corneria, Green Greens is dumb but I don't really care either way right now. Mind you I might change my mind about it later.

If there enough people for doubles sure but I don't know if there are.

Edit: Add gentleman's clause specifically in the rules plz.

Top Bottom