• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Sure, lololololololol. Might be expensive though.
How long does it take to walk there usually? 10 minutes?

iunno about u guys, but im kinda sad about this lol :(
That sucks to hear man. Hope you guys will quickly and steadily grow in the future. Just remember, melee will never die. Even if the old players quit, there will always be new players who are just as hyped about the game as we are.

When Diakonos comes back to Vancouver, we can beat him up for you if it'll make you guys feel better. Just sayin'. It was his fault after all for crushing a young melee player's dreams.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hey, so Vanitas, you wanted to take over for this thread right?

Hmm. Lemme see if I can remember how to do this.

edit: there you go (:

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I could but I'll need to make sure everything would be set up properly at first. My room is pretty small, 4 people fills it quicker than I realised at first. I could tell my brothers to clean their room so we could use it.

Are we going to continue with the Smash Leagues? I vote Vanitas and PND be in charge if we do.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
They are more knowledgeable about that kind of stuff than I am in my opinion. In Smash, I just do stuff in game without any greatly detailed reasoning behind it.

I find those two are better at explaining stuff than I am. Al is pretty good at that and he's better than me, and Mike is more experienced than I am.

Edit: I suck at explaining things.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
No, I get what you mean.

You guys should do some commentary in your next matches you record. Al for insight and someone else for hype lol.

You can't have HMW without Phil.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
lol PM me directions on how to get there, i dunt want to get lost in downtown again haha
PM me your address, we'll figure it out.

yea sure, i dont mind organizing a league...just that i would need to know how to organize the information onto a website like how Fogel does it. :p
Alright cool, I'll give feedback if I ever have any or you need it.

i disagree, the only advantage i have against you is IC gay chaingrabs lol overall imo you re better than me
Keep in mind you re the only one who took a match off of Diakonos :)
He SD'd last stock though and he wasn't playing 100% (and he still owned us lol).

um no lol, my voice always sounds gay on vid camera :p im thinkin PND could probably handle it alone since he has all the hype XD
I don't particularly care if your voice sounds gay or not on camera. Sounds like a big john to me.
Yep I agree. Lots of people think their voice sounds horrible on camera and even if it does nobody cares.

Linkshot can bucket wut? ROFL
That ******* Fox's lasers, which is very useful btw.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Right, tell me whenever you re planning a smashfest :)
Naw you pressured him to SD LOL
Probably March 13th but not finalized yet. Well hopefully things work out. If somebody else is willing to host we could alternate weeks.

On a side note, I don't think the rest of my family would appreciate any screaming when something epic happens. I'll talk to them about it first to find out.

Oh and I'll warn you about dogs but don't worry, I'll keep them away (unless people are comfortable around dogs).

I'll send you my address in case you lost it, now give me yours.

Edit: I propose the thread title from Diakonos' post.

How many people normally go to the smashfest? And is it a minitournament ("biweekly") or is it just a bunch of FRIENDLY OTTAWA FOLK PLAYING DOCTOR MARIO
Ottawa Melee Biweeklies: BUNCH OF FRIENDLY OTTAWA FOLK PLAYING DOCTOR MARIO

Edit 2: Yay you did it, lol.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
march 13th sounds good :) u would start your smashfests early right
perhaps we can alternate between Chlor0form and u
we dunt scream...that often....lol

dogs? LOL awesome, i dunt mind them at all....unless if one of them randomly wants to knee me from learnin from you...0_o

LOL Diakonos has made his mark on Ottawa
Probably same time as Charles' was (again not finalized).

I don't think they would knee you, maybe F-smash you so you could dodge it.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm cool with doing commentary as long as you guys are cool with. . . me doing commentary. I was a bit quiet during Al and Chris' sets because I wasn't sure if I'd be too distracting or whatever. And I was exhausted.

As long as you guys are cool with how I do things, I can do hype and insightful if needed. I just trashtalk and swear a lot.

PND

Smash Champion
Probably March 13th but not finalized yet. Well hopefully things work out. If somebody else is willing to host we could alternate weeks.

On a side note, I don't think the rest of my family would appreciate any screaming when something epic happens. I'll talk to them about it first to find out.

Oh and I'll warn you about dogs but don't worry, I'll keep them away (unless people are comfortable around dogs).
1) I'm trying to convince my roommates to let me host monthlies, Brawl & Melee. I'll let you know how it goes. Once I get my own place I'll definitely start hosting more often.

2) Stay quiet. Check. :( (j/k)

3) I love dogs!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
1) I'm trying to convince my roommates to let me host monthlies, Brawl & Melee. I'll let you know how it goes. Once I get my own place I'll definitely start hosting more often.

2) Stay quiet. Check. :( (j/k)

3) I love dogs!
Alright sweet. I'm cool with Brawl scene being there cuz they are pretty chill imo.

I'll actually ask about yelling. My dad yells a bit when he watches hockey in the same way other people do for fighting games so maybe he would understand.

I think I'll keep dogs away until they calm the **** up.
(lol ally)

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure hockey yelling and smash yelling are different.

Hockey: "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! VANCOUVERRRRRRR!" (Canucks suck by the way)

Smash: "OH MY GOD. OHHHHHHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHHH. GET ****ED UP. WHERE U ATTTTTTTTTTTT. WHERE U ATTTT. GET CHO LUNCH MONEY TAKEN. ****." caps

Only my opinion though. If he's fine with profanity being yelled around in the house, that's cool. Otherwise, "GET ****IN' *****" can be substituted nicely with a "Get sexually ravaged without your consent!"

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Sounds pretty much the same to me, but maybe that's because I don't yell, lol. Hockey is pretty boring btw.

Edit:
Only my opinion though. If he's fine with profanity being yelled around in the house, that's cool. Otherwise, "GET ****IN' *****" can be substituted nicely with a "Get sexually ravaged without your consent!"
Good point actually. Ok no loud profanity, quiet is ok with me though.

Edit 2: Actually now that I have thought about it more, no yelling plz k thx. It hurts my ears.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Hockey lol. I agree, but I don't want to say anything.

People are still going kerahh over Canada's defeat to the US and I don't particularly feel like dying yet.

"OHHHHH MY GOD. WHERE U AT. GET fuckin *****!"

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hockey is the same over hyped crap over and over again. I think it's good that US beat Canada, now people will maybe stfu about how good Canada is.
Ya right

K I'm going to bed now. I'm tired.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
LOL thats the first time i heard a white person say negative things about hockey haha
i was talkin to my friend once at school, and sports was the topic and i happened to say:
"What? Hockey sucks, worst sport ever"
and then the most random-est tank white guy comes up to me and says "EXCUSE ME?" and he also had the look that he d beat the crap outta me if i said anything more :laugh:
I lol'd

random side note, since everyone in the ottawa social thread either hates me or just straight up ignored me
i got accepted to ottawa u! and that was my first choice too lol, so im not about to go anywhere, im staying in the small ottawa melee community for perhaps 6 more years haha
Congratulations on getting accepted!

Top Bottom