• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
So I've been looking around for some harder songs to learn on piano these days. I can't learn them all though because that would take like a billion years...

Please give me your opinion: out of these, which should I invest my time in for next song to learn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVLhYJeMKI&feature=PlayList&p=F6B49D126D16F089&index=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ifq16IoBA&feature=PlayList&p=58919BAB9971F56E&index=7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=PlayList&p=73126AB3B0829A14&index=0&playnext=1

Your opinion matters!!!

Edit: And if listening to piano songs bores you, you may play this instead.
http://nigoro.jp/game/rosecamellia/rosecamellia.php

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hmm... if I had to pick between those, I'd pick the first one (the FFVI one). On subject though, found a couple other ones you might want to check out (I have no idea what constitutes a 'hard' piano song since I've never played a note on it in my life, lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A68AqFyrDkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLoXSV6TTB0

Oh, and well, I don't know if this one IS hard, but it sounds like it'd be difficult, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRM1btJ8EbM&feature=PlayList&p=C7050557C2A8312B&index=13

On topic though, the first one I think.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dunno, never played FFIX. Always thought it...dunno not that appealing. Though, I like FFVIII over FFVII/FFIX, so... Unless you mean the third was classic, in which case my response is yes, yes it is.

PND

Smash Champion
I changed my vote to the FFIX one. Listening to it further brought up crazy nostalgia.

Oh, FFIX. . . the last good Final Fantasy game :(
Prepares hate shield

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dunno, I thought FFX was better, and haven't played Crisis Core (only thing Crisis Core related I have is the OST I torrented). But yeah...they've kinda gone downhill lately.

PND

Smash Champion
Guys, when I come back, epic band?

Me -> Drums
Andrew -> Piano
Alan -> Violin
Riley -> Bass

It'd be awesome.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I really need to start learning things for my violin.
I hear that Wednesdays may provide you with an opportunity to do so... Actually, before that we should find a nice place outside (Britannia Beach/Park perhaps) and practice a bit.

Andrew: While the 'You Are Not Alone' song is actually my favorite Final Fantasy song, I didn't much like that rendition. I'd go with the FFVI track.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Good games guys, had a lot of fun :) will come out to the next smashfest for sure, maybe even the biweekly

we had to leave kinda early, so i guess i missed playing a few people? ah well, next time. To the people I played today, ggs! Blitz nice falcon, hopefully you can help mine out a bit :). arsenic and jiggs teamate (andrew? my bad, i suck with names), fun doubles matches. Cbone I wanted to play your falco, im sure id get destroyed though ; ggs, hope to play you again next time

rob says he had fun lol, though i dont think he'll be coming to the next one.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Good games BananaTrooper. Both you're Falcon and Marth are good and I look forward to playing you again. That goes for everyone else I played as well!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Apparently his parents got scared or something.
But you came home safe. They should see the logic in that and believe in you now. (Because we all know parents will never believe in their children)
OK GUYS, 4 SRS

Moses' mom (?) just called me (??) (7:30am) asking if I knew where he was. Was he at smashfest last night?? How was he going to try and get home???? Apparently he said he was going to get a ride from me !?!?!??

:urg:

buenob

Smash Lord
I'll be he's in montreal, but if anyone knows contact mike or I please

edit: i _may_ get back into melee... it'll be a long, slow process, but I think i'm going to try lol

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm housing Moses, he just called her and got yelled at for 10 minutes.
It was awkward. : D
wowowowwwwwww...... moses mindgames :dizzy:

well thanks buenob for the help tracking him down :)

IvanEva: srry I woke up ur mom this morning in looking4moses

buenob

Smash Lord
lol so it only takes 1.5 hrs to track down someone's kid in montreal... I love // hate the internet so much right now

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ms. Remi: I vote song #1 because FF6 is the best.

Also, wtf, Moses just totally mindgamed all of Ottawa! I guess he's just at Moses Mindgames level 2 while the rest of us are still trying to figure out level 1.

edit: Ben, if you're serious about Melee and want me to show you stuff, let me know. If you're going to stick to Sheik I can show you the tricks of the trade :)

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the replies, everyone <3

@ Mike
That band has everything anyone ever needs. Seriously, if you guys are up for trying some stuff out, I'm more down than china town.

@ Tyler
I never really gave SF music much a listen/chance. I shall look into them. Sakura's theme sounds pretty fun.

@ Harold
Yeah, that rendition is definitely basically a whole new song. I thought it was a really cool take, though.

@ Ariel
I would like learning that CoT arrangement since mine is basically junk compared to it. *downloads sheet music* Also you rock for listening to touhou music. Play swr!

@ Jan
I can play that :D But only negligibly compared to Ben.

@ Cam
It was my first RPG. Everybody always loves their first RPGs, myself no exception.

Yeah so I wanted to learn a song that, in order to make it sound good, couldn't use the sustain foot. I guess stucattoish would be the term? A non musically educated person like myself might describe such a song as "jazzy" even though it is in fact not jazz at all. Decisive Battle it is!

Also, I had lots of fun in melee! Come on out again and I'll definitely play it with you guys more.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cool man, I forgot to ask how yesterday went. Also, I love how Moses like suddenly is at "Brawl Is Serious Business" and nobody (myself included) seems to know wtf went down. :laugh:

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Andrew: Do some Les Miserables songs.

On topic (let's keep this bi-weekly/tournament only): This bi-weekly will feature 25% less Harold-can't-play-Metaknight-for-**** suicides. Promise. I might not have internet access this week so sign me up whenever.

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Ya know, I've always liked the "The Decisive Battle" theme, good times. I'd also recommend this one from OCremix, no sheet music though.

I'm also not able to show up for the bi-weekly unless I can swap shifts, **** I hate work :( I'd probably lose anyway but I guess that's how you get better.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Andrew: Do some Les Miserables songs.

On topic (let's keep this bi-weekly/tournament only): This bi-weekly will feature 100% more Honkey. Promise. I might not have internet access this week so sign me up whenever.
Fix'd

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
Message for Randy:

I played Chris, and easily won, and never lost. When I play you, it's hard and takes a lot of thought & effort, and you can beat me. As such, I officially accept your proposal to make me your official SWR rival.

buenob

Smash Lord
I've been a fan of ocremix for ages... where else can i get spekkio's beach party, and an acid jazz end of time?

ps -- I can make it for this bi-weekly :)
pps -- cam - I'll msg you the url to the xml file tonight... i have to get home to upload it but it's done now... sorry :( also, I went to go club today, epic fun

ppps -- I'm about to start organizing my trip to niagara/toronto officially starting on tuesday, please msg me if you want to go too so we can co-ordinate (i know andrew is only making it to the toronto part)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I've been a fan of ocremix for ages... where else can i get spekkio's beach party, and an acid jazz end of time?

ps -- I can make it for this bi-weekly :)
pps -- cam - I'll msg you the url to the xml file tonight... i have to get home to upload it but it's done now... sorry :( also, I went to go club today, epic fun

ppps -- I'm about to start organizing my trip to niagara/toronto officially starting on tuesday, please msg me if you want to go too so we can co-ordinate (i know andrew is only making it to the toronto part)
Sounds good. Out of curiousity, were you going to write any parser code? I don't mind if you don't want to, I just want to know so I can coordinate when/who will write it if you don't want to.

I would have gone to the Go club, but I'm on call this week, meaning I'm housebound for the long weekend. On the upside, I've gotten a lot of work done on the Swiss program :) The pairing algorithm is looking pretty good right now, at the moment it handles all of the weird test cases I could think of as I expect it to. I'm going to work on results (ie: tiebreakers) tests next, then after that I think my part is done.

I'm undecided on going to Toronto. I'm not super-motivated to travel far for tourneys these days, not sure why. I might look into it if people can convince me :)

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I'm undecided on going to Toronto. I'm not super-motivated to travel far for tourneys these days, not sure why. I might look into it if people can convince me :)
Neither am I. But I'm going anyway, because quite honestly this is how I pretty much always feel before I go. And then after, the competition and spirit always makes me feel super pumped and motivated. Going to these tourneys breaths new life into the game for me, which is just what I need right now. Perhaps so do you? ;)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Message for Randy:

I played Chris, and easily won, and never lost. When I play you, it's hard and takes a lot of thought & effort, and you can beat me. As such, I officially accept your proposal to make me your official SWR rival.
Accepted

On topic: there is something going on in TO?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Message for Randy:

Sir, you I must inquire that your manners have greatly insulted me. I am led to believe that you were the Falco I dueled atop Fountain of Dreams. I must say that stage is, quite frankly, the worst possible stage for my character, Captain Falcon. Had we battled on a larger stage, I may very well have done much better! (johns) Correct me if I am wrong about my suspicions of you being this player.

You say it is a message for your fellow Randy, yet clearly you had the ill intention of befouling my reputation. You could have easily avoided my approach by privately sending him a message! Ah, but you are too late now for now I have read your comment on my playing ability. I will warn you now that I will be preparing myself for the next time that we meet. Until then, here is a picture of two prairie dogs (I do believe) preparing themselves for a duel to the death, for entertainment purposes and to serve as an accurate visual aid of how our next encounter will be.

And now, I bid you adieu.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman

Sir, You I Must Inquire That Your Manners Have Greatly Insulted Me. I Am Led To Believe That You Were The Falco I Dueled Atop Fountain Of Dreams. I Must Say That Stage Is, Quite Frankly, The Worst Possible Stage For My Character, Captain Falcon. Had We Battled On A Larger Stage, I May Very Well Have Done Much Better! (johns) Correct Me If I Am Wrong About My Suspicions Of You Being This Player.

You Say It Is A Message For Your Fellow Randy, Yet Clearly You Had The Ill Intention Of Befouling My Reputation. You Could Have Easily Avoided My Approach By Privately Sending Him A Message! Ah, But You Are Too Late Now For Now I Have Read Your Comment On My Playing Ability. I Will Warn You Now That I Will Be Preparing Myself For The Next Time That We Meet. Until Then, Here Is A Picture Of Two Prairie Dogs (i Do Believe) Preparing Themselves For A Duel To The Death, For Entertainment Purposes And To Serve As An Accurate Visual Aid Of How Our Next Encounter Will Be.

And Now, I Bid You Adieu.
L M A O

arsenic41

Smash Ace

Sir, you I must inquire that your manners have greatly insulted me. I am led to believe that you were the Falco I dueled atop Fountain of Dreams. I must say that stage is, quite frankly, the worst possible stage for my character, Captain Falcon. Had we battled on a larger stage, I may very well have done much better! (johns) Correct me if I am wrong about my suspicions of you being this player.

You say it is a message for your fellow Randy, yet clearly you had the ill intention of befouling my reputation. You could have easily avoided my approach by privately sending him a message! Ah, but you are too late now for now I have read your comment on my playing ability. I will warn you now that I will be preparing myself for the next time that we meet. Until then, here is a picture of two prairie dogs (I do believe) preparing themselves for a duel to the death, for entertainment purposes and to serve as an accurate visual aid of how our next encounter will be.

Chris has won my heart.

On-Topic: I don't know if you are actually offended or not, but this is the best post I have ever seen. And to clarify, he was talking about our SWR buddy "SWR Chris".

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman

lol, here's hoping this is a hilarious joke :)

I think the falco you played on FoD was cbone, not remilia scarlet (I think he was the roy player that spammed side b in doubles matches? :p). And yeah, falco v falcon is a terrible matchup (but fod i hear is bad for falco as well? sh lasers messed up by platforms or something, idk; i suck hard vs falcos).

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I wasn't offended at all, t'was all in good jest. I didn't even realise he didn't mean me though (rofl). Sorry for causing any confusion. At least it doesn't detract from the humour. Actually now that I think about it, there is more humour for those who are already aware he is not speaking of me. I apologise for going off topic however, not that any of you are nit-picky about it.

At BananaTrooper: The platforms do get in the way of both Falcon (shuffling aerials) and Falco (lasers at least I believe so). But ya, Falco is a real pain to fight. I find it easier on bigger stages so you can run around more. If they try to laser you, you can at least power shield more easily I find on more open areas. Probably because you have more time to react when there is a bigger length between you and Falco. Then again, I still need to work on power shielding.

Also I find Falco is one of those characters in games that are more difficult the less experienced you are fighting them and the less experienced you are playing generally. Not saying you are inexperienced, however I find this for myself.

Top Bottom