• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hopefully you guys run another OBScene, I'll be there for sure!

I better see some Ottawa rep at It's a Trap <33333

buenob

Smash Lord
wtf is it's a trap?

ps. this is too epic, i think harold will like it too http://risdsnes.blogspot.com/ (just the first vid specfically)

edt: how early is early? i will show up whenever i can... looking forward to learning how to control remilia (I tried to make an abuse joke about me and andrew, but it failed, sorry)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
So what does ottawa think of Brawl+?
It was really fun. I liked it.

Also, link me to the shiek infi thing.
nvm, found it. Here is my fave part:
[quote ]Luigi CANNOT be infited due to his low ground traction.[/quote]

w/e it's validity is being put into serious question. Let's face it: Sakurai prevented comboing.

Also, since doubles is first I'll be showing up at 8-8:30 for singles only. I mention this only because I can bring a wii at that time.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just thought I'd let everyone know that myself, HiDef and Knuckles will be at the bi-weekly tonight. I assume double elim, is this correct? If swiss, I'm down too :)

On a separate note, I personally think that brawl+ was fairly epic. I mean, Metaknight is just gg god mode now, but with some nerfs I'm sure they can figure out a way to make him less godly. The hitstun is nice, for sure. I wouldn't be opposed if it ever made it's way to becoming the new brawl :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to apologize here to Yoonobi; he asked for my address via PM on Thursday, but I failed to log into SWF and missed it until today :( I feel bad that a new person wasn't able to come out due to my inattention. My sincere apologies.

Orlando: Sorry for not doing the MM today; up since 4:30am that day = tired johns. We can do it a future week; since I asked for it, I don't want to back down entirely :)

Cam, I too would like to challenge you to a Bo5 MM. Since we are even 3-3 against eachother, I see no better way settle our tie breaker, wha'd'ya say? That is, of course, if I am there on friday >.> (depends on work).
I also missed this until it was too late :( If you're wondering why I didn't say anything about the MM challenge, this is why. I'm willing to do this next time if you want, though I suppose since we got to play each other in the tournament anyway, we did settle it for now. I'm sure you will be back to even the score next time :)

I won't be showing up since I'm broke. I mean, I'm sure I'll come in first and all but I just don't have the entry fee. I mean, I DO have it but it'll be used for... Spectacular Sunday Swimming (tm) at the Nepean Sportsplex. Anyone care to join?
If it doesn't conflict with Go club I can show up. What time of the day is this happening?

there's going to be another obscene for sure, and it'll be before retlaf heads across the world never to be seen
without a hot japanese girl
again...

it'll probably be swiss so you guys are warned lol...

also, it's that there's a get-together at zaks restaurant downtown at 9:30 involving a bunch of friends I don't see too often, and my presence was requested... so it's more if doubles ends in time for me to make it there, i'll go, and if not, i'll stay...

it also depends if she can come and pick me up or not lol
Hmm, interesting. We talked about this a bit earlier; originally it was just going to be a side event. Do you think you are going to have the main event be Swiss now?

The program you guys are writing, it can be used for a large tourny like obscene? If so, that is amazing.

Also, tursnm out I am leaving saturday=I can go tomorrow. MMs are back on!
Yeah, it should be able to handle a large number of people.

By the way guys, I'm taking a course in Java now, and will know the language fluently by then end of June. If you guys want any help on projects like this, I'd be willing to lend a hand.
Sounds good! I'm expecting to have something workable within a couple of weeks, but if we end up needing more help I'll let you know :)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
GGs you guys! I am now able to afford a haircut so that is 1 more week I can go without looking for a job =P

Also, I lost both my money matches to Orlando and Randy. Pretty clean losses too. I will now john that I was sleepy, though I'm pretty sure we all were at the end >_>

tect

Smash Journeyman
GUESS WHAT
so, buenob, i have posted here before but maybe my name got lost in the sea of BRAWL but i actually work at bridgehead with your roommate Daron, and we just had a chat about smash and it was a fun time. that was literally one minute ago, i'm at the wellington store on break, but yeah, she said that you would be very excited to have a new person to play, and i'd certainly love to finally show up to one of these smashfests and give it a shot!!

for the record: i'm a melee player but i am at least competent at brawl (haha) but i don't play very often but that should be ok ^_^

buenob

Smash Lord
haha awesome! I am very excited :) i guess you know my number already, you should come by and we should play when we both have the day off work sometime... also, if you want we can meet up at bridgehead/tunneys/westborro and head to a smashfest/bi-weekly, so you can have an easier time finding the place (it's really awkward, but easy lol)

ps. random note - I just made a concrete driveway 0_o

oh yeah, and there's still a lot of melee going on, I'm even getting back into it

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Outsider opinion: I really think Ariel needs to be moved up on the tier list.
Yeah, I always remembered him being better than the tier list showed. Thought I was alone in that thought, lol.
Aww thanks you guys! The tierlist is outdated though and Randy isn't really updating it. I foresee myself not doing as well in future biweeklies since I'm probably going to be going Luigi more often now that I can do a few tricks with him.

tect

Smash Journeyman
sounds great, i'll be sure to follow up! i have been to cameron's house numerous times before, i even managed to find it pretty toasted one time with jarc <3

remember that time we played the drinking game, cam? we should definitely do that again... this time i will make sure i don't work the next morning!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Outsider opinion: I really think Ariel needs to be moved up on the tier list.
I already said as much last week, but he's even gotten 1st again this week, so that's 4 weeks in a row of being top 3 :) Ariel = definitely top tier.

sounds great, i'll be sure to follow up! i have been to cameron's house numerous times before, i even managed to find it pretty toasted one time with jarc <3

remember that time we played the drinking game, cam? we should definitely do that again... this time i will make sure i don't work the next morning!
That was fun...some people think they play better when drunk, but I know I don't fall in that category from that experience :) I remember trying really hard to focus on Sheik, and getting Falcon Knee'd "out of nowhere" :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Results from last biweekly:

Doubles (someone please confirm 4th+5th)

1: KingAce (Remilia + Buenob)
2: Team OMG5Kills!!!! (Arsenic + Fogel)
3: SuperHappyFunTimeXDXDXDXDXD (HiDef + rc-80)
4: BananaGumbo (Haze + Knuckles?)
5: Team Puff n Fluff (Jiggernaut + Linkshot?)

Singles

1: CvO
2: Arsenic
3: Orlando
4: HiDef
5: Remilia Scarlet
5: Jiggernaut
7: Knuckles
7: Fogel
9: Linkshot
9: Haze

Would it be possible to hold another biweekly this week? I'm gonna come up to Ottawa for the weekend.
I'm ok with that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Having a bi-weekly this week if people are okay with it would be cool, especially since with Mike coming to Ottawa for the weekend, there's a likely chance that I could convince one of my folks to it, too. Plus, I have something I've been itching to try out. Woo for Mike coming back though. :)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
WOOOOOOO!!!! Mike is back(for a weekend)! An exception can surely be made for him for biweeklies, yes? I wasn't at the goodbye smashfest so I never got to properly say goodbye.

Sign me up! Is singles first or second?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
While I've officially taken a bit of a break from Brawl, I'd sign up for a special PNDMike bi-weekly. I missed the last time that Niko was here so I'd like to sort of make up for that. I hear that PNDMike prefers All-Brawl so I think we should go with that. :p

arsenic41

Smash Ace

And now for something completely different

Is the bi-weekly going to be swiss or double elimination?

PND

Smash Champion
Possible dilemma:

Okay, so I'm definintely coming to Ottawa this weekend. . . and probably crashing with Riley / Bryant (surprise?)

However, Riley has informed me that this Friday is a party, and I don't have a choice in the matter, I have to attend.

Either: A) Is it possible to hold this on Saturday or Sunday?

or

B) Can you guys bombard Rileys cell phone, inbox, and MSN with violent threats?

Either of those options seem like they could work.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Possible dilemma:

Okay, so I'm definintely coming to Ottawa this weekend. . . and probably crashing with Riley / Bryant (surprise?)

However, Riley has informed me that this Friday is a party, and I don't have a choice in the matter, I have to attend.

Either: A) Is it possible to hold this on Saturday or Sunday?

or

B) Can you guys bombard Rileys cell phone, inbox, and MSN with violent threats?

Either of those options seem like they could work.
Saturday is doable, Sunday isn't going to happen since I have other stuff to do that day.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm actually a bit worried about this party, to be honest.

Even simply by being around weed, my application could get delayed by ~1 year to 2 years, even if I'm not the one smoking it. I mean, I never smoked weed in my life and now that I'm "in the process" I have to avoid it all at costs.

I was in my previous mindset of "Whoo! Party!", but now that I'm in the application process I have to start looking at things from a career perspective.

. . . and I think that confirms it. I'm officially "old".

Is the bi-weekly going to be swiss or double elimination?
An "epicly long" tourney. We do a full swiss bracket. That determines your seeding for the dbl elim bracket. Winners of that then run/swim/bike a triathlon, while doing a best of 71 RPS game.

My money's on Orlando.
or me

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Bah! None of you consider me "old" and I'm a person that will nag/***** at people for drinking and smoking, at any age.

With that, I fully support PNDMike acting as a legal authority wherever he goes.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Y'know, if being around people who smoke weed really is going to delay your application by that much then, and this is just me here, but I don't think Riley would go hating on you if you said "dude, I can't go". But if it's Saturday, it works too so...*shrugs*. I mean, my opinion's that nobody's probably going to mind but, could be wrong.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Second hand marijuana smoke can only make you test positive if you inhailed a massive amount of it (as in you were in a hotboxed car amount) and can generally only be detected within 24 hours. Standing beside someone who is smoking a joint will not leave traces of THC in your system. Also im pretty sure the party in question will be more drinking than smoking.

Brosak when are you arriving? I have a rather comfortable futon that you are welcome to for the duration of your visit.

PND

Smash Champion
It's not the second hand aspect, I have to take a polygraph test. (Lie detector) It's not a matter of THC being in my system that I'm worried about.

And the futon sounds awesome. I'm planning on coming Friday morning, leaving Monday morning. So I may need to hitch a ride back to the city to catch my bus, or stay in the city Sunday night, or something.

buenob

Smash Lord
mike, my couch is always available... i just bought my tickets to niagara, and I'll be getting in tuesday night around midnight... i will talk to you this weekend about it...

i work friday night, so can't make the bi-weekly, but i open saturday and have work at 10:30 on sunday so i have saturday afternoon/evening/night free... if the smashfest were to be held then, I would 100% be in... and also if not, i'd be down for hanging out...

10votes for saturday...

Top Bottom