• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Fogel

Smash Lord
Neither am I. But I'm going anyway, because quite honestly this is how I pretty much always feel before I go. And then after, the competition and spirit always makes me feel super pumped and motivated. Going to these tourneys breaths new life into the game for me, which is just what I need right now. Perhaps so do you? ;)
You could be right. I'll look into it :)

<epic post>
Wow, good job sir, I am impressed.

lol, here's hoping this is a hilarious joke :)

I think the falco you played on FoD was cbone, not remilia scarlet (I think he was the roy player that spammed side b in doubles matches? :p). And yeah, falco v falcon is a terrible matchup (but fod i hear is bad for falco as well? sh lasers messed up by platforms or something, idk; i suck hard vs falcos).
IMO it's not that great for Falco, but it's even worse for Falcon. On the short platforms, Falco can at least do rapid-fire d-airs through the platforms. Falcon doesn't really have a trick like that.

Aha, I see how that could have easily misled you! Sorry about that! Your post is incredible though. I was actually the #1 teams partner jiggs that puts mango to shame.

Also, if you were wondering, this is SWR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFrHtWk2ec&feature=channel

You should definitely consider joining our SWR crew :3
I wanted to try it out on Friday but I think I got paged or something while you were playing :( Bring it next time and show me how to play!

buenob

Smash Lord
im' jumping the gun and signing up for the bi-weekly :) I'll run it if I have to lol

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up.

Also, I'll try not to Moses-gimp the money again.

EDIT: I'm kinda of scared that Yoonobi is going to come in and pull a Moses.

I just realized that Moses has a bunch of stuff named after him. I never realized how remarkable and imporant he is to the Ottawa smash community before. I feel pretty guilty now =*(

Yoonobi

Smash Rookie
Sign me up, I'll be there for the singles tournament. Fogel told me you guys do the doubles first which is perfect, I get off at work at 7. See you guys then!

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I shall be attending as well.

Randy, can you bring the SWR again? (<3 cam... you should play with ben)

Ill bring my ps2 controllers.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah im' terrible at swr right now, though after playing so much sf4 on a pad I think I'll be a little better... not much though... swr is fun for sure though, epic mind games with just a bit of tech skill... I'll be biking but could bring a wii+brawl if needed

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Moses Mindgame: Walking past your opponent a few times to confuse them. No running involved.
Pulling a Moses: 1) Paying your entire entry fee in change. 2) Leaving town without telling your parents and ending up placing high in the tourney.

I will be making it, if solely to show off my new lips. (and to trash all of you with Aura)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
At first I had no idea what you were talking about, but now I feel like I have to show up to atleast to give you your $5 and can of coke as promised ( I hope pepsi is ok :p).

I have some stuff to do in the evening but I may show up at 9/10, I hope this is ok since it looks like this will be a pretty packed bi-weekly. Probably wont be able to enter anything though.

Moses: Did you actually leave Ottawa without telling your parents that you would be gone for a day or two?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Moses Mindgame-Casually walking past the opponent.
Moses'd/Moses-gimp-Paying entry fee in as much change as possible
Pulling a Moses-Leave town without telling anyone so you can go play video games(makes youplace high in a tourney).

But you forgot the most important one Alan.

Moses'ing-Randomly posting you that you are new and want to play then when you arrive at a biweekly you trash everyone.

EDIT:
@Orlando-Since you'll be missing out on the biweekly, bring 2 dollars and we can have an exhibition match! Best of 5 of course.

btw you're gonna get owned

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I will bring 2 dollars and more in case other people are up for it, but ill be handing out the ownage this time around.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume we're doing double elim this week?

Also, can anyone volunteer to bring another TV for Melee upstairs if it's necessary? I have the second commodore monitor but it's of questionable quality lately and flickers nore than normal.

I will bring 2 dollars and more in case other people are up for it, but ill be handing out the ownage this time around.
If you're talking MMs, I may be up for this. Bo5? I haven't MMed anyone for a while...it will be interesting to see if you play any differently with money on the line.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Cam, I too would like to challenge you to a Bo5 MM. Since we are even 3-3 against eachother, I see no better way settle our tie breaker, wha'd'ya say? That is, of course, if I am there on friday >.> (depends on work).

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I won't be showing up since I'm broke. I mean, I'm sure I'll come in first and all but I just don't have the entry fee. I mean, I DO have it but it'll be used for... Spectacular Sunday Swimming (tm) at the Nepean Sportsplex. Anyone care to join?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I won't be showing up since I'm broke. I mean, I'm sure I'll come in first and all but I just don't have the entry fee. I mean, I DO have it but it'll be used for... Spectacular Sunday Swimming (tm) at the Nepean Sportsplex. Anyone care to join?
If entry is your problem, I can spot you(singles only) with the winnings I earn from Orlando.

Also! Randy, 2$ MM Bo5? There of course is also your manliness on the line here.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
Randy, SWR Bo5 2$ MM?

I'd like to know how I (and you) play with srz bzns.

Harold: What's the student price at the sportsplex?

buenob

Smash Lord
i might not be able to stay for singles... if doubles ends early enough i'll head out, if not i missed my ride and I'll take your money :)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
If you're talking MMs, I may be up for this. Bo5? I haven't MMed anyone for a while...it will be interesting to see if you play any differently with money on the line.
Sure no problem.

If entry is your problem, I can spot you(singles only) with the winnings I earn from Orlando.
The only thing youll get from me is sympathy.

P.S. Im still not sure if I can make it at all but ill try my bestest.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Oh no...! It seems like I will actually be unable to go to the biweekly. Turns out I had plans like a month ago to go see my sister this weekend so uhh... yeah...

My challenges can carry over until next week... >_>

EDIT: Oh no! This also means I will be missing Yoonobi's debut =*(

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
HmmMmmMm! Lots of money matches, it looks like there is!

I'm willing to jump into the money matches myself, as I will be attending (So sign me up), though I will decide who they are with later. But for starters, I challenge anyone who plays marth (so anyone) to a Jiggs vs Marth MM. I'd be at a pretty bad matchup disadvantage, but I'm still willing to try. (Hehehe... ;))

Edit: Oh, and is there going to be another OBscene?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
HmmMmmMm! Lots of money matches, it looks like there is!

I'm willing to jump into the money matches myself, as I will be attending (So sign me up), though I will decide who they are with later. But for starters, I challenge anyone who plays marth (so anyone) to a Jiggs vs Marth MM. I'd be at a pretty bad matchup disadvantage, but I'm still willing to try. (Hehehe... ;))

Edit: Oh, and is there going to be another OBscene?
I dont suppose this offer carries over to melee?
:)

buenob

Smash Lord
there's going to be another obscene for sure, and it'll be before retlaf heads across the world never to be seen
without a hot japanese girl
again...

it'll probably be swiss so you guys are warned lol...

also, it's that there's a get-together at zaks restaurant downtown at 9:30 involving a bunch of friends I don't see too often, and my presence was requested... so it's more if doubles ends in time for me to make it there, i'll go, and if not, i'll stay...

it also depends if she can come and pick me up or not lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Swiss OBScene? That'll be something. It shan't be the same without Infzy there to upload matches though. But good to know there'll be another one.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
The program you guys are writing, it can be used for a large tourny like obscene? If so, that is amazing.

Also, tursnm out I am leaving saturday=I can go tomorrow. MMs are back on!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I dont suppose this offer carries over to melee?
:)
Lol, no. Sorry though. My Skills at melee are nowhere near what they were before brawl (not that they were that great to begin with) and I would probably only embarrass myself by tripping (lol) over the physics.

there's going to be another obscene for sure, and it'll be before retlaf heads across the world never to be seen
without a hot japanese girl
again...

it'll probably be swiss so you guys are warned lol...

also, it's that there's a get-together at zaks restaurant downtown at 9:30 involving a bunch of friends I don't see too often, and my presence was requested... so it's more if doubles ends in time for me to make it there, i'll go, and if not, i'll stay...

it also depends if she can come and pick me up or not lol
Awesome! Glad to hear it. Swiss eh? Sounds revolutionary. I'd be more than willing to join in.

The program you guys are writing, it can be used for a large tourny like obscene? If so, that is amazing.

Also, tursnm out I am leaving saturday=I can go tomorrow. MMs are back on!

Actually, once you have the basic code down, it's not that hard to apply it to a large number of people. Or so my experience in programming says. As far as the program ‘handling’ it, that sort of thing is only a problem if there isn’t a lot of memory available, and in this day and age it isn’t a problem unless the program is humongous.

By the way guys, I'm taking a course in Java now, and will know the language fluently by then end of June. If you guys want any help on projects like this, I'd be willing to lend a hand.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I am willing to get some Melee in between matches. I am confident with my Mewtwo (and sort of G&W and Samus).

Important Note: I do not have power cables at the moment. If somebody has a Wii they can't bring (for whatever reason), I would be forever appreciative if you brought the power cables, instead.

buenob

Smash Lord
yo alan, i'll bring power cables you can borrow, since I have 2 wii's and i'm never using both at the same time... just buy the new ones within a month and give me back my old ones and it's all good

ps. i'm 100% confirmed in for doubles and out for singles... getting picked up :) though I really hope doubles will be done before 9... lol

Top Bottom