• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSI Presents: Charity Gaming III

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yea youngstown is near cleveland, but idk how many people there were actually from cleveland though. I know of maybe... 4 decent cleveland melee players.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH USA
Well, we were approached quite often during our first tournament about holding a smash 64 tournament as a co-main event, especially by a lot of Ohio State students, rather than smashboards people. I would assume that most smashboards people viewing this thread would not want to enter a 64 tournament as their main game, in lieu of melee or brawl.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder, we will be accepting set ups to waive venue fees for our event. A full set up is considered a gaming console, the game disc, and all relevant save data. We will only waive your venue fee if we end up using your set up so be sure to arrive and get registered early.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Just a reminder, we will be accepting set ups to waive venue fees for our event. A full set up is considered a gaming console, the game disc, and all relevant save data. We will only waive your venue fee if we end up using your set up so be sure to arrive and get registered early.
For those bringing a Melee setup, the "all relevant save data" requirement should be dropped.

So long as there is at least one GC memory card with the relevant save data, you can...
(1) If they bring a memory card, just one without the proper data, just copy the data from someone else's memory card. It takes maybe two minutes to do.
(2) If they don't bring a memory card, anyone else's memory card with the relevant data will suffice: Leave it in any GC/Wii as Melee starts the game, load the data off it, then remove it. The game can be played fine without a memory card, and will retain the unlocked levels/characters/settings/etc so long as it isn't shut off. If it is shut off it can just be loaded again.

I'm not bringing a setup either way, but I figure those who do but forget their memory card should still get the relevant fees waved.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Also, is anyone going to be bringing a recording set up? For either brawl or melee? The person who used to have it for our group is not going to be there so we have no recording device as of right now. We may try to muster something last minute but we have larger priorities right now.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I may bring a set up, but i may not. not really sure if i'll be there early or not.

as for recording stuff, you guys should definitely get something.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who came out to both the brawl and melee smashfests tonight. It was great getting to meet all of you- be sure to spread the word across campus and beyond about our tournaments and don't forget to hang up our tournament fliers around campus!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
First I have to get through some school-related business. When I get done I'll probably be too late to sign up, but I will still try to get to that Grand Hall.

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
glad u enjoyed the fest spark.

ya I'll play 64 friendlies for sure, that's fun stuff. my loyalty lies with the melee tournament though

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Im so excited for this!!! So tired of matches that consist of... "Wait... how do you jump again?" haha. Watch out Melee players, you're about to catch the Xykness.

Top Bottom