• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSI Presents: Charity Gaming III

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Ray, I was wondering if you could adjust the rules a little. I was reading the old ruleset and I realized there were no rules against stalling and wobbling. are you going to change that at all?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
agreed. there definitely be rules against stalling and wobbling. wobbling is gehy.

also, nice avatar ralis, it made me chuckle.

SDM

Smash Cadet
We'll definitely have rules about stalling. I'm not too sure about wobbling, mainly because most other tourneys don't ban them. I guess we can make it bannable only when requested.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Actually, a large majority of tourneys ban wobbling.

Nationals with wobbling banned: Genesis 1, Pound 4, Pound 5, Rom 1, Rom 2, Rom 3, SMYM12, DGDTJ

Nationals with wobbling allowed: Apex 2010, Genesis 2

Ray T

Smash Cadet
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH USA
Rules concerning wobbling and stalling will be added before the tournament; our pool captains will also be informed and prepared to recognize and deal with this kind of behavior. Since there will be quite a few Ohio State University casual players, we will probably ban wobbling.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
u guys act as if there are acutally gonna be people there wobblin each other and playing ice climbers in general

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I have a full Melee setup (Gamecube, Memory Card, and Super Smash Bros. Melee) that I can bring. Would you like me to bring it to this tourney?
Supah hypeeee! Looking forward to meeting you all.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
what stage are you missing? What they will probably do is copy somebody's melee data on to your memory card. If you don't have all of the melee original stages it won't allow you to customize the random stage select thing (which is needed) and 3 of the 5 old stages (FD, BF, Dreamland) are legal... so unless is KJ64 or Yoshi's Island they will just delete your save and replace it with a complete one. you should probably get KJ64 anyways... because thats legal in a lot of tourneys. If you're having trouble doing the 15 minute thing, use DK and just spam downB for 15 minutes, or do the masterhand glitch.

and yea, looking forward to playing with you melee guys again ^^
not that many good players over in cleveland, so yea.

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Hmm, we're not sure. If you live on Ohio State's campus or near it, try to make it out to the brawl smashfests we host and be sure to join the Community Boosters to get to know some fellow players- these will be the most familiar players that you will know at our tournaments. As for Ohio State student casual players, I'd personally estimate it at 20 some students per tourney, although we've had more and less before.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hael, there is a chance that some MI people come. Maybe we can grab some more Cincy people. Dunno about NEOH. I'll be in their ears.

Greenup may be coming as well, which is always awesome. Y.b.M and Infern were there last time.

:phone:

Ray T

Smash Cadet
@Drillbit

That's true, I'm surprised there are far fewer potential brawl attendees posting in this thread, especially since there's a melee tournament the same day close by, but not a brawl tournament that day. I would've assumed there would be more brawl players wanting to come out to a tourney, whether for tourney experience or a good time (or APEX practice).

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Though we are getting some people to come though. Mr. Eric and Greenup could convince some more KYers to come up. We've obviously have the Cbus for both. Juu is getting to NEOH. Clowsui could get some of Cincy to go too. But I guess we won't know until then.

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I tried to get some melee hype for this tourney in cleveland... but we don't really have a competitive scene at all... just some n00by players and a bunch of terrible brawl scrubs who know next to nothing about smash at all... I sometimes go to the library where they hang out and watch them throw pokeballz at each other on their laggy LCD.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Hael, there is a chance that some MI people come. Maybe we can grab some more Cincy people. Dunno about NEOH. I'll be in their ears.

Greenup may be coming as well, which is always awesome. Y.b.M and Infern were there last time.
How are we managing that with The Big House happening the same day IN Michigan? :O

EDIT: Aesir, I just got back last week or so from a tournament in Youngstown which isn't super far from Cleveland if I remember correctly. Maybe there's some talent there that might not be going to the Big House and could come to this? I know there were plenty of good people at the tourney I was at...

SDM

Smash Cadet
Anyone think that they can wake up early in the morning to help move the set ups? We'd appreciate any help we can get. Send me a PM or reply in this thread if you want more information.

Top Bottom