• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Flayl

Smash Hero
If I had the patience to make walls of text and deal with posts as annoying as BPC's I would help out in that thread. But I don't.

:244:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
couple of facts:

kasper is the best falco in europe. not to offense Gregs but him being the highest placing falco at bbi doesn't mean anything.

joan is better than me, he was bad vs mk but he improved and although I can beat him and grew I lose vs other people way too much to be above him.

I'll get good again though D:

I want Alex to go to an international, although he should use more lucario vs some match-ups his mk is not good at. Whichever char he plays I'm sure he will surprise everyone. He beat me, rydle, bardo and nexo with ease at nst4. ( Although I'm working in another character to fight him, falco vs his mk is horrible T_T)

Yikarur

Smash Master
huh why is our stage list the most liberal one? probably CiB, that's a year ago
we now play with on small events with FDSVBF as starters, but mainly 5 Starter System, MSN will have a 7 Starter System, counterpicks are Delfino, halberd, CS, Orpheon and Brinstar with the other standard 6 + PS2 as starter.

Yikarur

Smash Master
well Ps2 as starter never happened before, me and Semifer just agree on this, could be interesting :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see what's wrong with PS2. It's neither more nor less gimmicky than PS1, which is used as a starter stage too. It's not particularly "liberal" - it's just not as commonly used. I also don't think that more starters equals more liberal unless it's a really questionable stage [which I don't consider PS2 to be].

:059:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
If I had the patience to make walls of text and deal with posts as annoying as BPC's I would help out in that thread. But I don't.

:244:
this is my general mindset. sometimes i just drop 1-3 sentences though :awesome:
couple of facts:

kasper is the best falco in europe. not to offense Gregs but him being the highest placing falco at bbi doesn't mean anything.

joan is better than me, he was bad vs mk but he improved and although I can beat him and grew I lose vs other people way too much to be above him.

I'll get good again though D:

I want Alex to go to an international, although he should use more lucario vs some match-ups his mk is not good at. Whichever char he plays I'm sure he will surprise everyone. He beat me, rydle, bardo and nexo with ease at nst4. ( Although I'm working in another character to fight him, falco vs his mk is horrible T_T)
whos alex?

i<3lucarios :D
How are electric/ice/wind stages NOT gimmicky?

They're playable, but if those aren't gimmicky I have no idea what is.
this

edit: no they are MUCH more gimmicky than ps1. ps1 gives you like. some platforms and maybe some walls which means you have to camp. oh no lol, pretty basic starter stage mechanics other than the walls

ps2 is like. ice sliding wario fsmash ****, and flying warios on the wind part, or let me not get to how safe laggy moves are at the electric part since you can just grab the ledge right after them.

im not saying its unplayable but in terms of how dmb the stage is its siginificantly worse than every other cp on the EU stagelist minus potentially brinstar

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Depends entirely on how you define "dumb".

There is no transformation where the stage itself can damage you or threatens to kill you like Rainbow Cruise does. It obviously requires adaption - like all CP stages do - but the direct consequences aren't drastic. A CG against a wall or a walk-off by DDD on Delphino is a lot more drastic than being unable to punish Wario's fsmash.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
What Orion said.

's useful to have ******* spelling out what's on your mind

Also, I consider destroying the concept of ledgeguarding and ground approaches as drastic.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ps2 as a counter i could agree with, but as a STARTER?? UK are against this stage even being legal, hence why we never use it.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Finding a stage to be illegal is not necessarily a moot reason to not include it on your stagelist, but noting the latter is kind of begging the question.

LOLZ I'M TOTALLY BEING ANNOYING RIGHT NOW

It's coffee.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I SERIOUSLY HATE PS2 HOW CAN THAT BE A STARTER. If that will ever be a starter here, I demand having at least Pictochat as a starter as well.

:052:

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
whats the point on having so much stage legal when the last tournaments in france had almost all games on smashville (its like the MK of stages this one)?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im seriously debating not going to the tournament if it has picto legal, im just being honest. not worth the frustration

either that or anyone other than like ramin if i win game 1, ill just forfeit game 2 and scrooge the **** out of you on some gay stage lol

Orion*

Smash Researcher
**** it im not entering if picto is legal. ill Maybe do teams with someone

im not financially bound to this game or anything so, LOL at anyone thinking i care enough to enter.

happiness > brawl with bull****

picto for worst stage

Mr-R

Smash Champion
im banning brinstar and striking ps2 then

also pictochat SUCKS LOL
its hella funny watching high lvl play on that stage, cause u can see how they get ***** by all those gimmicks hahaha

Mr-R

Smash Champion
there's a difference between gimmicks u have control over and RANDOM *** GIMMICKS THAT ***** UP EVERYTHING

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No worries Orion, Picto will never be legal at an EU tourney unless like BPC is the host XD

I mean, that stage can literally kill you at 0% and there's nothing you can do about it. How is that even considered? If PS2 as starter bugs you you can just strike it. It's certainly better suited for competitive play than Brinstar.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Lolwut, stage never kills you at 0%. If you ever die to the stage at any percentage lower than 100, you just should kill yourself IRL. Stop spouting fallacies when trying to prove a stage bannable, it's one of the few things that really annoys the **** out of me.

****ing fallacies.

Yikarur

Smash Master
you edge guard on picto, you want to recover, that stupid line appears that makes hanging on the left ledge impossible, you die if you're not superman.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
No worries Orion, Picto will never be legal at an EU tourney unless like BPC is the host XD

I mean, that stage can literally kill you at 0% and there's nothing you can do about it. How is that even considered? If PS2 as starter bugs you you can just strike it. It's certainly better suited for competitive play than Brinstar.

actually even bpc was convinced that stage was awful :awesome:

Olaf says:
still, ´s a bit of an argument from authority
oh well, you can discuss the stage endlessly
´s your call about not going i guess
just saying that the tournament really wont differ all that much cause no one uses the stage
i remember at BIA when RC was legal
no one used it
not even jumpman
Orion says:
so if slaverys legal, even though nobody has slaves its cool?
yes
i just compared pictochat with slavery

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

edit: olaf who where you playing all afternoon? >.> as much as i love you guys, eu doesnt abuse stages to much, at least in NL idk about you other guys. unless you count ramin being just obnoxious and platform cancelling everything XDDD

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I was playing Grizzer to practice the stage for BIP2.

On that matter, to those who try to form an opinion on the stage without having extensively practiced on it: stfu.

Top Bottom