• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Brawl Code Thead (CLOSED!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
no, that put pika's skeleton on ganondorf

the value you put in is the character who replaces the other

so...

Longchu
077DCFF8 00000008
30CA8FF4 0038B5A0
(Ganondorf as value)

Revven

FrankerZ
no, that put pika's skeleton on ganondorf

the value you put in is the character who replaces the other

so...

Longchu
077DCFF8 00000008
30CA8FF4 0038B5A0
(Ganondorf as value)
Yep, that would be correct.

By the way, the best way to test these is in training, MLX (MASTERLINKX) told me that some entrances cause freezing if you go into normal vs.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Venasaur [James0x57]
077DD304 00000008
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Hacked by Y.S. for NTSC-JP, ported by James0x57 to NTSC-US
Thanks for the codes (Falcon Pawnching Jigglypuff for the win), but um...Venusaur is spelled with a 'u' after the 'n'.
And, don't you mean Ivysaur?

Awesome codes though, I seriously can't wait to Falcon Pawnch someone as Jiggs.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Yep, that would be correct.

By the way, the best way to test these is in training, MLX (MASTERLINKX) told me that some entrances cause freezing if you go into normal vs.
which is annoying when you want to take pictures of the creations... carefully planned action moification seems like the way to go, as many standard moves don't cause freezes.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Replaces Entrances with Standing Animation
4A000000 8077F908
D2000000 00000003
2C1e010E 40820008
3BC00000 60000000
93DD0038 00000000
helps load moveswapped characters in standard brawl.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
anyone know how to double swap (put two movesets onto one person)? the stream had link and samus on captain falcon.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Replaces Entrances with Standing Animation
4A000000 8077F908
D2000000 00000003
2C1e010E 40820008
3BC00000 60000000
93DD0038 00000000
helps load moveswapped characters in standard brawl.
I can finally take pics of Sheik on Snake.

His up Smash is the coolest. Does Sheik's up-smash animation but it fires a mortar. Looks like magic. B moves freeze though.

KishSquared

Smash Master
seems like one of the easier hacks, though it probably would mess the game up alot, if it wasn't programmed to hold more than 3 minutes of fighting in recording, or replaying, which could mess it up once you replay it without the code on.
My guess is that the 3 minute restriction would just be for giving the option to save. Programming the game to only be able to handle 3 minute replays would be redundantly placing the restriction. I'd imagine that a replay longer than 3 minutes would run fine, if it were possible to create one.

Any idea if this has been attempted, or would this be easy to find??

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
My guess is that the 3 minute restriction would just be for giving the option to save. Programming the game to only be able to handle 3 minute replays would be redundantly placing the restriction. I'd imagine that a replay longer than 3 minutes would run fine, if it were possible to create one.

Any idea if this has been attempted, or would this be easy to find??
I'm pretty sure Lee Harris is working on a code for that.

Matteh

Smash Rookie
Hi there!

First time poster, long time reader.

Firstly, thnx for all the effort you are putting in to show the codes to everyone! (Y)

Ok, I have tried the moveset swapper codes, but they always seem to freeze for no apparent reason. Are they still in experimental stages?

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Hi there!

First time poster, long time reader.

Firstly, thnx for all the effort you are putting in to show the codes to everyone! (Y)

Ok, I have tried the moveset swapper codes, but they always seem to freeze for no apparent reason. Are they still in experimental stages?
they only freeze one certain move they can't do like up Bs or some taunts... and probably some other moves... i think...

lol captain olimar and captain falcon : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il8dBUiDXaY

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I found this on USBGecko forums, but in the ocarina section. =D

Moveset swapping is good for the looks,but when you want to play with an move swapped character...expect your game to freeze up at some point.Off course,there are some characters at NEVER freeze,but they lock themselves in their default "T" pose and are unable to move.

Also,liero116 at GhostNeo said this:
"See the way this works is that when replacing move sets, the characters MotionEtc (animations and other junk file) can only be replaced by others of equal or less file size. For instance, Dedede has the largest MotionEtc file size, so he can use anyone’s moves. ROB, on the other hand, has one of the smallest file sizes and the only two he can imitate are Pokemon Trainer (guaranteed instant freeze) and Giga Bowser (highly likely to freeze)."

Also,if you change the moveset of say,Ness,just trying to spawn his Yoyos will cause an freeze.Best to do is play while the TV is muted,so you don't have too much problem with the "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" freezing noise.

See,here is also an list I made.This list goes from lowest filesize to biggest filesize (from up to down):

Pokemon Trainer -lowest filesize-
ROB
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Link
Ivysaur
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Ike
Charizard
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Sheik
Falco
Marth
Meta Knight
Mario
Squirtle
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Lucario
Lucas
Pit
Ness
Fox
Toon Link
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Sonic
Zelda
Snake
Wario
Peach
Dedede -biggest filesize-

Example: Link can only swap moveset with whoever is over him,because they are of an lowest filesize.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well that's not EXACTLY true, it just means that the chracters with a higher filesize are more likely going to freeze the game than some of the ones above. but there are moves that lower file that can freeze the game when put on people, like zero suit snake, for good reason...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I've got nearly everyone to work with mario, at least to load his moveset.

it froze when both ice climbers had his moveset

it did not put the moveset on samus, zamus, bowser, kirby, zelda, sheik, and pokemon trainer's pokemon. they all kept their original movesets.

this pattern could continue with other movesets.

all of luigi's moves work with mario's moveset

peach freezes the game only with up-b and up-taunt

i didn't extensively test anyone else.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I found this on USBGecko forums, but in the ocarina section. =D

Moveset swapping is good for the looks,but when you want to play with an move swapped character...expect your game to freeze up at some point.Off course,there are some characters at NEVER freeze,but they lock themselves in their default "T" pose and are unable to move.

Also,liero116 at GhostNeo said this:
"See the way this works is that when replacing move sets, the characters MotionEtc (animations and other junk file) can only be replaced by others of equal or less file size. For instance, Dedede has the largest MotionEtc file size, so he can use anyone’s moves. ROB, on the other hand, has one of the smallest file sizes and the only two he can imitate are Pokemon Trainer (guaranteed instant freeze) and Giga Bowser (highly likely to freeze)."

Also,if you change the moveset of say,Ness,just trying to spawn his Yoyos will cause an freeze.Best to do is play while the TV is muted,so you don't have too much problem with the "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" freezing noise.

See,here is also an list I made.This list goes from lowest filesize to biggest filesize (from up to down):

Pokemon Trainer -lowest filesize-
ROB
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Link
Ivysaur
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Ike
Charizard
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Sheik
Falco
Marth
Meta Knight
Mario
Squirtle
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Lucario
Lucas
Pit
Ness
Fox
Toon Link
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Sonic
Zelda
Snake
Wario
Peach
Dedede -biggest filesize-

Example: Link can only swap moveset with whoever is over him,because they are of an lowest filesize.
so yeah, sorry to say this but, that theory is incorrect as the game only freezes to characters with moves that the game doesn't like to put on other characters. R.O.B. can have many movesets put on him, so even if their file size is small they can still moveswap with others. i got nearly everyone to work with mario, so yeah. and it won't freeze all the time with ness, as captain falcon will try to do a yoyo smash, no yoyo will spawn, and the game is ok. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CnDYj0iItzY

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
C'mon, someone take me to a hacked stage ;___;

Target test, custom, anything would be great.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey. FirustheHedgehog and I are trying to play a With Friends match over wi-fi using emerald characters and target test. It's not working.

Any ideas?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Play with me instead?
I know nothing of hacks...sorry

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Haha. I'll play with you, but not now. I have to go soon and I'm just doing this with Firus just to screw around.

PM me, and we can set up a time.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey. FirustheHedgehog and I are trying to play a With Friends match over wi-fi using emerald characters and target test. It's not working.

Any ideas?
No idea. Either the codes weren't meant to work on WiFi or something else is up. I've found it that some times the codes will work on WiFi and other times it won't. Does it work offline for both of you? If it does, then try going back on again after trying it out.

I honestly don't know the problem.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Woah. The moveset swapping isn't working for me. Does anyone know what someone who's bad with coding would do?

I tried writing some "!includes" (to the one line files) into the two-line codes, but that shouldn't be it. I've tried two or three combinations so far, so it shouldn't be a problem in specific swaps.

Edit: never mind. I've gotten a Luigi-Mario swap to work.

Furthermore, Zamus (swapped over PT) doesn't work in slot 2 (it freezes on the character selection screen). I would try to get some more working, but I've got to go.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
BEST MOVESET SWAP EVER: Jigglypuff swapped to Captain Falcon.

Code: 077DD784 00000008
2F0E4EFA 00382120

Now, in this situation, if Jiggs uses Standard B, Up B, or Down B, it goes in the T position and freezes unless hit. Most if it is nothing special, and unfortunately, the fact that Standard B freezes it means you can't do a Falcon Punch with Jiggs.

BUT, its down throw is broken with this move swap. You use its down throw and the character you down threw flies away and then returns directly under Jigglypuff. It stays here until Jigglypuff attacks (which automatically hits that person, resulting in them being knocked out of the throw). Unfortunately, when Jiggs dies, the person does not die. However, given Jiggs' good amount of jumps, if you time it so you go to the far point of the stage and hit them with the right move, it can place the person out of the range of recovery.

Seriously though, this is a ton of fun, you've got to try it.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
So the moveswaps only work with the Japanese brawl copy? cause i am using the japanese brawl and ocarina is not finding the codes i put on

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So the moveswaps only work with the Japanese brawl copy? cause i am using the japanese brawl and ocarina is not finding the codes i put on
...What?

No. These codes are all for the USA Version, the thread title says that.

By the way, I tried Zamus with Jiggs as a value and nothing happened. Just thought I'd put it out there so people know.

I might try to test all of them out and make up a complete list of their working status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom