• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Brawl Code Thead (CLOSED!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
metaknight as mario is a good swap, no gamefreezes as far as i can tell, and downthrow causes the opponent to "bubblegum" to your feet. bubblegumming is a new tech me and my friends found out while moveswapping.

and lucario as pikachu does not work

has anyone else successfully got bowser, iceclimbers, kirby, samus, zamus, zelda, sheik, charizard, ivysaur, or squirtle to have another moveset put on them?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
and... you can't magically make any code do what you want, sometimes long codes are necessary in order for things to work.

moveswapping for example only has 2 lines, a person to replace, and who to replace them with.

but if you have a code like on the fly character changer, then of course you need alot of lines, it's a fancy code!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Lucario switched with Olimar is VERY good.

Everyone else freezes if you hold B, but with Lucario, he charges up his Aura Sphere. And he only freezes for his Up B and Taunts. But when you do his up B, he flies up, and you can swirl him aorund in the air.

Some other characters that work good with Olimar are Ike, Ness, Pit, and Lucas. But Lucario freezes the least.

ALSO, Link as Toon Link works VERY WELL. All moves work except Boomerang and Side Taunt. Even the Final Smash works!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Lucario freezes himself. He never freezes the game! He only freezes himself.

If you hold B, or sometimes even press B with osme characters as Olimar, it freeze the game.

Link Toon freezes himself, not the game.

ALSO! I EXTERMELY advise that you give Ganondorf Pikachu's moves.

HE NEVER FREEZES! Only with his Up B, but he floats and you can move him back and forth. His Side B and B don't do anything, but his Down B does. And only his Side Taunt doesn't work! I highly advie Ganonchu!

Longachu isn't as good, his B freezes the game. That's all I could do with him.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm using this guide for the homebrew chanel I found on youtube, but have a problem. When ever I try to download the THC Sameo or TP Hack V4 a window pops up and says something like "Unexpected end of archive" and then if I try to copy the files "the files are corrupt". The Sameo Pack V2 worked fine for some reason.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I'm using this guide for the homebrew chanel I found on youtube, but have a problem. When ever I try to download the THC Sameo or TP Hack V4 a window pops up and says something like "Unexpected end of archive" and then if I try to copy the files "the files are corrupt". The Sameo Pack V2 worked fine for some reason.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
WHAT? don't use that guide, it's alot simpler, i'll try posting a guide here really soon.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack
follow that

http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_homebrew_channel-beta_8.tar.gz
download this

and follow these instructions
1. Download the installer from the link above.
2. Expand the archive to find README.txt, wiiload and boot.elf
3. Place the boot.elf file in the root of your SD card.
4. Run the Twilight Hack, and allow the installer to load.
5. READ THE DISCLAIMER! In the very unlikely case your Wii should be bricked by the installer, this will let you know where you stand in regards to Team Twiizers.
6. Press the RESET button on your Wii.

make a folder called "apps" on the root of your SD card

put all homebrew applications you find in there
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps

you can figure the rest out

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
-______-

I'm like half way through this one.

Is there a better one somewhere else?

EDIT: I post slow. Thanks

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
metaknight as mario is a good swap, no gamefreezes as far as i can tell, and downthrow causes the opponent to "bubblegum" to your feet. bubblegumming is a new tech me and my friends found out while moveswapping.
Ah, so that's like what I described with C. Falcon's moveset swapped onto Jiggs?

but if you have a code like on the fly character changer, then of course you need alot of lines, it's a fancy code!
Which reminds me, I tried using the On The Fly Character Switcher and whenever I pressed a button combination my character disappeared, it said "GAME!" and the match ended, and when I started the match back up I was the person I selected on the Character Seleciton Screen. Am I doing something wrong?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Alright, thanks to meleemaster I have the homebrew chanel. But how do I add stuff to it? All it does is show bubbles rising right now. Don't get me wrong, I love bubbles. But I love playing on hacked stages even more, so, help me!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
You need to do unlimited time for the On The Fly to work.
it just needs to be timed matches of any sort.

funny thing is when you play stock, switch characters, then it saids the other person won, but both characters do their victory animations

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks to meleemaster I have the homebrew chanel. But how do I add stuff to it? All it does is show bubbles rising right now. Don't get me wrong, I love bubbles. But I love playing on hacked stages even more, so, help me!
http://wiird.l0nk.org/ocarina.zip
put the homebrew channel stuff (3 files, one is called boot.elf) in a folder called "ocarina" in the apps folder.

then figure out the ocarina steps to make it work.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ok, now my SD card has:
A folder (private)
A folder (apps) I put boot.elf, icon, and meta in here
boot.elf (I think this is a different one, but idk)

When I load the HB channel, it says loading SD card or something, the globe flashes a few times, and then plays bubbles for forever.

I suck at this.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Ok, now my SD card has:
A folder (private)
A folder (apps) I put boot.elf, icon, and meta in here
boot.elf (I think this is a different one, but idk)

When I load the HB channel, it says loading SD card or something, the globe flashes a few times, and then plays bubbles for forever.

I suck at this.
you need a folder in the folder of apps with the stuff in it, then it will work

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
You put the Ocarina folder in Apps, not just the files inside it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Beautiful.

Its working great.

But how do I add codes to Ocarina?

EDIT: This whole thing makes me feel like I'm five...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Added the code for target test.

Says it found and loaded the code.

But now when I try to play (I just choose random for the stage) it freezes.

I don't know what to do (surprise surprise)

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I don't know... I never chose random. Try choosing a stage. I think that's it, because it has to play the stage you choose's song, so that might be it...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tried that too.

Maybe its the location of the code I messed up (I have it under apps I think)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the code file should be in the folder called "codes" on the root of the SD. the code file should be called "rsbe.gct"

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Does anyone know the reason Emerald code doesn't work for Peach? It doesn't make ANY sense, you get to fight her Emerald form in the SSE.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the most current codes are posted,

here's a new code:

Unrestricted Replay Camera (ported):
0409E934 60000000
0409E93C 60000000
0409E9AC FC201890
0409E9B8 FC600090
0409E9BC FC000890
0409E9C8 FC001890
Original code by Y.S., converted to USA version by FireC

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
no, perhaps in a mode that supported up to 7 players (multiman, classic teams), but not standard.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey, is there a code so u can use the victory taunts in mid game? There are some victory taunts I really wanna take a screenshot at...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I was playing around with this code and found a lot of interesting stuff. This code is awesome by the way so I'd suggest adding it to the list.

Music Modifier [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 9017EBCC
1400XXXX 0000YYYY
E0000000 80008000

This permanently changes (in the save file so you only have to use the code once!) an entry in My Music to another track. XXXX points to which song to change, and YYYY points to which song. The better explanation is here:

http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257

Anyway, I attempted to load every track that was unused and even went past the boundaries on the music list a bit in both directions. I noticed a few minor mistakes the music list even. I suggest updating the list to account for this data as it means people no longer need to be scared of playing around with this... they know just what they are getting into (at least in the range 26F7-2835).

If I give the one word label as "silent", that means the track plays absolutely no notes and has no name. By has no name, I mean the name caption and music note come up but nothing is written next to the note. I think the first two entries (26F7 and 26F8) aren't valid music at all; that explains the results I got.

Except for 26F9 and 2711, all of these tracks crash My Music. The reason, by my theory, is that they don't have names so it can't load them. However, they work fine when applied to stages and used in battles. Well, it depends on what you mean by work fine really. They don't crash the game or cause any unusual glitches. I used your current labels for tracks you have on the list when making my list; I assume those are the names that came from a more direct rip so I shouldn't supplant them.

26F7: silent, no empty name caption (like on Hanenbow)
26F8: silent, no empty name caption (like on Hanenbow)
26F9: This is actually Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme, not Menu 1. It's a perfectly functional track otherwise.
26FE: ??? (Piano music, sounds familiar, nameless - help me out on this one)
ENDING: silent
270E: "Classic clear" (trophy on table, non-looping, nameless)
2710: silent
2711: Battlefield Ver. 2 (THE REAL THING... you guys forgot it)
MLRPG02: silent
MORINOKINOKO: silent
KAZENOSAKANA: silent
COCKIE: silent
ATHLETIC2: Obstacle Course. It is nameless but otherwise seems to be a note for note recreation. I am no musician though so maybe it's different in some really subtle way.
COMMAND: silent
SENTOUONISAN: silent
EIGHTMELODIES: silent
SMILEANDTEARS: silent
BECAUSE: silent
RADIOTAISO: silent
SPORTSMEDLEY: silent
WILDTRACKS: silent
ELECTRO: Hanenbow background music (yes, there's real background music! It's just the "water" sound effects)
MAINTHEME: silent
BEATMANIA: silent
HOWTOPLAY: silent
DXTERMINAL: Final Destination (Master Hand version with the few odd noises at the start when he is laughing)
UCANDO: silent
281E: silent
282F: A really constant and almost quiet noise, nameless; info on what this is would be nice
2830: silent
2831: silent
2832: silent
2833: silent
2834: silent
2835: silent

It still acts like real music at 2835, but I was getting bored with no sign of it stopping with the totally worthless silent tracks. I never found the victory music which is probably somewhere (270E demonstrates that non-looping music can be applied to stages), but otherwise nothing obvious is missing.

ABOUT USING THIS CODE WITH WIFI.

This code works 100% well offline and causes absolutely no problems unless you try to open My Music with a nameless track assigned to a stage (which just crashes the Wii, nothing too bad in the long run). Online, however, it causes issues as if either player picks a song not on the other's list. It doesn't even matter which one is "hacked"; the game doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference. My testing leads me to form a theory which I will not present via an example. Let's say a friend and I were going to play on 75m and our song lists looked like this:

Me: Bramble Blast, Opening (Donkey Kong), Cruel Brawl
Friend: Donkey Kong, Opening (Donkey Kong), 25m BGM

If Opening (Donkey Kong) is selected as the track when we play, it should be fine. If my friend's stage wins and selects Donkey Kong or 25m BGM, my Wii will freeze and his will get an error because the connection was lost. If my stage wins and we get Bramble Blast or Cruel Brawl, his Wii will freeze and mine will get an error because the connection was lost. In short, don't mix this code with online unless your friend is using the same modifications to the song list (you can set different probabilities; just use the same songs).

Also, the probability bars are screwy if you set the same song twice for a stage; don't do that. If you totally screw up a stage and can't fix it (or for some reason decide you think it's a GREAT idea to screw with Hanenbow), the reset codes can be found:

http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257&page=2

I hope this information will be useful to people who want to use codes to mess with the music; I think this code is far and away the best method, and hopefully the studying I have done in regards to it will make people able to use it with confidence.

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know exactly which codes work online? i already know the stage ones do.
but what about infinite jumps or any of the ratio modifers?

i dont have wifi at home, but when im at my friends house i wanna mess around with my
friends online too. lol

i searched this, and the guy who asked this didnt get an asnwer. lol

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom