• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Yeah, i just saw the trailer for, "The Conduit" and I agree with Alex. It reminds me of a slightly updated version of golden eye.

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
That's ********. It doesn't look anything like Goldeneye. Not in style or graphics quality. Maybe you guys haven't looked at Goldeneye 007 in 10 years.

Goldeneye 007

For comparison

Yeah, Goldeneye looked good for an N64 game. No, it doesn't look anything ****ing like The Conduit.

edit: FOR SUPER NERD RAGE

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i just saw the trailer for, "The Conduit" and I agree with Alex. It reminds me of a slightly updated version of golden eye.
that is impossible because perfect dark already exists, and the conduit aint no perfect dark

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
It's crazy to think about someone like Michael Jackson dying out of the blue like that...

and cardiac arrest of all things.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It was the best possible time for him to be honest.

But the dude's been important in popular culture for the last 50 years of his life Jesus. 1960, 70, 80, 90, 2000, he's always done something.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The greatest entertainer of all time is now gone. Now all we have left is Justin Timberlake, Usher, and Chris Brown *shudders*

Man, I was such a huge fan back during BAD... He made Thriller, y'all.

HE.

MADE.

THRILLER.

R.I.P. King of Pop, Po will always remember how he used to try to moonwalk everywhere when he was little, the 'WHOO!' and crotch-grabbing, always with the crotch-grabbing...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
MJ had two or three demos that he was prepping for a comeback that leaked over the course of the last two years. All of them were awesome and presented a lot of promise. Seemed like he was pulling all the stops out again.

It's amazing how virtually all of his music still sounds and feels fresh and undated. Of course, this is the man who, in the irony of all ironies, managed to make modern pop indispensable.

He sure was ugly, though.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Nah, if I have learned anything from studying the music industry, it's that unfinished portions of records of any artist worth their salt will inevitably leak, especially posthumously. Luckily for us, Michael Jackson was the highest-profile artist of them all.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Older smashers such as the OK crew actually appreciate what a great musician MJ was, all the scrub 4 corner states are joking about it D:<

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Older smashers such as the OK crew actually appreciate what a great musician MJ was, all the scrub 4 corner states are joking about it D:<
Wow, I looked through the most recent page of your states thread, and on top of joking about it, their jokes sucked.

I do not have a full understanding of Michael Jackson's contribution to music or culture, since I'm not really into popular music (or culture?), but I do know that he was an eminent figure with a prominent place in society.

And I mean, yeah, you can call out his eccentricities as bad things, but you still have to remember that he had a pretty ****ed up childhood (aside from the artistic success aspect, in and of itself). Really, I think he was just misunderstood.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
man in the mirror reached #1 on the day i was born, yo (this is alex).
that's some heaviness. i have don't stop 'til you get enough and i want you back in my head now :\

let's transition into a brighter note, now. kittens: cute or adorable?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So I was supposed to come in here and **** talk in order to get you guys to come to genesis, but then I remembered I'm bad at **** talk, and got distracted by the MJ chatter. Yes, he was a great performer, but he was a very screwed up individual who might've screwed up a good number of kids. But Thriller is still greatness.

BACK ON MY TOPIC THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT! Come to Supercon in Denver, July 24-26, is gonna be awesome. There will be Brawl, Melee, SF4, SC4, GG, BB, Halo3, Rock Band, Gears of War, HDR, and a bunch of side stuff. I know we've got one of the big anime con groups from Denver doing some panels, and was told one panel was going to just be girls in those anime maid outfits handing out candy, so weeaboos can enjoy Supercon too.

Plus, you'll get to hang out with me! And maybe even punch Dekar! =D =D =D =D

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Timotee: It's hard for me to think in those terms about the man who changed the face of music as we know it on the basis of things that he may or may not have done. Regardless, I understand that his public persona has never completely recovered from the negative attention that his curious and bizarre public behavior has attracted over the years; but I would hope that people can eventually grow to evaluate his music independently from his more gossiped-about reclusive tendencies.

Also, why isn't Oklahoma going to SuperCon again? LOL.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You have made me the saddest person with a shark suspended by a balloon for an avatar. =(

And yeah, I'll be trying to make Oh Snap, if we don't run into the same complications that occurred last year.

Edit for MJ: I do evaluate the music from the man, but can understand if someone has no desire to. Plus, jokes are jokes, if we don't have humor then we got nothin!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Edit for MJ: I do evaluate the music from the man, but can understand if someone has no desire to. Plus, jokes are jokes, if we don't have humor then we got nothin!
Besides feelings and real life?

Also for those interested, Paul (FK1) mentioned possibly holding a smashfest at his place in Lawton. I would be willing to drive some peeps down there if you guys want to play. Bassem may be attending. Anyone in?

Why does fattyfatfatso hate me? =(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Besides feelings and real life?

Also for those interested, Paul (FK1) mentioned possibly holding a smashfest at his place in Lawton. I would be willing to drive some peeps down there if you guys want to play. Bassem may be attending. Anyone in?

Why does fattyfatfatso hate me? =(
If you think feelings and real life are anything without humor, you lead a very different life than me.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I would try to get Bassem to attend if he was responsive...Anyone that has his contact info ask him if he would play if there was a smashfest in lawton.

Top Bottom