• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
MK's not gonna be banned at Oh Snap 5 especially if the top two MKs in the southwest aren't going to play him.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226652

Please, please, pleeeeeease Oklahoma? The rest of the southwest's gonna be there, it's our board's regional!
We love the persistence Colorado, but we have a monthly on those dates. And the dates cannot be moved sadly. I agree with the reason behind Oklahoma's apathy against banning metaknight (I am in that apathy category too). Although metaknight is my 3rd least favorite character to play against, I feel that he does offer a good obstacle for players to overcome. Some people are legitimately good with MK and those that are tier whores are just going to be beaten by better players anyway. If you don't ban metaknights thats cool but if you do, I am going to get wrecked by a bunch of DDDs. I think it would be awesome if Oklahoma was the only state in the southwest to not ban metaknight.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
It's discouraging to hear in a tournament: "OMG, he only beat me because he switched to MK..." It's part john and part true. If MK was not as over powered as he is, he wouldn't be the counter all. And based on stats...he should not even be a playable character, anyway...

+backs away+

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
So basically Xyro: Oklahoma has 1 MK thats on the scene actively (2 if you count Powastar) That is not enough to apply for a ban in this state.

That's how I see it atleast.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
That and Oklahoma players aren't historically awful vs Metaknight as it is. Like Kuni ain't bad, Hanson ain't bad, Chris ain't bad, Gmo ain't bad, etc in state and out of state.

And the argument remains with Louisiana as well, but the ban's probably not working there cause every bad player who goes "OMG I SUCK LETS GO TO METAKNIGHT" loses much worse. Much, much worse.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
But when it happens...What happens to the feelings towards MK? And also towards the player?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
If you are going to ban something I really only think it should be based on principle, not on situational facts like who plays him (in OK), how many people play him (in OK), etc., although these things can greatly effect how you feel.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lx1se_5hEQ

The feeling towards the player is kind of an admittance of "oh I suck, so I'm going last ditch <_< only to lose" for me. Honestly, I don't think I'm going to lose to any mediocre metanknights. If one beats me, I honestly believe he outplayed me so I'm fine with losing to them.

And yeah brett, I agree, but I don't think anyone here feels like throwing out theory atm or tournament statistics because in the end they really don't like fall for the MKs atm . . .

Dojo just got 2nd, m2k got 3rd, though I think Judge did win in grand vs Lain? Anyways, we can play that game but like we're kind of tired about it.

Let's talk about banning DDD instead. Gay *** character.

[edit]

WTF are y'all watching these sethlon videos? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvHbBMXJf5E&feature=channel

That's like exactly what I mean by like Kismet lasers and stuff. Don't camp, just rush, except he uses dash attack a whole lot better than kismet did though Kismet used airdodge mindgames better than Sethlon did too.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ive seen sethlon's videos. that is too many lasers for me.

As for deezy, i dont think any notable MK player went to Last3.

As for xyro. if you look at oklahoma tournaments, i dont htink an MK has ever won one of them. at least a full MK user.

Me myself, I have used MK twice in a tournament. 1 time was against kosmos and he 3-0'd me into losers brackets. another time was when somebody counterpicked me w/ kirby.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lx1se_5hEQ

The feeling towards the player is kind of an admittance of "oh I suck, so I'm going last ditch <_< only to lose" for me. Honestly, I don't think I'm going to lose to any mediocre metanknights. If one beats me, I honestly believe he outplayed me so I'm fine with losing to them.
Well, I don't think I'd lose to any mediocre Metaknights either, but it sure is a hell of a lot of hard work to beat someone who'd be getting wrecked otherwise simply because the match up is ********...

I saw (and heard especially) all I needed to see (and hear) in the first six seconds... Texas better go back to using Metaknight, because Po is ANGRY.

*They won't like me when I'm angry*

THE MADDER PO GETS, THE LOUDER (AND MORE PIMP) HE BECOMES!

PO SHORYUKEN!!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So if MK isn't ****** everywhere I don't really see a point in banning him. Pro-banners FTL.

Any smashers in lawton?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
dang it po. i just called you and somebody else answered :embarrass
Aw man, Tom. My grandma had it for a minute... What's up?

Hey, any of y'all peoples wanna catch a movie or something tomorrow? It's me birfday, and I guess I want to see that Transformers movie, but I'm anticipating lots of lols, so I would like to have a group of people with me to make of it together.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL. Deezy, I can never die.

Even if my body is gone, my legend shall live in the hearts of the youth.
Besides, I'll just pull a Ghost Nappa and haunt you noobs while the Ghostbusters Theme plays.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Would Bassem be up for holding a smashfest? I would drive some peeps down there since vectorman wants to meet...and he lives in Wichita falls. I'm going for melee, but I thought some people might want to come...i hear Bassem rocks some Brawl....

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if texas bans MK oklahoma should follow suit. TX is about 80% of the competition in the southwest, and most of the OOS experience oklahoma gets. on top of that, by standardized a rule set and familiarizing a ok/tx metagame the two states should definitely become texoma on a national level, restoring TX to its former glory as a huge dominating state, and introducing ok as a non-nubby state.
just saying.
plus, texoma melee would yield like 10 decent players.

edit: i'd show up if you helped my zamus :D

Gravity

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tips GMO, I've actually been thinking about messing around with my Falco a bit more lately. That Fair against glide attack is new for me, lol sounds nice though, I'll try it out.

How about Thursday Andy? I probably can't spend the night because of work. But if you pick me up at 2 pm ish, I can stay until midnight or so.
i work thursday night. if you want to we can hang out tonight but you wont answer any of your phones. the next thing is friday which i have off.

in other words call me immediately.

also wat

http://www.youngdeezy.com/

Scud

Smash Apprentice
alex check this post and get on aim so we can eat dinner together and maybe smash some.

So Fk1, if you held a smashfest in Lawton could I and vectorman come and play some melee? or is this exclusive brawl lolz?

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
lol zamus..

I played melee the other day for the first time in like half a year. I sucked harder than balls D:

killed myself three times tryin' to waveshine...

ugh -_-

Top Bottom