• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Barge is really aggresive with the Ice Climbers. :laugh: Usually it takes me a match or two to adjust with certain characters in order to know how to deal with it. For example, the first time I played him as Samus he two stocked me and then I came back and did the same to him in the next match.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Barge is really aggresive with the Ice Climbers. :laugh: Usually it takes me a match or two to adjust with certain characters in order to know how to deal with it. For example, the first time I played him as Samus he two stocked me and then I came back and did the same to him in the next match.
He should do what I do with Olimar. The first match you should play as fast as possible to force your opponent into a hasted status (Olimar's Pikmin can create a sense of urgency because of the damage the rack up). Then, switch to a really slow paced style of fighting to take advantage of mistakes and combo off of things they no longer notice. That's why some matches I am camp-minded and others I am combo-minded.

Back to my Marth issues, WTFx with Dancing Blade. I can't consistantly do it. -_-

Halaster

Smash Ace
Back to my Marth issues, WTFx with Dancing Blade. I can't consistantly do it. -_-
That, in my experience, is generally wifi screwing you over. Most of the time I can manage it well enough offline, but I often fail to get the last whack in while playing online.

Excellence

Smash Champion
That, in my experience, is generally wifi screwing you over. Most of the time I can manage it well enough offline, but I often fail to get the last whack in while playing online.
No, it's definately my fault. I think I'm hitting the direction of my last attack too early, but I can't get a consistant time with it down. It's really urking me.

Snare

Smash Lord
No, it's definately my fault. I think I'm hitting the direction of my last attack too early, but I can't get a consistant time with it down. It's really urking me.
try just siezuring out on the controler until it works right, then remember how you siezured :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He should do what I do with Olimar. The first match you should play as fast as possible to force your opponent into a hasted status (Olimar's Pikmin can create a sense of urgency because of the damage the rack up). Then, switch to a really slow paced style of fighting to take advantage of mistakes and combo off of things they no longer notice. That's why some matches I am camp-minded and others I am combo-minded.

You may just be getting the timing wrong. In my mind, when I do it, I think "Ta-dada-ta" in order to land all four strikes. Wifi can screw you up sometimes too so don't worry about it too much.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
For Dancing blade, you just have to play with it for a little while until you get it right.

It only took me like 5 minutes before I got it.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I might switch from Sonic to PT for EOS, depending on how fast/well I can develop my PT and whether or not my Sonic can be brought up to a higher level. :o I need to learn more ATs for both characters, in any case...

Although that will mean that all of my characters will have less than stellar recoveries, lol.

I know you promised me Sonic dittos, but I can't Brawl you today, FMOI (which may be for the better, considering the condition of your Wifi.. :p ). I have homework to do and a SMYN podcast to listen to. Maybe another weekend? :)

Halaster

Smash Ace
Is the first round getting posted today? Or will that be waiting until you get a full 32 for Hit Me With Your Best Smash?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I might switch from Sonic to PT for EOS, depending on how fast/well I can develop my PT and whether or not my Sonic can be brought up to a higher level. :o I need to learn more ATs for both characters, in any case...

Although that will mean that all of my characters will have less than stellar recoveries, lol.

I know you promised me Sonic dittos, but I can't Brawl you today, FMOI (which may be for the better, considering the condition of your Wifi.. :p ). I have homework to do and a SMYN podcast to listen to. Maybe another weekend? :)
Hopefully I can fix my router by next weekend. Right now, I can't even get online because of some setting on my firewall which I know nothing about. I've even turned it for short periods of time and I still can't get on.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
*Sigh*

Anybody wanna help me train with marth? I always have a sudden urge to fair spam... which is not good.
But fair spam is good. D: You just can't get predictable with it. Switch it up with DBs and tilts and nairs. As long as you space your fairs correctly, and react afterwards according to your opponents reaction, you should rarely ever get punished, unless you're dealing with a character that has more range than your fair. Marth's fair is a great move.

And I would, but homework/podcast, lols. :psycho:

@FMOI: Have you checked your Firewall's list of allowed programs? What firewall is it, anyways?

Excellence

Smash Champion
You may just be getting the timing wrong. In my mind, when I do it, I think "Ta-dada-ta" in order to land all four strikes. Wifi can screw you up sometimes too so don't worry about it too much.
I've been listening for when Marth says "Ta," the loudest to get in the varying fourth hit, but I'm not liking the cooky cutter combos. They're fine if you want to space (Down), KO horizontally (Side), or KO vertically (Up), but I want to use this for combos and pressure too. I want to be able to hit upward, and end with forward because when done correctly the DI patterns of your opponent become more clear and punishable. I've only played around with Dancing Blade a little bit and it seems too good.

For Dancing blade, you just have to play with it for a little while until you get it right.

It only took me like 5 minutes before I got it.
>_>

cba

Smash Master
eveyone is changing avatars, exellence made a Chain Reaction....
i feel so not gay ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom