• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hopefully I can fix my router by next weekend. Right now, I can't even get online because of some setting on my firewall which I know nothing about. I've even turned it for short periods of time and I still can't get on.
I'm having the exact same problem and I have no idea how to fix it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been listening for when Marth says "Ta," the loudest to get in the varying fourth hit, but I'm not liking the cooky cutter combos. They're fine if you want to space (Down), KO horizontally (Side), or KO vertically (Up), but I want to use this for combos and pressure too. I want to be able to hit upward, and end with forward because when done correctly the DI patterns of your opponent become more clear and punishable. I've only played around with Dancing Blade a little bit and it seems too good.
Really, don't worry about the other strikes because the last strike is definately the most important. If you do the down stab for the last strike, it's amazing at shield pressure and probably his safest option of the three finishers since just landing one of the strikes will push your opponent back. The up strike is okay at lower percentages because it can easily lead into uairs, nairs in fairs but it becomes less reliable as their percentage goes up and the forward strike is about average overall but it's easily the easiest to punish especially with shield grabs.

Also, Marth doesn't actually say "Ta." :laugh: I think of the timing like music notes. ta-dada-ta or "quarter note-sixteenth note (or is it eighth note...)-quarter note".

Excellence

Smash Champion
Zomg, Excellence your old avatar!
I'm glad someone noticed.

what a jerk, scaring a girl! tsk tsk.:p
Don't be sexest Aryman, we all know your a feminist!

eveyone is changing avatars, exellence made a Chain Reaction....
i feel so not gay ^.^
Yes! This is the power of Excellence, behold as everyone changes avatars!

*World crumbles around my feetz*

Really, don't worry about the other strikes because the last strike is definately the most important. If you do the down stab for the last strike, it's amazing at shield pressure and probably his safest option of the three finishers since just landing one of the strikes will push your opponent back. The up strike is okay at lower percentages because it can easily lead into uairs, nairs in fairs but it becomes less reliable as their percentage goes up and the forward strike is about average overall but it's easily the easiest to punish especially with shield grabs.

Also, Marth doesn't actually say "Ta." :laugh: I think of the timing like music notes. ta-dada-ta or "quarter note-sixteenth note (or is it eighth note...)-quarter note".
I didn't even realize all of the stuff you just said, you saved me about a week of experimentation and failures, thanks.

I realize he doesn't say that, but I don't know how else to describe what he does, "Hm, hump, tsee, ta!" Something like that at least.

You're right about my spacing, I played BunnyMa's Snake a few moments ago with Marth. For my first time using him I'd say I did pretty well. Snake's UTilt range is ridiculous, I mean seriously. I had to tipper EVERY Fair as well as retreat it if I wanted to hit. Seriously, it was a pain. Then I had to bait Snake's UTilt and punish with Shield Breaker. If I wanted to approach, I literally caught a grenade and hurled it back. It's freaking ridiculous. xD

All that said, I lost everytime I used Marth (about 8 matches). Good ol' Olimar did much better winning most of his matches (6:1). Bunny's Snake is too good at camping, exact opposite of what I remember Aryman doing.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Bunnyma does camp a little bit more than me. One thing Bunnyma needs to work on is throwing grenades less when airborne, it leaves snake open quite a bit. come to think of it bunnyma is constantly pulling out grenades.

And while playing a Martha today i realized Snake's uptilt has as much range as Marth's tipped f-smash. rofl.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Actually, assuming that a "da" is half the value of a "ta", it would be quarter note-eight note eight note-quarter note.

/musicgeekiness

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, one more piece of advice regarding Marth, dtilt is awesome is usually the attack that most people new to him heavily underuse. Like Metaknight's dtilt and Diddy's dash attack, it can immediately canceled into another attack after it strikes something. It's also amazing at shield pressure because two dtilts plus one uncharged shield breaker (his B attack) can almost always guarentee a broken shield if they hold if for that long.

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
:)

I suppose Olimar is like the ultimate Snake counter, or I just suck with Snake. Jeez! When I fought Excellence (good games by the way), the first match was my Snake vs. his Marth. I'd say I did pretty decent on all the Marth match-ups. However, when I went up against his Olimar, I didn't stand a chance. His pikmin outnumbered my missles and grenades, and when I went for the approach, a grab or d-smash stopped me in my tracks. The one match I did win against Olimar, I personally felt I didn't deserve that match. Does anyone have advice for a fellow Snake player versing a great Olimar? :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I suppose Olimar is like the ultimate Snake counter, or I just suck with Snake. Jeez! When I fought Excellence (good games by the way), the first match was my Snake vs. his Marth. I'd say I did pretty decent on all the Marth match-ups. However, when I went up against his Olimar, I didn't stand a chance. His pikmin outnumbered my missles and grenades, and when I went for the approach, a grab or d-smash stopped me in my tracks. The one match I did win against Olimar, I personally felt I didn't deserve that match. Does anyone have advice for a fellow Snake player versing a great Olimar? :)
Yes; turn up the camp to full blast and create a ton of grenade jackets. In other words, play as gay as you possibly can. :laugh: When Snake does this, even some of his counters like King Dedede and Metaknight start to buckle.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Bunnyma does camp a little bit more than me. One thing Bunnyma needs to work on is throwing grenades less when airborne, it leaves snake open quite a bit. come to think of it bunnyma is constantly pulling out grenades.

And while playing a Martha today i realized Snake's uptilt has as much range as Marth's tipped f-smash. rofl.
Isn't that crazy? Don't get too used to keep them back though. I managed to double retreating Fair then shield breaker Bunny to keep up pressure. I WOULD have used Dancing Blade, but I suck too much to get the timing right.

Olimar isn't a Snake counter at all, in fact, it's still argued that Snake is better. Don't try to camp because it's not going to work. Get in close and pummel Olimar with Tilts. Mix your tilts up by not completing them and toss in a few jabs. When he's airborn keep launching Mortar Slides if only to confuse Olimar with all the grenades in the air. When he's recovering mindgame, the more uncertain he/she is, the better. You should however, try to KO him with FTilt off the side. Do NOT EVER complete your jabs because it's grab food.

By the way, Bunny. It was my first time using Marth today, so if I seem really dumb and repetitive now you know why. =/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Olimar isn't a Snake counter at all, in fact, it's still argued that Snake is better. Don't try to camp because it's not going to work. Get in close and pummel Olimar with Tilts. Mix your tilts up by not completing them and toss in a few jabs. When he's airborn keep launching Mortar Slides if only to confuse Olimar with all the grenades in the air. When he's recovering mindgame, the more uncertain he/she is, the better. You should however, try to KO him with FTilt off the side. Do NOT EVER complete your jabs because it's grab food.
Camping and hit and run tactics work well if you control the stage well enough. Take this video for example:

Skip to 2:42

Notice how well this Snake controls the stage and plays hit and run tactics if he's forced to get close. Very rarely does he stick around for long periods of time and most of the time, he's retreating instead of advancing. Notice that by doing this, he also didn't get grabbed once.

cba

Smash Master
Excellence..how is my Ike? i just started using him w/ you but i had that in mind for a few days. also i find your and Dabuz's Olimar VERY different, you camp, she doesnt. but both give me the same hard time. and regarding what you said about all the Olimars around being decent, it is true the Olimars that i have played around here(Olimarman, Excellence, Dabuz) are really good. And Olimar in my opinion counters Snake, IDC who says what. just like Falco being ZSS worse matchup. i think ZSS is 50-50 against Olimar, its a test of skill for both players. and i Officially say that i hate Snake's F/U tilt. he is TOO broken

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Camping and hit and run tactics work well if you control the stage well enough. Take this video for example:

Notice how well this Snake controls the stage and plays hit and run tactics if he's forced to get close. Very rarely does he stick around for long periods of time and most of the time, he's retreating instead of advancing. Notice that by doing this, he also didn't get grabbed once.
The snake in that video is amazing...i'd be frustrated if i had to face him.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

he did get grabbed once, and the olimar in that video sucked.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Excellence..how is my Ike? i just started using him w/ you but i had that in mind for a few days. also i find your and Dabuz's Olimar VERY different, you camp, she doesnt. but both give me the same hard time. and regarding what you said about all the Olimars around being decent, it is true the Olimars that i have played around here(Olimarman, Excellence, Dabuz) are really good. And Olimar in my opinion counters Snake, IDC who says what. just like Falco being ZSS worse matchup. i think ZSS is 50-50 against Olimar, its a test of skill for both players. and i Officially say that i hate Snake's F/U tilt. he is TOO broken
Me reading this now instead of last night isn't too good, because now I don't remember. From what I do remember, a lot of the mistakes I made were misjudging Ike's range. As you may have noticed, I keep just outside your hitbox with Marth (the point where your attack makes red sparks) and attack you as you finish an attack and a few times I messed up. I stood just as the tip of a fully charged FSmash because I misjudged your range once. We'll have to play again to confirm your skills. What I have heard though, good Ike's don't use Quick Draw to recover.

I've never played Dabuz, never saw her play, but I can imagine she probably keeps a closer game to her opponents than I do. I think that's a bit silly because she can be injured that way, but apparently she's better than I am with Olimar.

I'm not even sure what Olimar vs ZSS is. All I know is that I just learned how I should be hitting her and it makes a good deal of sense. Next time, I'll have to see if I can make the match seem disadvantageous.

he did get grabbed once, and the olimar in that video sucked.
I agree with you. That Olimar was very, very bad.

cba

Smash Master
@ Excellence: yea, you were making alot of mistakes w/ marth and misjudging Ikes range and knockback. and the ----> B is good to come back with, but the timing itself HAS to be crucial.

on a side note: I WANT TEAM BATTLES!!!!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
@ Excellence: yea, you were making alot of mistakes w/ marth and misjudging Ikes range and knockback. and the ----> B is good to come back with, but the timing itself HAS to be crucial.

on a side note: I WANT TEAM BATTLES!!!!
I want team battles too lulz. :p Will join you if you get enough people.

Gotta learn me some Squirtle ATs, first, though...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want team battles too lulz. :p Will join you if you get enough people.

Gotta learn me some Squirtle ATs, first, though...
Squirtle ATs? All he has is shell shifting which is surprizingly useful if used right. Dash one way, then the other, repeat over and over until you're ready to attack. The best attacks to do out of this are his dash attack, fsmash (use a stutter step to stop), and usmash. He has a grab release (meaning he can let go of them and easily go into another attack like a ftilt) on a few characters too like Ness and Lucas but I don't remember the full list.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well, olimar IS snakes counter, or a big one, 60-40 olimars favor easily, and zss, well, thats really pure even in every way, and maybe we should play excellence...hmmmmmmmmmm...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Squirtle ATs? All he has is shell shifting which is surprizingly useful if used right. Dash one way, then the other, repeat over and over until you're ready to attack. The best attacks to do out of this are his dash attack, fsmash (use a stutter step to stop), and usmash. He has a grab release (meaning he can let go of them and easily go into another attack like a ftilt) on a few characters too like Ness and Lucas but I don't remember the full list.
It's hydroplaning that's giving me trouble. :< I can't get down the timing of it. I can shellshift pretty well (I was able to mindgame the level 9 computers I faced, rofl) bt it isn't much if I can't do anything other than dash attacks and fsmashs out of it.

I want my awesome long range usmash. :(

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Squirtle also has an aerial cancel on slopes, a slide grab, and a couple of other cool tricks.

Well, I'm posting from my new home in Lamar, Colorado. I'm very tired, incredibly homesick, and somewhat dreading my new job, but I wanted to check in with you guys.

I'm working on getting a reliable Internet connection for my current place of residence, and this should hopefully be doable without too much trouble. However, it's a very real possibility that I won't be able to do one or more of these tournaments, so I wanted to let you all know that. I hope that I can still get my online Smash games in - since someone has to represent the dinosaur - but I wanted you all to be aware of what's going on. Catch you guys later!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Squirtle also has an aerial cancel on slopes, a slide grab, and a couple of other cool tricks.

Well, I'm posting from my new home in Lamar, Colorado. I'm very tired, incredibly homesick, and somewhat dreading my new job, but I wanted to check in with you guys.

I'm working on getting a reliable Internet connection for my current place of residence, and this should hopefully be doable without too much trouble. However, it's a very real possibility that I won't be able to do one or more of these tournaments, so I wanted to let you all know that. I hope that I can still get my online Smash games in - since someone has to represent the dinosaur - but I wanted you all to be aware of what's going on. Catch you guys later!
You are aware that Chaco, Mmac, Naucitos, and Yoshididdy main Yoshi too, right? :laugh: Still, I wish you the best of luck with your new job. As for me, I'm still trying to fix my freakin' router. I've tried hitting it with a hammer and putting in the microwave but nothing seems to working. I mean, I did these things to my cat when he was sick and he got better so I don't understand why it's not working in this case.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You are aware that Chaco, Mmac, Naucitos, and Yoshididdy main Yoshi too, right? :laugh:
Didn't you hear? They all decided to switch to Ness. It's the strangest thing, really.

As for me, I'm still trying to fix my freakin' router. I've tried hitting it with a hammer and putting in the microwave but nothing seems to working. I mean, I did these things to my cat when he was sick and he got better so I don't understand why it's not working in this case.
Sad 0rion answer :( : I had to leave all my animals behind when I came here. I don't have any friends, family, or pets our here...

Happy 0rion answer :) : Yes, but I don't think you want your wireless router to grow 100 feet tall and start glowing green like your cat.

cba

Smash Master
You are aware that Chaco, Mmac, Naucitos, and Yoshididdy main Yoshi too, right? :laugh: Still, I wish you the best of luck with your new job. As for me, I'm still trying to fix my freakin' router. I've tried hitting it with a hammer and putting in the microwave but nothing seems to working. I mean, I did these things to my cat when he was sick and he got better so I don't understand why it's not working in this case.
lol. but you HAVE to throw it in the pool. and then Bake it at 350º. and if it doesnt work you can send me a check of $43.69 + tax for helping you out.

cba

Smash Master
Um Gamebattles sucks.
there was this guy and he played a decent sheik of course i Owned and in the last match he picked Mk. what a *******.

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
:)

You wanna be on teams Bevedere? By the way, how does this team thing work? I only know how to do singles. :) (Bevedere and I on teams)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
You wanna be on teams Bevedere? By the way, how does this team thing work? I only know how to do singles. :) (Bevedere and I on teams)
There's two players on each team, and team attack/friendly fire is usually set to "on". You would just Brawl as you would in singles, except you are up against two people and you have a partner who helps you fight. Better teams come with up combinations and combo attacks, but since this is just for fun and we don't really have time to make out a strategy, it doesn't make much difference. Just play like you norammly would but with more people added into the mix, and help your partner whenever they seem like they're in trouble. Don't worry, you'll do fine. Snake is an excellent team player. :p

And sure, I'll be on your team. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom