• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellence

Smash Champion
My Wifi has shot craps and I can't even log into my own router. Do you guys think I should buy a new router becaue I'm really getting sick of this...
Your lag isn't just with me? I'm not really sure if you should buy a new router, because Wifi is pretty lagtastic reguardless what you do. Experiment with your connections. If the little bulb is green/blue and you're still lagging noticably, it may be time to get a new router.

cba

Smash Master
My Wifi has shot craps and I can't even log into my own router. Do you guys think I should buy a new router becaue I'm really getting sick of this...
idk..i have the same problems, but idk if i should buy a router or a Wii Lan adapter...
and we have a match for that thing i call a tourney...
@ Yaya: its ok, next one is invite only.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Your lag isn't just with me? I'm not really sure if you should buy a new router, because Wifi is pretty lagtastic reguardless what you do. Experiment with your connections. If the little bulb is green/blue and you're still lagging noticably, it may be time to get a new router.
No, this weekend I've been getting a red connection with everyone; even people who used to be green (I've never had a blue connection). It does this like once a month and it's driving me nuts. I've already had to drop out of cba's tournament and I might have to even drop out of my own...

Excellence

Smash Champion
No, this weekend I've been getting a red connection with everyone; even people who used to be green (I've never had a blue connection). It does this like once a month and it's driving me nuts. I've already had to drop out of cba's tournament and I might have to even drop out of my own...
You wouldn't be using Lan would you?

Snare

Smash Lord
Lol, Excellence, those PT games were fun. :o A lot of come from behind victories and Flamethrower ****.

That first Squirtle vs Falco match was epic, we lived for so long. I probably should have switched out; I would have gotten a kill a couple times if Squirtle wasn't fatigued.

And LMAO OLIMAR. That was so much ****. I did a grand total of 8% damage on you. PT sucks against Oli. :<

I'm makin' a list, lol.

People not to use PT against:
Ice Climbers
Olimar*

Hopefully it doesn't grow too big. :<

Do you have any suggestions for my PT? Excellence, Barge, Omis??

*Apparently, PT boards have Olimar as an advantage. o.o Char is disadvantage, Ivy is neutral, and Squirt is advanatge. I guess I just have to learn how to fight them. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFMtY9BuLxI

10adrielrules

idk why squirtle would have an advantage against oli, i would think neutral would be more like it :\

Barge

All I want is a custom title
GG's sir B.

I really think you need to work on not getting grabbed and your approaches O:

Barge

You're a higher level then me, I wouldn't know ]:

Uhm... -thinks-

moar pikminz

idk.

Excellence

Smash Champion
You're a higher level then me, I wouldn't know ]:

Uhm... -thinks-

moar pikminz

idk.
I lol'd at this because my signature was a higher level than yours and now it's broke. You could honestly say that I approach well? :evil:

Humility. :p I'm kidding...
Wait, let me get some scratch people...

*Removes skin from your face.* :evil:

Barge

What about my TL?

I neglect him for a week and all of a sudden I'm better with him then ever before D:

Excellence

Smash Champion
What about my TL?

I neglect him for a week and all of a sudden I'm better with him then ever before D:
*Breaths fire.* You never answered my question!!! :evil:

You know, this sort of thing happens to me ALL the time. I'll stop playing a character, then come back to playing them a week or two later and all of a sudden I'm doing better. :evil:

I think it's because we get into bad habits and stop thinking about our responses. The more conscious you are of what you're doing, the better you'll be. :evil:

Moreover, I think that when we stop playing characters and come back to them we forget some of those habits and think a little more. :evil:

Has anyone noticed that the entire Olimar board is decent? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it seems like. :evil:

Barge

Fine, you approach well, My olimar has gone completely rusty since i gave up on him.

Throw pikminz shield alot.

Are you becoming like peachy?

Adding that :evil: sign to all of your lines >_>

Excellence

Smash Champion
happens to me in melee...
I UPDATED WHATEVER SOME PEOPLE CALL "TOURNEY'"
I wonder if I'd be good at Melee now that I've become good at Brawl. I finally have an understanding of the smash series! :evil:

Fine, you approach well, My olimar has gone completely rusty since i gave up on him. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Throw pikminz shield alot.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Are you becoming like peachy?:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Adding that :evil: sign to all of your lines >_>:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
Ha, Barge you lie! My approaches suck!

Why, yes, yes I am. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Fixed your post, too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Olimar board is a good board. They're focused, constantly active, and it's more than just one person contributing to the character. Overall, I'd probably but them in the five best character boards.

Barge

You should try learning Bowser, Excellence. I think you could pull him off.

Excellence

Smash Champion
You should try learning Bowser, Excellence. I think you could pull him off.
Are you joking, or are you series? When this game first came out I experimented with Bowser and felt the following: fat, then angry, then depressed, then hungry, and then oddly content. All and all, Bowser is just not my style. He's got so much: I need to get in close to do damage, that I'd get annoyed with him. I'm an advocate of: Hahaha, you can't hit meh *****! :evil:

*insert sexual joke*
Aryman, you forget that I've seduced you many times before. :evil:

Considering Excellence's playstyle, I'd say Marth would be a good character for him. Excelllence is excellent *facepalm* at spacing and I think he'd be a force to recon with him.
*Runs to the Marth boards.* :evil:

Quick! Someone get on Smash and practice against my Marth! :evil:

*Stares at Mr. Game & Watch's Bair.* :evil:

Barge

I edited my post, don't worry.
:mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo::mewtwo:v

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
I won't be able to make it this saturday for HMWYBS, but I'd like to register for Evolution of Smash.
For now, my character choices are DK, Ice Climbers, Wario.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Awesome advice
Thanks, man. :D Yeah, Olimars in general I don't really know how to fight. The Pikmin crowd around him and I can't tell what he's doing. :<

I forgot to mention it before, but you and I have very similar Marths. That's probably why I was reading you quite well, that I knew that'd you fsmash and short hop fairs; it's like playing against myself (when I'm not Wolf, because I don't know how to fight Wolf...>_>). You just use a little more dair and DB in your game, while I use a little more tilts. I'm still trying to work DB in, so watch out, ICs! :bee:

I think I'll work on Squirtle first. I haven't really used much shellshifting, and hydroplaning is a foreign word to me.

Yeah, I saw that Falco usmash. O_O That wasn't a DACUS, nor a hyphen smash? Or are you asking me because you don't know? Because I'm not sure either. :/

Alright, enough Brawl for now; I need to finish typing my essay. <_> But first, I'm hungry...*goes to get sandwiches and chips*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you think I'd be better with Marth or Mr. Game & Watch?
Defeniately Marth. Your spacing expertise with Olimar would come out in spades with Marth. With this being said, you'd also be great with Samus and ZSS but it'd definately be more of an uphill battle to win matches in most matchups especially against the higher tiers.

Nobody take any offense in this but, Excellence, you're too smart to play as Mr. Game and Watch. Like Metaknight, Mr. Game and Watch is extremelly easy to use, learn, and succeed with. Obviously, there's a difference between someone who knows him inside and out and someone who just picks him to deal with bad matchups but the point is that the gulf between these two points is no where as wide as most characters. (See first post for my option on character learning curves.) Marth is easy to play as too but there is an enormous difference between someone who can constantly land tippers and someone who can't just like there's a huge difference between a Pikachu who can effectively quick attack cancel and one who can't.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Thanks, man. :D Yeah, Olimars in general I don't really know how to fight. The Pikmin crowd around him and I can't tell what he's doing. :<

I forgot to mention it before, but you and I have very similar Marths. That's probably why I was reading you quite well, that I knew that'd you fsmash and short hop fairs; it's like playing against myself (when I'm not Wolf, because I don't know how to fight Wolf...>_>). You just use a little more dair and DB in your game, while I use a little more tilts. I'm still trying to work DB in, so watch out, ICs! :bee:

Yeah, I saw that Falco usmash. O_O That wasn't a DACUS, nor a hyphen smash? Or are you asking me because you don't know? Because I'm not sure either. :/
Ask anyone who doesn't main Olimar and you'll get the same answer: no one knows what the hell he's doing, until it's too late. :evil:

I'm really going to work on my Marth just because I like the whole tipper thing. The fact that I can use the same attack and get two different results catches me interest. :evil:

Nope, that was NOT a DACUS! I do know how to do DACUS (I was using them a lot with Wario and Falco), but the returning one from the ledge was not a DACUS. I think I got hit something canceled and turned into a Dash Atk which I probably hit Up on the C-Stick as a reaction or something. I don't know, but I definately want to find more about this. I should've SD'd. :evil:

Defeniately Marth. Your spacing expertise with Olimar would come out in spades with Marth. With this being said, you'd also be great with Samus and ZSS but it'd definately be more of an uphill battle to win matches in most matchups especially against the higher tiers.

Nobody take any offense in this but, Excellence, you're too smart to play as Mr. Game and Watch. Like Metaknight, Mr. Game and Watch is extremelly easy to use, learn, and succeed with. Obviously, there's a difference between someone who knows him inside and out and someone who just picks him to deal with bad matchups but the point is that the gulf between these two points is no where as wide as most characters. (See first post for my option on character learning curves.) Marth is easy to play as too but there is an enormous difference between someone who can constantly land tippers and someone who can't just like there's a huge difference between a Pikachu who can effectively quick attack cancel and one who can't.
I'm going to work on Marth. His playstyle seems foreign to be, but eventually I'll come to an understanding of how to use it. :evil:

Thanks for the compliment. :evil:

GG's lulz. ]:

You seem to always get the tippers
I was trying to make sure ALL my FSmashes were tippers to try and K.O. I felt like you sadbagged your Ice Climbers when I 3-stocked you. :evil:

So much to learn. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom