• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
What seems like fun? o-o

Hawt black avatar chaco, is that a magikarp?

Barge

I do. :O But there are still people at my house, so no dice. :/

We could play after our matches later tonight if you want, lol.

However, I must warn you:

I suck.
so do I, i've only done 3 matches, but i've placed 1st in all of them

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You guys have Karps?

I have a Karp too! That's such a strange thing to happen, and was DEFINATELY not planned in any way.

Barge

Mariokartwii.com is so inactive its not even funny

is it from the same creators of smashboards?

cba

Smash Master
You guys have Karps?

I have a Karp too! That's such a strange thing to happen, and was DEFINATELY not planned in any way.
i know....but i HAVE to brag about my blue name.....
and glyph if i send you an invite for my future tourney would you join?

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Juuust checking in. And also, I think I'm gonna switch from Yoshi to Olimar for my second character in Hit Me With Your Best Smash (other is Fox, as a reminder). Think I really need more practice with Yoshi before using him in tournaments. =/

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
i know....but i HAVE to brag about my blue name.....
and glyph if i send you an invite for my future tourney would you join?
Probably. It would depend on the theme.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Anyone want friendlies? I'm looking into PT as being another possible main I can use, and I currently suck with him (the SDs... @_@). Don't go too hard one me, lol. D:

Also, FMOI, when you get on, I'd like to take you up on your offer for sonic dittos (or whatever it was you wanted, lol). I need a spring up...

Omis

my friends were skinny
Anyone want friendlies? I'm looking into PT as being another possible main I can use, and I currently suck with him (the SDs... @_@). Don't go too hard one me, lol. D:

Also, FMOI, when you get on, I'd like to take you up on your offer for sonic dittos (or whatever it was you wanted, lol). I need a spring up...
I'll do some matches with you.

Barge

GG's Excellence, they were pretty fun.

Metaknight and GnW has too much priority for me :p

@Fm; can I change marth to Toon link in the first tourney

Excellence

Smash Champion
GG's Excellence, they were pretty fun.

Metaknight and GnW has too much priority for me :p

@Fm; can I change marth to Toon link in the first tourney
GGs Barge. The Ice Climbers are just way too much to deal with on the ground, so I camped in the air with Meta Knight. I hope my Meta wasn't the first you've seen air-camp. As for Mr. Game & Watch, the turtle is like the highest priority attack in the game, I mean seriously, nothing is getting through it including your grabs. :evil:

You didn't sandbag at all, did you? The last match was like... ugh. :evil:

Barge

The last match was pretty horrible.

Which is why I'm changing marth to TL

Barge

Oh, that last kill was lame, I accidently pressed B and did a squall hammah offstage

Excellence

Smash Champion
Oh, that last kill was lame, I accidently pressed B and did a squall hammah offstage
I was wondering, like ":confused:" | :evil:

Your Ice Climbers aren't bad at all. To be honest, I feel like it's life or death. If I get grabbed, then that's it - game over. So I think the phrase, "Don't get grabbed" applies heavily to that match-up. :evil:

The only thing I don't like Ice Climbers is that they cannot approach. I think Olimar only has a tough time against them when he's making mistakes. SH over the Ice Blocks, Shield and move away from Squalls, stay out of Blizzard range when Ice Climbers are not move lagging, and avoid being in striking distance. :evil:

You hit Meta Knight for 60% off of just Squall and Blizzard, then KO'd with DSmash which does ridiculous amounts of damage. Dair Camp FTW! :evil:

Barge

I did pretty horrible with the grabs, especially since you're beating the crap out of nana and sending her 100 feet away when I finally grab you D:

Excellence

Smash Champion
I did pretty horrible with the grabs, especially since you're beating the crap out of nana and sending her 100 feet away when I finally grab you D:
This is because I have learned that FSmash continues moving if I launch it before I get grabbed. Only Popo is getting armor frames when he grabs, at least when thy're desynced, which allows the FSmash to keep moving and smack Nana in the forehead when she tries to smack me. :evil:

I learns fast. ^_^

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
This is because I have learned that FSmash continues moving if I launch it before I get grabbed. Only Popo is getting armor frames when he grabs, at least when thy're desynced, which allows the FSmash to keep moving and smack Nana in the forehead when she tries to smack me. :evil:

I learns fast. ^_^
I remember getting both Popo and Nana with a Snake f-smash and Nana went flying but Popo didn't because he grabbed. Pretty funny. Grab armor frames are ridiculous.

Barge

I wish I could accually beat ary.

]:
all the characters he plays as are bad matchups for IC's

plus hes way better then moi

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I wish I could accually beat ary.

]:
all the characters he plays as are bad matchups for IC's

plus hes way better then moi
:[

I think you're just a little too predictable with Ice Climbers, I know you're always going for the grab. Maybe try to switch up your approach a bit?

Excellence

Smash Champion
:[

I think you're just a little too predictable with Ice Climbers, I know you're always going for the grab. Maybe try to switch up your approach a bit?
I would have to agree with Aryman. I took me two matches (not sets) to figure out how you played Ice Climbers. I was able to look out for everything you were going to do. It may just be the Ice Climbers like of stable approaches, but you may need to find some new ones.

Maybe just steal some of the ways I get grabs in with Olimar. If you notice I really hate going near people without them being stunned from shield breaks. =D

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Lol, Excellence, those PT games were fun. :o A lot of come from behind victories and Flamethrower ****.

That first Squirtle vs Falco match was epic, we lived for so long. I probably should have switched out; I would have gotten a kill a couple times if Squirtle wasn't fatigued.

And LMAO OLIMAR. That was so much ****. I did a grand total of 8% damage on you. PT sucks against Oli. :<

I'm makin' a list, lol.

People not to use PT against:
Ice Climbers
Olimar*

Hopefully it doesn't grow too big. :<

Do you have any suggestions for my PT? Excellence, Barge, Omis??

*Apparently, PT boards have Olimar as an advantage. o.o Char is disadvantage, Ivy is neutral, and Squirt is advanatge. I guess I just have to learn how to fight them. :/

Barge

Lol, Excellence, those PT games were fun. :o A lot of come from behind victories and Flamethrower ****.

That first Squirtle vs Falco match was epic, we lived for so long. I probably should have switched out; I would have gotten a kill a couple times if Squirtle wasn't fatigued.

And LMAO OLIMAR. That was so much ****. I did a grand total of 8% damage on you. PT sucks against Oli. :<

I'm makin' a list, lol.

Ice Climbers
Olimar*

*Apparently, PT boards have Olimar as an advantage. o.o Char is disadvantage, Ivy is neutral, and Squirt is advanatge. I guess I just have to learn how to fight them. :/
get on brawl -_-

Excellence

Smash Champion

I'm makin' a list, lol.

Ice Climbers
Olimar

Charizard's Flamethrowers were really ticking me off, especially while I was playing Wario. With absolutely no long ranged attacks I was literally forced to airdodge into you and follow up with some sort of attack. I think the only times I really took you by surprise was with my DACUS which got punished only once. :evil:

Falco vs Squirtle was too good. When it gets to the point that Phantasm from Falco or FTilt from Squirtle can get in possible KOs, you know someone needs to die. :evil:

Olimar was completely beastly in that last match. I couldn't believe that I won taking less than 10% damage, that has to be a new level of *****. :evil:

It's not that PT sucks against Olimar though, it's just that you didn't know what chu' was doin'. Stick with Ivysaur for the beginning of the match, swat Pikmin with Bair and approach, or camp with Razor Leaf. When Olimar is near death try and use Squirtle. Go for DThrow KOs. If not that then use Charizard's Bair to knock him away. :evil:

Your Pokemon Trainer seemed okay to me. I think you just need to learn your match-ups. I tried to play as many characters as I could (Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, Wario, R.O.B., Falco, Marth, and Olimar) so that you could get a lot of experience really quickly. :evil:

From what I noticed, I'd say you should work on the safety of your approaches with Squirtle; a lot of times I could read your approaches but I couldn't stop them, Ivysaur; work on your keep away games and abuse more Bair. FYI, you can use Bullet Seed to break free from ALL chaingrabs, Charizard; work on your approach and KO methods. You did find one defense, I'd just up my offensive. :evil:

What I think might help a lot, play only one Pokmon until you get them down and take it from there. After you learn one pokemon, learn another. And after you've got that, I'd try and make some collective strategies. :evil:

ADD IN: Did you notice while I was playing Falco, he did that HUGE slide to center stage and did an Up Smash? I wasn't using DACUS that time and if my memories serves correctly, I think I used it when I got up from off stage. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom